Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,699 members, 7,820,443 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:53 PM

General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries - Travel (223) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries (546211 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (220) (221) (222) (223) (224) (225) (226) ... (317) (Go Down)

Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by oyewolejos(m): 8:22pm On Jun 13, 2011
GboyegaD:

Hello House,

While trying to fill my DS 160 I got stuck when asked for my residence in the US. As of now I am yet to conclude my accommodation plans as the school does not have graduate housing and I am still trying to get a very comfortable place outside school. What do you suggest I do? Do I conclude on this before filling the application or can I use a temporary address in a state outside where my school is located.

Put the Sch address and rest your mind. The Consular hardly have time for the DS 160 in a 3 min interview.
They just have that as records.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by nairaspace: 9:09pm On Jun 13, 2011
@timo!

Timotee:

@ House:
I've been trying to book another visa interview appointment after my initial denial but my initial visa application fee receipt is still being listed on my page and it doesnt give me any provision to change the old receipt number to the new one and fixing a new interview date with d old receipt number would amount to fraud. Does anyone who has re-applied for a visa interview date know how I can get over this challenge? Thankz!

were you able to rectify this problem? and if yes, how long did it take you.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by OjaP: 2:21am On Jun 14, 2011
coolgb:

Nice thread u hav here,i really appreciate everyone who has made meaningful contribution to this thread. @ OjaP,abeg i don send a mail. Best of luck to everyone.
coolgb:

You guys are really doing a great job here,abeg OjaP i sent you a mail.

I didn't get your mail.Drop your email and i will write you @ my first convenience.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Gentlezik: 1:32pm On Jun 14, 2011
Chi-Dalu:

Hello Guys,

I just booked my visa interview for 4th August in Lagos Consulate (that was the earliest date i got) but i really would love a July date.

Can anybody pls let me know when any free date pops up in July??

Would really appreciate it.

PS: Been following this thread. U guys are really doing a nice job here
wow!!!i'm new here. like we got admitted into the same school for the same program.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by ChiDalu1: 6:00pm On Jun 14, 2011
Gentlezik:

wow!!!i'm new here. like we got admitted into the same school for the same program.

How do u know that?, i didnt mention my skool anywhere here. If that is so, then dats cool smiley I have a potential coursemate on NL. Is dat cool or wat? grin
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by syndikate: 6:57pm On Jun 14, 2011
@all

I am tryin 2 view d available appointment dates lik l usually do because l av not sin a suitable date yet, bt suddenly now, l get dis error reply

"Error: Error occurred while loading a Visualforce page.

Please email us if you need to get in touch."

Can any1 confirm if they tried bookin a date 4rm 6pm 2day?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by syndikate: 7:02pm On Jun 14, 2011
@all

I am tryin 2 view d available appointment dates lik l usually do because l av not sin a suitable date yet, bt suddenly now, l get dis error reply

Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by nairaspace: 11:11pm On Jun 14, 2011
syndikate:

@all

yes, i experienced the same things, is it abuja or lagos! how many times have u tried it and is it this new gtb receipt or the old vfs!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by syndikate: 7:47pm On Jun 15, 2011
@nairaspace

I tried 4 both Lag and Abj and its d same responce dat am gettin. Its 24hrs naw and the same tin, r u stil experiencein d same tin til now and is any1 else noticein it?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 8:38pm On Jun 15, 2011
nairaspace:

@timo!

were you able to rectify this problem? and if yes, how long did it take you.

@ Nairaspace:
I had to call their help desk on 094601748 (Abuja) and they rectified it after a week and a half, but I had to keep on calling them 'cause they didnt even seem to send my complaints.
They initially said they didnt have my records on their data because I was given an expedited interview date.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by WARYZ(m): 10:02pm On Jun 15, 2011
Pls pple wen going to pay ma sevis fee how much shld i hold apart frm the $200,like the bank charges and other charges i will need to pay at the eco bank at cotonou,nd pls how much is the t/fair from mile 2 to seme boarder.pls quick answers cuz mum is giving me money to pay nxt week monday,nd pls hope its not to early cuz ma interview is still on the 4th of august?.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by imperiouxx(m): 11:03pm On Jun 15, 2011
I just received the admission that I spent weeks on its wes evaluation. Its with graduate assistantship but now I don't know if I can still get a date at Abuja office. The school is resuming this August sad sad.

Guys please tell me what to do now and the advantages of the assistantship when facing the VO.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by seedord247(m): 11:43pm On Jun 15, 2011
WARYZ:

Pls pple wen going to pay ma sevis fee how much shld i hold apart frm the $200,like the bank charges and other charges i will need to pay at the eco bank at cotonou,nd pls how much is the t/fair from mile 2 to seme boarder.pls quick answers cuz mum is giving me money to pay nxt week monday,nd pls hope its not to early cuz ma interview is still on the 4th of august?.

from mile 2 to seme i think is around 500 naira with Cab.

The banks charge is $30 and you'll need to pay it in their currency and more also it not early for you to pay.

Goodluck
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Emmysaint: 9:20am On Jun 16, 2011
ppl, like you said earlier, my appointment date is 2nd august and when printing it out, it was not my surname first, it was my middle comes as my surname and my name comes as my name. But other information is correct. PLEASE ppl what can i do, can i leve it like that or is there a way to rectify it. Am afraid.
Thanks hope to here from you,
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by WARYZ(m): 9:34am On Jun 16, 2011
@seedord where do I get dier currency?and 2,I av to pay the sevis in dollars though?.pls fast answers.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by WARYZ(m): 9:46am On Jun 16, 2011
@ emmysaint I hav a similar issue bt mine is nt as had as urs,wen I printd out my interview confirmation page,my 3rd name was not dere,it was only ma surname and ma name,bt ass u see me so I no fit do any whahala,I go go dat embassy go cllect ma visa,dats all I knw
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Emmysaint: 12:22pm On Jun 16, 2011
@WARYZ, Thanks for your ideal. that's means nothing, than i have to go and get my VISA like that. i really appreciate. But can you inbox me the kind of question the consular may ask, the vital once. to emmysaint09 at yahoo dot come please. and if they may ask this question like this : What career can i gain in COMPUTER SCIENCE And why did i want to study it in the USA. Someone gave me this question, but him have gotten his own VISA. His course is Marketing but the way he answer it, is difference. but i need help and ideal please.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by WARYZ(m): 4:12pm On Jun 16, 2011
@emmysaint I am nt goin 4 computer marketin,I am goin 4 political science,srry I cnt hlp U̶̲̥̅̊ on dis 1,bt there ar many pple who went 4 dat course on here U̶̲̥̅̊ can ask them.am sry
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by DisGuy: 9:54am On Jun 17, 2011
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Gentlezik: 12:07pm On Jun 17, 2011
Gentlezik:

u wrote it down on gre test topic. cincinnati, m.eng rite?? it's cool
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by GboyegaD(m): 4:24pm On Jun 17, 2011
Please people, while trying to schedule a VISA Appointment date, the dates on the drop down for my passport issuance date are way far behind. What do you suggest I do?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by WARYZ(m): 5:09pm On Jun 17, 2011
@dis guy y did U̶̲̥̅̊ say dat we shld avoid dat asian woman,evrybdy seems to hate dat wman,Ȋ̝̊̅§ she dat apain in the ass?man am scared.@everybody as dat asian woman issued any of U̶̲̥̅̊ pple visas?nd Ȋ̝̊̅§ she in d lagos or abuja embassy?.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by GboyegaD(m): 6:05pm On Jun 17, 2011
I finally scheduled an interview date for August 10th. I know I am coming back to share the testimony.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by ChiDalu1: 9:06pm On Jun 17, 2011
Gentlezik:

u wrote it down on gre test topic. cincinnati, m.eng rite?? it's cool

Yes, u are correct. it's nice meeting someone headed same way. Have u recieved ur i-20 yet?, have u booked for ur interview?, let's keep in touch. Wats ur e-mail addy?, let's talk offline
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by totful: 9:53pm On Jun 17, 2011
@Dis Guy

Thanks for the link. Those of us scheduled for abuja should pray oo. To avoid that woman and more importantly, get our student visas.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by syndikate: 9:03am On Jun 18, 2011
Hello all,

Its nt funny anymore, l have been tryin 2 schedule an appointment without success. I even tried creating a new profile but its giveing me an error, help ppl.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Emmysaint: 4:02pm On Jun 18, 2011
Who is that Asian woman, ppl let me no of it. my appointment date is 2nd of August. he she wicked or good smiling woman, i need to know if i'm to greet her like yoruba culture greet.

Have anyone have an ideal how the interview question may be like.

Thanks ppl, talk soon.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by worry246(m): 4:13pm On Jun 18, 2011
Prehaps she lets Yoruba through and only stops Igbo people.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by BabaGiwa: 5:24pm On Jun 18, 2011
Emmysaint:

Who is that Asian woman, ppl let me no of it. my appointment date is 2nd of August. he she wicked or good smiling woman, i need to know if i'm to greet her like yoruba culture greet.

Have anyone have an ideal how the interview question may be like.

Thanks ppl, talk soon.
Asian woman or not, you don't have to be unnecessarily jittery and tensed. You sound like your wife is going to have a baby, lol. Anyway, You should get your documents ready and intact. Be confident; this is because your disposition matters and places you in a position to answer questions perspicuously. Try as much as possible not to lie. Those interviewing you are smart and well trained. If you lie, you might end up contradicting yourself. The following questions are possible:

What is your purpose of travelling to the US?

Name of your school?

Location of your school?

How many students are enrolled in your school?

How did you find out about the school?

Why did you choose the school?

Did you apply to any other school?

What is your intended field of study?

Why do you want to study such course?

Who's sponsoring you?

What does your sponsor do for a living?

Who are you going to live with in the US?

Do you have any family members in the US?

What courses are you going to take as a Computer Science major?

Note: They might ask you questions regarding the course, so be prepared.

Why do you want to study in the US? Now this is one question you should answer intelligently. It usually is the last question they ask. Try answering with much conviction and say things that show you are coming back to Nigeria after your study. I hope this helps.

@waryz, I think I know you. I'm also a Pol.Sci major. I'll b glad to help if you have any questions. Festac. Extension, right?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by BabaGiwa: 5:35pm On Jun 18, 2011
worry246:

LOL! Funny guy.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by imperiouxx(m): 8:55pm On Jun 18, 2011
worry246:

^^^ grin grin grin grin
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by DonPedro21(m): 11:38pm On Jun 18, 2011
I love this trend. You guys are great. I have neva seen any other trend in Nairaland more educative than this.
Guy pls. I need ur help. What are my chances of getting an F1 Visa having my sponsor as mother's Brother (My Uncle) who is a US citizen. he is very very financial buoyant though we have different son names.

(1) (2) (3) ... (220) (221) (222) (223) (224) (225) (226) ... (317)

Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant / Nigerians In Oslo, Norway / Travelling To Canada Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.