Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,809 members, 7,827,977 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 08:32 PM

General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries - Travel (235) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries (546511 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (232) (233) (234) (235) (236) (237) (238) ... (317) (Go Down)

Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by anfanio: 5:16am On Jul 12, 2011
vicidomini:

Again:

You'd have to agree that every Nigerian craves free things and I'm no exception, Free as it comes on here, Every information,Success and Trial stories have began to hype me toward the journey ahead and to those free fingers typing out info worth paying for, I say more Grease to the joints, and to all intending Yanks like myself I say Put the pedal to medal.   

If you're out there and you can find yourself relating with my situation help me beg our trusted people here to help us answer these.

Help!

I just secured admission into a U.S International school (University), An undergraduate 4yr BBA program in Business Administration

I'm currently in my 3rd year studying Sociology in Lasu and now planning on going for a 4yr undergraduate (BBA) Bachelor in science in Business Administration, what possible questions might be asked from me aside standard deviation and square root of -1?

Having Gained the Admission. Do I need to have present with me during interview Toefl,SAT results as the school didn't request to provide this from me while processing my application stating Nigeria as being Exempted from providing them.

I have been bounced 3 times already (2005) (2010) (2011) respectively. All under visiting Non Immigrant visa/application all in Lagos,  Applying for an F1 visa at 26yrs of age now again in 2011 (Fall), what might my success rating be? Lagos or Abuja where would be my best bet?

Sevis fees are not accepted online from nigeria (you know why) and the only two available options are (1) crossing the seme boarder and (2)western union payments if you're lucky enough to have someone abroad to help you. I want to know how to go about paying through either means and the process it entails if anyone out here has paid through these means or has valid knowledge of how to go about this.

Can I find an Interview date before the middle of August as my school resumes on the 24th of same month?

At the end of the day the same consulars come back here to read all our Issues/Hints/Tips. But God over all.

Anxiously waiting for answers.

Thanks in adv.
I will suggest you get a tranfer (admission) or complete your BA at Lasu and go for graduate studies in the US. Your chances are better that way than reapplying for visas frequently. Available info, you've been denied 3 times for visiting, your sister lives there (likely you are not coming back), you want to abandon your studies at 3rd year in Nigeria to start all over at a very high cost in US, (not reasonable to the VO - signs of desperation), and most likely your situation; financial and family (marital) has not changed since you last applied. Completing your BA and going for masters will be a big change.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Ayanfe22: 10:33am On Jul 12, 2011
Hi guys!!
My name is Ayanfe and I have been reading this thread since April 2010. I finally have everything in place. My i20, sevis payemt, etc. What do you guys think are my chances of getting a US student visa with an LLB from igbinedion University, BL from Nigerian law school? I am goin for graduate studies in peace studies and conflict resolution and my interview is in Lagos.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by fun2sho(m): 10:43am On Jul 12, 2011
Ayanfe22:

Hi guys!!
My name is Ayanfe and I have been reading this thread since April 2010. I finally have everything in place. My i20, sevis payemt, etc. What do you guys think are my chances of getting a US student visa with an LLB from igbinedion University, BL from Nigerian law school? I am goin for graduate studies in peace studies and conflict resolution and my interview is in Lagos.
Get ur doc together and u are go to go. Notin do you
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by syndikate: 4:25pm On Jul 12, 2011
@Ayanfe22

Ur gud 2 go wit d little uv said especially since uv read d pages of d US student Bible cos wit it ul b able 2 fine tune ur readyness for d interview. Wen is ur interview. Aw old r u, wat sch?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by trancophon: 5:42pm On Jul 12, 2011
This might sound like a stuupid question but guys please oblige me.

My appointment is for 7am tmr (Lagos) and I haven't taken the required passport photographs.
Someone told me they'll most likely reject the ones I bring and dat there'll be people there taking passports.

So, does anyone know if photographers would be there that early?

I'm thinking of going to take passports now just incase sha.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by syndikate: 5:50pm On Jul 12, 2011
@trancophon

Dats nt a stupid question @al, it maks meanin, where is ur interview, lag or Abj, wish u d best. Its stil early in d day, go 2 a meaninful fotography in ur area and tel them u nid visa lottery 2mins passport, its d same wit wat u plan 2 tak @d embassy(which wil even b 3ice d general amt. If u insist on takin d pics @d embassy, d answer is yes, ul find dem in d early hrs of d day.

Interview gist we await wink
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by trancophon: 6:19pm On Jul 12, 2011
Thanks Syndikate,
On my way to a photo studio.

Yeah, will post the positive news soon as I get back home tomorrow.
Cheers
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Ayanfe22: 8:01pm On Jul 12, 2011
I am 24, my interview is 8th of august. I am female and I am attending florida International University in miami. I am actually born again and I don't rely on all d things people have said here. I prepared like I haven't prayed and I am praying like I haven't prepared. My course is peace studies and conflict resolution.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by johnkent(m): 10:26pm On Jul 12, 2011
Ayanfe22:

I am 24, my interview is 8th of august. I am female and I am attending florida International University in miami. I am actually born again and I don't rely on all d things people have said here. I prepared like I haven't prayed and I am praying like I haven't prepared. My course is peace studies and conflict resolution.

Interesting. I believe in God but I also think you need to help yourself. A lot of the guys on here are giving first hand information. They have either gone to the interview and got the visa or they got rejected. I would advise that you pay close attention to the threads on here. I know you're praying everyday but you still need to know how things work at the embassy. That's my 2 cents. take it or leave it!!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by IgweBLaze: 11:01pm On Jul 12, 2011
Ayanfe22:

you're only 24 and you've had a LLB and BA already!! WOW! Your academic profile would interest the VO so be prepared to answer questions on how your graduate studies would affect your career progression, why and how you chose that school. Arm yourself with every academic cert and/or transcript of yours as you go to the embassy;test scores as well if applicable. Very good answers would portray you as a candidate for the 'US brain drain machine' which is a good omen, not for naija though. Make sure your statements and sponsor details are sorted out properly. Read through the thread again so as to form mental notes on the various experiences and improve your confidence. Let Baba God be on the wheel and you're good to go. All the best.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by imperiouxx(m): 11:52am On Jul 13, 2011
Ayanfe22:

@ ayanfe22,

You piss me off from read this thread any further but I won't. I wonder what you take this thread to be? Maybe where guys ask you to tell lies or forge documents but I guess none of that kind of advice is given here. So what do you mean by you are a born again? Then you should have been here then.

Tell me the sin here?

Is it to tell the V.O how lucrative your course is?
Is it to tell them you are coming back after you studies?
Is it to say your uncle instead of saying your cousin?
Is it to tell them all those places you will suite in when you are back to Nigeria?
Or is it to use the toilet escape route to evade the chinko lady?

I don't see any crime or sin in all these. And please, edit that second bolded statement of yours, it is really really annoying and portrayed people here as liars.

People are just given their own opinion and trying to help each other out. It may suite you or not but not that you make such comments. Even if you don't rely on them, I know you are still going to make use of some if not all wink wink

Heaven help those who help themselves. Leave it or take.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Debbiem: 12:20pm On Jul 13, 2011
myforumid3:

Congrats totful. It was wisdom avoiding the Chinko. Have you bought your flight ticket?
@House, Is our zenith bank's and GTB's prepaid credit card accepted by these foreign airlines?

@ totful, congrats bro
@myforumid3, saw in your previous post you are going to Texas. Which airline (with reasonable airfare) are you planning to go with?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Ayanfe22: 12:24pm On Jul 13, 2011
My dear imperioux, you are one of the reasons why people like ey restrain myself from posting on nairaland. My saying I am born again simpy means that yes, I have read the thread, and will follow diffrent suggstions here but at the end of the day I do not rely on any man because my help comes from God. There are numerous people on this thread with genuine documents, sincere intentions to go and study and possibly even return home regardless of whether or not they secure a job in the states, but at the end of the day, they come here and say they were rejected. You do not need to be aggressive or suggestive. Just drop an opinion and leave the thread. By the way, take not that I am not offended. If you noticed, I said I have prepared like I haven't prayed an prayed like I haven't prepared.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Ayanfe22: 12:33pm On Jul 13, 2011
By the way, except you have a guity conscience,what even brought up the suggestion that I think people here are asking others to forge documents? I wrote in plain English. Except you are oblivious of what is happening on the news, you must know that a background in law and gradute degree in peace studies will do the modern day nigeria a lot of good. Is it the niger-delta conflict? Is it united nations legislations on maritime, is it the recently emerging boko haram? Is it finding a way to resolve the conflicts in the middle east, between oil producing nations(Opec)? Don't say my course is not relevant. Its not nice to say that. I am going to have to study to obtain my degree just as you would!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by imperiouxx(m): 2:04pm On Jul 13, 2011
Ayanfe!
Guilty conscience! lolz. For your info, I had my transcript evaluated by wes and I have been working in medical research field for over 3 years. I was given offer to study Chemistry (Biochemistry) with a full time graduate assistantship. So, I can take care of the remaining expenses myself. I got no skeleton in my cupboard.
I'm not moved either but I want you to read the bolded statement of yours alone and tell me how it sounds to new readers. You said you do not relying on any of those comments dropped here because you are born again but you've been reading the thread since April. Anyone that rely on man has lost it Sure but such of your initial comment needs to be edited. I'm saying giving any of such comments make those trying to help feel bad. I can't disturb you from post comments like you said you've been avoiding. Well, you have a good course to study and we will all make it in Jesus name.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by rawxray4za: 2:38pm On Jul 13, 2011
I was at the Abuja embassy yesterday 12 July 2011 and I carry my yankee visa come out succesfully!!!
My thanks 2 all members of this forum, U all are great, I have been followin dis topic updates since January n am happy 2day!
Here is my own story:
I came in n sat down I monitored n observed all counters as I was told here in NL. counter 7(Fair) Counter 8(Good) Counter 9 (very good or u can say excellent).
I was called in counter 7 I quickly ran in2 d toilet, counter 8 called me, I still ran in2 d toilet n pple were laughin thinkin maybe am afraid 2 face d interview, not knowing am just doin my normal NL tricks!
Counter 9 called me, I quickly jump in and here is d koko!

Me: Good day sir, how r U?
VO: Am fine thank you, why r u here?
Me: Am here for my M1 student visa to proceed with my aviation career.
VO: which school r u goin to n where in d state?
Me: I told him includin my school address
VO: Did U write WAEC?
Me: (My waec hav been witheld since 2007 so i use neco but was afraid of denial, but I know my answer will determine my next question so i made everything complex with dates) Yes I did in 2007 and also did Diploma in Computer in 2008 before proceeding to Malaysia in 2009 where I did my International Foundations in English and rounded up 2010 which after dat I came back 2 Nigeria n attended Nigeria College of Aviation Tech in 2011 before i got employment with IRS airlines dis same 2011.
VO: Do U hav any document or certificate 2 show for all dis? (He was not specific because I show d oyibo say cert plenty!!!)
Me: I gave him all my academic certs excluding NECO n also asked him if he's ok with that! lol
VO: Good U've really been busy all dis yrs n who is responsible for all dis study expenses?
Me: My elder bro
VO: what does your bro do n can i aslo hav his acc statements?
Me: He is a produce merchant that export agro products abroad n here is his acc statement
VO: Ok but dis closing balance is insufficient any other backup?
Me: Yes dat's a persoanl acc I can giv U anoda personal cos his business is seasonal n starts late july, so nothin on it for now.
VO: Ok sir (He brought out my I-20) You will need dis wen U get to US n I wish U save stay in d US
Me: Ok sir thanks for the info about my I-20 (I just dey pray make him finish make I run go scream before my screamin-endurance expires!).
VO: Here is your app number 2 pickup visa on thursday thank you and bye!

Omo I increase my leg speed to 2steps/sec, ran outside n screamed like nepa transformer blow! mhen! I no fit shout but na baba God be ultimate consular general repping 9ja children.

I wish U all best of luck n pls apply d counter trick because Heaven help dose who help em selves!!!

TRY GOD!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by imperiouxx(m): 3:08pm On Jul 13, 2011
@rawxray4za,

Good for you man and good to hear that you used one of the clues given here twice at a time and you are proud of yourself. I'm also proud of you. No single idea or testimony either success or opposite is useless. God be with us all.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by rawxray4za: 3:22pm On Jul 13, 2011
@imperiouxx

Thanks bro, 1 luv!!!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Emmysaint: 3:43pm On Jul 13, 2011
@HOUSE, I great you all. i hav been reading this thread and i thank God 4 those who get their Visa and blessing & favour to those applying and to those re-applying.

My appointment date is 2nd august in lagos. I will like to know the counter to aviod and the one that is good to go. experience NL should reply, still reading this thread and God bless us all NL 'Amen'
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 4:16pm On Jul 13, 2011
Ayanfe22:

If you've already prayed and prepared then why have you been reading this thread for over a yr? You dont rely on things folks say here so why the questions? I thought you had figured that out in your dreams?

Why are you acting morally superior to everyone else? Many of the folks here are born again as well . . . but they havent felt the need to disparage the sagely advice they have recieved here!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 4:18pm On Jul 13, 2011
Ayanfe22:

your ONLY advantage here is that you are female . . . US visa rules are less strict for women. Besides that i struggle to see how you convince a consular officer that a grad course in "peace studies and conflict resolution" is of any benefit to a lawyer in nigeria! These folks live here and know how things work.
But all the best . . . you should make it.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by syndikate: 4:32pm On Jul 13, 2011
@Ayanfe22

R u sure ul lik 2b pt of dis forum, as a law graduate, ul agree wit me dat ur 2nd statement is unneccessary. If l av an answer 2 ur question wit d comment @ which u made il b forced nt 2 answer so u wouldnt critisize me.
Every1 who is a member or just reads tru taks wats nided and leaves d rest witout judgein, it wil b best u do d same.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Ayanfe22: 5:24pm On Jul 13, 2011
If there's anyone who is judgemental here, it is you guys. I am simply trying to say at the end of the day, God favor grants visas. There are many people on this thread who have packed numeroud degrees and have a lot of achievements and financial standing, yet, they are rejected visas. I didn't say what is said on this thread doesn't make sense. If I didn't read this thread, I would have kept trying to use my brothers credit card to pay sevis fee. At one point I had even told my dad that I will explain dat the system refused to accept payment not knwoing the payment can't be made with any nigerian IP address. I do not mean to come off as arrogant, but sorry, I WILL not withdraw my statement on being born again. I only said it to encourage people not to rely on the documents they r taking for their interview. My older brother entered the embasy without his statement of account in 2002 because of my dads forgetfulness,yet, he was granted his student visa and has since returned and works with harllibutton. All I am trying to say is thsat prayer and favor is what grants student visas. Being female doesn't change anything. They will still reject you if it appears your economic stituation is nigeria is not worth returning to.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by trancophon: 5:53pm On Jul 13, 2011
I came, I saw but the American embassy conquered. This time that is.

I appreciate guys that have come on here and given a blow by blow account of how their interviews went.
I'll do that as soon as the opportunity arises. I have a sneaky feeling my application was denied because I applied for a B.Sc (I have a first degree, didnt apply for MBA cos my transcript was seriously delayed by the nonsense school I went to).

So, back to work, taking a chill pill and will apply for a Masters degree against spring. (got my transcripts now).

I promise to be back.

Cheers guys
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by USBound: 6:22pm On Jul 13, 2011
Ayanfe22:

If there's anyone who is judgemental here, it is you guys. I am simply trying to say at the end of the day, God favor grants visas. There are many people on this thread who have packed numeroud degrees and have a lot of achievements and financial standing, yet, they are rejected visas. I didn't say what is said on this thread doesn't make sense. If I didn't read this thread, I would have kept trying to use my brothers credit card to pay sevis fee. At one point I had even told my dad that I will explain dat the system refused to accept payment not knwoing the payment can't be made with any nigerian IP address. I do not mean to come off as arrogant, but sorry, I WILL not withdraw my statement on being born again. I only said it to encourage people not to rely on the documents they r taking for their interview. My older brother entered the embasy without his statement of account in 2002 because of my dads forgetfulness,yet, he was granted his student visa and has since returned and works with harllibutton. All I am trying to say is thsat prayer and favor is what grants student visas. Being female doesn't change anything. They will still reject you if it appears your economic stituation is nigeria is not worth returning to.

@ Ayanfe and co: Please leave all these things. This is not what this thread exist for: proving that one is born again or not, or that God is the one actually giving visas at the embassy and not the V.Os. Abeg leave these things. Reading this thread from page one, we see that it is indeed the favor of God to get a visa, no doubt about this. Still, we have to help ourselves with the relevant information and prepare, hence this thread. Someone like me is sincerely grateful to this thread and the wonderful folks who keep it going. Abeg, let sleeping dogs lie. Facebook is enough for us to SHOW ourselves. This thread is for mutual helping.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by USBound: 6:26pm On Jul 13, 2011
trancophon:

I came, I saw but the American embassy conquered. This time that is.

I appreciate guys that have come on here and given a blow by blow account of how their interviews went.
I'll do that as soon as the opportunity arises. I have a sneaky feeling my application was denied because I applied for a B.Sc (I have a first degree, didnt apply for MBA cos my transcript was seriously delayed by the nonsense school I went to).

So, back to work, taking a chill pill and will apply for a Masters degree against spring. (got my transcripts now).

I promise to be back.

Cheers guys

@trancophon: Sorry about this. Please, DON'T GIVE UP. Dreams come true. Can you kindly post your interview so that we can learn a thing or two?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by claremont(m): 6:29pm On Jul 13, 2011
@Ayanfe22: You may have said what you said initially with the best of intentions, but it is the WAY and MANNER you said it that portrays you as someone you may not be actually. Good luck with your application; just remember, God doesn't issue visas, human beings do.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Ayanfe22: 6:37pm On Jul 13, 2011
@transcophon,
Sorry, it is well. At least you have been to the embassy and seen the places where you might have been defective. Maybe you shoud reapply to study on the graduate level,
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by kidUrbane: 7:05pm On Jul 13, 2011
HI Nlders,
Been a while on this forum, been going through the pages everyday though and shout outs to dizyfrenzy, imperioux, syndikate, seedord, Anfanio,Usbound,Myforumid. and every other NLders who's been holding it down and moving this thread forward.interview's slated for 8th of August. its gonna be favor Grace and Success in JESUS NAME.fall applicants where yall @.This is the most brotherly forum Nigeria's ever had,
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Emmysaint: 8:39pm On Jul 13, 2011
@HOUSE Can someone please give me a bad counter here in lagos to aviod, and good counter here in lagos to move to. Any one can help, my appointment is coming up soon.

Thanks to all.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by myforumid3: 8:59pm On Jul 13, 2011
Debbie(m):

@Debbie, yes I am heading for Tx in 3wks time and I'm flying emirates. Booked it for $1455.56 (N220120) and Payments would be made 2moro with cash @any Zenith Bank or UBA Branch. If I get a better quality service and cheaper airline on wakanow.com which I'm checking now, then I'd take it. Which school in Tx are you going to? and when do you intend to leave? All my yankee friends have already planned lots of spoilt activities to welcome my arrival to OBAMALAND before my school's resumption. Holla me at YIM (da.ghost63) or betterstill gimme a ring on 08181649331.

Congrats rawxray4za for your VISA. I guess your night dreams are full of sweet sweet stuff. Welcome to OBAMALAND!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by fris(m): 10:11pm On Jul 13, 2011
Counting down to my exit from Nigeria. Few days more and excited.

@House, It's cheaper to book your flight directly with airlines flying to USA and early too. Mine just totaled Naira 182 000 one way to Louisiana. I booked the local flight from JFK to Alexandria over the phone with my GTB MasterCard and it worked perfectly only i was told to show the card at airport checking. Delta airline.

I beat the cost by first booking emirates to JFK for 151 k Naira and then search all airlines to Louisiana and next available flight with 3 - 24 hours departure from New York to my time of arrival at JFK and also cheap. then got one closest match and worked fine.Got my e-ticket almost immediately and the $ equivalent deducted from my saving account attached to my GTB Naira MasterCard. All fares came to 182k. Cheaper than booking all at once with any airline from Nigeria.

(1) (2) (3) ... (232) (233) (234) (235) (236) (237) (238) ... (317)

Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant / Nigerians In Oslo, Norway / Travelling To Canada Part 4

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.