Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,081 members, 7,818,236 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:53 AM

General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries - Travel (264) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries (546076 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (261) (262) (263) (264) (265) (266) (267) ... (317) (Go Down)

Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by imperiouxx(m): 5:04am On Aug 10, 2011
davidylanI:

I tire for this spambot oh!

From spam bot checker:

undecided  undecided Is davidylan davidylanI ?  undecided  undecided
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by gbaski2010: 11:37am On Aug 10, 2011
@house
jt scheduled an appointment for septem 6th but dt happens to be my school's resumpt date. Was told i cnt apply for E.D cs i did dt 1ce. Pls any1 wit useful info on wot 2 be done should comment on ds
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by kjude26: 11:45am On Aug 10, 2011
Mine is on friday 19th. smiley
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by loretta(f): 12:05pm On Aug 10, 2011
Please can anyone help mewith the step to take in renewing USA visa
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by WARYZ(m): 12:20pm On Aug 10, 2011
@folakemito,if it was dat 4 was grantd my visa last week thursday i would av been plannin on goin to oklahoma dis same sunday,cuz we already made plans 4 the ticketing thin nt until dat woman denied nerd lookin wman denied me after wasting like 8 minutes of my tym,nd askin me the whole question u can ever think of askin a student.mchewww.but folakemito my skool(opsu)snt me a mail that there ar limitd numbers of transportatn in oklahoma so i shld buy a plain ticket goin to texas nd a school bus will be dere,but u will nt be allowd into d bus without ur i20 nd addmission letter.if i may ask wat skool ar u goin 2.chao
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by myforumid3: 12:45pm On Aug 10, 2011
-------------strolls in----------------
I don reach OBAMALAND oh,
who ona dey na?
-------------strolls out----------------
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by myforumid3: 12:46pm On Aug 10, 2011
how ona dey na mean oh?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by WARYZ(m): 12:58pm On Aug 10, 2011
@myforumid oya ma jaye looo,lets go dere
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by jamiu4real(m): 1:05pm On Aug 10, 2011
@House please let me know if the embassy is not going to issue visa for someone apply for community college, please i need urgent respond as am in the middle of the process of getting admission to one of the California community college accurate information will be highly appreciated.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by davidylanI: 1:28pm On Aug 10, 2011
jamiu4real:

@House please let me know if the embassy is not going to issue visa[b] for someone apply for community college[/b], please i need urgent respond as am in the middle of the process of getting admission to one of the California community college accurate information will be highly appreciated.

you will be denied. no question.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by imperiouxx(m): 1:40pm On Aug 10, 2011
jamiu4real:

@House please let me know if the embassy is not going to issue visa for someone apply for community college, please i need urgent respond as am in the middle of the process of getting admission to one of the California community college accurate information will be highly appreciated.

Jamie,
Combine only the bold words together. . . .? mehn, FORGET IT!

Use www.usnews.com, you review and compare schools and write their admission officer as well as someone from the department of your choice. Some schools post difficult criteria for admission but you would be surprised when you write them and get these can be waive.

@david,

You are too fast than I do.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by jamiu4real(m): 1:45pm On Aug 10, 2011
Thanks so i need to apply for university right ?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by imperiouxx(m): 1:59pm On Aug 10, 2011
jamiu4real:

Y E S !
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 2:11pm On Aug 10, 2011
jamiu4real:

i dont think you know what you are doing. I think this is a case of using F1 visa to escape economic poverty. There is no way a genuine student is unaware of visa restrictions or what schools he/she needs to apply to. Started applying way back 2002 when the only access to internet was 1-2 hrs every saturday at the cyber cafe!
Do you even have a major? That is the major determinant for what school you apply to.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by jamiu4real(m): 2:20pm On Aug 10, 2011
@davidylan what are you trying to say ? you better mind your self k .
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Abats4naija: 2:33pm On Aug 10, 2011
davidylan:

i dont think you know what you are doing. I think this is a case of using F1 visa to escape economic poverty. There is no way a genuine student is unaware of visa restrictions or what schools he/she needs to apply to. Started applying way back 2002 when the only access to internet was 1-2 hrs every saturday at the cyber cafe!
Do you even have a major? That is the major determinant for what school you apply to.

@davidylan
Are u the VO? how do you know they wont give visa for a community college applicant. Your criticism/comments (i shudder to call it criticism) are not constructive in any way. if i were the one u replied to in that way i would be feeling dejected and more importantly i won't have anything useful to take away from your comments. PLEASE CRITICIZE CONSTRUCTIVELY. For your info you are not the only Nigerian in the USA with genuine educational aspirations. Every1 might not be in the ivy league schools but we are all trying to get an education better than that of Naija.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by jamiu4real(m): 2:44pm On Aug 10, 2011
@Abats4naija thanks man that guy sound very rude.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 3:26pm On Aug 10, 2011
Abats4naija:

@davidylan
Are u the VO? how do you know they wont give visa for a community college applicant. Your criticism/comments (i shudder to call it criticism) are not constructive in any way. if i were the one u replied to in that way i would be feeling dejected and more importantly i won't have anything useful to take away from your comments. PLEASE CRITICIZE CONSTRUCTIVELY. For your info you are not the only Nigerian in the USA with genuine educational aspirations. Every1 might not be in the ivy league schools but we are all trying to get an education better than that of Naija.

and what exactly does that mean?

sorry the jamiu dude has no business going for an F1 visa for now if he is unaware that a community college I-20 is enough to get him rejected at the embassy. I am not the VO but considering i came here initially on an F1 visa ditto for my brother and many other friends, i should know and so should Jamiu. A community college here is like going for pre-degree, its for the poor, folks who want to work and school at the same time (they take limited number of classes), those who dont have any clue what major they intend to take and just want to take a few credits instead of sitting at home. A community college will give you an AS at most, you still need a further 2 yrs before you obtain your bachelors. These VOs already know this . . . they know you are better off staying in a Nigerian uni and getting straight BS.

jamiu4real:

@davidylan what are you trying to say ? you better mind your self k .

I'm trying to say you are not a serious F1 candidate. What next? you're going to ask someone to choose a major for you? My friend go and sit down.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by jaykoc: 4:47pm On Aug 10, 2011
mr davy, don't you think you're rather being too hard on the brother? I mean, alot of us don't know this but some still find their way round. Though, i've learnt from your post but please, try to be the bigbrother if you can. It's well with every one of us.
davidylan:

and what exactly does that mean?

sorry the jamiu dude has no business going for an F1 visa for now if he is unaware that a community college I-20 is enough to get him rejected at the embassy. I am not the VO but considering i came here initially on an F1 visa ditto for my brother and many other friends, i should know and so should Jamiu. A community college here is like going for pre-degree, its for the poor, folks who want to work and school at the same time (they take limited number of classes), those who dont have any clue what major they intend to take and just want to take a few credits instead of sitting at home. A community college will give you an AS at most, you still need a further 2 yrs before you obtain your bachelors. These VOs already know this . . . they know you are better off staying in a Nigerian uni and getting straight BS.

I'm trying to say you are not a serious F1 candidate. What next? you're going to ask someone to choose a major for you? My friend go and sit down.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by imperiouxx(m): 5:14pm On Aug 10, 2011
Dave,

Chill, it's ok. You've explained everything. That's enough guys.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Gbenge77(m): 6:54pm On Aug 10, 2011
Wasnt that apalling?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by GboyegaD(m): 7:03pm On Aug 10, 2011
Myself and Fun2sho got our visas today at the Lagos embassy. I believe he will post his experience later. Here is mine:

Got to the embassy as early as 7:30 and my appointment was for 10 so I went to my former bank to gist with my old colleagues. I got back to the embassy around 8:30 and found it difficult to sleep cos the sun was much so I just sat down in the car waiting till 10. I went through all protocols and was interviewed around 2:45p.m.

My Surname is an English word thus, the Visa Officer started with that.

Me: Good Afternoon
VO: Good Afternoon. Can I have your documents?
Me: I passed the passports and everything they gave me when I did my biometrics.
VO: Is ****** your family name?
Me: Yes Please
VO: I can see you will be 30 next month
Me: Yes Please
VO: What is your purpose for going to the US?
Me: To study for my Masters
VO: What School?
Me: University of North Texas
VO: Why this School?
Me: The school offers the program as a Masters in Economics Research and it is rated amongst top 20 terminal masters in economics in the US. The school is rated as a one of the best in the west and also, one of the top 100 college buys in the US by Princeton Review.
VO: So what do you do?
Me: I work with Bank PHB Plc now Keystone Bank Limited.
VO: How long have you been with Bank PHB?
Me: 3years plus
VO: So how would a Masters in Economics help you with your Banking Career?
Me: After my Masters, I want to work as a research analyst with one of the Federal Finance related parastatals such as CBN, Debt Management Office.
VO: What school did you graduate from?
Me: Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile ife.
VO: What was your undergraduate major?
Me: Economics
VO: Can I see your statement?
Me: Yes please, here it is.
VO checks through the 1st page and closing balance and then passed it on to me.
VO: Did you take GRE?
Me: Yes please and I passed it on to him.
VO: Please I have a request from you, when you get back and join CBN, please I will want statements printed on just a page.
Me: No problems, I will look into that.
VO: Ok, you can pick up your Visa at Lekki on Tuesday morning.
Me: Thank you so much.

For me, I think it was favour cos when we were entering, a man double crossed me and then stood in front of me. he was interviewed by a white guy in counter 1 and the guy denied him. The white guy on counter 2 and 3 were fair but counter 2 was nicer. The black guy in counter 4 was nice also if you can defend yourself. However, the guy on counter 1 seems to be on a mission to deny all applicants irrespective of the class of VISA. Of all the people he interviewed, he only gave a couple who the husband happened to be a bishop cos the man was insistent and the guy after them.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by folakemito: 7:10pm On Aug 10, 2011
@davidylan, I think this thread tortures in a diff. way. U shld have a doctor by you, cos' I think one of these days, u might develop high blood pressure while reading or replying  a comment. Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!, I dnt want any wahala o!                                 @ Waryz, I am so sorry 4 dat intrview. U shld re-apply agn.I will be going to Oklahoma City University and a friend of mine wil be pickn me up frm d airport. It wld v bn nice if u wr given a visa, bt u cn stil try agn.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Adolite(m): 7:26pm On Aug 10, 2011
@gboyegaD

Congrat oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, am happy for you Man
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by USBound: 7:40pm On Aug 10, 2011
@GboyegaD and fun2sho: CONGRATS and CONGRATS and CONGRATS.

@Ifecux4real: Thank you for coming back to post your experience. I am sure you can learn from it and take the best decision for yourself.

@folakemito: Abeg leave davidylan; the guy wan carry panadol drink for another man headache.

@davidylan: Why make people hate you? Just criticize with love. Once upon a time, our shoes were all thesame size. True.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 7:52pm On Aug 10, 2011
USBound:

@davidylan: Why make people hate you? Just criticize with love. Once upon a time, our shoes were all thesame size. True.

i find this quite absurd. If you hate a faceless individual across your computer screen then you have serious problems. I post as i see fit, its up to the reader to either make sense of it or ignore it.
The poster requested for a response, i provided it. Enjoy.

folakemito:

@davidylan, I think this thread tortures in a diff. way. U shld have a doctor by you, cos' I think one of these days, u might develop high blood pressure while reading or replying  a comment. Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!, I dnt want any wahala o!                               

My brother actually schooled in Oklahoma and could perhaps provide you with plenty of relevant details of how to survive there. Its VERY COLD in oklahoma.
But of course that was not your intention . . . now we know you are going to oklahoma. Welcome ma.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by djunit1(m): 7:56pm On Aug 10, 2011
USBound:

@GboyegaD and fun2sho: CONGRATS and CONGRATS and CONGRATS.

@Ifecux4real: Thank you for coming back to post your experience. I am sure you can learn from it and take the best decision for yourself.

@folakemito: Abeg leave davidylan; the guy wan carry panadol drink for another man headache.

Bros no body shoe be same size oooh. Cos all of us dey this room nor mean say make we nor respect one another. Just sayin,
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by USBound: 8:07pm On Aug 10, 2011
@djunit1: I said, ONCE UPON A TIME. It's a proverb. We were all born babies before we crawled, walked, run and some people even fly, some can teleport, some evaporate. But, once upon a time, we were all babies. SO, does it now pay to laugh at other babies crawling, or make fun at their funny attempts to walk? Motto: Help with Love.

@HOUSE: This August is good. Lots of good news coming in. Others who are yet to get it, DON'T GIVE UP.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by imperiouxx(m): 8:13pm On Aug 10, 2011
GboyegaD-man and fun2sure!

You guys will be celebrating there I'm sure. One day we all have get together party over there. I'm still praying for my man going for tomorrow interview at lagos. Guess who?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by syndikate: 8:40pm On Aug 10, 2011
Hello every1,

Am sorry 4 takin dis long 2 post my experience. l av bin procastinatin and also busy wit work. Below is wat happened on d 03/08/11, last week wednesday in lag in full details has l can rem.

Couldnt sleep d eve of my interview even though l really tried and wished 2, b4 l new it, my 5am alarm sounded, stood up @1ce and straight 2d bathroom, dressed up and l was out of d house by 6am and @d embassy around 7:45am l was no longer eager 2 enter, decided 2 eat @ a rd side and after made my way in.

My documents(passport, application fee, DS-160 confirmation page and servis fee) where arranged and l lined into the hall of d embassy. D number l picked b4 enterin d embassy was called and my DS-160 form was checked again comparing with my passport realising dat my other names was not arranged as it was, so my DS-160 form was unlocked and was told to go outside to do the correction which l did at a business centre 4 #1000(u wont believe). Then l was back inside, it was confirmed again and was told to sit and wait, an hr later a nice medium statured oyinbo called my number and did a quick fingerprint 4 me, gave me back my docs and told me 2 wait my turn 4d main interview, while l just used dat opportunity 2 listen 2 interview and it wasnt 2 impressive because they where lenghty and unequal denials. D lady who did d biometrics tuk ova 4rm d black guy wit d most smile bt denials bt funny enough my interview was taking too long and l was losing motivation, feelin fed up entered the toilet three times to arranged myself and l now noticed only the lady VO was on sit and since l have noticed she was fresh with the interview and nice, l called the security and told him l have been on sit for awhile he should help me out, he in turn went to meet the lady and told her so she agreed to interview me next.

D VO called my number and when l got to her . . . . . . . . .

Me - how r u ma
VO - fine
VO - can l have ur docs pls(l gave dem 2 her as it was arranged)
VO - where r u going(gave her d name of d institution and location)
VO - there r more campuses of this intitution, y dis particular campus
Me - I was informed abt d institution by my immediate boss which he attended dureing his undergraduate and he mentioned how rewardin his stay was and subsequently with enough communication l had with my admission officer(l mentioned her name) it gave me a reason to put the institution into most consideration
VO - how many schools did u choose
Me - 3
VO - What r d names of d oda schools(l mentioned dem)
VO - I can c u finished in 2006
Me - dat is incorrect ma, its 2005(@least she saw it on her screen, l suspect it was a trick question)
VO - So wat av u bin doin since den(she had a frawn, she was serious)
Me - told her dere was a lengthy strike, went 4 NYSC in 2007 and started working after(den she saw my compy id card dat l intentionally hanged ova my neck, she looked @ her screen den d next question at 1ce)
VO - so u work @ , , y go for a master now
Me - 2 increase my earning power
VO - wat do u do dere(explained in details l tink, she must av not been certified, she twisted d question mayb 2 get me if am lieing, l just gave her my answer twisted aswel, den she relaxed, l noticed she simed certified wit me already and looked into d screen again and d next question)
VO - did u do any exams
Me - Yes ma
VO - which 1
Me – toefl
VO - Can l c d result(d result wey l c 4 outside, na so l start 2 dey find am o, l no c am, d devil is a liar l said in my mind)
VO - so wat does ur father do(told her, stil lookin 4 toefl)
VO - so who is sponsoring u(my mind cum rest small)
Me - My mother
VO - can l c d statement (gave her and she went tru it and gave it bak, l had 12M plus and l was still lookin for toefl)
VO - l will issue u a visa @ dis tim, tak dis and cum . . . . . . . . .(l collect it while stil searchin 4 toefl, na demo ooooo)
Me - Can l stil check 4d toefl?(she frawned smal)
VO - i already issued u d Visa cum on . . . . .  . . . . .
Me - Tank u ma and l left lookin 4d security man 2 giv him my appreciation.
The end.

In all, my advise is confidence, l had alot of dat though l don’t av it always, u wil get dat if u filled d ds-160 urself or go tru it alot b4 d interview. Dont 4gt 2 put God in ur interview.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by USBound: 9:17pm On Aug 10, 2011
@syndikate: CONGRATS.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by kaycome: 9:23pm On Aug 10, 2011
Please i need somone to help me wit GRE materials. I need your help house. My email addys is akinwolekay@gmail.com

(1) (2) (3) ... (261) (262) (263) (264) (265) (266) (267) ... (317)

Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant / Nigerians In Oslo, Norway / Travelling To Canada Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.