Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,106 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:10 PM

General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries - Travel (267) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries (546393 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (264) (265) (266) (267) (268) (269) (270) ... (317) (Go Down)

Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Adolite(m): 4:50pm On Aug 12, 2011
@mysterysng, Congrat
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by biikeys(m): 6:48pm On Aug 12, 2011
biikeys:

Hi everybody,
I am having my interview on the 15th of this month in Lagos but I couldn't collect my transcript from my school up till now.What I have with me is the photocopy of my 100L-500L results.Can I use this and what excuse do you think I can give the VO?
AWAITING A REPLY PLEASE AND URGENTLY.
Thank you.

Pls help give a reply!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Topsy1980: 6:50pm On Aug 12, 2011
Hello nl,am new here but has been visited nl for long, honestly u guys are doing good job here . Yeah here i go, I had applied in us embassy twice in 2002 but was refused . In 2005 applied for another eu visa it was granted. My question is that my year of birth currently quite diff from the one of 2002, House, Pls i want to apply for student visa now, Do u think they still keep thier data base since that time ? Cause they may ask me if i had applied for us visa or not, I need your advice. Thanks
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by KayDee4: 6:57pm On Aug 12, 2011
biikeys:

Hi everybody,
I am having my interview on the 15th of this month in Lagos but I couldn't collect my transcript from my school up till now.What I have with me is the photocopy of my 100L-500L results.Can I use this and what excuse do you think I can give the VO?
AWAITING A REPLY PLEASE AND URGENTLY.
Thank you.

Its not unusual for students not to have their transcripts because most times, it is sent directly from your previous school to the new one.

So you should tell the VO, that your official transcript was sent directly to the school from your undergrad university.

You can show him the photocopy of your results if you feel it will give you an edge (like carries excellent grades) or better still keep it to yourself if he or she doesn't insist.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 7:44pm On Aug 12, 2011
Hello House, got my visa yesterday at Abuja after being denied in May by d Chinko lady.
It was a smooth one unlike d first and I wasn't even ask for an account statement.
It went like this:

Me: Good morning
VO: Good morning. U're goin to South Carolina?
Me: Yes
VO: To study Epidemiology?
Me: Yes. MPH majoring in Epidemiology
VO: Oh! thats good
VO: So whats epidemiology?
Me: I explained it to him
VO: What's d significance of Epidemiology?
Me: Explained it buttressing with examples
VO: Ok. What's viral load?
Me: U mean HIV viral load?
VO: Yes
Me: Told him that HIV viral load depends on the stage of the disease. Low in d early stage of d disease and high in d latter stages.
VO: ok
VO: Which other schools gave u admissions?
Me: Told him 3 schools where I was admitted
VO: So why did u chose this?
Me: The school and dept has a stronger academic faculty than d other 3
VO: thats ok
VO: Who's sponsoring u?
Me: My dad
VO: ok, come pick up ur visa on Monday

1 Like

Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by USBound: 7:48pm On Aug 12, 2011
Timotee:

Hello House, got my visa yesterday at Abuja after being denied in May by d Chinko lady.
It was a smooth one unlike d first and I wasn't even ask for an account statement.
It went like this:

Me: Told him that HIV viral load depends on the stage of the disease. Low in d early stage of d disease and high in d latter stages.
VO: ok, come pick up your visa on Monday

@Timotee: CONGRATULATIONS. Plenty good news in the House this August.

@House: Keep the Good News rolling in. Cheers!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by gbaski2010: 7:53pm On Aug 12, 2011
@timo
pls how did it go d 1st tym cs my 1st tym ws awesome as d v.o didnt even gve a chance,he was jt nt goin 2 gimme. Lookn 4ward 2 anoda int nxt mth.
@house
is there any form of consideration 4 a 2nd timer, pls comment if u made it d 2nd tym
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by rapheal2k9: 8:12pm On Aug 12, 2011
@Timotee Congrats, from your experience at the embassy, were they granting visiting visas or was it difficult? Thanks
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by folakemito: 9:17pm On Aug 12, 2011
@biikeys. It would hv bn beta if u have your transcript 4 d int. since u'r going for your masters.They biliv u shld v a copy and dy see it as more official ,   I was askd mine, bt since u dnt hv it, dn, pray d V.O does nt demand 4 it, 'cos i dnt see hw d photocopy of ur undergrad reslt is going 2 be enof. I PRAY IT IS ENOF. SUCCESS IN your INT.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by imperiouxx(m): 9:26pm On Aug 12, 2011
Yeah, yeah, timotee, I thank God for you man. I could remember when that chinko asked you what's epidemic and pandemic? it's quite sometime though. Infact, i heard from an unreliable source she is no more in Abuja. Can you confirm that.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by ChiDalu1: 10:12pm On Aug 12, 2011
Timotee:

Hello House, got  my visa yesterday at Abuja after being denied in May by d Chinko lady.
It was a  smooth one unlike d first and I wasn't even ask for an account statement.
It went like this:

Congratulations Timotee!!, Glad you made it. Wish u all d best!!!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by mysterysng: 10:31pm On Aug 12, 2011
I am so happy for you Timotee, I met a friend who knows you and she even gisted me about your ordeal the other time. I know that you are a genuine brilliant doctor.
@Imperious, No, the chinko lady is no longer there( I am not sure if permanently or otherwise) but it was said(by a very reliable source, sorry I can't give details) that her colleagues also complained about her so they had to take her off.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by imperiouxx(m): 11:06pm On Aug 12, 2011
mysterysng:

I am so happy for you Timotee, I met a friend who knows you and she even gisted me about your ordeal the other time. I know that you are a genuine brilliant doctor.
@Imperious, No, the chinko lady is no longer there( I am not sure if permanently or otherwise) but it was said(by a very reliable source, sorry I can't give details) that her colleagues also complained about her so they had to take her off.

Thanks man. So, it now confirmed. I said it after hearing Timo's ordeal with her on zoology in his undergraduate transcript that she must be brain sick. Truely she is. People like her should be permanent US staff in Somalia, Libya, Afghanistan or even Pakistan. Maybe one of the outcome of the foreign minister disatisfaction warning some few weeks ago on foreign missions in Nigeria.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by wilzz26: 12:16am On Aug 13, 2011
@ funsho,

first of all i will say congratulations to you. secondly consider it as Gods favour upon you that day you went to the consulate. mine went exactly in the same format as yours went. i mean the questions that the v.o asked you, as in they were really long and i gave very similar answers to the one you gave there but God knows the best and i will say i am very happy for you as this is a land mark victory for you after been interviewed by that lady with traveling experience question.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by wilzz26: 12:28am On Aug 13, 2011
@Timotee ,
i will lke to say congratulations to you. God has put that chinko lady to shame. she was too agressive and now there seems to be light at the end of the turnnel and this is real victory for you.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by bobell: 12:51am On Aug 13, 2011
@fun2sho, @next2_TX, @GboyegaD, Thanks so much for your reply but i jst want you to knw that the 2yrs is not the issue, cos the issue is how to get my F1-student visa on 15th of dis month, am going for a 2yrs degree in Accounting, plz i jst want one or two tip from u guys so that i can add to the one i have, plz kindly advise me on the questions the VO might ask me, thanks much,
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by phy: 1:39am On Aug 13, 2011
biikeys:

Pls help give a reply!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, I went to the embassy with a photocopy of my transcript and i feel if the photocopy of your statement is ''official'' enough it could suffice.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by syndikate: 2:03am On Aug 13, 2011
@Kay-Dee,

Tanks 4 ur reply. Am goin 2 Commerce, Texas. I sim 2 get cheaper deal wit wakanow, most of d airlines are either completely booked or high fares. Wat do suggest, cos l av not made payments yet.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by moonraker(m): 2:20am On Aug 13, 2011
3years B2 visa confirmed yesterday when my passport came in on my first attempt,

judging from this thread, august seems to be a good month for american visas,
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by fun2sho(m): 4:27am On Aug 13, 2011
wilzz26:

@ funsho,

first of all i will say congratulations to you. secondly consider it as Gods favour upon you that day you went to the consulate. mine went exactly in the same format as yours went. i mean the questions that the v.o asked you, as in they were really long and i gave very similar answers to the one you gave there but God knows the best and i will say i am very happy for you as this is a land mark victory for you after been interviewed by that lady with traveling experience question.
@wilzz26
that is just few of her question that i can remember, i cant just remember how long the my interview was but i didnt allow my energy level to deplete all through while i was being interview.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by fun2sho(m): 4:35am On Aug 13, 2011
bobell:

@fun2sho, @next2_TX, @GboyegaD, Thanks so much for your reply but i jst want you to knw that the 2yrs is not the issue, cos the issue is how to get my F1-student visa on 15th of dis month, am going for a 2yrs degree in Accounting, plz i jst want one or two tip from u guys so that i can add to the one i have, plz kindly advise me on the questions the VO might ask me, thanks much,
@bobell
you are welcome, as for your interview there is noting new i am going to tell you if you have read through the post on this thread, if you have not then i can send you some relevant pages you can quickly review before your interview for question relevant to social science course.
Good luck on your day.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by bobell: 5:05am On Aug 13, 2011
@fun2sho, Thanks so much for your reply am so happy and once again i will be glad if u can give me the necessary things related to social science, plz i will be glad if u can send them to my e mail (bobellx700@gmail.com) or better stil post it here so that other people can benefit from it, Thanks so much once again, I pray that The almighty GOD that did your F1 visa will also do the rest of us going for our interview soon, Amen,
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by glory1220: 9:00am On Aug 13, 2011
Congrats Timotee!

Just curious though. Do the VO's or their agents come to forums like these to spy on those who give their stories?
And, is it possible for them to revoke an issued student visa, maybe becos the person claimed one document was not complete or lid on something, but got his/her visa. Would dat be a legal reason to revoke a visa?

May be funny, but just curious.

Appreciate your replies.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by biikeys(m): 9:07am On Aug 13, 2011
phy:

Well, I went to the embassy with a photocopy of my transcript and i feel if the photocopy of your statement is ''official'' enough it could suffice.

please I would like you to elaborate on what you think is official enough.
thank you
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Adolite(m): 9:39am On Aug 13, 2011
@glory1220, Yes VO's do read this thread but nothing concern them , This is America not Nigeria or any other country, nothing concern them with documents, they dont need documents all they are after is your confident and your interest toward your dreams,
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by imperiouxx(m): 10:37am On Aug 13, 2011
glory1220:

Congrats Timotee!

Just curious though. Do the VO's or their agents come to forums like these to spy on those who give their stories?
And, is it possible for them to revoke an issued student visa, maybe becos the person claimed one document was not complete or lid on something, but got his/her visa. Would dat be a legal reason to revoke a visa?

Appreciate your replies.

Your question there is not really clear. Do you mean VO will give visa without complete necessary documents and later after realising that revoke it? I don't think that person can make it up to where the VO says ''visa approved''

All necessary documents must be provided unless there are not asked and one don't need to gamble on whether one doc will be asked or not

@adolite, when are you going again? I'm fully set now, so I will be going in Oct or early Nov.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Adolite(m): 10:40am On Aug 13, 2011
[table]Congrats Timotee!

Appreciate your replies.

Your question there is not real clear. Do you mean VO will give visa without complete necessary documents and later after realising that revoke it? I don't think that person can make it up to where the VO says ''visa approved''[/table]

@imperiouxx, You have said it all
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Gbenge77(m): 11:30am On Aug 13, 2011
Timotee:

It went like this:

Greatarly stage of d disease and high in d latter stages.
[quote][/quote]Great
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 12:14pm On Aug 13, 2011
I want to say a very big thankz to d house for all d contributions and wonderful insight.
Special thankz to Dizyfrenzy and Wilfem who assisted me in getting a date.

I didnt see d chinko woman there, but there was an elderly man in her cubicle and he also spends terribly long time with people, though he gives visas.
From my experience, d young guy at cubicle 9 was d most lenient. If u could give a reasonably sufficient explanation, he'll give u.
There was a woman with 2 kids who was goin for hols in LA. She did everythin to meet d guy in cubicle 9 and she met him. But he didnt give her because he asked her which city in California she was goin to and she didnt know. He had to tell her that LA was written in her form. She later said d form was filled for her by someone else.
There was also a girl from PH who had come last week but d money in her dads account statement was insufficient. She then came with her dad with d same bank statement and d VO was like, this is d same statement. But funny enough, he gave her a 3rd chance to go and get a bank statement with sufficient funds.
There were a reasonable number of people for student visas. Many got but a lot too were denied. The girl just after me was denied.
IMO, I think everyone should be well versed in d important things like ur school, course, reasons for choosing that school/course and ur finance part should be in order. Most of all, its God's favour that counts. Also, from my experience, I dont think a 2nd visit after an initial denial limits ur chances in any way.
Wish everyone goin for their interviews soon the very best of Gods favour and we all will have reasons to smile.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Topsy1980: 12:45pm On Aug 13, 2011
Guyz still await replies to my post, Plz respond to it asap. I'd be appreciate it. Thanks
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by jaykoc: 2:57pm On Aug 13, 2011
@timotee
way 2 go bros, i gbadu this ur post die cos it's one of the finest i've read on this thread n i want u to know that i appreciate it.
I dey throway salute for all of una wey dey gather my confidence o, na God go dey do am for all of us wey wan go obodo oyibo go acquire boko.
Nairalanders, una no go shout Amen? (me i just dey sing amen till my day go come o)
Topsy1980:

Guyz still await replies to my post, Plz respond to it asap. I'd be appreciate it. Thanks
Timotee:

I want to say a very big thankz to d house for all d contributions and wonderful insight.
Special thankz to Dizyfrenzy and Wilfem who assisted me in getting a date.

I didnt see d chinko woman there, but there was an elderly man in her cubicle and he also spends terribly long time with people, though he gives visas.
From my experience, d young guy at cubicle 9 was d most lenient. If u could give a reasonably sufficient explanation, he'll give u.
There was a woman with 2 kids who was goin for hols in LA. She did everythin to meet d guy in cubicle 9 and she met him. But he didnt give her because he asked her which city in California she was goin to and she didnt know. He had to tell her that LA was written in her form. She later said d form was filled for her by someone else.
There was also a girl from PH who had come last week but d money in her dads account statement was insufficient. She then came with her dad with d same bank statement and d VO was like, this is d same statement. But funny enough, he gave her a 3rd chance to go and get a bank statement with sufficient funds.
There were a reasonable number of people for student visas. Many got but a lot too were denied. The girl just after me was denied.
IMO, I think everyone should be well versed in d important things like your school, course, reasons for choosing that school/course and your finance part should be in order. Most of all, its God's favour that counts. Also, from my experience, I dont think a 2nd visit after an initial denial limits your chances in any way.
Wish everyone goin for their interviews soon the very best of Gods favour and we all will have reasons to smile.

(1) (2) (3) ... (264) (265) (266) (267) (268) (269) (270) ... (317)

Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant / Nigerians In Oslo, Norway / Travelling To Canada Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.