Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,149 members, 7,818,452 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:11 PM

General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries - Travel (265) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries (546084 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (262) (263) (264) (265) (266) (267) (268) ... (317) (Go Down)

Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by kaycome: 9:31pm On Aug 10, 2011
Please i want to know how much is GRE exam now and where can i take it in lagos?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by ifecx4real: 10:48pm On Aug 10, 2011
PLS ROOM NOTE COMMUNITY COLLEGE IS NOT A SURE DENIAL OH.

THINGS TO TAKE NOTE OF BEFORE U APPLY FOR A COMMUNITY COLLEGE.

1. FAVOUR FROM GOD

2. YOUR SPONS MUST BE A DIRECT FAMILY MEMBER AND SHUD AV A GOOD CLOSING ACC STATEMENT. (REASON, WHEN HE SEE'S YOUR BANK STATEMENT, HE DID WONDER Y U DID NOT CHOOSE A UNI, HE MIGHT ASSUME U ARE HONEST AND TRULY INTEND ON SCHOOLING) NOTE: YOUR REASON FOR CHOOSING A CC MUST SOUND GOOD TO HIM

3. U MUST BE A TEENAGER (IMPORTANT)

4. A RESONABLE GAP BTW YOUR GRADUATION FROM SEC SCHOOL.

5. IF YOUR V.O IS NOT CHINKO AND THE BLACK GUY WITH A FAKE SMILE(LOL)
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by ifecx4real: 10:51pm On Aug 10, 2011
PLS ROOM NOTE COMMUNITY COLLEGE IS NOT A SURE DENIAL OH.

THINGS TO TAKE NOTE OF BEFORE U APPLY FOR A COMMUNITY COLLEGE.

1. FAVOUR FROM GOD

2. YOUR SPONS MUST BE A DIRECT FAMILY MEMBER AND SHUD AV A GOOD CLOSING ACC STATEMENT. (REASON, WHEN HE SEE'S YOUR BANK STATEMENT, HE DID WONDER Y U DID NOT CHOOSE A UNI, HE MIGHT ASSUME U ARE HONEST AND TRULY INTEND ON SCHOOLING) NOTE: YOUR REASON FOR CHOOSING A CC MUST SOUND GOOD TO HIM

3. U MUST BE A TEENAGER (IMPORTANT)

4. A RESONABLE GAP BTW YOUR GRADUATION FROM SEC SCHOOL.

5. IF YOUR V.O IS NOT CHINKO AND THE BLACK GUY WITH A FAKE SMILE(LOL)
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by folakemito: 10:53pm On Aug 10, 2011
@davidylan. Guy, I can see your pressure rising. Thanks 4 d info, evn tho u gv it out of pain. I knw al abt dier weather and history,, So, kip d pain 2 urslf. Me no want wahala o! Jo o!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 11:31pm On Aug 10, 2011
folakemito:

@davidylan. Guy, I can see your pressure rising. Thanks 4 d info, evn tho u gv it out of pain. I knw al abt dier weather and history,, So, kip d pain 2 urslf. Me no want wahala o! Jo o!

ma'am you over-emphasize your own importance. Pain as in kini? Over you? Who are you? grin Jewman making noise because she's going to Oklahoma . . . the rest of us should now keel over and die abi? Na you first see visa. cheesy
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by folakemito: 1:28am On Aug 11, 2011
@dafidi(davidyln), U love having d last word(s).We knw U.S.A. is writtn in your DNA but dnt take it personal. Let's stop talking back  at ichoda,,   TRUCE?,
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by aroy1: 2:17am On Aug 11, 2011
Kaycome

You can take it @ 1st Logic, Plot 30, Oba Akran Ave., Ikeja. Put their address on google and you will see their phone number. The GRE format is changing soon and it is likely that its preparatory materials will equally change. I might be able to email you some ebooks, though.

Folakemito

Just as a pointer, if you fly to Houston's George Bush Airport, Oklahoma City is 8hrs by road. If Dallas/Ft Worth airport, it is 4hrs.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by aroy1: 2:22am On Aug 11, 2011
@ all

I would appreciate if anyone that has TOEFL preparatory materials, and willing to share, is able to email them to: kkkloy@yahoo.com
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by moonraker(m): 3:50am On Aug 11, 2011
Erm this thread has come a very long way and to be blurnt,

i never really bothered to take a look at it, not until i tried

something like this recently. On my very first attempt, i got a visa,

Now based on my experience, I can tell u guys here that there are

three important points that are necessary for a successful visa application.

1. Purpose of going to the United States.

2. Strong ties with the control your departing from to the United States (Bank Statements, Job etc)

3. Proof of funds

The rest is just in Gods Hands,

God bless
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by kaycome: 4:49am On Aug 11, 2011
@aroy1 Thanks for your help. I want to write the exam by december dis year. So does that mean that i can't use the former materials to prepare for the exam? I will be expecting the materials. This is my email addys akinwolekay@gmail.com
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Toluth(m): 6:09am On Aug 11, 2011
@GboyegaD, congrats on your visa, Pls I have some questions, did you take TOEFL? cos I'm really interested in UNT, and were you given any form of grants or scholarship? Thanks,
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by GboyegaD(m): 7:08am On Aug 11, 2011
Toluth:

@GboyegaD, congrats on your visa, Pls I have some questions, did you take TOEFL? cos I'm really interested in UNT, and were you given any form of grants or scholarship? Thanks,

Thanks a lot Toluth.

I did both TOEFL and GRE. Although the department indicate you must produce your GRE not later than after your 1st semester but note also, that it seems to be one of the criteria for giving funding.
I was given funding as a Graduate Academic Assistant earning $20/hour subject to a maximum of 20hours/week. It also covers out of state tuition waiver. Quickly apply as they also admit for spring and sometimes gives funding for new students in spring as well.
Above all, try as much as possible to communicate frequently with Janice at least to show your genuine intentions.
Wish you the best. Should you need more information, please do not hesitate to revert.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Toluth(m): 7:22am On Aug 11, 2011
GboyegaD:

Thanks a lot Toluth.

I did both TOEFL and GRE. Although the department indicate you must produce your GRE not later than after your 1st semester but note also, that it seems to be one of the criteria for giving funding.
I was given funding as a Graduate Academic Assistant earning $20/hour subject to a maximum of 20hours/week. It also covers out of state tuition waiver. Quickly apply as they also admit for spring and sometimes gives funding for new students in spring as well.
Above all, try as much as possible to communicate frequently with Janice at least to show your genuine intentions.
Wish you the best. Should you need more information, please do not hesitate to revert.

Thanks GboyegaD for your prompt reply, I still have some personal questions I want to ask you, I hope you don't mind, my email,addy is mantao56atyahoodotcom, I'm not using messenger so we may not be able to chat, but pls mail me so we can communicate, its really important, thanks
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Brainpower365: 7:51am On Aug 11, 2011
Hi friends,please i need u guys to help a friend of my.My friend is going for undergraduate study and there is an error of age in his waec certif but d intl passport is carrying the true age.so he plan to take photocopy with scratch card to embassy to avoid any trouble.please will there be any prob with d photocopy.I need honest advise.Thanks.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by GboyegaD(m): 7:58am On Aug 11, 2011
@Toluth, I will send you a mail later in the day.

@Brainpower, he or she should go with the original and scratch card. The VO may not even check that.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Toluth(m): 8:37am On Aug 11, 2011
@GboyegaD Thanks, will be expecting it,
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by imperiouxx(m): 11:05am On Aug 11, 2011
kaycome, I have the old materials for GRE if you need them. Aroy1, I won't mind getting the new materials too if you have them.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by mysterysng: 11:31am On Aug 11, 2011
gt my visa like 2 hrs ago.abuja, gist you guys later.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by CaptainBaker: 11:37am On Aug 11, 2011
I av an interview for M1 visa nxt week, am going for pilot training. I applied as an undergraduate in 2005 to study engineering but i was denied a visa. Nw am goin for it in 2011 again for pilot training. What r d chances of gettn a visa? Any hints i need to know dat is specific to M1 visa's? Please i need quick response, thanks. Am new here bt have been following this trend for like 2 weeks now.
If am asked dat what would i do after my training, what shd i say?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by imperiouxx(m): 11:57am On Aug 11, 2011
Thank God for you mysteryng. I'm still waiting to hear more success today.

This week result seems to be better of last week. Thank God for everyone of you that got theirs. You guys shouldn't leave the thread when you get there or start picking errors on others coming. Be ready to help when it's needed.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by johnkent(m): 12:21pm On Aug 11, 2011
imperiouxx:

and what exactly does that mean?

sorry the jamiu dude has no business going for an F1 visa for now if he is unaware that a community college I-20 is enough to get him rejected at the embassy. I am not the VO but considering i came here initially on an F1 visa ditto for my brother and many other friends, i should know and so should Jamiu. A community college here is like going for pre-degree, its for the poor, folks who want to work and school at the same time (they take limited number of classes), those who dont have any clue what major they intend to take and just want to take a few credits instead of sitting at home. A community college will give you an AS at most, you still need a further 2 yrs before you obtain your bachelors. These VOs already know this . . . they know you are better off staying in a Nigerian uni and getting straight BS.

@davidylan: I have no clue where u get ur stupid information about community colleges being only for poor people. Most people in the United States do attend a community college for 2 years (associates degree) and then transfer to a university for another 2 years to obtain their bachelors degree.
Most people choose community colleges because it saves them alot of money for the first 2 years before they have to transfer to a university for a bachelors degree. What Davidylan doesn't understand is that regardless if you started at a community college or a 4 year university, everyone ends up with the same bachelors degree (That's if you transfer from a junior college to a university which most people do unless for some reason, they decide to drop out of school)
Another thing David didn't point out to you guys is that almost 80% of american nurses only have an associates degree and NOT a bachelors degree. U know where these nurses got their degrees from david?? u got it, COMMUNITY COLLEGES.

I'm a product of a community college. I saved atleast $20,000 going to a junior college for 2 years before transferring to a university.

1 Like

Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by djunit1(m): 12:38pm On Aug 11, 2011
johnkent:

@davidylan: I have no clue where u get your silly information about community colleges being only for poor people. Most people in the United States do attend a community college for 2 years (associates degree) and then transfer to a university for another 2 years to obtain their bachelors degree.
Most people choose community colleges because it saves them alot of money for the first 2 years before they have to transfer to a university for a bachelors degree. What Davidylan doesn't understand is that regardless if you started at a community college or a 4 year university, everyone ends up with the same bachelors degree (That's if you transfer from a junior college to a university which most people do unless for some reason, they decide to drop out of school)
Another thing David didn't point out to you guys is that almost 80% of american nurses only have an associates degree and NOT a bachelors degree. U know where these nurses got their degrees from david?? u got it, COMMUNITY COLLEGES.

I'm a product of a community college. I saved atleast $20,000 going to a junior college for 2 years before transferring to a university.

True Community college is not a sure denial but the chances are very very slim. Emphasis [/b]on the [b]slim. Whether we like it or not this country is only after the money students are going to put in the economy so, when they see that your fee is not very valuable they are kind of skeptical

The fact that they have so many of their own poor citizens in community colleges is why they dont want foreigners to come join the trend.

Things like these do not need to be argued about because it is just common sense!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 1:16pm On Aug 11, 2011
johnkent:

@davidylan: I have no clue where u get your silly information about community colleges being only for poor people. Most people in the United States do attend a community college for 2 years (associates degree) and then transfer to a university for another 2 years to obtain their bachelors degree.

that's a blatant lie John and you know it. I spent 5 yrs in upstate NY, there were FAR MORE students in the 2 private colleges we had (at least no less than 60,000) than attended the community colleges around (about 3 of them). I used to take my friend's wife to the community college close to my home, it was populated by minority students who were:
a. too poor to afford the private schools
b. not smart enough to get into the private schools
c. combining jobs with school
d. not sure what major they wanted but merely taking a few credits before figuring out the rest later

thehomer:

Most people choose community colleges because it saves them alot of money for the first 2 years before they have to transfer to a university for a bachelors degree.

I already made that point.

thehomer:

What Davidylan doesn't understand is that regardless if you started at a community college or a 4 year university, everyone ends up with the same bachelors degree (That's if you transfer from a junior college to a university which most people do unless for some reason, they decide to drop out of school)

1. "most" people from community colleges do not go on to obtain a BS. Stop lying.

2. This is easy as long as you are a US citizen. Applying to go through this same process as an international student wont cut it with the VOs at the embassy. Like Djunit said, a lot of those community colleges are cheaper because many are government funded. Why would the embassy let you go enjoy tax-payer funded education?

thehomer:

All fine and dandy if you are a US citizen dude. no one is quarreling about this point.

thehomer:

lucky you.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by aroy1: 2:03pm On Aug 11, 2011
Kaycome

I have sent the books to your email. If the GRE format does not change, those books are enough to nail the exam. But with the change, I really don't know.

GboyegaD

You have any ebook(s) on TOEFL that you might be willing to share?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Saylawchar(m): 2:48pm On Aug 11, 2011
@Fris,

pls drop me ur email, we need to rub minds asap, or u can mail me: sbamisaye@gmail.com

tanx
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by kaycome: 3:32pm On Aug 11, 2011
Thanks tolu and aroy1. I have gotten the materials
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by teachme(m): 4:21pm On Aug 11, 2011
mysterysng:

gt my visa like 2 hrs ago.abuja, gist you guys later.

Congrats, 

Please brief us abt the consulars letting us know who is who!

And also ur quest and answer:

seadord, dont mind me!!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by seedord247(m): 4:40pm On Aug 11, 2011
teachme:

Congrats,

Please brief of the consulars and lets know who is who!

Could this be English or English spanish
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by syndikate: 5:51pm On Aug 11, 2011
Hello All,

Who knows aw 2 gt d cheapest flight 2 Texas, wat l av bin c'in is nt surprisein. Also, who knows abt d services of emirate and royal air maroc?

Ur responces wil b appreciated.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by GboyegaD(m): 7:07pm On Aug 11, 2011
aroy1:

Kaycome

I have sent the books to your email. If the GRE format does not change, those books are enough to nail the exam. But with the change, I really don't know.

GboyegaD

You have any ebook(s) on TOEFL that you might be willing to share?

Aroy,
I did not prepare for TOEFL when I heard it was just Reading, Listening, Speaking and Writing as such, I do not have any materials. Please, can you assist my sister with GRE materials cos unfortunately for me, in my naughty character, I did not buy materials for the exams cos I felt there was no time to prepare. We would appreciate you send the materials to: ebun_bose@yahoo.com. She needs to write the exams not later than December.

syndikate:

Where are you going to in Texas? However, you can get tickets to New York on Wakanow.com for 22nd for N220k Royal Maroc and 230k Emirates. Quickly book on hold now. You can then book your connecting flight from New York to Texas.
Hello All,

Who knows aw 2 gt d cheapest flight 2 Texas, wat l av bin c'in is nt surprisein. Also, who knows abt d services of emirate and royal air maroc?

your responces wil b appreciated.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by aroy1: 7:36pm On Aug 11, 2011
GboyegaD

So what did you score in the TOEFL test? Like I said, GRE is changing soon. The present materials, which I have, might no longer be suitable.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by GboyegaD(m): 7:41pm On Aug 11, 2011
I scored 104: R - 30, L - 26, S - 20 and W - 28. I don't think it requires preparation like that.
In the mean time, let her prepare with what you have. I think all they are changing is Analogy and Antonyms. She can practice other aspects.
Thank you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (262) (263) (264) (265) (266) (267) (268) ... (317)

Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant / Nigerians In Oslo, Norway / Travelling To Canada Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.