Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,607 members, 7,827,291 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:09 AM

General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries (546493 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (317) (Go Down)

Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by mylove007: 5:45pm On May 20, 2009
Thanks Promise72.
Can anyone please provide me with the list of cheap universities in US for masters? I have Western Kentuchy already but looking for more to compare. Appreciate your concern. Thanks
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 8:41am On May 21, 2009
@ prince72 thanks 4 advicing NLders       This NSK guy has been a nuisance all over this thread.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by rachiwise(f): 9:13am On May 22, 2009
Hi guys,

There is an issue that is really confusing.My brother's GRE score report has not been sent to him yet.Or at least he hasnt received it yet.The schools he applied to confirmed that the have his scores with them,but dont understand why his copy didnt get to him.He had his exam jan 2009.He has his TOEFL and he has scheduled interview at the US Embassy for around 3rd week of June.

The deal is that he called and mailed ETS(body that organizes the GRE exams).he was apologized to and was told that another one has been sent to him which he was going to receive soon.That was early April and up till now he hasnt got it.

The question now is that, if he doesnt get his own copy can he still go the embassy.  .  .  having in mind the school he applied for didnt request for any GRE score(it is not required for admission)?The School is WSU in Kansas. I adviced him to take along a copy of the school's requirements stating that the GRE is not needed in any form to the embassy.

We still hope to get the score report.

Please we need ur advice on this.

Thanks! smiley
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by james2man: 11:27am On May 22, 2009
Hum mmm, @rachiwise to my own understanding this is what i suggested your brother should do since you are still waiting for ETS to mail him the score report.let him create an account with ETS online,which i believe his score will be available online.then print out the page showing his full name and address including the GRE score,should in case the EST is not yet delivered.he can go with the original print out printed online.
because he need to go with any international exam score with him to the embassy, My friend used the printed score report he printed out online, from college board to the embassy when he was awaiting for his report but he didn't get it,
Above all i wish your brother good luck and favor in the sight of the Consular.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by rachiwise(f): 11:47am On May 22, 2009
@ James2man

we'l try that out.i just really hope he gets it soon.

Thanks man!  wink
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by UF2I2: 4:20pm On May 24, 2009
Hey, I don't really think the online thing works. My GRE score was not also sent in time. I tried the stuff but didn't work. I had to contact ETS and the response was that it has been sent to the correspondence address on , day, about 6 weeks after I wrote the exam. I had to wait for additional 4-5 weeks to get it. I just had my embassy interview last week and was issued the US visa to study for a PhD programme. I was asked my GRE score report, which I showed to them. I was also asked for my TOEFL score, which I didn't even seat for. I outrightly told them I didn't do it. I don't have a Masters, but I was asked. I also told them that I don't have a Masters.

The truth is, for as much as your GRE score is required, the most important things are as follows;

You should be able to show the consular officer that you have enough funds to cover your studies and that you will exit the US immediately after your studies.

In your case, the fault is from the ETS people since they sent you an apology e-mail. What I suggest you do, in case you are not able to print the GRE score out online (which i doubt will work out) is to print out the apology letter sent to you from ETS directly form your mail and go along with it to the embassy. Try as much as you can to ensure that you go along with all necessary documentations, even your transcript, if possible.
Warning: Do not show them anything unless asked. Those guys don't know what to ask. They create questions from what you either say or show them. Answer in simple sentences. if possible, monosyllabic words.

Also, Pray without ceasing. Pray, Pray, Pray and pray and God will help you. Feel free to ask any further questions.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Dotman01(m): 11:19pm On May 24, 2009
@all, my younger broda just wrote his toefl exam, and he's apllying 4 d undergraduate fall admission. I wanna ask if its not too late for d fall admission? And can he apply now without d toefl result.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by UF2I2: 9:23am On May 25, 2009
I am pretty sure you are not talking about fall 2009. If so man, it is really too late. The truth is, its already June. Even if you get a high TOEFL score when would the school receive your documentations, make their admission decisions and send your I-20? The worst of all, when are you going to schedule your appointment at the embassy?
Man, i'll suggest you ask your brother to take his time and work towards Spring or Fall 2010.
Its better he takes his time and get the visa than rush and be turned down. Besides, when did he finish secondary school? Most importantly, I hope he is still under 18.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Dotman01(m): 10:12am On May 25, 2009
He's now 22 yrs and he's an OND holder, he finished bout 3yrs ago.
I hope u wanted to say spring 09 nd nt spring 2010.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by rachiwise(f): 1:22pm On May 25, 2009
@UF212

Congrats on ur visa!!! That is really good news! So u had the GRE problem too, i really do not know what their problem is. He even requested for additional score which was sent over a month ago and yet to be received. Imagine!!! Anyways, the worse comes to the worse he will have to go there with or without it.

Thanks for thr info.But the truth is that the school that gave him admission did not require the GRE for admission into the school. He was sent a mail not to bother writing the exam (but he did anyways).Now he has not got the score report.

On the issue of 'enough funds' and 'exiting US on the completion of ur studies', which documents did you use to back up ur visa application? especially when you said that 'do not show them any documents except you are asked' Which documents are necessary which one are not?

Once again thanks for the info.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by tboy81(m): 9:29am On May 26, 2009
Hi Guys:

Nice informative thread!

Would like to know if receiving i-20 form, late june or early July would not be considered too late for visa application?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by toyosiwemi(f): 11:21am On May 26, 2009
Hi Guys,

Nice thread. Please I want to find out if im going to need my I20 to book visa appointment online. My school resumes in august but my letter is enroute, I m thinking of booking for the appointment while expecting the letter , is their any slot in the online booking where ure required to fill your SEVIS number on the I20?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by rachiwise(f): 12:13pm On May 26, 2009
@tboy81

depending on when your school resumes, July shouldnt be late.Just try to book as soon as u get your I-20 form.

@toyosiwemi

You can only book online with your SEVIS number on your I-20.Best of Luck! wink
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by kevd2: 1:17pm On May 26, 2009
@rachiwise, I had the GRE problem. All i did as to fill out a contact request form on ETS.org and requested that they send another copy with my address in it and i recieved them about 3 weeks later.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by rachiwise(f): 11:40am On May 27, 2009
@ y'all

My Bro just got is GRE score report this morning!!! smiley

Now i believe when they say God do hear prayers.   .    .    .u need to see the guy pray hard for it! cheesy

Thank God for this.

Thanks you guys.Now on to the next steps.  .  .   shocked
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by james2man: 12:49pm On May 27, 2009
Yes indeed he hear prayers, Not only hearing it alone but come to your rescue as well, He is a good God i'm happy for you bro.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by toyosiwemi(f): 3:11pm On May 31, 2009
@rachiwise: thanks i got my letter finally and ive been able to make an appointment for june. smiley

@UF212: Congrats on your visa! What exactly do you mean convince them ure coming back? what documents do you convince them with?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by prince84(m): 5:56pm On May 31, 2009
@toyosiwemi
Proof that you will return means ties to your country,like Appointment/job offer letter,marriage certificate or landed properties.basically any thing to show that you will eventually come back to Nigeria after your programme.

@rachiwise
I went to the US Embassy in Keiv last week,They advised me to go back Nigeria and apply,so i guess i will be coming in July.But my problem is i dont know how to book for appiontments as i went through the US embassy cannot find were to book, Would be grateful if you can explain the process for me.

@ House did anyone pay his/her tuition fees?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by toyosiwemi(f): 6:04pm On May 31, 2009
@prince84 thanks , i dont have any of those, but i have my whole family in nigeria, what do you suggest i use?
application is now easy, just go to the nearest uba bank branch and pay the fees and then you will be issued receipts to apply online througy the vfs global website.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by rachiwise(f): 12:19pm On Jun 01, 2009
@ Prince84

Whao! so u have to come down for ur interview? B4 u come down you have to inform any of ur relatives or friends to help out with ur interview payments etc . . .so as to avoid loss of time.

U will go to UBA like toyosiwemi said make the necessary payments,$131 for visa application and N3500 for VFS payment/interview.

for better understanding pleas check this link http://www.usa-vfsglobal-ng.com/schedule.aspx

All the best! wink
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 12:51pm On Jun 01, 2009
@ rashiwise

wher have u been, gimme a buzz on YIM ok!!!!!!!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by rachiwise(f): 12:33pm On Jun 03, 2009
@ femilangy

i have been buzzing shocked

wassup?? hope u r cool.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by prince84(m): 6:09pm On Jun 03, 2009
@rachiwise
Thanks for the info, I just sent someone to pay the fees for me for the VFS and the visa applications today.tomorow i will book for a placement in the abuja console.

Hope to see you guys soon, wish your brother all the best.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by rachiwise(f): 11:05am On Jun 04, 2009
@ Prince84

That is good news. All the best too and. . . Safe trip! wink
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by UcheM2: 1:06pm On Jun 05, 2009
Anyone paid SEVIS FEE lately the site isn't accepting online payment presently. Can someone help with how they paid payment recently online
Thanks all.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by rachiwise(f): 1:41pm On Jun 05, 2009
@ Uche M

Keep trying,we also had the same problem but we got tru at last.  .  so try until u get it done.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by UcheM2: 2:32pm On Jun 05, 2009
@ rachiwise

Please at what time of the day did u succeed? My friend contacted their office n they said he should pay using Cheque or Money Order which will take another 3 to 4 weeks b4 the receipt will be ready!

Pls advice!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by julietobi1: 3:29pm On Jun 05, 2009
please can anyboby help me with a format on how to write an invitation letter, inviting my cousin to UK.

thank you
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 11:27am On Jun 07, 2009
@ juliet obi

ask on the UK thread.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by ponytail: 4:05pm On Jun 11, 2009
i had the same problem with th SEVIS payment, had to arrange to have it sent on my behalf in america and then i paid for expedited receipt delivery

On another note, i might have to go Abuja for my appointment, there are no dates till august which is too late but i am worried about where to leave my bag during the interview since i can not take it inside with me. Does anyone know if there is anywhere people can leave their bags while inside?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by wanville(m): 4:15pm On Jun 11, 2009

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (317)

Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant / Nigerians In Oslo, Norway / Travelling To Canada Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.