Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,788 members, 7,817,270 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:13 AM

General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries (546031 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (317) (Go Down)

Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by femo2000(m): 6:41pm On Jun 12, 2009
Hi Guys!!

I am really grateful for this forum its really informative

1. Please I would like to know how would I prove that My sponsor is really my Uncle that does not bear the same Surname as mine.

2. There no more date available for June and July in Lagos, Can I apply for Emergency appointment? I am billed to resume in the U.S on 13th July ?

Your answers will be highly appreciated

1 Like

Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by wanville(m): 6:48pm On Jun 12, 2009
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by rachiwise(f): 3:27pm On Jun 14, 2009
@Femi2000
Try to book ur appointment for Abuja.All d best!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by ponytail: 2:12pm On Jun 15, 2009
hi did anyone need to take their transcripts for the interview?

@femo, you might want to book an appointment at abuja and quickly too cos the first week in July is already booked
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Afam4eva(m): 8:37pm On Jun 16, 2009
ponytail:

hi did anyone need to take their transcripts for the interview?
I also want to know cos my transcript is not all that.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 8:39am On Jun 17, 2009
@ Afam and ponytail,
You dont have to take your transcript to the embassy,your statement of result or university certificate should do.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Afam4eva(m): 9:33am On Jun 17, 2009
Thanks femi for the info.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by rachiwise(f): 11:42am On Jun 19, 2009
Hi guys,hope there is progress on the visa applications.Is there anyone that has gone for the interview?

Pls let's know how it went, the questions asked and the outcome.I hope everyone gets good news!

my bro's is for the end of the month,so please if you can help out with more info,it will be appreciated.Thanks.

Cheers!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Lanny(m): 7:27pm On Jun 19, 2009
By way of contribution,I know of a sure bet,and hassle free way of getting to the USA for schoolling.It is equally less expensive for both undergraduates and graduates.
If you are interested,feel free to call 08032319698 or mail sawreal08@gmail.com.
This will put to rest the submission by a fellow Nairalander that information about USA traveling is being hoarded.
The lack of adequate information about this topic may largely be due to the fact that most members think they can go it alone and as such they do not come out with the questions.
There are guys who have full understanding of the procedures,right links and adequate experience that can forestall application rejection and visa refusal while at the same time,help in arranging necessary papers promptly.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by jumoke90(f): 6:16am On Jun 20, 2009
u guys are doing a great job!!
can anyone provide information about US student visa renewal?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by sley4life(m): 12:40pm On Jun 23, 2009
US consulate in 9ja is very tough. Even with all your documents intact they deny you before the blink of the eye
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by johnkent(m): 8:13pm On Jun 23, 2009
sley4life:

US consulate in 9ja is very tough. Even with all your documents intact they deny you before the blink of the eye
Haha. U re absolutely rite. As much as the new consulate general tries to show that the US embassies in Nigeria are fair in terms of the Issuance of visas, we all know what the truth is. Very difficult to get a visa from either of the embassies. All u can do is keep reapplying and thats about all you can do. its quite unfortunate that the visa fees are nonrefundable.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by jumoke90(f): 4:49am On Jun 24, 2009
u guys are doing a great job!!
can anyone provide information about US student visa renewal?
again!!!!someone shld pls reply
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by toyosiwemi(f): 8:45am On Jun 24, 2009
Hi Everyone,

Please i need help o. I kept my appointment at the embassy on the 15th june but I wasnt aware of the SEVIS fee payment. The guys were very nice and they actually noted it that i came and told me to go and pay then send a mail to lagosstudentvisas@state.gov to request another appointment time. I have paid and sent my details since 17th of june but i am yet to recieve a response from them. The automail sent to me said i should wait 3-4 days and ill get a response, Its been 5 days now, can someone please tell me what steps to take??
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by femo2000(m): 12:41pm On Jun 24, 2009
Hello PPL,

I need the biggest help now. I was unable pay for my I-901 fee online using a VISA Debit card, so I contacted someone in d U.S to pay 4 me using cheque, this brought about some delay but at last I got it.

The Issue now is there are no more appointment slot for Lagos and Abuja and I am scheduled to resume school on 13th July.

I proceeded applying for emergency appointment but the email "lagoscon2@state.gov" returned my mail as failure.

I also tried VFSGLOBAL hot line 014631363 to get info on how I should go about it but the line just kept on riiinnging nobody picked it.

Can I also apply for emergency using "lagosstudentvisas@state.gov"? or what should I do as 13th July is just around d corner.

Please I need immediate assistance

E JOOOO ooooo!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by smile11s(m): 1:03pm On Jun 24, 2009
send an email to lagosstudentvisas@state.gov

explain to them when your school will be resuming,

They reply emails only on Tuesdays and Thursdays
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by rachiwise(f): 1:06pm On Jun 24, 2009
@Jumoke

i really dont have an idea on that but you can check their website for answers.

@ Toyosiwemi

Whao! I thought we all ironed out the requirements for Student Visa very well here.  .  .  didnt you pay attention to all the details shared here?? shocked

But well done girl! U must have really done great, because according to what i've heard they only ask you for your SEVIS when they are satisfied that you are a genuine student visa applicant and ready to issue you your visa.Dont panic! U have sent a mail to them and i'm sure they will respond before the end of today.They take their work seriously and no matter what they will reply your mails.

@ Femo2000
Quickly send a mail to them using lagosstudentvisas@state.gov  or one for Abuja, also tell them you are to resume by 13th of July.And I sure they will squeeze ur appointment for sometime before then.

All the best guys! Ours will be soon too and i really pray for the best!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by femo2000(m): 1:40pm On Jun 24, 2009
@smile11s, @rachiwise

Tanxs guys, ur suggestions have been really helpful.

I sent the mail 10mins ago and am really optimistic that I will get a response from them

God bless you and I wish everyone success at their interviews.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by toyosiwemi(f): 2:35pm On Jun 24, 2009
@rachiwise, yeah i know, pretty stupid of me, i just assumed wherever i see SEVIS they were refering to the form I-20, anyway i guess God has a hand in it. I havnt actually been interviewed at all, they just checked my documents at the gate and noted the missing document then explained how ill get another interview date.

Its been a week now and i hope anyone has ever had to wait this late to get a response from them? i was contemplating resending the mail but dont want to duplicate it.

Thanks a lot, i appreciate your response.

@smile11s you said they only respond to emails on tuesdays and thursdays? how true is that?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by femo2000(m): 3:46pm On Jun 24, 2009
@toyosiwemi

I noticed from ur post that u got an automail response from lagosstudentvisas@state.gov,

Is it compulsory that I must get an automail reply?, cos I sent my mail almost 3hrs now and I've not recieved any automail reply.

Anyone with know-how of this things please ur contribution will be appreciated.

Tanx
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by rachiwise(f): 4:08pm On Jun 24, 2009
@Toyosiwemo

Whao! sorry.  .  . i thought you had the interview and you were told to come back with the SEVIS.But,It is all well.They will surely reply you very soon.So keep your chin up!

@ Femo200

you should have the auto reply almost immediately, i suggest you send another mail.All the best!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by toyosiwemi(f): 4:28pm On Jun 24, 2009
@femo2000

Yeah I got an auto generated response from them almost immediately , i dont know if its everyone that gets that though.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by smile11s(m): 7:26pm On Jun 24, 2009
@toyosi

I am 100% sure they send out emails only on Tuesdays and Thursday.

Whenever they reply you, do confirm my claim.

am Nigerian,

wish ya lucks, but prepare
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by UcheM2: 4:24am On Jun 25, 2009
Hi Guys,
I must say that this forum as been very informative.

My Advice to everyone concerning paying SEVIS fees is to make sure you get your sevis fee paid and you have a copy of the online receipt you printed out with you or if you have paid through Western Union Quick Pay, the blue copy signed and stamped by the Western Union Quick Pay agent will also do for the interview.

As an F1 student, at the gate before you go in for the interview, you will have some staff attending to you while you are on the queue and telling you what document you should put together these include, SEVIS payment receipt, original I-20, DSF 156 forms, DSF 157 forms, Interview appointment form, International Passport and 2 Passport photographs. The staffs will then collect these mentioned document above n sign against your name before you are allowed in to go and take your seat while waiting for your interview turn.

In a nut shell, ny advice is that you make sure you get your SEVIS fee paid b4 your scheduled interview date and alo print the receipt.
So whether you will be issued a visa or not is not dependent on if you have paid your SEVIS fee.
The whole thing bores down to that without the SEVIS fee receipt payment evidence you WILL NOT BE ALLOWED IN.
Goodluck Guys.

1 Like

Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by cvibe: 9:26am On Jun 25, 2009
It is advisable to visit educationusa website for all the acceptable means of paying the SEVIS fee, as you do require the evidence of payment before you schedule an interview.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by femo2000(m): 6:03pm On Jun 25, 2009
@rachiwise

Tanx, I actually got the auto response seconds before I tried sending another mail, thats about 4hrs after I sent the First one.

@ toyosiwemi

Have you received any response from the Embassy ? you know today is thursday like smile11s SAID.

@ all
Is it true that there are some people involved in the runs of helping secure an emergency Interview appointment? lipsrsealed shocked shocked smiley

Is it really possible? shocked cool cool

Your opinion will be appreciated
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by james2man: 8:43pm On Jun 25, 2009
I don't think there is Emergency for student visa, they believe you are to book for your appointment once you get your i-20.but you can still do some research as well, Take care i wish you best of luck
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by toyosiwemi(f): 9:36am On Jun 26, 2009
@femo2000

i got a response from them this morning asking me to state my resumption date.Guess they need to know how urgent. for security reasons i felt its good to be sincere sha, my resumption is still in august.hope they give me an appointment date soon.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by rachiwise(f): 3:17pm On Jun 26, 2009
@ Femo2000

due to the urgency of the need for ur appointment date,try to check everytime for available dates.I just saw 1st and 2nd of July available in Abuja.So be at alert always.You dont need anyone if u can always check urself.

@toyosiwemi

Well done girl.U should get a reply soon.

1 Like

Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by femo2000(m): 4:02pm On Jun 26, 2009
@rachiwise

Tanx for ur backup,

at the moment its only 1st of july thats available at Abuja, I checked it few mins ago.

But I'm thinking if there would not be a clash somewhere if I book at Abuja now and Lagos replies me giving me an appointment as well. I dont know if Lagos and Abuja work together or otherwise on scheduling appointments.

Infact whats your best advice at the moment
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by rachiwise(f): 4:12pm On Jun 27, 2009
My advice is dat u go for any available date.Abj or Lag becos time aint on ur side.but at d same time u can relax until u get d reply 2 ur mail.but i prefer d former.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by gongoaso1: 5:25pm On Jun 27, 2009
@all. longtym
watched replys float in but couldnt reply myself due to some keyboard probs, story tongue
anyways, happy for the progresses grin
so has anyone finally go to attend his/her interview? pls do share ur experience.
oga femmo, just as rashiwise said, book your thing anywhere any date you see. once you book online, you cannot book again so the lagos pple cannot allocate a date to you again.
then dont think of patronising runsmen, the US thing is harder to rig.
@smile11s, thannks for your post on the application fees thingy. thats a most tricky question . thanks to you, we now know b4 hand.
@uche m
hope u suceeded in paying your sevis. sorry i cudnt call u back as promised, your call record was overwritten on my phone.
wish u all the best.
cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (317)

Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant / Nigerians In Oslo, Norway / Travelling To Canada Part 4

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.