Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,755 members, 7,817,088 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:24 AM

Gender And Chores- Issues In Relationships And Marriages - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Gender And Chores- Issues In Relationships And Marriages (12436 Views)

Men That Do House Chores For Their Wives (Photos) / "I Am Too Beautiful To Do House Chores" - Nigerian Woman. See Reactions / Is It Right To Share House Chores Between Husband And Wife? Bamisepeters' Blog (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Go Down)

Re: Gender And Chores- Issues In Relationships And Marriages by Nobody: 9:21pm On Jun 25, 2015
BABE3:

cara delevingne. Love her.
Okay. She's kinda funny. I like her...!
Re: Gender And Chores- Issues In Relationships And Marriages by freecocoa(f): 9:26pm On Jun 25, 2015
Shollypopzz:
@Misssclassy: You are online, yet avoiding this thread like plague. Were you trolling? Do you believe in gender roles??

Freecocoa: It is reflex for me to call out people that call NL feminists fake or pseudo-feminists because most are non-feminists who are ignorant of the feminist cause. Maybe you do have a point and I need to pay close attention. BTW, the first few sentences in my 2nd post was not directed at you.
Okay, I'm trying so hard not to bother about those ones especially the men, the non feminist women are the ones that make my blood boil, I mean, how can you be against something that is actually meant to help you? I do understand the factors causing some of it but mehn! It's just really painful sha.

I do know that not all women can or should even be feminists but stop making it look like the ones that are, are evil.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gender And Chores- Issues In Relationships And Marriages by Nobody: 9:36pm On Jun 25, 2015
freecocoa:
Okay, I'm trying so hard not to bother about those ones especially the men, the non feminist women are the ones that make my blood boil, I mean, how can you be against something that is actually meant to help you? I do understand the factors causing some of it but mehn! It's just really painful sha.

I do know that not all women can or should even be feminists but stop making it look like the ones that are, are evil.

Mental bondage, my sister. They are products of their society.

2 Likes

Re: Gender And Chores- Issues In Relationships And Marriages by freecocoa(f): 9:42pm On Jun 25, 2015
Shollypopzz:

Mental bondage, my sister. They are only a product of their society.
True, still painful and annoying though.grin

1 Like

Re: Gender And Chores- Issues In Relationships And Marriages by babygirlfl: 9:45pm On Jun 25, 2015
Shollypopzz, I just love reading your posts.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gender And Chores- Issues In Relationships And Marriages by SirShymexx: 10:02pm On Jun 25, 2015
Shollypopzz:

Lol, you're a clown. grin

I see you have raised a gang of chicken heads following you around these days like handbags who have no clue whatsoever about what feminism is about, but most just jump on bandwagon to spout feminism everywhere - a disgrace to real feminists. They sound like a few naija folks I see on here who want to be gangsters (wanksters) but they don't know what being from the hood is like; standing on the block is like; moving food is like; running from the feds is like; banging is like etc.. they just watch a few movies and listen to rap music, and feel they're about that life.

Real feminists and empowered women are out there in the corporate world, earning all kinds of degrees/qualifications, and competing with men, and breaking new grounds - at the top of the chain. That's where the competition is, and where they're enforcing their will, while showing that women have arrived. And majority of them are great mothers and wives. Not a bunch of jobless women with low paying basic jobs dominated by women and young girls in backwater Universities, who can't survive without men and their parents - disturbing everyone on cyberspace about an ideology none of them understand (I'll give you a pass cos you've improved a tad bit over the years).

Don't lead these folks astray before some of them get battered by folks they depend on for survival. grin

Anyway, a great wife/mother must know how to cook and cook at all times, period. That's non-negotiable- if she thinks that's too much for her, she might as well go live with her parents and stay away from either marriage or having kids. cool

6 Likes

Re: Gender And Chores- Issues In Relationships And Marriages by Nobody: 10:17pm On Jun 25, 2015
babygirlfl:
Shollypopzz, I just love reading your posts.

aww, thanks. I love reading yours too; I can only hope to be as calm as you are one day. It's a work in progress embarassed

2 Likes

Re: Gender And Chores- Issues In Relationships And Marriages by freecocoa(f): 10:23pm On Jun 25, 2015
Shollypopzz:

aww, thanks. I love reading yours too; I can only hope to be as calm as you are one day. It's a work in progress embarassed
Can you recommend any really interesting TV series? Please.

All my shows are not back on and I really need to do some downloading, too much MB things.cheesy
Re: Gender And Chores- Issues In Relationships And Marriages by Nobody: 10:26pm On Jun 25, 2015
SirShymexx:

Lol, you're a clown. grin

I see you have raised a gang of chicken heads following you around these days like handbags who have no clue whatsoever about what feminism is about, but most just jump on bandwagon to spout feminism everywhere - a disgrace to real feminists. They sound like a few naija folks I see on here who want to be gangsters (wanksters) but they don't know what being from the hood is like; standing on the block is like; moving food is like; running from the feds is like; banging is like etc.. they just watch a few movies and listen to rap music, and feel they're about that life.

Real feminists and empowered women are out there in the corporate world, earning all kinds of degrees/qualifications, and competing with men, and breaking new grounds - at the top of the chain. That's where the competition is, and where they're enforcing their will, while showing that women have arrived. And majority of them are great mothers and wives. Not a bunch of jobless women with low paying basic jobs dominated by women and young girls in backwater Universities, who can't survive without men and their parents - disturbing everyone on cyberspace about an ideology none of them understand (I'll give you a pass cos you've improved a tad bit over the years).

Don't lead these folks astray before some of them get battered by folks they depend on for survival. grin

Anyway, a great wife/mother must know how to cook and cook at all times, period. That's non-negotiable- if she thinks that's too much for her, she might as well go live with her parents and stay away from either marriage or having kids. cool

At times, I wonder if you forget that you are on Nairaland too and have been here longer than most.

Real anti-feminists are out there leading fortune 500 companies, starting businesses back home while providing a stress free life for their wives. Yet you are on Nairaland, trying to figure out who a real feminist is and who isn't. Do you really think any of us look to you to affirm our feminist opinions?? grin grin *dead* Badgering women on family section and little kids on romance section or fighting illiterates on politic section is your forte. You are not one to talk at all. wink
Anyway, I like that you think so highly of feminists. You see them as intelligent and strong leaders. Hopefully it encourages these teenagers to aim for the skies.

Maybe someday when you learn the simple definition of feminism, we can have a real conversation.

11 Likes

Re: Gender And Chores- Issues In Relationships And Marriages by Nobody: 10:29pm On Jun 25, 2015
freecocoa:
Can you recommend any really interesting TV series? Please.

All my shows are not back on and I really need to do some downloading, too much MB things.cheesy

You have come to the right place. grin grin grin *Flexes muscles* Are you a drama, thriller, horror, crime, sci-fi or comedy kinda girl??

BTW, Suits is back. Do you know??
Re: Gender And Chores- Issues In Relationships And Marriages by babygirlfl: 10:35pm On Jun 25, 2015
Shollypopzz:

Thanks. You are cool just the way you are.

4 Likes

Re: Gender And Chores- Issues In Relationships And Marriages by freecocoa(f): 10:39pm On Jun 25, 2015
Shollypopzz:

You have come to the right place. grin grin grin *Flexes muscles* Are you a drama, thriller, horror, crime, sci-fi or comedy kinda girl??

BTW, Suits is back. Do you know??
I do all besides horror(i need to yearn for it before I can do it).

I'm more of a comedy/romance kinda girl though, closely followed by crime, sci-fi and thriller, drama, don't they all have drama?grin

I already downloaded new episode of suits.
Re: Gender And Chores- Issues In Relationships And Marriages by nltrue: 10:39pm On Jun 25, 2015
ahahahaha

chicken heads following you around these days like handbags who have no clue whatsoever about what feminism is about, but most just jump on bandwagon to spout feminism everywhere - a disgrace to real feminists.

Imagine all these angry and frustrated women,anytime a woman state her opinion,they show up like useless flies around poo.
Please continue giving them headache,now we see who is mad and angry here,id.iot! cool
Who do you think you are?who are you to dictate what should be said or not?feminist my foot!Go and practice it in your houses and let people be.Jumping from threads to threads,to cuss anyone who does not agree with y'all bunch of lousy,ignorant,pretenders cunts.
Go dictate your sisters and bitter mothers who poison your minds because they chose to live in abusive relationship.
Even those who are not married,claiming married,LMAO and they are here midnight till morning yes YOU,babygirl.
What about this frustrated single girl,no man come for you yet? grin grin
Hungry women always throwing their frustrations to women who have it good,they don't care about your feminism,they don't want to care and they don't need you to help them,go help your relatives in the village

2 Likes

Re: Gender And Chores- Issues In Relationships And Marriages by oloyede252(m): 10:49pm On Jun 25, 2015
Shollypopzz:

Mental bondage, my sister. They are products of their society.
Do you actually believe in #chore equality considering the fact that The risk of divorce is lowest when the husband does 40 percent of the housework/chores and the wife earns 40 percent of the income.
Re: Gender And Chores- Issues In Relationships And Marriages by SirShymexx: 10:50pm On Jun 25, 2015
Shollypopzz:

At times, I wonder if you forget that you are on Nairaland too and have been here longer than most.

Real anti-feminists are out there leading fortune 500 companies, starting businesses back home while providing a stress free life for their wives. Yet you are on Nairaland, trying to figure out who a real feminist is and who isn't. Do you really think any of us look to you to affirm our feminist opinions?? grin grin *dead* Badgering women on family section and little kids on romance section or fighting illiterates on politic section is your forte. You are not one to talk at all. wink
Anyway, I like that you think so highly of feminists. You see them as intelligent and strong leaders. Hopefully it encourages these teenagers to aim for the skies.

Maybe when you learn the simple definition of feminism, we can have a real conversation.

Lol. Longer than most? I'm only three years deep, when I become longer than most - I'd retire and call it a day. grin You were on NL before me, isn't it? Just cos I keep remixing my handles, and folks keep switching handles, that doesn't mean I've been here longer than most.

Well, in the most humble way ever...I know I've got more qualifications than the overwhelming majority of folks on this forum and I work in a place where they won't even get a sniff. And where's home? My home is somewhere in South London, and I've got a few things I run with a bunch of friends AT HOME that's picking up slowly but surely - so I'm in a good space.

Do you see me on ya feminist threads? I don't give two fvcks about harebrained folks who talk about what they know nothing about. If I want to discuss feminism and its impact, I'll discuss it with highly cerebral and high flying women who have a clue and can't discern that everything isn't black and white, and there's always a grey area. So compromise is a necessity, regardless of ya outlook to life.

The thread is about "gender and chores" - discuss the topic without the need of spamming feminism/feminist everywhere. You lot just veered off after the first few posts. Stop turning every thread into that nonsense, no one cares.

Or perhaps, you should learn the history of feminism and get a broader scope of it, like I advised you to do the last time when you were all over the place. Maybe then we chat, so I gauge your progression and see if you're on the level I want you to be. Err, do you still believe you can be black and not be a black feminist? grin

2 Likes

Re: Gender And Chores- Issues In Relationships And Marriages by Nobody: 10:51pm On Jun 25, 2015
freecocoa:
I do all besides horror(i need to yearn for it before I can do it).

I'm more of a comedy/romance kinda girl though, closely followed by crime, sci-fi and thriller, drama, don't they all have drama?grin

I already downloaded new episode of suits.

Are you one of those geeks/Marvel fans?? I'll recommend Daredevil.

A lot of people have been raving about Sense-8, I am yet to figure out what the noise is about undecided You might check it out though...

You should checkout Wayward Pines. (NEW)

Since you like romance, you can check out tv-shows like The Affair, Masters of Sex and Downton Abbey.
Re: Gender And Chores- Issues In Relationships And Marriages by Nobody: 10:54pm On Jun 25, 2015
Finally, my suspicion is real. I know who owns the moniker. grin
Re: Gender And Chores- Issues In Relationships And Marriages by Nobody: 10:57pm On Jun 25, 2015
SirShymexx:

Lol. Longer than most? I'm only three years deep, when I become longer than most - I'd retire and call it a day. grin You were on NL before me, isn't it? Just cos I keep remixing my handles, and folks keep switching handles, that doesn't mean I've been here longer than most.

Well, in the most humble way ever...I know I've got more qualifications than the overwhelming majority of folks on this forum and I work in a place where they won't even get a sniff. And where's home? My home is somewhere in South London, and I've got a few things I run with a bunch of friends AT HOME that's picking up slowly but surely - so I'm in a good space.

Do you see me on ya feminist threads? I don't give two fvcks about harebrained folks who talk about what they know nothing about. If I want to discuss feminism and its impact, I'll discuss it with highly cerebral and high flying women who have a clue and can't discern that everything isn't black and white, and there's always a grey area. So compromise is a necessity, regardless of ya outlook to life.

The thread is about "gender and chores" - discuss the topic without the need of spamming feminism/feminist everywhere. You lot just veered off after the first few posts. Stop turning every thread into that nonsense, no one cares.

Or perhaps, you should learn the history of feminism and get a broader scope of it, like I advised you to do the last time when you were all over the place. Maybe then we chat, so I gauge your progression and see if you're on the level I want you to be. Err, do you still believe you can be black and not be a black feminist? grin

No, I haven't been here longer than you have. Are we really arguing about who has been here longer?? *sigh*

You know what, we will never see eye to eye so have a nice day Shy. It was good talking to you.
Re: Gender And Chores- Issues In Relationships And Marriages by nltrue: 10:58pm On Jun 25, 2015
Then will go and call the mods,when they throw the first blow.
Francisca will never learn,always in women affairs it's like in him,he lives,breaths,sleeps woman.
Denrele has nothing on you grin

2 Likes

Re: Gender And Chores- Issues In Relationships And Marriages by freecocoa(f): 11:02pm On Jun 25, 2015
Shollypopzz:

Are you one of those geeks/Marvel fans?? I'll recommend Daredevil.

A lot of people have been raving about Sense-8, I am yet to figure out what the noise is about undecided You might check it out though...

You should checkout Wayward Pines. (NEW)

You can check out oldies like The Affair, Masters of Sex and Downton Abbey. I am not really good with Romance and drama centered tv show.
Yea, I love geeky, will check it out.

Done with sense8, it's actually pretty cool, very ground breaking I must add, ones has to be patient though I almost got bored till around episode 7, got very interesting there.

Caught up with wayward pines, waiting for episode 7.

I think i'll start with masters of sex.

Insomnia does have its perks.grin

Thanks dear.
Re: Gender And Chores- Issues In Relationships And Marriages by Nobody: 11:05pm On Jun 25, 2015
FrancisTony:
Finally, my suspicion is real.
I know who owns the moniker. grin
She commented here and always acting as a saint with her real moniker.
Jobless old woman with no life outside world. Always bitter!

Her moniker starts with E*****.
You can't deny it and I have my proof. grin
Re: Gender And Chores- Issues In Relationships And Marriages by freecocoa(f): 11:06pm On Jun 25, 2015
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]
FrancisTony:
Finally, my suspicion is real.
I know who owns the moniker. grin
Which moniker? I'm in the mood for some amebo.grin
Re: Gender And Chores- Issues In Relationships And Marriages by Nobody: 11:06pm On Jun 25, 2015
oloyede252:

Do you actually believe in #chore equality considering the fact that
The risk of divorce is lowest when the husband does 40 percent of the
housework/chores and the wife earns 40 percent of the income.

That's news to me, where did you get your data from?? BTW, what do you mean by chore equality?

1 Like

Re: Gender And Chores- Issues In Relationships And Marriages by freecocoa(f): 11:09pm On Jun 25, 2015
oloyede252:

Do you actually believe in #chore equality considering the fact that
The risk of divorce is lowest when the husband does 40 percent of the
housework/chores and the wife earns 40 percent of the income.

For serious? How did you come about this?
Re: Gender And Chores- Issues In Relationships And Marriages by Nobody: 11:09pm On Jun 25, 2015
freecocoa:
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]Which moniker? I'm in the mood for some amebo.grin
1) She logged out 9.09pm.

2) She referenced babygirl's marriage on what she told me on another thread and I saw when she was viewing.

3) She was on babyosisi case when she wanted to deactivate.

Her moniker is E****. grin

2 Likes

Re: Gender And Chores- Issues In Relationships And Marriages by nltrue: 11:10pm On Jun 25, 2015
Ahahahahaha

This id,iot is something else,he has been guessing since time immemorial with proofs,naming people oh it's no longer N or a man now E.
Old woman your mother who was abandon with you in the village to live with your granma,id.iot raped by his uncle when he was supposed to be a young boy.You think other women are like your bitter mum?calling himself christian everyday,stupid christian

2 Likes

Re: Gender And Chores- Issues In Relationships And Marriages by freecocoa(f): 11:12pm On Jun 25, 2015
FrancisTony:

1) She logged out 9.09pm.

2) She referenced babygirl's marriage on what she told me on another thread and I saw when she was viewing.

3) She was on babyosisi case when she wanted to deactivate.

Her moniker is E****. grin
If you mean ewuro, just say it.grin

Ewuro you are my friend btw.
Re: Gender And Chores- Issues In Relationships And Marriages by limamintruth: 11:14pm On Jun 25, 2015
Well IMHO, home chores must neither be shared 'equally' nor restricted to a particular gender.

Hence, chores should be voluntarily carried out by the partner who has more free time in his/her hands & is not in anyway incapacitated by illhealth.

And even in instances where both spouses are home & not busy, its advisable that such chores be carried out together by them both(with the exception of cooking which is the wife's sole responsibility to do).
Re: Gender And Chores- Issues In Relationships And Marriages by Nobody: 11:15pm On Jun 25, 2015
freecocoa:
If you mean ewuro, just say it.grin

Ewuro you are my friend btw.
If she deny it, Ishilove, Lalasticlala and Obinoscopy can check her IP address. grin
Re: Gender And Chores- Issues In Relationships And Marriages by nltrue: 11:16pm On Jun 25, 2015
Go call the mods,na you go tire you hear?
talk to your aunties to stay in bed with their husbands rather than hating on women who have a good life,look at married women by 11pm they are here and they claimed having kids.ahahahahaha
francisca the bitter ever menstruating boy,don't hide behind christianity and work more on your guessing brain,go stay with real man,no woman will stay with you,you are too soft and mumu like.
That woman will run and Bleep a real man when you will find company in the hands of a man,you are out already,we know already

3 Likes

Re: Gender And Chores- Issues In Relationships And Marriages by SirShymexx: 11:18pm On Jun 25, 2015
Shollypopzz:

No, I haven't been here longer than you have. Are we really arguing about who has been here longer?? *sigh*

You know what, we will never see eye to eye so have a nice day Shy. It was good talking to you.

Lol.

You registered in 2011 - and I became active around mid 2012 (though I registered in January). So who's older on here? And don't run - you cited that and I replied. How dare you do that when there are folks who have been on here for like 10 freaking years - you made me look old on this shitty forum. grin

Nah, when you learn the history of black feminism and start telling me about the contributions of the great Angela Davis and Alice Walker, we'll start seeing eye to eye. You don't respect those who paved the way for you, my black queens - hence I'll always call you out.
Re: Gender And Chores- Issues In Relationships And Marriages by nltrue: 11:18pm On Jun 25, 2015
1oh oh he called the mods,typical! grin
Always crying blue blood.
The mods should look into this boy case,he always cries blood murder but the first to jump on threads and start throwing snides but when you attack back,he calls the mod.Always looking to be babied.
What a sisisy!

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7)

Married Men Paranoid About Undrawn Curtains And Undressed Wives / Is Your Ọmọ-ọ̀dọ̀ (House Girl) More Su Ẹ̀gbẹ̀ Than Mine? Prove It / Pls Which Area In Ibadan Has Stable And Constant Electricity?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.