Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,315 members, 7,954,268 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 03:45 PM

Gender And Chores- Issues In Relationships And Marriages - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Gender And Chores- Issues In Relationships And Marriages (12670 Views)

Men That Do House Chores For Their Wives (Photos) / "I Am Too Beautiful To Do House Chores" - Nigerian Woman. See Reactions / Is It Right To Share House Chores Between Husband And Wife? Bamisepeters' Blog (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Go Down)

Re: Gender And Chores- Issues In Relationships And Marriages by dubylhover(m): 12:18am On Jun 26, 2015
freecocoa:
You said otherwise, you actually referred to him as a woman but we forgive you.cheesy

How I know? That shouldn't be your problem now.

walayi it was an honest mistake embarassed,hw wud i do such a thing na...hes so manly..
ehen but y do feminist not consider transgenders as feminists...i only assumed from dat context that feminist sympathizers nd feminists are full time females..my thought though
Re: Gender And Chores- Issues In Relationships And Marriages by Mynd44: 12:22am On Jun 26, 2015
Re: Gender And Chores- Issues In Relationships And Marriages by SirShymexx: 12:23am On Jun 26, 2015
FrancisTony:

1.) Reason why I told Ki..moni that i'm rather a humanitarian or supporter of egalitarianism not a feminist.

2) A gay can be masculine or effeminate.
A straight can also be masculine or effeminate.
I don't see why a gay should be feminist to fight for his sexuality.
Gayism isn't a gender thing and a gay male is still enjoying the same privilege a straight male has in this sexist world that doesn't favour women.

3.) Lol? Chimamanda emasculating me/us?
Being a supporter of egalitarianism doesn't mean a woman will domineer me.
I believe that respect has to be reciprocated.
She was depressed? Why?

1). Do whatever you ever you do but don't be a feminist like the other flaming faggit.

2). Nah, once you're gay - you have negated every traditional masculinity associated with you, based on societal standards. And we've to stay within those standards.

3). She said it with her own mouth, in her own words, about her struggles with acute depression. Depression is a form of mental illness and I wouldn't take anything anyone suffering from depression has to say seriously. When you're in that space - everything would about self-pity and hopelessness.

Check these links: http://africamusiclaw.com/chimamanda-adichie-depression-copyright-infringement/
http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/chimamanda-adichie-guardian-denies-intentionally-publishing-depression-essay-without-permission-1486295
http://brittlepaper.com/2015/02/adichies-depression-struggling/

Respect being reciprocal has absolutely nothing to do with the need to make men more effeminate/emasculated and showing feminine characteristics, like her agenda.

1 Like

Re: Gender And Chores- Issues In Relationships And Marriages by freecocoa(f): 12:25am On Jun 26, 2015
dubylhover:

walayi it was an honest mistake embarassed,hw wud i do such a thing na...hes so manly..
ehen but y do feminist not consider transgenders as feminists...i only assumed from dat context that feminist sympathizers nd feminists are full time females..my thought though
Well, you should know that not only females support feminism so I believe you have your answer.
Re: Gender And Chores- Issues In Relationships And Marriages by freecocoa(f): 12:26am On Jun 26, 2015
Timboktou my niggi, how far?cheesy
Re: Gender And Chores- Issues In Relationships And Marriages by Ewuro4: 12:28am On Jun 26, 2015
FrancisTony:

1) She logged out 9.09pm.

2) She referenced babygirl's marriage on what she told me on another thread and I saw when she was viewing.

3) She was on babyosisi case when she wanted to deactivate.

Her moniker is E****. grin

Now this is getting scarier shocked shocked

Who da fouk is babygirl? I'm always on hoesisi aka First Lady's case so that's no news, I don't like her & whatever the Fûck she represents & her followers so the feeling is mutual , thank you very much undecided

Girl , stop stalking my online activities , it's obvious you're a girl with loaded butthurt from my Jidegirl war era. I must've caused you a lot of pain and heartbreak and you know I'm a lion. I don't fight unless im provoked. So, Leave me the FÛCK alone and stop stalking me. I deliberately ignore your apology post on the other thread because I know how mischievous you are and honestly , You bore me. But if you really want to fight then I'm gonna have to hit the basement & find my gloves.

To ishilove , Royalroy, Seun, Lalasticlala , mynd44, obinoscopy: I have never called , neither ran to you about about anybody except to report an offensive post directed to me. Francistony has repeatedly and deliberately provoked and insulted me on this forum and am positive you ishilove is aware of this but since you're friends I guess it doesn't matter.
This is violation of rule #2. Do the needful & that's all I'm gonna say.

I Ewuro promise to violently shake this place NEXT TIME this girl named Francistony incite any bullish reference or false information against my moniker.

THIRD TIME IS THE CHARM.

Thank you.

2 Likes

Re: Gender And Chores- Issues In Relationships And Marriages by Ewuro4: 12:30am On Jun 26, 2015
freecocoa:
If you mean ewuro, just say it.grin

Ewuro you are my friend btw.

Okay.
Re: Gender And Chores- Issues In Relationships And Marriages by Ewuro4: 12:31am On Jun 26, 2015
FrancisTony:

If she deny it, Ishilove, Lalasticlala and Obinoscopy can check her IP address. grin

Okay
Re: Gender And Chores- Issues In Relationships And Marriages by Mynd44: 12:31am On Jun 26, 2015
Ewuro4:

Now this is getting scarier shocked shocked

Who da fouk is babygirl? I'm always hoesisi aka First Lady's case so that's no news, I don't like her & whatever the Fûck she represents & her followers so the feeling is mutual , thank you very much undecided

Girl , stop stalking my online activities , it's obvious you're a girl with loaded butthurt from my Jidegirl war era. I must've caused a lot of pain and heartbreak and you know I'm a lion. I don't fight unless im provoked. So, Leave me the FÛCK alone and stop stalking me. I deliberately ignore your apology post on the other thread because I know how mischievous you are and honestly , You bore me. But if you really want to fight then I'm gonna have to hit the basement & find my gloves.

To ishilove , Royalroy, Seun, Lalasticlala , mynd44, obinoscopy: I have never called , neither ran to you about about anybody except to report an offensive post directed to me. Francistony has repeatedly and deliberately provoked and insulted me on this forum and am positive you ishilove is aware of this but since you're friends I guess it doesn't matter.
This is violation of rule #2. Do the needful & that's all I'm gonna say.

I Ewuro promise to violently shake this place NEXT TIME this girl named Francistony incite any bullish reference or false information against my moniker.

THIRD TIME IS THE CHARM.

Thank you.
Hey, why is my name in this list?

I don't roll with that crowd anymore biko
Re: Gender And Chores- Issues In Relationships And Marriages by Ewuro4: 12:32am On Jun 26, 2015
FrancisTony:

Lol

That can't be you because I know how you type.

By the way, if it's a man behind that moniker, I'll be dissapointed because the user seems jobless with peoples personal info.

I have seen you fight with your real moniker - all those NL monikers acting holy should be dreaded. grin

Okay then.

We shall see.

Moving on...
Re: Gender And Chores- Issues In Relationships And Marriages by Ewuro4: 12:33am On Jun 26, 2015
Mynd44:

Hey, why is my name in this list?

I don't roll with that crowd anymore biko

My bad buddy. No one updated me. That's how rustic I can be wink sorry again.
Re: Gender And Chores- Issues In Relationships And Marriages by SirShymexx: 12:33am On Jun 26, 2015
---
Re: Gender And Chores- Issues In Relationships And Marriages by Mynd44: 12:34am On Jun 26, 2015
Ewuro4:

My bad buddy. No one updated me. That's how rustic I can be wink sorry again.
No wahala.
Re: Gender And Chores- Issues In Relationships And Marriages by SirShymexx: 12:35am On Jun 26, 2015
---
Re: Gender And Chores- Issues In Relationships And Marriages by Mynd44: 12:40am On Jun 26, 2015
Re: Gender And Chores- Issues In Relationships And Marriages by Mynd44: 12:42am On Jun 26, 2015
Re: Gender And Chores- Issues In Relationships And Marriages by SirShymexx: 12:57am On Jun 26, 2015
---
Re: Gender And Chores- Issues In Relationships And Marriages by SirShymexx: 12:59am On Jun 26, 2015
---
Re: Gender And Chores- Issues In Relationships And Marriages by oloyede252(m): 1:00am On Jun 26, 2015
bukatyne:

Why do I feel we are not on the same page?

I believe in husbands and wives doing all chores depending on their personalities and availability.

The chores equality will not work because I might be out of town today and him unavailable tomorrow.

Chores can also not be measured.
we are on the same page..
Re: Gender And Chores- Issues In Relationships And Marriages by Mynd44: 1:01am On Jun 26, 2015
Re: Gender And Chores- Issues In Relationships And Marriages by Mynd44: 1:04am On Jun 26, 2015
Re: Gender And Chores- Issues In Relationships And Marriages by SirShymexx: 1:05am On Jun 26, 2015
---
Re: Gender And Chores- Issues In Relationships And Marriages by Mynd44: 1:07am On Jun 26, 2015
Re: Gender And Chores- Issues In Relationships And Marriages by SirShymexx: 1:08am On Jun 26, 2015
---
Re: Gender And Chores- Issues In Relationships And Marriages by Nobody: 1:10am On Jun 26, 2015
misssclassy:
First of all you should bear in mind that we live in a contemporary African society. And as such we have cultures and traditions that we live by.
As much as I would opine that a woman shouldn't be the one doing all the house chores and all that , you can't deny the fact that there are some certain things that is expected to be performed by an African wife.

You don't expect the man to be the one cooking dinner when the wife is around or the husband should be the one washing his own clothes when he has a wife.
These things are primary roles a wife is supposed to tend to.

However, this doesn't mean the husband should try to lend a hand in the chores around the house.
And some men could be so lazy and inconsiderate most times and just sit and watch as their wife does everything.

But like I stated earlier, there are primary obligations a wife should fulfill. It's has and has always been our culture and it shouldn't change.

The importation of western material especially through media is one of the major reasons why women these days are beginning to have a change of mindset, which isn't supposed to be so.
The westerners have their culture and we have ours. We shouldn't throw away ours just because we feel their's is cool.

Since when did it become the duty of a wife to wash her husband's clothes. Its a choice not a must. Did you wash your elder brother's clothes? Don't be unreasonable.
Re: Gender And Chores- Issues In Relationships And Marriages by Mynd44: 1:11am On Jun 26, 2015
Re: Gender And Chores- Issues In Relationships And Marriages by SirShymexx: 1:12am On Jun 26, 2015
---
Re: Gender And Chores- Issues In Relationships And Marriages by Mynd44: 1:15am On Jun 26, 2015
Re: Gender And Chores- Issues In Relationships And Marriages by Ewuro4: 1:17am On Jun 26, 2015
leave Amala out of yall insult jare.

And Awujale too.
Re: Gender And Chores- Issues In Relationships And Marriages by Mynd44: 1:17am On Jun 26, 2015
Re: Gender And Chores- Issues In Relationships And Marriages by Mynd44: 1:20am On Jun 26, 2015
Ewuro4:
leave Amala out of yall insult jare.

Re: Gender And Chores- Issues In Relationships And Marriages by SirShymexx: 1:21am On Jun 26, 2015
---

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7)

My Husband Is Acting Funny / What Do We Really Need Polygamy For? / Suraj "Jarus" Oyewole's Statement About Assault Charge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.