Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,583 members, 7,812,904 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:52 PM

How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary - Religion (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary (63309 Views)

Statue Of Mary 'begins Weeping Blood' At A Church In Argentina (photo) / How Jesus Christ Changed The World / MC Abbey's Act At The Experience Lagos 2016 (That Pastor Bamiloye Reacted To) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by italo: 8:30am On Jul 06, 2015
chubbyswit:
its very shameful that for someone to pretend he reads and understands the word of God when he cleary doesnt. Dude go back and study the bible deeply and ask the spirit of God to help u understand it i.e if u guys even believe in gift of the holyspirit and his powers. He that has ears let him hear

You dodged my question, Sir. You who read and understand the Bible, who study deeply with the help of the Holy Spirit, teach us:

When the early Christians argued, what did the use to settle the dispute in Acts 15? Who did the believe? The Bible or Pope Peter and Bishops James, Andrew, John etc?

Read Acts 15 before you answer. I know your pastor will not read that chapter in your congregation
Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by beautycrush24(f): 8:30am On Jul 06, 2015
chubbyswit:
catholics argue without using the bible as their standard instead they use what their so called popes and bishops ve brainwashed them over the years. Now my question is, who should you believe? The word of God which is the bible or man who is filled with sin?

And d bible was written by God? Do u have proof of that? undecided

The Bible was also written by men who have also sinned.

That being said, i say your question is very invalid tongue

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by charlsecy(m): 8:32am On Jul 06, 2015
wadoowadoo:
Catholics don't worship Mary. We only celebrate her.....
How about the "We Fly To Your Patronage" prayer's despise not our petitions in our necessities, but deliver us always from all dangers, O glorious and blessed Virgin? Can you show me how that isn't worship?

I am willing to learn?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by beautycrush24(f): 8:37am On Jul 06, 2015
Other denominations been dissing d catholic church since 150BC. Y'all shouldn't waste your time answering their questions.
If you answer them, they'll still come back here next week and ask d same questions.

Tallesty u should leave d catholic church if you dont believe its doctrines. There's no need to fool anyone. Least of all, yourself.

They condemn our honoring Mary yet they worship their pastors and they're here quoting bible passages. Its a total waste of time arguing with them.

P.S: quote me all you want, a single reply wont be forced out of me.
Peace!

3 Likes

Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by italo: 8:37am On Jul 06, 2015
chubbyswit:
i'm sure u ve not read your bible from genesis to revelation before jumping to that conclusion. The catholic who has profaned the word of God by adding and removing some contents and replacing them with lies? Bro go and do alittle research about ur church and stop being a blind worshipper. Do not be decieved for God cannot be mocked.

Tell us what the Catholic Church added, what they removed, when they did this...

And tell us the Bible that existed before they did those.

Let us see who is a blind follower.
Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by italo: 8:43am On Jul 06, 2015
charlsecy:

How about the "We Fly To Your Patronage" prayer's despise not our petitions in our necessities, but deliver us always from all dangers, O glorious and blessed Virgin? Can you show me how that isn't worship?

I am willing to learn?

When you fly to your pastor's patronage and he delivers you from danger, (by praying for you), are you worshiping him?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by Nobody: 8:59am On Jul 06, 2015
They go to their pastors day in day out for "deliverance" but when we pray to the blessed mother of God for the same "deliverance" it becomes an issue to them. This is the one woman that the bible said that "ALL GENERATIONS SHALL CALL HER BLESSED"! Anyone remember the wedding at Canaan when she interceded? even though Jesus said it was not yet time but he still performed the miracle.
yet people that call themselves Christians feel that the words of their pastors has more authority than the word of God?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by AngelJennifer: 9:11am On Jul 06, 2015
witnezHD:
idol worshippers *^▁^*
pastor worshippers

4 Likes

Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by 0micheal735: 9:53am On Jul 06, 2015
At the Annunciation, Mary identifies herself simply and profoundly as the Handmaid of the Lord. She has no other aim in life but to live according to God’s will. Here in the Magnificat she explains in joy and song the same theme: she is totally wrapped up in God.

3 Likes

Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by xplicity1(m): 10:13am On Jul 06, 2015
Tallesty1:
This short prayer says otherwise.

We fly to thy patronage, O holy Mother of God; despise not our petitions in our necessities, but deliver us always from all dangers, O glorious and blessed Virgin. Amen.

I wonder who gave her such power.
Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by MilesMolesey: 10:43am On Jul 06, 2015
Tallesty1 and his "others", I don't know what you people gain in putting God's mother in that position of a mere woman.

3 Likes

Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by DennisEche(m): 10:46am On Jul 06, 2015
bamuffy:

He even said in mattew that 'I can of myself do nothing,as i hear i judge and the judgement of God is true' so stop wasting ur worldly time by worshiping Jesus and his mother mary. None of them can save u!
i reserve my coment till i know religion
Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by DennisEche(m): 10:46am On Jul 06, 2015
bamuffy:

He even said in mattew that 'I can of myself do nothing,as i hear i judge and the judgement of God is true' so stop wasting ur worldly time by worshiping Jesus and his mother mary. None of them can save u!
i reserve my coment till i know your religion
Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by Maryalex1805(f): 10:49am On Jul 06, 2015
witnezHD:
Catholics be kneeling in front of that stripper,ho dick sucker stature and be asking for blessing .....that bullshit....y'all can keep worshiping your fake I idol
Dahs blasphemy...mind wah u say
Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by Akpurokwe: 10:58am On Jul 06, 2015
An2elect2:
Catholics worship a certain Mary not the Mary of the bible of course because if she were here she will rebuke them totally.

When i was a catholic, a priest tried explaining that passage to mean some kind of special blessing accrued to Mary. And He said something like "blessed are those who hear the word and keep it LIKE MARY"
I almost believed Him but i knew something was wrong with his interpretation. Jesus didn't say LIKE MARY. Where did he get that from? i thought! And how Jesus swiftly responded to the woman's words, bothered me,but all these things did not deter me from continuing with catholicism until God opened my eyes and pulled me out...I prolly would have still been a catholic.
between mary mother jesus and the wife of your general overseer who do you respect or honour most?

1 Like

Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by 0micheal735: 10:59am On Jul 06, 2015
Honour is been given to our mother mary....*s the mother of our Lord Jesus Christ who came into the world to die for our sins.....she is just a shot cut to the Father in Heaven......
Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by Jayten(m): 11:02am On Jul 06, 2015
Who do u think u are to judge another person's faith or belief. Worship God the way u want or worship Mary if u choose to,one thing for sure on d judgement day all man to himself. I truly don't believe in church doctrines of bn a christian or theological teachings of christianity, I believe and follow one principle which is the teachings of THE HOLY BIBLE "NEW TESTAMENT"to be precise,tho u have to read the old testament to understand the teachings of the new,I try as much as I can to follow the laws,tho I'm a sinner but that is no excuse to continue in sinning.You all are guilty of judging one anoda,leave that to God and that person's conscience. So u can worship or believe wat u want,God is the one to judge. #Youcanhate if u want to

2 Likes

Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by 0micheal735: 11:03am On Jul 06, 2015
MilesMolesey:
Tallesty1 and his "others", I don't know what you people gain in putting God's mother in that position of a mere woman.

Why do we call the name of the Holy Spirit when praying
Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by manchester1: 11:52am On Jul 06, 2015
Ichiato:
Alive in heaven.
I hope she is still a virgin
Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by Nobody: 12:30pm On Jul 06, 2015
manchester1:

I hope she is still a virgin
Well last time I checked no one has even claimed to break her hymen so?
Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by Alexmoses007: 1:18pm On Jul 06, 2015
chubbyswit:
answer this question before i answer yours, what did God do when he discovered that the israelites made for themselves a golden calf which in their mind they thought represented God? God is a spirit and we must worship him in spirit and in truth not look for him in graven idols. He cant speak to u tru an idol its only satan and his demons can.

Thanks you have made my work easier.

You definitely would not equate the golden calf with Ark of the Covenant (but kindly let me know if you do) neither would the Isrealites equate the Ark with God (but that did not mean they did not venerate it). If you understand these differences then you understand the veneration given to sacred images inthe Catholic Church

2 Likes

Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by VcStunner(m): 1:46pm On Jul 06, 2015
BERNIMOORE:
its easy to see that catholic practices and beliefs contradicts the sacred scriptural teachings; can you explain these below? ( 1) The Glories of Mary by Alphonsus de Liguori explicitly mentions Marian worship in the fifth stanza of the hymn, “Mary, Virgin of Virgins” (page 589).

“[size=14pt]Queen thou art, whom all things worship,
Earth and hell, and heaven above;[/size]
But thy heart o'erflows with goodness,
Just and sinners feel thy love.”
http://willingshepherds.org/Aspirations%20to%20Mary.htm

2) or the pope who prostrate to man made shrine in self deceit and pure disobedience to Gods command of idol worship......Pope John Paul made more than 40 pilgrimages to her shrines at Lourdes and Fatima.

He wrote in his Apostolic Letter of Oct. 16, 2002, the following words:

[size=14pt]“I entrust this Apostolic Letter to the loving hands of the Virgin Mary, prostrating myself in spirit before her image in the splendid Shrine built for her by Blessed Bartolo Longo, the apostle of the Rosary.”[/size]
I have already made my point.... I A̶̲̥̅♏ a catholic but I do have issues with certain practices just as other learneths who hav refused to worship in ya church may also have an issue with her doctrines. We all wanna get to the father right and Jesus said no one does dat except through him.. Its just dat simple. Believe in Christ and u ar safe dats it

1 Like

Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by Nobody: 2:39pm On Jul 06, 2015
VcStunner:
I have already made my point.... I A̶̲̥̅♏ a catholic but I do have issues with certain practices just as other learneths who hav refused to worship in ya church may also have an issue with her doctrines. We all wanna get to the father right and Jesus said no one does dat except through him.. Its just dat simple. Believe in Christ and u ar safe dats it
Bro, what exactly makes you a Catholic? Can I boldly claim to be a Christian andvyet have issues with certain practices of christ? Is not enough to label yourself a Catholic to actually be one. You have be in line with her practices.

2 Likes

Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by honourhim: 2:55pm On Jul 06, 2015
swtgrl4eva:
They go to their pastors day in day out for "deliverance" but when we pray to the blessed mother of God for the same "deliverance" it becomes an issue to them. This is the one woman that the bible said that "ALL GENERATIONS SHALL CALL HER BLESSED"! Anyone remember the wedding at Canaan when she interceded? even though Jesus said it was not yet time but he still performed the miracle.
yet people that call themselves Christians feel that the words of their pastors has more authority than the word of God?

You are not praying to the mother of Jesus because she is dead and her body and bone decayed like any other person that died in her time. She is not hearing you. Obviosly you are praying to silly Mary, a mermaid.

Again Jesus did not ever say that he turned water into wine because of Mary. And if you think that Mary's case was the only miracle that Jesus had reason not to do but went on to do it then means u are deceiving yourself. Rrmember the woman of Canaan whom Jesus told that it is not okay to give the children's food to dogs? Was she the mother of Jesus? Yet Jesus answered her request afterwards.
What moved Jesus to turn water into wine was Mary's faith. It was the same faith that moved him in the case of the woman of Canaan and in the cases of all the people he healed and he is still healing. Dont be deceived.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by Tallesty1(m): 3:07pm On Jul 06, 2015
MilesMolesey:
I didn't say she's a mere woman.

My point is that she's not God and should not be worshiped

1 Like

Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by MizMyColi(f): 3:09pm On Jul 06, 2015
cheesy
Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by Syncan(m): 3:14pm On Jul 06, 2015
VcStunner:

Pay no heed to him. He should go and find the use of "worship" at the time of Alphonsus de ligouri. Better still he should find out how many places worship is divided into. In British English, even in the derivation of the English word “worship” we see that it was not exclusively used of God or Jesus, but was used to designate someone worth the respect they received. In the bible, the word shachah in hebrew or "proskuneo" means "to kiss the hand, bow down before, show obeisance, to worship." You can Imagine how many times it appeared in the bible, but each time it carries a different meaning, depending on who it is given to.

Few Examples.

Genesis 23:7 Then Abraham rose and bowed down [shachah] before the people of the land, the Hittites.
Genesis 33:3He himself [Jacob] went on ahead and bowed down [shachah] to the ground seven times as he approached his brother.
Matthew 18:26The servant fell on his knees [proskuneo] before him. ‘Be patient with me,’ he begged, ‘and I will pay back everything.’

Yet God said:

Exodus.23:24 Thou shalt not bow down [shachah]to their gods, nor serve them,

Even the prophet Nathan went before the king and worshiped him, yet no one accuses him of Idolatory, why, because they know he does not mean to give him what is due God.

1 Kings 1:23 And they told the king, “Nathan the prophet is here.” So he went before the king and bowed [shachah] with his face to the ground.

It is only our English bible translation that now uses bow down, bend knees, pay obeisance etc, just to distinguish the worship due God. Yet each had appeared in same words in Hebrew. Alphonsus did not write in English, and the translators acted in line with the English of the time. Alphonsus never gave Mary the worship due to God, and Catholics don't too. Yet when they see "worship", like in that poem, they go up in arms.

Take note.

"Then Joshua tore his clothes and fell face down (prostrate) to the ground before the ark of the LORD" Joshua 7:6. Shebi Joshua has worshiped the ark too. SMH.

3 Likes

Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by apogeez(m): 3:36pm On Jul 06, 2015
nicepick02:
catholics worships semiramis,an ancient moon goddess,d mother and d wife of nimrod,d sun god,d founder of ancient babylon. dis old practice was infiltrated into the christian church during the 4th century and semiramis became mary,d mother of d sun god
dey gave birth a son and they named him tummuz,which is now jesus
the catholic church is an evil church
to know more about dem please contact me at
i am willing to share d gospel to you
we need jesus and him alone and nobody else
prince4real16@gmail.com
pls dnt talk curse into ur life mind just concetret on ur pastor world. I cn't even remember wen the catholic pleadin 4 member and wot ur doing nw with that email is convice ur fruld
Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by charlsecy(m): 3:40pm On Jul 06, 2015
italo:
When you fly to your pastor's patronage and he delivers you from danger, (by praying for you), are you worshiping him?

The pastor cannot deliver you; he can only pray for your protection in the Name of Jesus Christ. And you should never say, for example, "O' Pastor James, deliver me from all dangers." That is idolatry!

Note that the "We Fly To Your Patronage" prayer doesn't ask Mary to pray to Jesus to protect you. Instead, it plainly asks Mary for protection. Again. The prayer doesn't ask Mary to intercede for your protection. Rather, it directly beseeches Mary for protection, which in my understanding, constitutes worship, NOT intercession.

We pray to an entity we worship. The purpose of prayers is to commune with our creator. The content may be:

*Praise and Thanksgiving
*Request for forgiveness
*Request for protection
*Request for any other noble heart desires

Can you show how the "We Fly To Your Patronage" prayer isn't a sort of worship?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by Rich4god(m): 3:45pm On Jul 06, 2015
I still stand that all those claiming that they are former Catholics and yet still accuse catholic of worshipping Mary are deliberately lying... Tallesty1 take note.... We all know the reverence we give to Christ can not be "equated" to the one we give to Mary... So where did they get their proof that we worship Mary.... Even by the way the church handles the blessed sacrament as compared to the statue of Mary and other siants shld gv one an indication of the big difference between the worship we give to Christ and honor that we give to Mary... Yet the won't see that only to come here to claim rubbish...

2 Likes

Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by charlsecy(m): 3:48pm On Jul 06, 2015
Rich4god:
...We all know the reverence we give to Christ can not be "equated" to the one we give to Mary...
Note that the "We Fly To Your Patronage" prayer doesn't ask Mary to pray to Jesus to protect you. Instead, it plainly asks Mary for protection. Again. The prayer doesn't ask Mary to intercede for your protection. Rather, it directly beseeches Mary for protection, which in my understanding, constitutes worship, NOT intercession.

1 Like

Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by nurusystem(m): 4:11pm On Jul 06, 2015
Alexmoses007:

Mr man have some respect this not an Islamic thread
respect u infidel u are not seriousmen

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (Reply)

RCCG Bans Long Beard At Weddings (Beard Gang Grooms And Groomsmen) / Girmache Shrine, In Kebbi Where Crocodiles Reside & Sacrifices Are Made (Photos) / Marriage Conditions For RCCG Members, House Of David

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.