Stats: 3,150,716 members, 7,809,708 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:40 PM

On Buhari/Osinbajo Public Asset Declaration: The "30 Days" Verification Is Over - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / On Buhari/Osinbajo Public Asset Declaration: The "30 Days" Verification Is Over (24643 Views)

Nigerians React After CCT Clears Saraki Of False Asset Declaration Charges / Kaduna 2017 Declaration)the Drug That Cure Biafra Madness In 24hrs / PMB Vs GEJ Public Asset Declaration At A Glance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

On Buhari/Osinbajo Public Asset Declaration: The "30 Days" Verification Is Over by Nobody: 8:32pm On Jun 28, 2015
The Genesis
During the campaign period President Muhammadu Buhari and his Vice Yemi Osinbajo pledged to publicly declare their assets in line with their "transparent" leadership. On the eve of Buhari/Osinbajo inauguration (May 28, 2015), President Buhari and Osinbajo filed their secret asset declaration with Code of Conduct Bureau(CCB) in line with the constitutional provisions. Two days later, Nigerians were however shocked when Buhari's spokesman Alhaji Shehu Garba on air to tell the public that by "declaring with CCB, Muhammadu Buhari and Yemi Osinbajo had fulfilled one of their pledge".

Majority of the population couldn't take such because we are well aware of the difference between secret and public asset declarations. We demanded to see the asset of the President, his Vice and their spouses (similar to what late President Yar'adua did).

The CCB 30 Days Verification Timeline
Rather than publicly show Nigerians the asset, Buhari's spokesman Alhaji Shehu Garba came out on June 6, 2015 to tell Nigerians to wait after CCB mandatory verification even when the CCB has no business with public asset declaration. In his own word...
“While such public display of concern is appreciated and valued, it must be said that it is a little precipitate. As required by law, the declaration and submission of documents to the CCB have been made, but there still remains the aspect of verification which the Bureau will have to conduct to authenticate the submissions made to it.
“In the circumstances, it is only after this verification exercise, and not before, that the declaration can be said to have been made and validated; and only after this, will the details be released to the public.”
www.punchng.com/news/why-buhari-osinbajo-didnt-declare-assets-publicly-aide/
Some other APC sympathisers like Dr Peregrino Brimah and some SaiBuhari chanters re-echoed the 30 days verification period. In fact, they reminded us that late President Yar'adua published his asset on Jun 28, 2007 (30 Days after his declaration with CCB).
Though Nigerians know that the 30-Day period was only to buy time, nevertheless we gave them the time.

30-Day Verification Elapsed, Where Are The Assets?
Today 28, June 2015 makes it 31 Days after Buhari and Osinbajo filed their asset declaration before CCB. The 30-Day verification period has elapsed.

Where are the assets of President Muhammadu Buhari, VP Yemi Osinbajo and their Spouses?

152 Likes 29 Shares

Re: On Buhari/Osinbajo Public Asset Declaration: The "30 Days" Verification Is Over by Nobody: 8:33pm On Jun 28, 2015
Cc: Whynotthetruth Truckpusher Temitemi1 Dearpreye Phockphockman Tomakint Mogidi IsraeliAirforce Altwireless Komek Toharqa Hush15 Francizy Agabai23 Scholes007

Lalasticlala and Ishilove

25 Likes 5 Shares

Re: On Buhari/Osinbajo Public Asset Declaration: The "30 Days" Verification Is Over by Nobody: 8:33pm On Jun 28, 2015
I'm sure they will soon do the needful..no need to start whining

8 Likes 3 Shares

Okay
Re: On Buhari/Osinbajo Public Asset Declaration: The "30 Days" Verification Is Over by MizMyColi(f): 8:34pm On Jun 28, 2015

Re: On Buhari/Osinbajo Public Asset Declaration: The "30 Days" Verification Is Over by Nobody: 8:36pm On Jun 28, 2015

Re: On Buhari/Osinbajo Public Asset Declaration: The "30 Days" Verification Is Over by LOC1(m): 8:37pm On Jun 28, 2015
Hmmm!
If you ask me, na who I go ask

Re: On Buhari/Osinbajo Public Asset Declaration: The "30 Days" Verification Is Over by babakol(m): 8:38pm On Jun 28, 2015
undecidedAsk Google bro....... But seriously it's taking too long

Re: On Buhari/Osinbajo Public Asset Declaration: The "30 Days" Verification Is Over by Nobody: 8:41pm On Jun 28, 2015
babakol:
Ask Google bro
nice one

Re: On Buhari/Osinbajo Public Asset Declaration: The "30 Days" Verification Is Over by drkay(m): 8:41pm On Jun 28, 2015
This isn't a big deal. I blv those in charge will do the needful.
Re: On Buhari/Osinbajo Public Asset Declaration: The "30 Days" Verification Is Over by poiZon: 8:42pm On Jun 28, 2015
assets too plenty, it will take another 3yrs or more for ccb to verify those assets. for the mean time nigerians i present to u once more BABA ONE CHANCE! AKA DOGO YARO! AKA Daura President! AKA OLD WINE! AKA WEST GERMANY PIKIN! AKA CERTIFICATELESS GEN ERAL!

70 Likes 5 Shares

Re: On Buhari/Osinbajo Public Asset Declaration: The "30 Days" Verification Is Over by g4everybody(m): 8:43pm On Jun 28, 2015

Re: On Buhari/Osinbajo Public Asset Declaration: The "30 Days" Verification Is Over by saintopus(m): 8:43pm On Jun 28, 2015
The saibaba group will say "give us more time, after all GEJ didn't declare his. "

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: On Buhari/Osinbajo Public Asset Declaration: The "30 Days" Verification Is Over by Nobody: 8:44pm On Jun 28, 2015
drkay:
This isn't a big deal. I blv those in charge will do the needful.
Those in charge? Who are those? Are you aware that the CCB is forbidden from publishing asset of public officers www.naijarchives.com/we-cannot-publish-buhari-osinbajos-assets-says-code-of-conduct-bureau/

24 Likes 5 Shares

Re: On Buhari/Osinbajo Public Asset Declaration: The "30 Days" Verification Is Over by sigidporte(m): 8:47pm On Jun 28, 2015
Just like we waited for that certificate, this one is going down the drain with it.

We have been scamed big time

103 Likes 11 Shares

Re: On Buhari/Osinbajo Public Asset Declaration: The "30 Days" Verification Is Over by LouisVanGaal(m): 8:49pm On Jun 28, 2015
Trying to redeem his battered image before his goons!!! Smellos...first 100 days was the statement; dont be too clever by a half Oga..

36 Likes 4 Shares

Re: On Buhari/Osinbajo Public Asset Declaration: The "30 Days" Verification Is Over by biafrasun: 8:49pm On Jun 28, 2015
saibaba President Buhari

Re: On Buhari/Osinbajo Public Asset Declaration: The "30 Days" Verification Is Over by Nobody: 8:50pm On Jun 28, 2015
poiZon:
assets too plenty, it will take another 3yrs or more for ccb to verify those assets. for the mean time nigerians i present to u once more BABA ONE CHANCE! AKA DOGO YARO! AKA Daura President! AKA OLD WINE! AKA WEST GERMANY PIKIN! AKA CERTIFICATELESS GEN ERAL!
Uncle, we will not give him that luxury na. He has to publish his asset so that Nigerians will know his worth.

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: On Buhari/Osinbajo Public Asset Declaration: The "30 Days" Verification Is Over by poiZon: 8:51pm On Jun 28, 2015
barcanista:
Uncle, we will not give him that luxury na. He has to publish his asset so that Nigerians will know his worth.

THEN we need to hit every social media outlets to show our needs!

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: On Buhari/Osinbajo Public Asset Declaration: The "30 Days" Verification Is Over by Rapmoney(m): 8:52pm On Jun 28, 2015
I dey Warri dey watch grin

Re: On Buhari/Osinbajo Public Asset Declaration: The "30 Days" Verification Is Over by joseph1832(m): 8:57pm On Jun 28, 2015
I believe Patrick Obahiagbon wasn't really lying when he labeled people like you "political ventriloquist". grin

So in the words of Patrick Obahiagbon: Soferee soferee catchey monkee" tongue

I believe you forget "patience is a virtue" barcanista, so be patience, if you can wait for whatever amount of years before GEJ made his assets public, I see no reason why you can't wait for this amount of days before PMB make his assets public. cheesy

26 Likes 4 Shares

Re: On Buhari/Osinbajo Public Asset Declaration: The "30 Days" Verification Is Over by xcolanto(m): 8:59pm On Jun 28, 2015
@op you are on a long thing if you think Mr "intergrity" and kwrupshion crusader would do the needful as promised during their thirst for power garbing at all means unethical and unheard off. The "i will declare my assets publicly" was nothing short of a charade! a sham! and the highest level of deceit from this present administration to mention the least. The Nigerian politician takes the common man on the street as a fool and one with short term memory at best, hence why they make promises knowing the people are quick to forget as the days go by. however, i applaud your courage and ability to keep track and remind the Nigerian people of their right to hold public officers to their words and promises. Indeed 30 days have past and everyone seems to have forgotten that we need to know the worth of him who so proclaims to be incorruptible, a saint and the messiah of the people who were once under his dictatorial regime, the one who was rejected 3 times before he assumed power through the highest level of election irregularities and fraud in the history of Nigeria, no thanks to JEGA but much thanks to GEJ who saw that power wasn't worth the blood of his people, else this country would probably have seized to be one.

On this note @op i joined my voice to ask mr "intergrity" what is the worth of you, your family and that of your V.P and his family we the nigerian people need an answer as was promised in your quest for power at all cost. angry

59 Likes 6 Shares

Re: On Buhari/Osinbajo Public Asset Declaration: The "30 Days" Verification Is Over by Kenai: 8:59pm On Jun 28, 2015
Please, have some patience.
Buhari's assets list has been published, but they are with the military. But in place of that, an affidavit has been sworn by our great leader, Buhari, at a high court presided over by one Justice Osunbade.
The said affidavit is with his Igbo son-in-law in West Germany.

Chai Buhari.

58 Likes 3 Shares

Re: On Buhari/Osinbajo Public Asset Declaration: The "30 Days" Verification Is Over by temitemi1(m): 9:05pm On Jun 28, 2015
What is plenty abt his 250 cows, one house in daura, 1.5m in his bank acc n his recent added HELIPAD @ daura grin grin grin... Buhari is nothing but an undiluted scammer!
poiZon:

39 Likes

Re: On Buhari/Osinbajo Public Asset Declaration: The "30 Days" Verification Is Over by Decale: 9:06pm On Jun 28, 2015
This guy actually set a reminder to create a thread after the 30 day CCB verification. Lmao grin grin

Please set another one for 100 days, the time Buhari said he'd make it public

Mumu.....

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: On Buhari/Osinbajo Public Asset Declaration: The "30 Days" Verification Is Over by joseph1832(m): 9:07pm On Jun 28, 2015
temitemi1:
What is plenty abt his 250 cows, one house in daura, 1.5m in his bank acc n his recent added HELIPAD @ daura grin grin grin... Buhari is nothing but an undiluted scammer!
He's no better a scammer than your hero GEJ!.

GEJ till 2015!!!. tongue

Re: On Buhari/Osinbajo Public Asset Declaration: The "30 Days" Verification Is Over by agabaI23(m): 9:07pm On Jun 28, 2015
barcanista:
The Genesis
During the campaign period President Muhammadu Buhari and his Vice Yemi Osinbajo pledged to publicly declare their assets in line with their "transparent" leadership. On the eve of Buhari/Osinbajo inauguration (May 28, 2015), President Buhari and Osinbajo filed their secret asset declaration with Code of Conduct Bureau(CCB) in line with the constitutional provisions. Two days later, Nigerians were however shocked when Buhari's spokesman Alhaji Shehu Garba on air to tell the public that by "declaring with CCB, Muhammadu Buhari and Yemi Osinbajo had fulfilled one of their pledge".

Majority of the population couldn't take such because we are well aware of the difference between secret and public asset declarations. We demanded to see the asset of the President, his Vice and their spouses (similar to what late President Yar'adua did).

The CCB 30 Days Verification Timeline
Rather than publicly show Nigerians the asset, Buhari's spokesman Alhaji Shehu Garba came out on June 6, 2015 to tell Nigerians to wait after CCB mandatory verification even when the CCB has no business with public asset declaration. In his own word...

Some other APC sympathisers like Dr Peregrino Brimah and some SaiBuhari chanters re-echoed the 30 days verification period. In fact, they reminded us that late President Yar'adua published his asset on Jun 28, 2007 (30 Days after his declaration with CCB).
Though Nigerians know that the 30-Day period was only to buy time, nevertheless we gave them the time.

30-Day Verification Elapsed, Where Are The Assets?
Today 28, June 2015 makes it 31 Days after Buhari and Osinbajo filed their asset declaration before CCB. The 30-Day verification period has elapsed.

Where are the assets of President Muhammadu Buhari, VP Yemi Osinbajo and their Spouses?
We are waiting for the assets to be declared otherwise it will reinforce the fact that he is #babaonechance

26 Likes 5 Shares

Re: On Buhari/Osinbajo Public Asset Declaration: The "30 Days" Verification Is Over by buskie13(m): 9:10pm On Jun 28, 2015
pls let's allow him add the Helipad to his assets b4 declaration...you know he's poor n has less than a million naira in his account n 150 cows...let's just wait a lil for ↓↓↓↓↓↓

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . TD President Buhari

Re: On Buhari/Osinbajo Public Asset Declaration: The "30 Days" Verification Is Over by Mogidi: 9:13pm On Jun 28, 2015
joseph1832:
He's no better a scammer than your hero GEJ!.

GEJ till 2015!!!. tongue

So you voted a scammer?

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: On Buhari/Osinbajo Public Asset Declaration: The "30 Days" Verification Is Over by Mogidi: 9:16pm On Jun 28, 2015
joseph1832:
I believe Patrick Obahiagbon wasn't really lying when he labeled people like you "political ventriloquist". grin

So in the words of Patrick Obahiagbon: Soferee soferee catchey monkee" tongue

I believe you forget "patience is a virtue" barcanista, so be patience, if you can wait for whatever amount of years before GEJ made his assets public, I see no reason why you can't wait for this amount of days before PMB make his assets public. cheesy

Leave GEJ out of this, we're holding Buhari to his promise.

38 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

#budgetofcorruption Trending On Twitter (Nigerians Reacts) / Ephraim Inyang's House On Fire On Christmas Day. Photos / Buhari Meets Ortom In Aso Rock