Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,513 members, 7,819,857 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:34 AM

On Buhari/Osinbajo Public Asset Declaration: The "30 Days" Verification Is Over - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / On Buhari/Osinbajo Public Asset Declaration: The "30 Days" Verification Is Over (24695 Views)

Nigerians React After CCT Clears Saraki Of False Asset Declaration Charges / Kaduna 2017 Declaration)the Drug That Cure Biafra Madness In 24hrs / PMB Vs GEJ Public Asset Declaration At A Glance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: On Buhari/Osinbajo Public Asset Declaration: The "30 Days" Verification Is Over by Nobody: 10:50pm On Jul 01, 2015
Mercie97:
I'm sure they will soon do the needful..no need to start whining

Sai Dullard.

4 Likes

Re: On Buhari/Osinbajo Public Asset Declaration: The "30 Days" Verification Is Over by mistabiola: 10:51pm On Jul 01, 2015
lastpage:

Dont close Case, let them be whining and moaning for the next 4yrs, that is their lot in life! grin grin

PMB, carry go joor!
tongue tongue

Lastpage!

cheesy cheesy wicked

2 Likes

Re: On Buhari/Osinbajo Public Asset Declaration: The "30 Days" Verification Is Over by guardsman: 10:57pm On Jul 01, 2015
lastpage:

Dont close Case, let them be whining and moaning for the next 4yrs, that is their lot in life! grin grin

PMB, carry go joor!
tongue tongue

Lastpage!

No surprises wit dis hypocritical TANoids. When asked to publicly declare his assets, GEJ d kleptomaniac said famously on national tv - "I don't give a damn".

2 Likes

Re: On Buhari/Osinbajo Public Asset Declaration: The "30 Days" Verification Is Over by biafranqueen: 10:59pm On Jul 01, 2015
guardsman:

No surprises wit dis hypocritical TANoids. When asked to publicly declare his assets, GEJ d kleptomaniac said famously on national tv - "I don't give a damn".
So that's why you people voted for change isn't it?

2 Likes

Re: On Buhari/Osinbajo Public Asset Declaration: The "30 Days" Verification Is Over by bakila: 11:06pm On Jul 01, 2015
rusher14:

To the issue of declaration, if you think the president has transgressed the constitution get your congressman to move for his impeachment.

For the often bandied but never substantiated issue of 30 day asset declaration feedback from CCB please point to any document that states that CCB conducts its search and feedback at a maximum of 30 days or forever keep silent.

They may however disclose that they have conducted their business with assets declared. Only at that point, if a public declaration hasn't been made, may you exercise your manic obsession to hang the new president. You would definitely have nationwide support in that case.
In the meantime, the electorate has spoken...live with it.

If you can't live with it there are always alternatives.

[/b]

Like jumping into the. RIVER NIGER FROM THE SECOND NIGER BRIDGE

2 Likes

Re: On Buhari/Osinbajo Public Asset Declaration: The "30 Days" Verification Is Over by biafranqueen: 11:06pm On Jul 01, 2015
barcanista:
“We will stick to the issues by renewing our call on His Excellency, Vice President Goodluck Jonathan, to toe the path of
honour by publishing the assets he has now declared seven times in line with the leadership shown by his boss, President Umaru Yar'Adua.
Those at the helm of the nation's affairs owe it a duty to the citizens who supposedly elected them, not only to be transparent, but also to be seen to be so. The leadership of the country has shown the way and it is only honourable not necessarily as a matter of law for members of his team to follow suit. It is therefore imperative, not even mandated by law, for the VP(GEJ) to stop hiding behind one finger and publish his assets declaration immediately”.
This was made just a few months ago did they forget?

AC/APC SpokesmanLai Mohammed (July 2007) Calling VP GEJ to publicly declare hIs asset

Buhari Pledged to publicly declare his asset

IMMEDIATELY he is sworn-in.” -Osita Okechukwu - Member Presidential Campaign Committee.

The presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress, Muhammadu Buhari, will publicly declare his assets and liabilities immediately he assumes office, if elected in the March 28 poll.
A member of the party’s presidential campaign council, Osita Okechukwu, who disclosed this during a pro-Buhari road show rally held in Enugu on Tuesday, also said the APC flag bearer will cut down the cost of governance in the country.
‘Unlike Jonathan, Buhari will publicly declare his assets’
March 18, 2015 Premium Times http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/more-news/178696-unlike-jonathan-buhari-will-publicly-declare-his-assets.html

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: On Buhari/Osinbajo Public Asset Declaration: The "30 Days" Verification Is Over by Nobody: 11:08pm On Jul 01, 2015
biafranqueen:
“I pledge to publicly declare my assets and liabilities, encourage all my appointees to publicity declare their assets and liabilities as a pre-condition for appointment"
Muhammadu Buhari, March 2015 (B4 Election)

Perhaps it was Jonathan that told him to make the pledge grin

4 Likes

Re: On Buhari/Osinbajo Public Asset Declaration: The "30 Days" Verification Is Over by Nobody: 11:10pm On Jul 01, 2015
biafranqueen:

IMMEDIATELY he is sworn-in.” -Osita Okechukwu - Member Presidential Campaign Committee.

‘Unlike Jonathan, Buhari will publicly declare his assets’
March 18, 2015 Premium Times http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/more-news/178696-unlike-jonathan-buhari-will-publicly-declare-his-assets.html
All of them are now taking to hiding cheesy

4 Likes

Re: On Buhari/Osinbajo Public Asset Declaration: The "30 Days" Verification Is Over by biafranqueen: 11:11pm On Jul 01, 2015
barcanista:
“I pledge to publicly declare my assets and liabilities, encourage all my appointees to publicity declare their assets and liabilities as a pre-condition for appointment"
Muhammadu Buhari, March 2015 (B4 Election)

Perhaps it was Jonathan that told him to make the pledge grin
Why not now? Its GEJ fault he can not bring the ministers list undecided

The blame game is change.....

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: On Buhari/Osinbajo Public Asset Declaration: The "30 Days" Verification Is Over by Nobody: 11:13pm On Jul 01, 2015
biafranqueen:
Why not now? Its GEJ fault he can not bring the ministers list undecided

The blame game is change.....
Buhari isn't aware of what he's up to.

2 Likes

Re: On Buhari/Osinbajo Public Asset Declaration: The "30 Days" Verification Is Over by Nobody: 11:15pm On Jul 01, 2015
Mercie97:
I hop it will happen soon too
Re: On Buhari/Osinbajo Public Asset Declaration: The "30 Days" Verification Is Over by joseph1832(m): 11:17pm On Jul 01, 2015
barcanista:
Buhari isn't aware of what he's up to.
So you're saying we have another clueless president?

Well considering how you supported the last clueless president, I see no reason whatsoever why you can't support another clueless one. grin;tonguegrintongue

2 Likes

Re: On Buhari/Osinbajo Public Asset Declaration: The "30 Days" Verification Is Over by guardsman: 11:20pm On Jul 01, 2015
biafranqueen:

Yes. We voted 4 him in 2011. GEJ has no one but himself to blame 4 squandering d goodwill he enjoyed frm us in 2011 on d alter of rabid corruption.
Is there anything wrong in voting out a president whose body language reeks of corruption?. A president who can boast dat he doesn't giv a damn. A president dat believes stealing is not corruption & even gave d story of d goat & d yam.
Should we hav maintained such a putrid status-quo by continuing wit d PDP?. If voting out a corrupt, clueless, confused & dysfunctional govt is wrong, I don't want to be right.
If d APC don't get their acts together we vote them out. That's d beauty of democracy.

2 Likes

Re: On Buhari/Osinbajo Public Asset Declaration: The "30 Days" Verification Is Over by SweetSoup(m): 11:23pm On Jul 01, 2015
Buhari doesn't come across as someone who was prepared for this job, and this is coming from a diehard sai Buhari loyalist. His inability to appoint his own chief of staff and the SGF his giving me the thought that he may not be in control of this govt (more like a puppet), but i would still wait till his 100 days in office to know whether i wasted my time campaigning heavily on Facebook, Nairaland etc and my vote..

3 Likes

Re: On Buhari/Osinbajo Public Asset Declaration: The "30 Days" Verification Is Over by mrrock: 11:38pm On Jul 01, 2015
Buhari with his wife wearing a N10 million Naira watch, is one of the richest general that ever ruled Nigeria. He've managed to fool millions of Nigerians that he's very poor. Now, declaring his asset publicly has become a burden. A burden so huge that he's now embarrassed to let Nigerians know he's just as rich as his contemporaries, like IBB, Abacha, OBJ, Abdulsalami.

3 Likes

Re: On Buhari/Osinbajo Public Asset Declaration: The "30 Days" Verification Is Over by hamilton62(m): 12:28am On Jul 02, 2015
joseph1832:
I wonder why you didn't hold GEJ on his promise when he failed to deliver on his empty promises!.

I didn't even hear you bleat when GEJ failed to even fulfill his promise of given the second Nigeri bridge.

So what in Heavens name give you the right to hold PMB to his promise when you couldn't or rather wouldn't hold GEJ on his own?.

This act by you is not only two sided, but two faced. I believe I can add you to the Vaudeville of Pundits list now.
Please which of the promises did he fail on and try to itemize them then you will have a proof to show if he really failed or your ignorance is making you open your mouth without the help of lips?

2 Likes

Re: On Buhari/Osinbajo Public Asset Declaration: The "30 Days" Verification Is Over by jamace(m): 12:34am On Jul 02, 2015
Wallahi, Buhari's integrity has been buried by politics. Buhari is now playing old man sense. No more patriotism.

Welcome to the changed Buhari!

3 Likes

Re: On Buhari/Osinbajo Public Asset Declaration: The "30 Days" Verification Is Over by Nobody: 1:06am On Jul 02, 2015
ok...
Re: On Buhari/Osinbajo Public Asset Declaration: The "30 Days" Verification Is Over by beetruth: 4:59am On Jul 02, 2015
joseph1832:
I believe Patrick Obahiagbon wasn't really lying when he labeled people like you "political ventriloquist". grin

So in the words of Patrick Obahiagbon: Soferee soferee catchey monkee" tongue

I believe you forget "patience is a virtue" barcanista, so be patience, if you can wait for whatever amount of years before GEJ made his assets public, I see no reason why you can't wait for this amount of days before PMB make his assets public. cheesy
and where will the change come from? By repeating GEJs ways?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: On Buhari/Osinbajo Public Asset Declaration: The "30 Days" Verification Is Over by mobaking: 5:24am On Jul 02, 2015
BARCANISTA AND THE WAILERS!
Re: On Buhari/Osinbajo Public Asset Declaration: The "30 Days" Verification Is Over by femi4: 6:01am On Jul 02, 2015
barcanista:
The Genesis
During the campaign period President Muhammadu Buhari and his Vice Yemi Osinbajo pledged to publicly declare their assets in line with their "transparent" leadership. On the eve of Buhari/Osinbajo inauguration (May 28, 2015), President Buhari and Osinbajo filed their secret asset declaration with Code of Conduct Bureau(CCB) in line with the constitutional provisions. Two days later, Nigerians were however shocked when Buhari's spokesman Alhaji Shehu Garba on air to tell the public that by "declaring with CCB, Muhammadu Buhari and Yemi Osinbajo had fulfilled one of their pledge".

Majority of the population couldn't take such because we are well aware of the difference between secret and public asset declarations. We demanded to see the asset of the President, his Vice and their spouses (similar to what late President Yar'adua did).

The CCB 30 Days Verification Timeline
Rather than publicly show Nigerians the asset, Buhari's spokesman Alhaji Shehu Garba came out on June 6, 2015 to tell Nigerians to wait after CCB mandatory verification even when the CCB has no business with public asset declaration. In his own word...

Some other APC sympathisers like Dr Peregrino Brimah and some SaiBuhari chanters re-echoed the 30 days verification period. In fact, they reminded us that late President Yar'adua published his asset on Jun 28, 2007 (30 Days after his declaration with CCB).
Though Nigerians know that the 30-Day period was only to buy time, nevertheless we gave them the time.

30-Day Verification Elapsed, Where Are The Assets?
Today 28, June 2015 makes it 31 Days after Buhari and Osinbajo filed their asset declaration before CCB. The 30-Day verification period has elapsed.

Where are the assets of President Muhammadu Buhari, VP Yemi Osinbajo and their Spouses?
Wailing wailers
Re: On Buhari/Osinbajo Public Asset Declaration: The "30 Days" Verification Is Over by peedeeasobie(m): 6:30am On Jul 02, 2015
joseph1832:
I wonder why you didn't hold GEJ on his promise when he failed to deliver on his empty promises!.

I didn't even hear you bleat when GEJ failed to even fulfill his promise of given the second Nigeri bridge.

So what in Heavens name give you the right to hold PMB to his promise when you couldn't or rather wouldn't hold GEJ on his own?.

This act by you is not only two sided, but two faced. I believe I can add you to the Vaudeville of Pundits list now.

What exactly are you saying sir?
He has every right to hold PMB to his promise.

The president is PMB not GEJ. Stop making reference to the past. Who is GEJ?

Is PMB's govt a repetition of GEJ's govt?
Must he do what GEJ did by not declaring his assets?

What then is the change?
Where then is the change?

The fact that you support APC doesn't mean you shouldn't be objective and criticize the President as and when due!

2 Likes

Re: On Buhari/Osinbajo Public Asset Declaration: The "30 Days" Verification Is Over by Luukasz(m): 6:48am On Jul 02, 2015
barcanista:
The Genesis
During the campaign period President Muhammadu Buhari and his Vice Yemi Osinbajo pledged to publicly declare their assets in line with their "transparent" leadership. On the eve of Buhari/Osinbajo inauguration (May 28, 2015), President Buhari and Osinbajo filed their secret asset declaration with Code of Conduct Bureau(CCB) in line with the constitutional provisions. Two days later, Nigerians were however shocked when Buhari's spokesman Alhaji Shehu Garba on air to tell the public that by "declaring with CCB, Muhammadu Buhari and Yemi Osinbajo had fulfilled one of their pledge".

Majority of the population couldn't take such because we are well aware of the difference between secret and public asset declarations. We demanded to see the asset of the President, his Vice and their spouses (similar to what late President Yar'adua did).

Rather than publicly show Nigerians the asset, Buhari's spokesman Alhaji Shehu Garba came out on June 6, 2015 to tell Nigerians to wait after CCB mandatory verification even when the CCB has no business with public asset declaration. In his own word...

Some other APC sympathisers like Dr Peregrino Brimah and some SaiBuhari chanters re-echoed the 30 days verification period. In fact, they reminded us that late President Yar'adua published his asset on Jun 28, 2007 (30 Days after his declaration with CCB).
Though Nigerians know that the 30-Day period was only to buy time, nevertheless we gave them the time.

Today 28, June 2015 makes it 31 Days after Buhari and Osinbajo filed their asset declaration before CCB. The 30-Day verification period has elapsed.

Where are the assets of President Muhammadu Buhari, VP Yemi Osinbajo and their Spouses?
Go & ask your father......barcanista or whatever you are,GEJ & PDP has lost the election,stop languishing in the defeat of the last election.Work towards the progress of Nigeria I hate SOUR LOSERS

1 Like

Re: On Buhari/Osinbajo Public Asset Declaration: The "30 Days" Verification Is Over by lastpage: 6:50am On Jul 02, 2015
mobaking:
BARCANISTA AND THE WAILERS!

[size=18pt]More like Barcanista and the WHINING, WAILING - WAILERS![/size] grin grin grin grin

When dem finish crying, they should let us know....till then , Sai gobe!
undecided

Lastpage!
Re: On Buhari/Osinbajo Public Asset Declaration: The "30 Days" Verification Is Over by blackpriest0911: 7:10am On Jul 02, 2015
Barcanista satan b gone....TAN mtchewwww
Re: On Buhari/Osinbajo Public Asset Declaration: The "30 Days" Verification Is Over by geefasee: 7:17am On Jul 02, 2015
Mercie97:
yes they will do the needful but when are they going to do it? Is it when the needful is no longer needed?

1 Like

Re: On Buhari/Osinbajo Public Asset Declaration: The "30 Days" Verification Is Over by discusant: 7:21am On Jul 02, 2015
Mercie97:

Apologist of failed promises:
PMB is failing on his election campaign promises.

Apart from this failure to properly declare his assests as promised:

Naira has climbed N230 to one Dollar, PMB promise of making Naira equal to Dollar is becoming unreasonable.

Instead of defeating Boko Haram, Buhari is expanding the front for Boko by removing soldiers from checkpoints and transferring Boko Haram prisoners to areas where they do not operate.

Buhari is not promoting democracy by his refusal to appoint ministers since he became President. He has since been taking unilateral decisions and running a government of dictatorship.

Buhari has not been practicing democracy, as he pointed to elected principal officers of the legislative arm of government whom he said his party must not accept.

2 Likes

Re: On Buhari/Osinbajo Public Asset Declaration: The "30 Days" Verification Is Over by shine96: 7:25am On Jul 02, 2015
The president and his Vice should declare their assets publicly as they promised Nigerians. He should honorable enough to do that.

1 Like

Re: On Buhari/Osinbajo Public Asset Declaration: The "30 Days" Verification Is Over by hollarwaley: 7:56am On Jul 02, 2015
[s][/s]
poiZon:
assets too plenty, it will take another 3yrs or more for ccb to verify those assets. for the mean time nigerians i present to u once more BABA ONE CHANCE! AKA DOGO YARO! AKA Daura President! AKA OLD WINE! AKA WEST GERMANY PIKIN! AKA CERTIFICATELESS GEN ER
[center][/center][/s][s][/s][s]AL!

RECEIVE SENSE
Re: On Buhari/Osinbajo Public Asset Declaration: The "30 Days" Verification Is Over by hollarwaley: 7:57am On Jul 02, 2015
[s][/s]
temitemi1:
What is plenty abt his 250 cows, one house in daura, 1.5m in his bank acc n his recent added HELIPAD @ daura grin grin grin... Buhari is nothing but an undiluted scammer!

DULLARD
Re: On Buhari/Osinbajo Public Asset Declaration: The "30 Days" Verification Is Over by Kenobus: 8:07am On Jul 02, 2015
barcanista:
The Genesis

I salute you for your consistency. These guys are jokers and liars. I had said it then that CCB has no role on public declaration of assets. they are just buying time. Any public show now is late and the assets would have been manipulated. The DD has nothing other than to Hausanise Nigeria!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: On Buhari/Osinbajo Public Asset Declaration: The "30 Days" Verification Is Over by Chigold101(m): 8:11am On Jul 02, 2015
drkay:
This isn't a big deal. I blv those in charge will do the needful.
sometimes i wonder how Nigerian youths pass their english language course or exam.

When will they do the NEEDFUL? Today is 2nd of July... That makes it 30days plus 5... 35 long days have gone by... Still no nothing to show...

DauraDullard is taking Nigerians for a roller coaster SNAIL slow ride...

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

PDP To INEC: Declare Wada As Winner Of Kogi Election / South-East Governors did not declare IPOB a terrorist group – Ikpeazu / Minimum Wage: Why We Can’t Meet Labours’ Demands – Nigerian Govt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.