Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,310 members, 7,819,055 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:42 AM

On Buhari/Osinbajo Public Asset Declaration: The "30 Days" Verification Is Over - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / On Buhari/Osinbajo Public Asset Declaration: The "30 Days" Verification Is Over (24690 Views)

Nigerians React After CCT Clears Saraki Of False Asset Declaration Charges / Kaduna 2017 Declaration)the Drug That Cure Biafra Madness In 24hrs / PMB Vs GEJ Public Asset Declaration At A Glance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: On Buhari/Osinbajo Public Asset Declaration: The "30 Days" Verification Is Over by Nobody: 8:12am On Jul 02, 2015
... nice post...

Do you live in Akwa Ibom State? Do you relish the desire to own your own business with little start up capital and promising returns in investment? Do you hope to look into the mirror each morning and know you are talking to the boss? Are you enterprising?/Would you love to be? Do you have an aptitude for thinking out of the box? Then call or add me up on whatsapp 08085188110. You will be glad you did
Re: On Buhari/Osinbajo Public Asset Declaration: The "30 Days" Verification Is Over by Chigold101(m): 8:16am On Jul 02, 2015
Mercie97:
I'm sure they will soon do the needful..no need to start whining
look at one of them... When someone points out something that has gone wrong, they call it whining.

Look at one of them, who didnt understand a point in what barcanista wrote... How soon is soon to u? Today makes it 35 days...

This one is here typing soon & whining...

Anyway... Nigerians should sit back and enjoy this journey with Baba go slow... U people asked for it...

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: On Buhari/Osinbajo Public Asset Declaration: The "30 Days" Verification Is Over by ajepako(f): 9:14am On Jul 02, 2015
barcanista:
The Genesis
During the campaign period President Muhammadu Buhari and his Vice Yemi Osinbajo pledged to publicly declare their assets in line with their "transparent" leadership. On the eve of Buhari/Osinbajo inauguration (May 28, 2015), President Buhari and Osinbajo filed their secret asset declaration with Code of Conduct Bureau(CCB) in line with the constitutional provisions. Two days later, Nigerians were however shocked when Buhari's spokesman Alhaji Shehu Garba on air to tell the public that by "declaring with CCB, Muhammadu Buhari and Yemi Osinbajo had fulfilled one of their pledge".

Majority of the population couldn't take such because we are well aware of the difference between secret and public asset declarations. We demanded to see the asset of the President, his Vice and their spouses (similar to what late President Yar'adua did).

The CCB 30 Days Verification Timeline
Rather than publicly show Nigerians the asset, Buhari's spokesman Alhaji Shehu Garba came out on June 6, 2015 to tell Nigerians to wait after CCB mandatory verification even when the CCB has no business with public asset declaration. In his own word...

Some other APC sympathisers like Dr Peregrino Brimah and some SaiBuhari chanters re-echoed the 30 days verification period. In fact, they reminded us that late President Yar'adua published his asset on Jun 28, 2007 (30 Days after his declaration with CCB).
Though Nigerians know that the 30-Day period was only to buy time, nevertheless we gave them the time.

30-Day Verification Elapsed, Where Are The Assets?
Today 28, June 2015 makes it 31 Days after Buhari and Osinbajo filed their asset declaration before CCB. The 30-Day verification period has elapsed.

Where are the assets of President Muhammadu Buhari, VP Yemi Osinbajo and their Spouses?

Well said Barca!

Knowing them, it would be viewed as a major achievement of the APC-led government.

I wonder when this government will stop displaying half intelligence hoping Nigerians would remain gullible for the next four years

It is apparent this government is not in a hurry to hit the ground running despite the noise and hullabaloo during their campaign

Hopefully, Nigerians will see what this government is about soonest and realize their grave error.

1 Like

Re: On Buhari/Osinbajo Public Asset Declaration: The "30 Days" Verification Is Over by Realist2: 9:15am On Jul 02, 2015
We all know that if nothing is fishy about baba asset, he would have declared it earlier on.Nigerians would be surprise when he finally do if at all he wil declare it.

1 Like

Re: On Buhari/Osinbajo Public Asset Declaration: The "30 Days" Verification Is Over by Nobody: 9:25am On Jul 02, 2015
ajepako:

Well said Barca!

Knowing them, it would be viewed as a major achievement of the APC-led government.

I wonder when this government will stop displaying half intelligence hoping Nigerians would remain gullible for the next four years

It is apparent this government is not in a hurry to hit the ground running despite the noise and hullabaloo during their campaign

Hopefully, Nigerians will see what this government is about soonest and realize their grave error.
My sweetheart, honestly, this government is turning out to be the worst since Nigria's democratic history.
Re: On Buhari/Osinbajo Public Asset Declaration: The "30 Days" Verification Is Over by Nobody: 9:32am On Jul 02, 2015
LouisVanGaal:
Trying to redeem his battered image before his goons!!!
Smellos...first 100 days was the statement; dont be too clever by a half Oga..

For starters, am a die-hard Buharist, but more than that, am passionate abt Nigeria. Let's be objective, and plain sincere with ourselves. I see Buhari/Osinbajo as a team, a team with a professor of law, and a SAN, as a front row member. I expect infinitely more this team than from any other pair that ever ruled Nigeria. Where I would give gej/Sambo 16yrs, I wud give gmb/Osinbajo just 4yrs.
If gmb wants do right by us, he could as well have given a photocopy of the form he submitted to ccb on may 28th to newspaper editors on may 29th.
Ccb has consistently maintained dt they don't have d powers to publicise gmb's asset declaration, except NASS empowers them to. On the hand, Shehu garba is bandying around one 30 days lacuna that I bliv is alien to our laws,....its obvious we aint seeing it.
I learnt fani Kayode stormed a Lagos hotel 2 days ago in the company of 15 armed police men. Even under a buhari-led govt? This isn't the change we voted for. This isn't the gmb I thought I knew..........

4 Likes

Re: On Buhari/Osinbajo Public Asset Declaration: The "30 Days" Verification Is Over by 989900: 9:37am On Jul 02, 2015
barcanista:
“We will stick to the issues by renewing our call on His Excellency, Vice President Goodluck Jonathan, to toe the path of
honour by publishing the assets he has now declared seven times in line with the leadership shown by his boss, President Umaru Yar'Adua.
Those at the helm of the nation's affairs owe it a duty to the citizens who supposedly elected them, not only to be transparent, but also to be seen to be so. The leadership of the country has shown the way and it is only honourable not necessarily as a matter of law for members of his team to follow suit. It is therefore imperative, not even mandated by law, for the VP(GEJ) to stop hiding behind one finger and publish his assets declaration immediately”.
AC/APC SpokesmanLai Mohammed (July 2007) Calling VP GEJ to publicly declare hIs asset

Buhari Pledged to publicly declare his asset

Well said.

Baba giving 'barcanista' all the leverage . . .
#sad

1 Like

Re: On Buhari/Osinbajo Public Asset Declaration: The "30 Days" Verification Is Over by 989900: 9:38am On Jul 02, 2015
Frankie9ice:

For starters, am a die-hard Buharist, but more than that, am passionate abt Nigeria. Let's be objective, and plain sincere with ourselves. I see Buhari/Osinbajo as a team, a team with a professor of law, and a SAN, as a front row member. I expect infinitely more this team than from any other pair that ever ruled Nigeria. Where I would give gej/Sambo 16yrs, I wud give gmb/Osinbajo just 4yrs.
If gmb wants do right by us, he could as well have given a photocopy of the form he submitted to ccb on may 28th to newspaper editors on may 29th.
Ccb has consistently maintained dt they don't have d powers to publicise gmb's asset declaration, except NASS empowers them to. On the hand, Shehu garba is bandying around one 30 days lacuna that I bliv is alien to our laws,....its obvious we aint seeing it.
I learnt fani Kayode stormed a Lagos hotel 2 days ago in the company of 15 armed police men. Even under a buhari-led govt? This isn't the change we voted for. This isn't the gmb I thought I knew..........

I'm with you.

1 Like

Re: On Buhari/Osinbajo Public Asset Declaration: The "30 Days" Verification Is Over by Mogidi: 10:43am On Jul 02, 2015
Snipes009:

Pasting people's tweets on here to corroborate your opinion shows you can't really think on your own. Guy, speak for yourself. If he doesn't declare his asset, I care less. I didn't vote for him because he said "I'm gonna declare my asset".

What do you know about corroborating ones argument with evidence and who gives a bleep what you think, just stay of my mentions.

1 Like

Re: On Buhari/Osinbajo Public Asset Declaration: The "30 Days" Verification Is Over by poiZon: 3:40pm On Jul 02, 2015
hollarwaley:
[s][/s]

RECEIVE SENSE

recieve coMMON SENSE!
Re: On Buhari/Osinbajo Public Asset Declaration: The "30 Days" Verification Is Over by FearGodinall: 9:44am On Jul 13, 2015
joseph1832:
I believe Patrick Obahiagbon wasn't really lying when he labeled people like you "political ventriloquist". grin

So in the words of Patrick Obahiagbon: Soferee soferee catchey monkee" tongue

I believe you forget "patience is a virtue" barcanista, so be patience, if you can wait for whatever amount of years before GEJ made his assets public, I see no reason why you can't wait for this amount of days before PMB make his assets public. cheesy
is it by insulting that will prove your point? When does Nigeria used GEJ as performance index for presidents in Nigeria? He promised to declare his assets so let him keep to his word.
Re: On Buhari/Osinbajo Public Asset Declaration: The "30 Days" Verification Is Over by coolscott(m): 1:02pm On Aug 02, 2015
barcanista:
We should allow Buhari do as it pleases him
Civil servants are not employed to "do as it pleases" them
Re: On Buhari/Osinbajo Public Asset Declaration: The "30 Days" Verification Is Over by coolscott(m): 1:15pm On Aug 02, 2015
On this issue I think we should not slack in demanding that campaign promises be fulfilled.

Let us not let them off the hook because this is not about Buhari but about any future aspirant that wants to be president.

It should be clear that we won't just suddenly forget the promises they spiritedly made to us during the elections

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Video Of Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour Explaining How He Was Attacked In Epe / El-Rufai Visits Flood Ravaged Areas In Kaduna (Photos) / President Buhari And Service Chiefs In Closed-Door Meeting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.