Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,126 members, 7,814,942 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:46 AM

She Wants To Turn To A Moslem. - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / She Wants To Turn To A Moslem. (27014 Views)

She Wants To Quit Her Marriage / Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? / She Wants Court Marriage, He Wants Traditional Marriage, She Say He Does Not.... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: She Wants To Turn To A Moslem. by ALISMILE(m): 12:25pm On Jun 29, 2015
synergycom19:

Unfortunately it appears you are not a Spirit-filled Christian yourself otherwise she will never dream of Islam,anyway plead with to go for counseling,then take her to a HOLY SPIRIT FILLED pastor,who has a moslim background,your problems will be over.
Stop deceiving ursef! D girl has tasted both faiths without outside interference and has made her choice! Stop deceiving ursef that somtin is nt rite somwhere! She has seen d LIGHT! Simple

2 Likes

Re: She Wants To Turn To A Moslem. by priscillawill(m): 12:25pm On Jun 29, 2015
kimond101:
Before addressing he question I'll first congratulate your fiancee for receiving guidance to the right path.

A little Islamic fundamentals for you:
A muslim is one who worships God alone without associating partners in worship with him.
Now what is the religion of Abraham, Jacob, Moses, Joseph, David since they all came before Christ. The answer is Islam(People who submit to God without associating partners in worship with him).
Jesus Christ the Messiah, Son of Mary is a blessed prophet and messenger of God. His creation is a display of God greatness.
God created Adam from nothing(Clay), Eve from Adam (man), Jesus from Mary (woman), and you and I from our parents (Man and Woman). This indicates that God is indeed able to do all things.
Abraham was sent as a messenger, same was Noah, Moses, David, Jesus, and Mohammed. And we're given scriptures as a guidance to their people. Jesus Christ was given the gospel as a guidance for the people of Isreal. And whoever doesn't follow his guidance would not be successful in the hereafter. The guidance of the gospel as revealed to Jesus is the true guidance. But with all due respect man has added some words into the Bibles we have today. But the pure scripture that God revealed to Jesus indicates Jesus saying:
My Father is greater than I. Jesus never called himself God in the bible.
Back to the question would muslims enter paradise. Yes they would by the Grace of God. But only those who are obedient to the commandments of God and do not take partners with God and believe in all the books revealed to all the messengers, believe in the angels, preordainment and seek forgiveness from God with sincerity hoping for the best in this life and the hereafter

Now to the question :
Inter religious marriage could be very hard. From Islamic perspective I'll advice that you marry someone who share the same believe as you do. Because when it comes to praying together and raising children problems would develop.
Islam believes if you ascribe partners with God you wouldn't make paradise and Christianity believe if you don't accept that Jesus died for your sins you wouldn't make paradise. The love between couples should extend to the hereafter. So husband and wife with same believe would have faith in attaining the paradise that they aspire.
But I'll advice you learn about islam who knows you might be the next revert.

stop trying to confuse baby christain. '.......in the beginning was the word an the word was God read for understanding, john 1:1-14. The Jesus you say you know is different from the one in the bible.

3 Likes

Re: She Wants To Turn To A Moslem. by chupcake(m): 12:27pm On Jun 29, 2015
I am a muslim so I think I am right when I say it is not allowed for a muslim woman to marry a christian. Talk to her about it and you guys should find a common ground, if not, count your losses and move on. I won't advise you to marry a muslim. At the very least, let her present her 'case' and tell you why she choose islam. If its cos her parents are muslim, it should be easy to convince her, if its cos she's seen both religion and choose islam, let her tell you why. Who knows, you might decide islam is the way. I am in no way saying Christianity isn't.. Pls before someone comes to chew my head off. All I am saying is instead of putting your foot down. Try to understand her. I've always said I can always date a christian or even become a christian if she can convince me its the way without any sentiments. If she can't and I can, well it is what it is.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: She Wants To Turn To A Moslem. by priscillawill(m): 12:28pm On Jun 29, 2015
debolly:
For me, I prefer a one religion marriage.
The decision is yours....
If you can live with her no problem
But if you can't, let her go.
My aunt who's a muslim married a staunch christian and all her children practises Islam, not even one deviated, so what matters is the heart & love.
her husband will not go to heaven
Re: She Wants To Turn To A Moslem. by AminuRano87(m): 12:31pm On Jun 29, 2015
follow her convert to moslem na, if she can prove to you that Muslim better past Christian
Re: She Wants To Turn To A Moslem. by senier007(m): 12:35pm On Jun 29, 2015
This is typical yoruba style of religion, follow something blindly without strong conviction or logic, she was a muslim before, her uncle turn her to Christians cuz she was staying with him, now that she is back with her mum she has reverted to being muslim, and you think being a christian without studying other religion is enough for you to pass judgement that your religion is the only way? Well that's what am saying, just because our parent are xtains or muslims we automatically turn to one even after our parent are no longer with us, my candid advice is first read the new book written by Desmond Tutu " God is not a christian", study Islam and the bible again, convince yourself first before you confront a confused yoruba woman that changes religion just like weather.
Re: She Wants To Turn To A Moslem. by ola20ng(m): 12:35pm On Jun 29, 2015
She was never a christian. The uncle took advantage of their financial situation and forcefully changed her to a christian. Chrisrians are very good at taking advantage of the unfavourable situations to convert you. This is a reality that no christian can deny. Christians are not tolerant to have a muslim under their care and favour. The first thing they will strip them of is their faith in return for the favour they are rendering. They believe that the main reason for your problem is your religion which you must first renounce.
My advice for you is to do her a favour by not marrying her.

7 Likes

Re: She Wants To Turn To A Moslem. by BornnAgainChild(f): 12:36pm On Jun 29, 2015
MuhdG:
Alhamdulillah.

If she wants to practice islam allow her and support her if you truly love her.

She must have seen the light in Islam.. so why don't you ask her to show it to you.

Shoro Niyen undecided
Re: She Wants To Turn To A Moslem. by simpleseyi: 12:41pm On Jun 29, 2015
I am Muslim guy married to a Christian lady for about 4 years now. My marriage is sweeter and better than Pastor Chris Okotie and Chris Oyakhimole's marriages; but, I am sorry that I have no advice for you angry.

1 Like

Re: She Wants To Turn To A Moslem. by tdayof(m): 12:43pm On Jun 29, 2015
fyxboss:
be not unequally yoked together with unbelievers, they are not believers in christ, the bible has its own stand.... U have to confess Jesus
unbelievers does it state that Muslims are unbelievers??

1 Like

Re: She Wants To Turn To A Moslem. by luvprince4real(m): 12:47pm On Jun 29, 2015
Can 2 walk together except they agree?? Amos 3:3

Be ye not unequally yoked with unbelievers; for what fellowship has righteousness with unrighteousness, and what communion has light with darkness, and what concord has christ with belial, or what path hath he dat believeth with an infidel. 2nd corinthians 6:14-15

Blesses is d man that walketh not in the counsel of d ungodly, nor standeth in d way of sinners, nor siteth in d seat of d scornful. Ps 1;1
Re: She Wants To Turn To A Moslem. by hob(m): 12:48pm On Jun 29, 2015
This matter na crucial one. Anything concerning religion, im always a bit skeptic...anyways, the best thing for you guys is to discuss it and find a way around it. There r so many couples out there practicing different religion. i have no idea how it works for them thou.

FYI...you can also convert to a muslim too grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: She Wants To Turn To A Moslem. by yusufbida(m): 12:50pm On Jun 29, 2015
wisefizz:

Them done start again.... This is hw they start religious war.... Who told u say there is no light in Christianity?

Mind u, I'm a muslim

IF TRULY YOU ARE A MUSLIM YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF YOUR STATEMENT ABOVE.

1 Like

Re: She Wants To Turn To A Moslem. by tohero(m): 12:52pm On Jun 29, 2015
Its possible to have a fruitful relationship if you are okay with your children practicing their choice of religion. Mind you, children will probably take the mother's religion in a family of mixed religion. With time, they will feel free to act the two religion and later decide for one by themselves.

Such decisions are hard for the children to make, its the true! But surely, you are definitely raising children with high tOlerance.

Example:
I'm from such family, I made my decision and it wasn't an easy one I must confess; intimidation from friends. Now, I always wish my children won't go into the hard phase of such decision but I am happy I experienced it! It defines a new me and the experience made me a better me!

Because I am not so sure I will like my children to go through such, I don't see myself having one. But the bitter true is -- I may and be very okay with it!

Good Luck bro!
Let your love for her make a decision for you.
May God be your guide!
Re: She Wants To Turn To A Moslem. by Nayok(m): 12:53pm On Jun 29, 2015
Am also in this dilleman, my girl is a xtian, though i dont have problem in marrtying her, it s only her family that didnt want us to tie d knot, cos am a muslim.te author=naijainfogalery post=35278055]If u are cool with it and dont see a problem, marry her but if her change wont make u sleep at night abeg just drop her , but if you are dropping her be careful sha cos i no wan hear story of how a nairalander was *lipsealed*[/quote]
Re: She Wants To Turn To A Moslem. by wisefizz(m): 12:55pm On Jun 29, 2015
yusufbida:

IF TRULY YOU ARE A MUSLIM YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF YOUR STATEMENT ABOVE.

Bro, m NT ashamed.... We serve the same God in different ways... We don't need to derail a religion because of ours...

Let there be peace

3 Likes

Re: She Wants To Turn To A Moslem. by diportivo: 12:56pm On Jun 29, 2015
tunde1200:
May almighty ALLAH increase your imani.

pls,from someone dat doesnt know

what does imani mean?
Re: She Wants To Turn To A Moslem. by sule5727: 12:56pm On Jun 29, 2015
Yomieluv:
My fiance called me on thursday that she's converting to a moslem.

Actually,she was a muslim,but when the mum was going through financial difficulties while growing up,she and her brother went to stay at her uncle's place,who happens to practice christian,which made her practice the family's religion.

She has gone back this year to her mum's place,because her place of industrial attachment is very close to her mum's place.

I thought she was joking,till she came to my side yesterday,and observed her prayer the muslim way.

I haven't made any comment,or taken any decision on that,but my fear is that

1. This is a lady I want t get married to in few months' time.

2. I practise christianity,and I know the importance of uniformity of religion to married couple,and children.

3. I have been worried since,am I over reacting to it?

4. Has anybody been in this situation before,whereby hubby,and wife practise different religion?

5. Should I be worried,or I insist on her to practice christianity?

I need contribution,and advice on how to handle the difference in religion,if eventually we get married.

CC: lalasticlala.
guy let her practice her preferred religion plssssssssssss!!!! And if u still love her then join her bam!!!
Re: She Wants To Turn To A Moslem. by Nobody: 12:57pm On Jun 29, 2015
misssclassy:
Well, this is quite a delicate situation.
First of all I 'd advice you sit her down and talk things with her. Tell her you stand in all of this and tell her how you feel about her decision.
Expressively explain to her of the implication of her decision of your relationship

What she did was insensitive. Why would she chose to make such decision at a time as crucial as this. It doesn't speak well of her judgment and decision making.

If after talking to her she still doesn't change her stance, the best thing for the both of you is to end the relationship.

Having separate religions as a husband and wife would not help in improving your relationship. If for anything, it would help in pulling both of you apart.
When you practise the same religion with your spouse, it creates understanding, trust and a stronger bond of friendship and companionship between the both of you.

I am not saying your marriage won't work if she chooses to practice islam and you choose to practice christianity, but there is a higher chance it would blossom if you both practiced the same religion.

Shoro niyen undecided
Re: She Wants To Turn To A Moslem. by Afam4eva(m): 12:57pm On Jun 29, 2015
Your worry should not really be the fact that she wants to convert to Islam but the fact that it seems she panders to situation. She changed to Christianity when she needed something and then wants to convert back because she stayed with her mum for sometime. Who knows, she may decide to join ogboni tomorrow for whatever reason. That kind of wife cannot be trusted even with fidelity.

2 Likes

Re: She Wants To Turn To A Moslem. by ussy09(m): 1:04pm On Jun 29, 2015
wisefizz:

Them done start again.... This is hw they start religious war.... Who told u say there is no light in Christianity?

Mind u, I'm a muslim
Lie not for u r not a muslim

1 Like

Re: She Wants To Turn To A Moslem. by Nobody: 1:04pm On Jun 29, 2015
ECOTERRORS:
I saw the lIght in ISIS, hezbollah, Boko haram, Hamas, PLO, Abu Sayyef, AQIM and others.

Light kor Up Nepa ni

Good luck to you
Re: She Wants To Turn To A Moslem. by Humblebloke(m): 1:05pm On Jun 29, 2015
This religion wahala again..... It baffles me when people keep arguing which religion is the ideal one....

Make una leave matter for matthias abeg...... Una be Godundecided

Ok..... The holy books clearly stated it; The bible tells us its Jesus or enternal damnation and The Holy Quran tells us the only religion the almighty will accept is Islam.....

Our noble forefathers..... No one ever told em' of islam or christianity, They went about their business, they all knew there was a supernatural being incharge..... Some prayed to him while most of them felt they could communicate with him through a demi god

Our God is not a misleading one......... They must have been doing something right at that time

My point is wether you believe in Islam, Christianity, Ifa, Ogun, Buddahism...... Just stick to it(keep doing the right thing) and do not criticize others for what they believe in.......Learn to respect other people's beliefs

OP....... The Quran does not permit a Muslim lady marrying a Christian...... buh its ur choice, Do what makes you and your God happy.

I'm a proud Muslim and a Mumin(Mutaqqin)

#mytwokobo

2 Likes

Re: She Wants To Turn To A Moslem. by naijainfogalery: 1:06pm On Jun 29, 2015
Bro there are 2 things involved, u cant really have a sweet rosy marriage if your inlaws are againts you, find a way to get into their hearts and if they insists, ask your girl if she is up for the task and if you are ok with her being a christian, u can by pass them and if you are not cool with it, its better to just end it than let it linger
Nayok:
Am also in this dilleman, my girl is a xtian, though i dont have problem in marrtying her, it s only her family that didnt want us to tie d knot, cos am a muslim.te author=naijainfogalery post=35278055]If u are cool with it and dont see a problem, marry her but if her change wont make u sleep at night abeg just drop her , but if you are dropping her be careful sha cos i no wan hear story of how a nairalander was *lipsealed*
Re: She Wants To Turn To A Moslem. by myproperty(m): 1:13pm On Jun 29, 2015
kimond101:
Before addressing he question I'll first congratulate your fiancee for receiving guidance to the right path.

A little Islamic fundamentals for you:
A muslim is one who worships God alone without associating partners in worship with him.
Now what is the religion of Abraham, Jacob, Moses, Joseph, David since they all came before Christ. The answer is Islam(People who submit to God without associating partners in worship with him).
Jesus Christ the Messiah, Son of Mary is a blessed prophet and messenger of God. His creation is a display of God greatness.
God created Adam from nothing(Clay), Eve from Adam (man), Jesus from Mary (woman), and you and I from our parents (Man and Woman). This indicates that God is indeed able to do all things.
Abraham was sent as a messenger, same was Noah, Moses, David, Jesus, and Mohammed. And we're given scriptures as a guidance to their people. Jesus Christ was given the gospel as a guidance for the people of Isreal. And whoever doesn't follow his guidance would not be successful in the hereafter. The guidance of the gospel as revealed to Jesus is the true guidance. But with all due respect man has added some words into the Bibles we have today. But the pure scripture that God revealed to Jesus indicates Jesus saying:
My Father is greater than I. Jesus never called himself God in the bible.
Back to the question would muslims enter paradise. Yes they would by the Grace of God. But only those who are obedient to the commandments of God and do not take partners with God and believe in all the books revealed to all the messengers, believe in the angels, preordainment and seek forgiveness from God with sincerity hoping for the best in this life and the hereafter

Now to the question :
Inter religious marriage could be very hard. From Islamic perspective I'll advice that you marry someone who share the same believe as you do. Because when it comes to praying together and raising children problems would develop.
Islam believes if you ascribe partners with God you wouldn't make paradise and Christianity believe if you don't accept that Jesus died for your sins you wouldn't make paradise. The love between couples should extend to the hereafter. So husband and wife with same believe would have faith in attaining the paradise that they aspire.
But I'll advice you learn about islam who knows you might be the next revert.

Should Religion be based on falsehood?
Who told you that the religion of Abraham, Jacob, Moses, Joseph, David is Islam because according to you they all came before Christ, whereas Islam came more than 600years after Christianity and you still associate them to Islam, what would those that practice Judaism say. You forgot to mention Ishmael as a prophet in Islam, a man who have no prophetic record.
Is it really guidance to the right path? BEWARE the path that seemeth right might lead you to destruction .

To the topic:
There is no association between light and darkness, there is no correlation between peace and violence.
The Scripture says ...........fellowship with the brethren.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: She Wants To Turn To A Moslem. by mashnino(m): 1:24pm On Jun 29, 2015
bellong:
If you are not comfortable with her decision, talk to her about it and your preference.

If she doesn't change and you can't live with it, best bet is to let her go.

It is as simple as that.

Not simple..

Letting go is not simple..

for him to say he is getting married to her in few months time

then you know he is really deep in the relationship...

but sha anyways...na still break-up go happen...

but e no go funny
Re: She Wants To Turn To A Moslem. by Abbey2sam(m): 1:25pm On Jun 29, 2015
How can you date a christian lady for God knows how long and end up marrying a Muslim, can't you see she's insensitive

I know people would come here and say things like
religion doesn't matter so long there's love, lies

religion matters a lot, I don't have any advice for you

talk to your fiance
Re: She Wants To Turn To A Moslem. by 1kinggy(m): 1:29pm On Jun 29, 2015
quite a situation but the decision you make does not end with you. in what way (religion) do you want to raise your kids?

also, you need to know that it is too flimsy a decision to let her swing between religious, if a situation warrants her to choose atheism, she might someday.

2 Likes

Re: She Wants To Turn To A Moslem. by BUSHHUNTER: 1:35pm On Jun 29, 2015
wisefizz:

Mind u, I'm a muslim

Wisefizz's Profile
Nairaland Forum / Wisefizz's Profile
Wisefizz's Latest Topics ( View All 16
Topics | Posts )
Politics / Aregbesola Sacks Uniosun’s
Vice Chancellor, Others
by wisefizz. 2 posts & 72 views. 11:49am On
Jun 12 (crixtex)
Jokes Etc / Bad!.. GEJ'S Trekkers Caught
Having A Passionate Kiss In The Bush..
(pic)
by wisefizz. 2 posts & 691 views. 2:12pm On
May 13 (kekakuz)
Agriculture / HELP!!! I Need Guides On
How To Feed My Catfish With Local
Pelleted Feed
by wisefizz. 7 posts & 121 views. 11:07am On
May 07 (wisefizz)
Romance / My Boyfriend Lives In The Uk
by wisefizz. 16 posts & 236 views. 2:34pm On
Apr 14 (firstEVA)
Politics / Letter To Senator Bola Ahmed
Tinubu, APC Leader By Dee Jay Bassman
by wisefizz. 1 post & 81 views. 3:14pm On
Apr 09[b] (wisefizz)
(Follow This Member)
Send E-Mail Message To

wisefizz
Personal text: IN Jesus name, I PRAY
Twitter: @paulwise_me

Time registered: August 02, 2014
Time spent online: 17 days & 5 hours
Signature: ORIJIN must not be ban
View Wisefizz's posts (246) | View Wisefizz's
topics (16)

Sections Most Active In: Politics, Celebrities,
Romance[/b]
Following (2):
Nicogen4us(f), robonski15(m)
(Go Up)

Must you lie? You are a xtain

2 Likes

Re: She Wants To Turn To A Moslem. by engrshakespeare: 1:41pm On Jun 29, 2015
MuhdG:
Alhamdulillah.

If she wants to practice islam allow her and support her if you truly love her.

She must have seen the light in Islam.. so why don't you ask her to show it to you.

hehehehe

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

"We Need More People" - Tanzanian President Warns Women To Stop Taking Pills / 40-year-old Man Remanded In Prison For Enticing Married Muslim Woman / Facebook Couple Celebrate 4th Anniversary Of Meeting (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.