Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,757 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:53 AM

Appointments:uproar As Buhari Favours Northeners -PUNCH - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Appointments:uproar As Buhari Favours Northeners -PUNCH (49515 Views)

Abuja-Nasarawa Road Shut Down As Northeners Celebrate Buhari's Arrival (Photos) / Uproar As Buhari Appoints SGF, Chief Of Staff, Others - Vanguard / Appointments: Uproar As Buhari Favours Northerners(nairaland Inview) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Appointments:uproar As Buhari Favours Northeners -PUNCH by kunle1960: 9:28am On Jul 04, 2015
Anybody criticizing Buhari now is a bastard because you people left an educated man and voted for a cattle reader,what do you expect? You ain't seen nothing yet.

1 Like

Re: Appointments:uproar As Buhari Favours Northeners -PUNCH by Kirinwa: 9:28am On Jul 04, 2015
Rapsainot:
all I see in this buhari of a thing is someone that strives so hard to be in power yet he doesn't have an idea is how to share the power of democracy .......my amiable former president GOODLUCK EBELE AZIKWE JONATHAN , you are the best president NIGERIA ever had

I disagree with you on Gej being best president Nigeria ever...you say what?

Gej that witnessed the Abba Mo.ro scam? Did nothing?
Said stealing isn't corruption.
Witnessed highest looting ever
Abacha's returrned billions ever unaccounted for.

Please just go back to the sleep they woke you up from.
Re: Appointments:uproar As Buhari Favours Northeners -PUNCH by daamazing(m): 9:31am On Jul 04, 2015
Bonethugss:
Thats nice, so they quoted from Nairaland..... grin grin grin
And nah me dem come see quote
Re: Appointments:uproar As Buhari Favours Northeners -PUNCH by dckng16(m): 9:31am On Jul 04, 2015
Daddy BUBU is beginning to show us his true colors, can't wait for the ministerial list to unfold
Re: Appointments:uproar As Buhari Favours Northeners -PUNCH by Kirinwa: 9:32am On Jul 04, 2015
kunle1960:
Anybody criticizing Buhari now is a bastard because you people left an educated man and voted for a cattle reader,what do you expect? You ain't seen nothing yet.

From your name Kunle you are yoruba. Are you trying to dissociate yourself and family from the so called bastards you mentioned cos last time I checked the South West delivered.

Is it because the marriage with North is having K-leg. Oya go back to your master. Mtchew.

1 Like

Re: Appointments:uproar As Buhari Favours Northeners -PUNCH by daamazing(m): 9:34am On Jul 04, 2015
isalegan2:
Who are SenseiX, Augster and Daamazing? undecided tongue

Punch, na wah oh.
Re: Appointments:uproar As Buhari Favours Northeners -PUNCH by Brainwox(m): 9:38am On Jul 04, 2015
Who knows what's running in the minds of northerners right now? Who can tell what South easterners are thinking now? Who can ever imagine what South westerners are ruminating in their mind right now? Mr President, dont make Nigerians regret their actions of voting out the previous government to pave way for u. Respect Federal Character.
Re: Appointments:uproar As Buhari Favours Northeners -PUNCH by daamazing(m): 9:40am On Jul 04, 2015
isalegan2:
Who are SenseiX, Augster and Daamazing? undecided tongue

Punch, na wah oh.
Yes,am daamazing,wat can i do for u?
Re: Appointments:uproar As Buhari Favours Northeners -PUNCH by daamazing(m): 9:46am On Jul 04, 2015
gmus:

They are deliberately use false monica to protect dr identity.
AH dont blame u.
Re: Appointments:uproar As Buhari Favours Northeners -PUNCH by daamazing(m): 9:51am On Jul 04, 2015
augster:
we fight before?haba...where I sabi you embarassed
BOSS,ah no undastand o.
Re: Appointments:uproar As Buhari Favours Northeners -PUNCH by softwareman(m): 9:51am On Jul 04, 2015
ohenhen1:
The appointments so far are minor. The INEC and DSS appointments are temporary. We have too many people on this site that are too emotional. All this uproar is not necessary. Each state will produce at least one minister. Nigeria is a federalism. Who cares about Northerners getting inconsequential posts? As a Lagosian, all I care about is who will be

The Presidency
Minister of Finance
Minister of Petroleum
Minister of Transportation
Minister of Trade and Commerce
Minister of Agriculture
Minister of Education
Minister of Healthcare
Foreign Minister
Minister of Defense
Minister of Works
Minister of Environment
Minister of Communication
Attorney General
Minister of Power
INEC chairman
DG of Sports
COAS
SGF
EFCC chairman
FIRS boss
NSA

All of the other posts are irrelevant to me. I don't care if it is a Northerner or Southerner, as long we choose the best candidate based on merit.
Arrant nonsense. If it were to be based on merit, the appointments would be 90 to 10 in favour of the south.

3 Likes

Re: Appointments:uproar As Buhari Favours Northeners -PUNCH by sniperr007(m): 9:54am On Jul 04, 2015
MrNigeriaOne:
Calm your nerves asap!!! Not evn 1% of the FG has been appointed yet! Just a coincidence that all the early appointments happen to be northerners haven't you thought... maybe all the appointments made already were originally planned/allocated/zoned to their various geopolitical slots?

Lets c d appointment and wish zone gets juicy cabinets. Den we know if his partial or not.
Re: Appointments:uproar As Buhari Favours Northeners -PUNCH by softwareman(m): 9:56am On Jul 04, 2015
Brainwox:
Who knows what's running in the minds of northerners right now? Who can tell what South easterners are thinking now? Who can ever imagine what South westerners are ruminating in their mind right now? Mr President, dont make Nigerians regret their actions of voting out the previous government to pave way for u. Respect Federal Character.
As a southwesterner , who supported PMB, i am beginning to be worried.I
Re: Appointments:uproar As Buhari Favours Northeners -PUNCH by vikyno(m): 10:00am On Jul 04, 2015
Rapsainot:
all I see in this buhari of a thing is someone that strives so hard to be in power yet he doesn't have an idea is how to share the power of democracy .......my amiable former president GOODLUCK EBELE AZIKWE JONATHAN , you are the best president NIGERIA ever had

You are right . Don't forget one is a PHD holder while the other lost his WAEC certificate while tending cows.
#Babaonechance.
Re: Appointments:uproar As Buhari Favours Northeners -PUNCH by mustymatic(m): 10:01am On Jul 04, 2015
Only northerners can change Nigeria... All is well
Re: Appointments:uproar As Buhari Favours Northeners -PUNCH by Nobody: 10:04am On Jul 04, 2015
HE HAS OPENED THE GATES OF HELL.....SELF DESTRUCT MODE ACTIVATED
Re: Appointments:uproar As Buhari Favours Northeners -PUNCH by Tosin4u: 10:05am On Jul 04, 2015
MrNigeriaOne:
Calm your nerves asap!!! Not evn 1% of the FG has been appointed yet! Just a coincidence that all the early appointments happen to be northerners haven't you thought... maybe all the appointments made already were originally planned/allocated/zoned to their various geopolitical slots?
na so.
Re: Appointments:uproar As Buhari Favours Northeners -PUNCH by Mopolchi: 10:08am On Jul 04, 2015
daamazing:
Yes,am daamazing,wat can i do for u?
Na u talk say baba just dey do tourism. For ur mind, u don appear for punch?
Re: Appointments:uproar As Buhari Favours Northeners -PUNCH by neocortex: 10:08am On Jul 04, 2015
fanysteve:
As a tiger can't change his colours,so also PMB can't change his true-self from manifesting,this is only a lesson to christains.

We told them before election but like a lost dog , they refuse to reason opting for emotions instead.

1 Like

Re: Appointments:uproar As Buhari Favours Northeners -PUNCH by neocortex: 10:11am On Jul 04, 2015
Kirinwa:

From your name Kunle you are yoruba. Are you trying to dissociate yourself and family from the so called bastards you mentioned cos last time I checked the South West delivered.

Is it because the marriage with North is having K-leg. Oya go back to your master. Mtchew.

That he won by 500k margin in the whole of southwest should tell you that not everyone was carried away by media propaganda.
Kunle has the right to support anyone he likes regardless of the region he came from.

2 Likes

Re: Appointments:uproar As Buhari Favours Northeners -PUNCH by Nobody: 10:12am On Jul 04, 2015
denedene:
na wa o! people no de sleep for Nairaland?esp the peopke abv me. anyways! buhari should do the needful, i know it's not mandatory but some of his appointment should be outside his region
why wont they still be awake? as playful or harmless as the topic is seems...it means many things, and has the potential to mar or make the future! ever wondered why paliamentarians at times resort to exchanging blows fisticuffs et al? these are some of the very reason

1 Like

Re: Appointments:uproar As Buhari Favours Northeners -PUNCH by daamazing(m): 10:13am On Jul 04, 2015
gmus:

i eventually found out dt d monikers are real and authentic. use naira land search.
U dey mind am
Re: Appointments:uproar As Buhari Favours Northeners -PUNCH by mckay06(m): 10:17am On Jul 04, 2015
Buhari, Buhariiiiiiiiiiii, Buhariiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii, how many times did I call you? U hav brain to think, not anus.
Re: Appointments:uproar As Buhari Favours Northeners -PUNCH by daamazing(m): 10:18am On Jul 04, 2015
Mopolchi:
Na u talk say baba just dey do tourism. For ur mind, u don appear for punch?
LOL,Abi nau.
MORNING
Re: Appointments:uproar As Buhari Favours Northeners -PUNCH by softwareman(m): 10:19am On Jul 04, 2015
alexlee50:
I dey laugh. This wouldn't have been a problem if the Yorubas were getting appointment along side these fulanis and the rest of the South was left out. You would heard things like, he has to appoint the best qualified, do away with quota system. Now they are getting the short end of the stick, they are going around various social media platforms crying that all the appointments made so far are in favour of the North. This is just the beginning. The northerners have once again shown they are the masters of the game. I carry yansh, for the North, dem dey try. With the sagacity they showed in managing Tinubu's influence in the APC. This was what wise men foresaw and wanted the south to close ranks to produce a leader, but dem no gree. The drama just started, northerners make una carry go.
I think you are confused. Are u saying all southerners should have voted for a failed president and a failed party because Jonathan is a Christian and a southerner?
there is no diffrence between you IGBOS and the northerners you are condemning:YOU ARE BOTH ETHNIC AND RELIGIOUS BIGOT.
Understand this: most people eventually voted AGAINST JONATHAN and not so much for buhari. It was your people that voted 100% for a clueless, incompstent Jonathan out of ethnic and religious sentiment.
You talk of northerners when you people are so hateful of Yorubas and HAUSAS.
As a Yoruba, I voted my conscience because I know Jonathan's four more years will ruin the country. I HAVE NO REGRET.
AS FOR WHAT BUHARI AND NORTHERNERS ARE DOING NOW, I AM BLOODY DISSAPOINTED. BUT I HAVE NO REGRET VOTING OUT JONATHAN.
TO HELL WITH YOUR HATEFUL, BITTER ETHNIC RANTING.

1 Like

Re: Appointments:uproar As Buhari Favours Northeners -PUNCH by augster(m): 10:20am On Jul 04, 2015
daamazing:
BOSS,ah no undastand o.
I tire too o
Re: Appointments:uproar As Buhari Favours Northeners -PUNCH by Misternas89(m): 10:25am On Jul 04, 2015
Aystarz:

This is the only country in the world where from responses to social issues, news, politics etal, one can't really tell illiterates from the 'self-acclaimed' educated.
One look at NL comments is enuff to buttress my point.

The average Nigerian is a 'born' tribalist ...... but worse still an unrepentant bigot!

Change; dead on arrival and just might never come!
And what r you insinuating guy?
Re: Appointments:uproar As Buhari Favours Northeners -PUNCH by ZeezaRapture(m): 10:29am On Jul 04, 2015
Na wa oo. Am just speechless
Re: Appointments:uproar As Buhari Favours Northeners -PUNCH by Godsonkemz(m): 10:37am On Jul 04, 2015
Nice write-up but unfortunately failed to capture all the geopolitical zones just as the writer centres interest on south west yorubas. South south and South east were rarely mentioned. At least a position was given to south west unlike the rest.
Re: Appointments:uproar As Buhari Favours Northeners -PUNCH by Nobody: 10:57am On Jul 04, 2015
Misternas89:

And what r you insinuating guy?
its true na... he is tryin to say every nigerian is sentimental, bigoted tribalist like Orubebe rightly pointed he other time for the whole world to see, that there is a difference between indigeneship and citizenship and so long as nigerian is concerned indigene supercedes citizen. even my 5 years old cousin knows this and tell me tales of these same ugly things he encounters in class! check homes, schools, civil service lipsrsealed to see the unprecedented tribalism for yourself then you will understand. than God for MOG like Winners Bishop...our country by now would have been in tarters
Re: Appointments:uproar As Buhari Favours Northeners -PUNCH by FOLLOWJESUS: 10:59am On Jul 04, 2015
rozayx5:
http://www.punchng.com/news/appointments-uproar-as-buhari-favours-northerners/
People are talking as if Buhari is a stranger. When Buhari took over power in military coup in 1983 his action and how he handled the politicians shows the kind of person he is,Buhari punished the southern politicians and spared all the northern politicians,d vp Akwueme was taken to kirikiri prison while shagari was under house arest in ikoyi mansion,Ajasin who was innocent was tried several times and was aquited yet Buhari did not let him go,whether u believe it or not Buhari is here to impliment northern agenda.Buhari is a highly trabalistic person and religious bigot,he may find it dificult to manage the diversity of Nigeria's ethenicity which is very complex,well we are wAtching.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Sex Party: El-Rufai's Son's House Should Also Be Demolished - Reno Omokri / Boko Haram/ISWAP Appoint Abba-Kaka As Governor Of Tumbumma, Borno / Hushpuppi: Abba Kyari ‘knowingly Conspired To Commit Wire Fraud’, US Alleges

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.