Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,333 members, 7,811,974 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:28 AM

Appointments:uproar As Buhari Favours Northeners -PUNCH - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Appointments:uproar As Buhari Favours Northeners -PUNCH (49498 Views)

Abuja-Nasarawa Road Shut Down As Northeners Celebrate Buhari's Arrival (Photos) / Uproar As Buhari Appoints SGF, Chief Of Staff, Others - Vanguard / Appointments: Uproar As Buhari Favours Northerners(nairaland Inview) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Appointments:uproar As Buhari Favours Northeners -PUNCH by bigerboy200: 6:56am On Jul 04, 2015
ORACLE1975:

Elections have consequences, fellow bloggers. GEJ has
his weak points, but high level lopsidedness was not
one of them. The North was more than adequately
accommodated in appointments and projects in his
regime. Having said that, the most important thing is
the appointees’ ability to deliver. If they will deliver to
the nation irrespective of region, there will be no
problem. The most important criteria are competence
and non partisanship in their spread of dividends.

God bless you for this comment..In as much as every zone in d country should have a sense of belonging in Govt,competence should still be the leading yardstick,cos these appointments are what will make or mar d adminstration.GEJ may hav provided a kind of ballance during his time,but d question is ''were they competent and up to d task''?..what shall it profit me,if my brother is a minister,and i can't feel or see the dividends due to his incompetence??I think i'll rather prefer a competent stranger to an incompetent brother...

2 Likes

Re: Appointments:uproar As Buhari Favours Northeners -PUNCH by Visocrate(m): 6:57am On Jul 04, 2015
this spells dome for the country's polity and the beginning of the end of his governance in government we said it before that this man is bias but because we wanted change in governance we elected him and this is what we stand to get later they will say one Nigeria thunder fire una with that one nonsense

1 Like

Re: Appointments:uproar As Buhari Favours Northeners -PUNCH by Nobody: 6:58am On Jul 04, 2015
[size=20pt]He is begining to show his true colours. more 'change' is yet to come.[/size]

4 Likes

Re: Appointments:uproar As Buhari Favours Northeners -PUNCH by thegoodone2(m): 6:58am On Jul 04, 2015
Nigrian make a great mistake. GEJ is the best.

2 Likes

Re: Appointments:uproar As Buhari Favours Northeners -PUNCH by tolustx(m): 6:59am On Jul 04, 2015
Why d uproar now. I thought they had so much confidence in him that he won't be bias in choosing his cabinet members b4 going ahead and voting for him and his party. Y'all shud exercise patience till he has appointed ministers and all his advisers and oda key posts b4 complaining.

SmH. Nigerians all on a long thing.

4 Likes

Re: Appointments:uproar As Buhari Favours Northeners -PUNCH by Nobody: 7:02am On Jul 04, 2015
aryzgreat:
The dullard is Yet to show his true colour, it baffles me that even yorubas are complaining as well

Don't be baffled by the reaction of Yoruba. They seem to have the memory of a gold fish.

The slavish kotowing to the North is what baffles me especially given the antecedents of the North towards them. This is even more remarkable when you consider their animosity towards the igbos - a people they have far more in common with. Eighty percent of the weddings I have attended in London in recent years have been between Yoruba and Igbo. The average Yoruba owned church teems with igbos etc.

Let me ask you Yorubas, how many of your prominent men has an Igbo / ijaw man killed or jailed ? How many have the Northerners killed, jailed ?

Abiola , Dele Giwa, Kudirat etc must be spinning in their graves. Shame on all of you that supported this Northern agenda.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Appointments:uproar As Buhari Favours Northeners -PUNCH by sleezy106(m): 7:03am On Jul 04, 2015
that man na old man no be him the make the appointment na Ahmed joda
Re: Appointments:uproar As Buhari Favours Northeners -PUNCH by hebenezher(m): 7:08am On Jul 04, 2015
ALL THESE INSANE IGBO, LOOKING FOR ONE WRONG/MISTAKE TO CRITICIZE BUHARI WILL END UP PERISHING IN THE LAGOON, YOU'VE ONCE BE TOLD. SO, IT'S HIGH TIME YOU STARTED MINDING WHAT YOU POST AS TO AVOID THE NEMESIS AT THE END. OP, HAD IT BEEN YOU'RE A HEAD OF A PLACE, I'M ASSUMING IT.(CAUSE I BELIEVE BEING A HEAD FOR YOU IS UNDER-PROBABILITY. CAUSE HE WHO CRITICIZE ANOTHER WILL NEVER DO GOOD). WILL YOU ALLOW YOUR PEOPLE TO SURFER? YOU SHOULD THINK. BASH ME, IT'LL BE A PLEASURE REPLYING.. THANK YOU!!! undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Appointments:uproar As Buhari Favours Northeners -PUNCH by Nobody: 7:09am On Jul 04, 2015
It's winner takes all. Buhari should and must take Everything. All ministries must go to the North. You southerners are baboons. Shikena.

3 Likes

Re: Appointments:uproar As Buhari Favours Northeners -PUNCH by olutunde12(m): 7:09am On Jul 04, 2015
MrNigeriaOne:
Calm your nerves asap!!! Not evn 1% of the FG has been appointed yet! Just a coincidence that all the early appointments happen to be northerners haven't you thought... maybe all the appointments made already were originally planned/allocated/zoned to their various geopolitical slots?

Your sentiment is noted. We should wait until he had appointed northern Muslims into all the positions before we talk? Well we are not all f**ls!

1 Like

Re: Appointments:uproar As Buhari Favours Northeners -PUNCH by bombay: 7:15am On Jul 04, 2015
You guys have not seen jack yet, the Abokinazation and the Fulanization of Nigeria has just begun.Enjoy the change grin sipping my gin and tonic

1 Like

Re: Appointments:uproar As Buhari Favours Northeners -PUNCH by UncleJudax(m): 7:28am On Jul 04, 2015
donwilly3:
Oya come and still support him. But it is no fair at all ooo. The one DAT pains me is dat of inec chairman who handed over to a southern er but was reversed in oda to appoint a Northerner
Which southerner be that, Ambassador Wali?
Re: Appointments:uproar As Buhari Favours Northeners -PUNCH by Alfranco(m): 7:28am On Jul 04, 2015
tonytony208:
it only happens that that "coincidental" 1% makes up a large chunk of the most important appointments.

The game plan is just unfolding bro. As far as main federal appointment is concerned, majority or the most important posts must go to their ilks. Some of our SouthWest leaders in their party that was warned are now ashamed and aggrieved. Good for them! They must face the SAI music chants squarely with those who choose to follow them.

1 Like

Re: Appointments:uproar As Buhari Favours Northeners -PUNCH by dayodare49o: 7:28am On Jul 04, 2015
rozayx5:
http://www.punchng.com/news/appointments-uproar-as-buhari-favours-northerners/
World has really ended. How will the masters be ruling and the slaves complaining? The northerners have said and proved that they are born to rule. Who does not like it should come and take rope.
Re: Appointments:uproar As Buhari Favours Northeners -PUNCH by uzzyphilip(m): 7:29am On Jul 04, 2015
NNPC with recent board appointees is now known as #Northern Nigeria Petroleum Corporation, so bad with this mantra of change mtcheeeeewww grin grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Appointments:uproar As Buhari Favours Northeners -PUNCH by olutunde12(m): 7:29am On Jul 04, 2015
[quote author=bigerboy200 post=35462644]

God bless you for this comment..In as much as every zone in d country should have a sense of belonging in Govt,competence should still be the leading yardstick,cos these appointments are what will make or mar d adminstration.GEJ may hav provided a kind of ballance during his time,but d question is ''were they competent and up to d task''?..what shall it profit me,if my brother is a minister,and i can't feel or see the dividends due to his incompetence??I think i

So, it is only the northerners that re competent? The north dominated the army, navy etc last time yet they blamed jonathan for their failure to cub insurgents. Buhari said they are winning the war against boko haram. How will buhari fight his boys? Today he said they will dialogue with them. Meanwhile, boko hram continues maiming and killing. All appointments from the north but boko haram prisoners moved to the south to reason for his planned attacks on the south.

1 Like

Re: Appointments:uproar As Buhari Favours Northeners -PUNCH by haqueurate(m): 7:29am On Jul 04, 2015
Today buhary has not apointed ministers, tomorrow buhary has apointed only northaners.
jonathan that refused to appoint a south westerner through out his entire tenure far, yeye separatist wailing wailers
keep crying they will soon anounce your brothers own ( he is actually rolling on the floor laughing at how gullible you are with his pay back joke grin )
#wailing wailers cry
Re: Appointments:uproar As Buhari Favours Northeners -PUNCH by Nobody: 7:30am On Jul 04, 2015
All say "CHANGE".....CHANGE.

Make una enjoy change here o. All the Yorubas who team up and gang-voted GEJ out, your expectation is here for you to enjoy.

1 Like

Re: Appointments:uproar As Buhari Favours Northeners -PUNCH by Nobody: 7:38am On Jul 04, 2015
MrNigeriaOne:
Calm your nerves asap!!! Not evn 1% of the FG has been appointed yet! Just a coincidence that all the early appointments happen to be northerners haven't you thought... maybe all the appointments made already were originally planned/allocated/zoned to their various geopolitical slots?

When will you stop deceiving yourself? The handwriting is already in the wall for all to read, and yet you still choose not to see.

How come that Jega handed over to Yoruba man but he came and fixed a northerner. In the other case, he had to call back a retiree to come head a vital position again when we already have efficient hands in the house who are not northerners. All of una wey for change, indeed, change is here.

3 Likes

Re: Appointments:uproar As Buhari Favours Northeners -PUNCH by ugia(f): 7:38am On Jul 04, 2015
Why is the social media agog with cries of sectionalism in the appointments so far made? I thought we are one Nigerian - a place where ethnic bias is supposed to have evaporated from our psyche and have gone past this. We say the President's appointments is skewed towards a particular section of the country and so what? My take is that the President reserves the right to appoint whoever he feels he can work with to deliver the dividends of democracy. Take the DSS as a typical example. They threw the principle of neutrality to the dogs and allowed themselves to be used as a tool for getting back at political opponents. They derailed in the discharge of their duties and became so political. As it stands, the DSS need a total reorientation and reengineering for them to appreciate what their primary responsibility is. If it takes the President to realize this and he decides to pick some one from outside that he is sure of his antecedents and can deliver, the much we can do as citizens is to support him. Lets also look at the appointment of the Accountant General of the Federation. His appointment was based on merit. All DFAs of MDAs across the federation sat for an examination and the best man was picked.
Lets look at the cup as half full than half empty and rise from our primordial sentiments. Nigeria will be good again.

1 Like

Re: Appointments:uproar As Buhari Favours Northeners -PUNCH by Evaromantik(m): 7:39am On Jul 04, 2015
Buhari in my Dictionary
Buhari: {bu:hari} noun; An aged person who have the lust for political power in a country without respect to political characters
e.g: GMB is a buhari to Nigerian government
Re: Appointments:uproar As Buhari Favours Northeners -PUNCH by OROSUNBOLB(m): 7:40am On Jul 04, 2015
Nigeria belongs to everybody and it belongs to nobody! Buhari needs to quickly understand this fact and avoid unnecessary problem for his government. The era of one region lording it over the rest is dead and buried in Nigeria. The southern people,especially the Yorubas are more than capable of creating serious problems for Buhari's administration if he continues with his insensitive appointments. You are elected to provide a true leadership for the country and not to pursue a useless northern hegemonic agenda. This is 2015,the Youth of this Country are technologically advanced- Nigeria won't survive another civil war. Mr President,be careful and always be guided by this fact- Nigeria belongs to everybody and it belongs to nobody!
Re: Appointments:uproar As Buhari Favours Northeners -PUNCH by MisterSam(m): 7:40am On Jul 04, 2015
[/color]This seems to b heading towards a negative change o[color=]This seems to b heading towards a negative change oThis seems to b heading towards a negative change o
Re: Appointments:uproar As Buhari Favours Northeners -PUNCH by rozayx5(m): 7:44am On Jul 04, 2015
haqueurate:
Today buhary has not apointed ministers, tomorrow buhary has apointed only northaners.
jonathan that refused to appoint a south westerner through out his entire tenure far, yeye separatist wailing wailers
keep crying they will soon anounce your brothers own ( he is actually rolling on the floor laughing at how gullible you are with his pay back joke grin )
#wailing wailers cry

q dulllad finally cheesy
Re: Appointments:uproar As Buhari Favours Northeners -PUNCH by poseidon12: 7:44am On Jul 04, 2015
ohenhen1:
The appointments so far are minor. The INEC and DSS appointments are temporary. We have too many people on this site that are too emotional. All this uproar is not necessary. Each state will produce at least one minister. Nigeria is a federalism. Who cares about Northerners getting inconsequential posts? As a Lagosian, all I care about is who will be

The Presidency
Minister of Finance
Minister of Petroleum
Minister of Transportation
Minister of Trade and Commerce
Minister of Agriculture
Minister of Education
Minister of Healthcare
Foreign Minister
Minister of Defense
Minister of Works
Minister of Environment
Minister of Communication
Attorney General
Minister of Power
INEC chairman
DG of Sports
COAS
SGF
EFCC chairman
FIRS boss
NSA

All of the other posts are irrelevant to me. I don't care if it is a Northerner or Southerner, as long we choose the best candidate based on merit.
You really need to care who occupies what position in this country. The average Nigerian is a tribalist. So we need to balance things out so that no region is marginalized. Don't be naive about Nigeria.
Re: Appointments:uproar As Buhari Favours Northeners -PUNCH by UncleJudax(m): 7:45am On Jul 04, 2015
bigerboy200:

God bless you for this comment..In as much as every zone in d country should have a sense of belonging in Govt,competence should still be the leading yardstick,cos these appointments are what will make or mar d adminstration.GEJ may hav provided a kind of ballance during his time,but d question is ''were they competent and up to d task''?..what shall it profit me,if my brother is a minister,and i can't feel or see the dividends due to his incompetence??I think i'll rather prefer a competent stranger to an incompetent brother...
Hahaha. You funny gan! Competence my left butt-cheek grin
Re: Appointments:uproar As Buhari Favours Northeners -PUNCH by sarutobie(m): 7:46am On Jul 04, 2015
nwaenugu:

Don't be baffled by the reaction of Yoruba. They seem to have the memory of a gold fish.

The slavish kotowing to the North is what baffles me especially given the antecedents of the North towards them. This is even more remarkable when you consider their animosity towards the igbos - a people they have far more in common with. Eighty percent of the weddings I have attended in London in recent years have been between Yoruba and Igbo. The average Yoruba owned church teems with igbos etc.

Let me ask you Yorubas, how many of your prominent men has an Igbo / ijaw man killed or jailed ? How many have the Northerners killed, jailed ?

Abiola , Dele Giwa, Kudirat etc must be spinning in their graves. Shame on all of you that supported this Northern agenda.
ironical truths my brother. .ironical truths.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Appointments:uproar As Buhari Favours Northeners -PUNCH by Davidegede: 7:49am On Jul 04, 2015
Rapsainot:
all I see in this buhari of a thing is someone that strives so hard to be in power yet he doesn't have an idea is how to share the power of democracy .......my amiable former president GOODLUCK EBELE AZIKWE JONATHAN , you are the best president NIGERIA ever had

yes o! dis is northern agenda loading o. r u ppl surprised? but i told u ppl b4 nah, buhari is a tribalist nah;wen buhari was military head of state he jailed politicians frm d vice president down while he put shagari only under house arrest, eg 2; a southerner was contesting 4 an international post wit a Nigerian,buhari voted against d man frm southern nigeria & voted 4 d man frm niger. GEJ is far far beta!

1 Like

Re: Appointments:uproar As Buhari Favours Northeners -PUNCH by innocent1(m): 7:52am On Jul 04, 2015
I don't expect all those that voted for him to complain at all. Expecially people from the south west who Campaigned for him as if he is a saint that knows no evil. You all sold out the country to him. My fear now is that the northerners are easily brain washed, and this are the same group that will go with him to meet with Obama the anti-christ on the 21st of this month to discuss issues bordering Nigeria. Hope they will not be brainwashed to force Nigeria into signing the same-sex-marriage into law? Let's keep our fingers cross

2 Likes

Re: Appointments:uproar As Buhari Favours Northeners -PUNCH by poseidon12: 7:55am On Jul 04, 2015
fejicruz:
Baba, I am an ardent supporter of change. Pls let the change reflect in ur appointments. I do not want to believe that you are ethnocentric. Because if you are, I will be waiting for you in 2019 with my PVC to bring about another change again.

I believe Buhari is not corrupt, but I have always felt that he is very ethnocentric. An ethnically diverse country like Nigeria does not need a tribalist for President.
As for waiting for Buhari in 2019, I don't think he will be running then. So he may not care. I think we have entered one chance.
Re: Appointments:uproar As Buhari Favours Northeners -PUNCH by feedburner(m): 7:56am On Jul 04, 2015
rozayx5:
http://www.punchng.com/news/appointments-uproar-as-buhari-favours-northerners/

No, It's is acceptable and I commend sai buhari to move all appointments to the north. one Nigeria indeed!

well to the damnation, the zoological republic of Nigeria where North is different from south and east different from west.
Biafra on my mind.

1 Like

Re: Appointments:uproar As Buhari Favours Northeners -PUNCH by poseidon12: 7:58am On Jul 04, 2015
fejicruz:
Baba, I am an ardent supporter of change. Pls let the change reflect in ur appointments. I do not want to believe that you are ethnocentric. Because if you are, I will be waiting for you in 2019 with my PVC to bring about another change again.

I believe Buhari is not corrupt, but I have always felt that he is very ethnocentric. An ethnically diverse country like Nigeria does not need an ethnocentric for President.
As for waiting for Buhari in 2019, I don't think he will be running then. So he may not care. I think we have entered one chance.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Fayose Receives Corpses Of Ekiti Doctors (Photos) / Why Chief Of Staff Position Under Buhari Presidency Is Powerful / The Beautiful City Of Abakaliki, Ebonyi State (pics/video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.