Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,353 members, 7,812,004 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:05 AM

Appointments:uproar As Buhari Favours Northeners -PUNCH - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Appointments:uproar As Buhari Favours Northeners -PUNCH (49501 Views)

Abuja-Nasarawa Road Shut Down As Northeners Celebrate Buhari's Arrival (Photos) / Uproar As Buhari Appoints SGF, Chief Of Staff, Others - Vanguard / Appointments: Uproar As Buhari Favours Northerners(nairaland Inview) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Appointments:uproar As Buhari Favours Northeners -PUNCH by UncleJudax(m): 7:59am On Jul 04, 2015
geostar:

you are also from north......sharaap man.
bro una fit put una pple 4 dere but una no go fit take over nigeria. if buari do any how na 4yrs him go fit reach.
Before nko. Na one term na. Abi una go get
mind vote am again after the old age brouhaha?
Re: Appointments:uproar As Buhari Favours Northeners -PUNCH by gmus: 8:02am On Jul 04, 2015
augster:
we fight before?haba...where I sabi you embarassed

i mean punch used false monikers in their article.
Re: Appointments:uproar As Buhari Favours Northeners -PUNCH by gmus: 8:09am On Jul 04, 2015
augster:
we fight before?haba...where I sabi you embarassed

oh. i didn't even look at d miniker. Wow so those monikers actually exist. Interesting.
Re: Appointments:uproar As Buhari Favours Northeners -PUNCH by Classicool(m): 8:10am On Jul 04, 2015
Hmmm... I still dy watch I reserve my comment till he appoints his minister and other will hit the ground at end of the year... Don't worry February 16,2016 we go know what is what and who is who for this country... But my advice for buari is to not play a northern govt 4 9ja because... The prediction is that Nigeria is going to disintegrate this year and some prophecies has it the way we handle the situation will determine if Nigeria here to stay or would fall that's within this year and 2017. But Buhari is handling the situation very absurd manner.
Re: Appointments:uproar As Buhari Favours Northeners -PUNCH by bigerboy200: 8:10am On Jul 04, 2015
[quote author=olutunde12 post=35463291][/quote]

it's even too early to conclude that all the key appointments will go to the north..all we hav seen so far are litttle pockets of appointments..The major ones which are d ministers will obviously not be loopsided,same with service staffs...
Re: Appointments:uproar As Buhari Favours Northeners -PUNCH by augster(m): 8:17am On Jul 04, 2015
gmus:

oh. i didn't even look at d miniker. Wow so those monikers actually exist. Interesting.
yes o...and that wasn't what I said...quoting me wrongly
Re: Appointments:uproar As Buhari Favours Northeners -PUNCH by bejeria101(m): 8:20am On Jul 04, 2015
Last cow bender! Who is the cluesless one? Your BH boys no dey observe ramadan?
Re: Appointments:uproar As Buhari Favours Northeners -PUNCH by Kenobus: 8:24am On Jul 04, 2015
The election of GMB was done by trick so things can never be okay with them. This is exactly what Rebekah and Jacob did to Isaac and Esau. There is God. Jega massively rigged for Buhari

2 Likes

Re: Appointments:uproar As Buhari Favours Northeners -PUNCH by liongirl: 8:28am On Jul 04, 2015
rozayx5:
http://www.punchng.com/news/appointments-uproar-as-buhari-favours-northerners/
u people wanted change and u got it q Fulani man who doesn't care an old man without a certificate. I fear for the unity of Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Appointments:uproar As Buhari Favours Northeners -PUNCH by obxddon(m): 8:31am On Jul 04, 2015
In the voice of calabar south boys.... "Una never chi-chum-chin"
Re: Appointments:uproar As Buhari Favours Northeners -PUNCH by liongirl: 8:31am On Jul 04, 2015
rozayx5:
http://www.punchng.com/news/appointments-uproar-as-buhari-favours-northerners/
u people wanted change and u got it who doesn't care an old man without a certificate. I fear for the unity of Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Appointments:uproar As Buhari Favours Northeners -PUNCH by lastpage: 8:34am On Jul 04, 2015
So, Its time to blame Buhari now, right?

Okay, let me refresh our minds a bit:
Who are those that "supported and appointed Saraki and Dangora" as pricipla officers of the NASS?
Was it Buhari... or PDP members of the Ibo extraction, who prefered to cut-off their nose, just to spite their face?
Their intention back then was to spite Yorubas by ensuring that a far better person and a Southerner in the name of Gbajabiamila never emerged!

Now, it is the same Eediots that are shouting Buhari has apportioned all Posts to the North!
Good for ya!
shocked shocked shocked

There is an adage which says that "He who points ONE wicked finger at somebody, the other remaining FOUR wicked fingers are pointing at that same person doing the pointing" grin grin

And to think of it, Jonathan did not fare better in his own Government, with most of the juicy posts like Petroleum Minister, going to his S/South and South East folks.

As far as l am concerned, Buhari can as well appoint his wife, the Minister for Petroleum.... if he thinks they would DELIVER on performance.

All these Moaning and Whining about intangible things should stop.
HATERS and Children of ANGER should stop making issues out of everything, just to smear the image of PMB.
It doesn't work.

Lastpage!
Re: Appointments:uproar As Buhari Favours Northeners -PUNCH by lastpage: 8:37am On Jul 04, 2015
gmus:

i mean punch used false monikers in their article.

The article is obviously SPONSORED to cause mischief so dont be surprised that the said "Monikers" are FAKE!
We know those behind this nonsense are the same people who are judging PMB's administration, just after three days in office!
shocked shocked

Stewpid bunch of Eediots......senseless and jobless SaTANoids!

Lastpage!
Re: Appointments:uproar As Buhari Favours Northeners -PUNCH by Viktor1983(m): 8:39am On Jul 04, 2015
Una never see something..... Ndi Mgbu!

2 Likes

Re: Appointments:uproar As Buhari Favours Northeners -PUNCH by wispraise: 8:39am On Jul 04, 2015
Una never see anything,this country was never meant to be one,more to come from the farmer and more surprise to his voters.

2 Likes

Re: Appointments:uproar As Buhari Favours Northeners -PUNCH by gmus: 8:44am On Jul 04, 2015
bigerboy200:

God bless you for this comment..In as much as every zone in d country should have a sense of belonging in Govt,competence should still be the leading yardstick,cos these appointments are what will make or mar d adminstration.GEJ may hav provided a kind of ballance during his time,but d question is ''were they competent and up to d task''?..what shall it profit me,if my brother is a minister,and i can't feel or see the dividends due to his incompetence??I think i'll rather prefer a competent stranger to an incompetent brother...

This.makes a.world of sense.I really see through ur eyes. (one of those likes are from me).
Re: Appointments:uproar As Buhari Favours Northeners -PUNCH by obxddon(m): 8:44am On Jul 04, 2015
Kenobus:
The election of GMB was done by trick so things can never be okay with them. This is exactly what Rebekah and Jacob did to Isaac and Esau. There is God. Jega massively rigged for Buhari

The Nigerian Civil War, also known as the Biafran War, 6 July 1967 – 15 January 1970, was a war fought to counter the secession of Biafra from Nigeria. Biafra represented nationalist aspirations of the Igbo people, whose leadership felt they could no longer coexist with the Northern-dominated federal government. The conflict resulted from political, economic, ethnic, cultural and religious tensions which preceded Britain's formal decolonization of Nigeria from 1960–1963.

2 Likes

Re: Appointments:uproar As Buhari Favours Northeners -PUNCH by Agrika: 8:49am On Jul 04, 2015
ORACLE1975:

Elections have consequences, fellow bloggers. GEJ has
his weak points, but high level lopsidedness was not
one of them. The North was more than adequately
accommodated in appointments and projects in his
regime. Having said that, the most important thing is
the appointees’ ability to deliver. If they will deliver to
the nation irrespective of region, there will be no
problem. The most important criteria are competence
and non partisanship in their spread of dividends.
Finally who has the guts to point out the truth
Re: Appointments:uproar As Buhari Favours Northeners -PUNCH by 989900: 8:53am On Jul 04, 2015
sunshine1974:
D truth is that the South is always afraid to marginalize the North when in power but the North doesn't give a fuckkk when they are in power, they care less about the south. If u ask me I think the southerners are just second class citizens in their own country. If u think d north give a fuckkk about u just wake up from ur sleep pls because dey don't care.

Simply because, the South is far more educated and civilized than the North.

If only OBJ and GEJ's administration were some legacies to drool over, that would have put the south in an advantageous position.
Re: Appointments:uproar As Buhari Favours Northeners -PUNCH by ehis05(m): 8:53am On Jul 04, 2015
if he likes he shud appoint all family members as ministers....so far dey can get d job done
Re: Appointments:uproar As Buhari Favours Northeners -PUNCH by gmus: 8:54am On Jul 04, 2015
ugia:
Why is the social media agog with cries of sectionalism in the appointments so far made? I thought we are one Nigerian - a place where ethnic bias is supposed to have evaporated from our psyche and have gone past this. We say the President's appointments is skewed towards a particular section of the country and so what? My take is that the President reserves the right to appoint whoever he feels he can work with to deliver the dividends of democracy. Take the DSS as a typical example. They threw the principle of neutrality to the dogs and allowed themselves to be used as a tool for getting back at political opponents. They derailed in the discharge of their duties and became so political. As it stands, the DSS need a total reorientation and reengineering for them to appreciate what their primary responsibility is. If it takes the President to realize this and he decides to pick some one from outside that he is sure of his antecedents and can deliver, the much we can do as citizens is to support him. Lets also look at the appointment of the Accountant General of the Federation. His appointment was based on merit. All DFAs of MDAs across the federation sat for an examination and the best man was picked.
Lets look at the cup as half full than half empty and rise from our primordial sentiments. Nigeria will be good again.

This too makes sense.
Re: Appointments:uproar As Buhari Favours Northeners -PUNCH by mp3flip: 8:54am On Jul 04, 2015
Moment judge recognised school friend in dock - BBC News : http://www.utubes.org/watch/wSN8L2SrZOg

You can now download all your youtube videos and mp3 at http://www.utubes.org

just right click on video and save video to download..

Remember to share with your friends, comment about your experience here,and like our site..

Thanks

Re: Appointments:uproar As Buhari Favours Northeners -PUNCH by rozayx5(m): 8:56am On Jul 04, 2015
just another dollard undecided

lastpage:
So, Its time to blame Buhari now, right?

Okay, let me refresh our minds a bit:
Who are those that "supported and appointed Saraki and Dangora" as pricipla officers of the NASS?
Was it Buhari... or PDP members of the Ibo extraction, who prefered to cut-off their nose, just to spite their face?
Their intention back then was to spite Yorubas by ensuring that a far better person and a Southerner in the name of Gbajabiamila never emerged!

Now, it is the same Eediots that are shouting Buhari has apportioned all Posts to the North!
Good for ya!
shocked shocked shocked

There is an adage which says that "He who points ONE wicked finger at somebody, the other remaining FOUR wicked fingers are pointing at that same person doing the pointing" grin grin

And to think of it, Jonathan did not fare better in his own Government, with most of the juicy posts like Petroleum Minister, going to his S/South and South East folks.

As far as l am concerned, Buhari can as well appoint his wife, the Minister for Petroleum.... if he thinks they would DELIVER on performance.

All these Moaning and Whining about intangible things should stop.
HATERS and Children of ANGER should stop making issues out of everything, just to smear the image of PMB.
It doesn't work.

Lastpage!

1 Like

Re: Appointments:uproar As Buhari Favours Northeners -PUNCH by Uchwilliam(m): 8:56am On Jul 04, 2015
BIAFRA IN MY MIND

2 Likes

Re: Appointments:uproar As Buhari Favours Northeners -PUNCH by gmus: 8:57am On Jul 04, 2015
lastpage:

The article is obviously SPONSORED to cause mischief so dont be surprised that the said "Monikers" are FAKE!
We know those behind this nonsense are the same people who are judging PMB's administration, just after three days in office!
shocked shocked

Stewpid bunch of Eediots......senseless and jobless SaTANoids!

Lastpage!

i eventually found out dt d monikers are real and authentic. use naira land search.

1 Like

Re: Appointments:uproar As Buhari Favours Northeners -PUNCH by Adonis86(m): 9:03am On Jul 04, 2015
A president without credentials; Atleast,i believe that we all have seen the need why we need enlightened men in power.

2 Likes

Re: Appointments:uproar As Buhari Favours Northeners -PUNCH by chebyshev(m): 9:15am On Jul 04, 2015
Your post is the best so far on this discussion
gmus:

This too makes sense.
Re: Appointments:uproar As Buhari Favours Northeners -PUNCH by gmus: 9:18am On Jul 04, 2015
chebyshev:
Your post is the best so far on this discussion

Thank.you.
Re: Appointments:uproar As Buhari Favours Northeners -PUNCH by Junipero: 9:19am On Jul 04, 2015
Rapsainot:
all I see in this buhari of a thing is someone that strives so hard to be in power yet he doesn't have an idea is how to share the power of democracy .......my amiable former president GOODLUCK EBELE AZIKWE JONATHAN , you are the best president NIGERIA ever had

So u have been waiting just to say this. Pray and hope that the current presido does well else we all suffer.

GEJ is done. GMB is here. He's our presido grin
Re: Appointments:uproar As Buhari Favours Northeners -PUNCH by OrlandoOwoh(m): 9:24am On Jul 04, 2015
uzzyphilip:
NNPC with recent board appointees is now known as #Northern Nigeria Petroleum Corporation, so bad with this mantra of change mtcheeeeewww grin grin
Lier, na you appoint new board for NNPC? The last time I checked, it was dissolved.
Re: Appointments:uproar As Buhari Favours Northeners -PUNCH by shenisaac(m): 9:26am On Jul 04, 2015
MrNigeriaOne:
Calm your nerves asap!!! Not evn 1% of the FG has been appointed yet! Just a coincidence that all the early appointments happen to be northerners haven't you thought... maybe all the appointments made already were originally planned/allocated/zoned to their various geopolitical slots?

Hmmm... I want to agree with you sha. Am a stout pro-buhari man but these appointments are giving me concern. Yes some of those posts can be said to be zoned to the north- e.g DSS- but I don't like the fact that INEC chair still stayed back north. And the accountant general...kai! I don't like this. I trust his discretion. He is a wise man and I trust he ll do the needful.

PS: the argument that the appointments were based on merit is rather lame. There are many competent men in Nigeria to choose from, not only up north. By the way, I am a northerner

2 Likes

Re: Appointments:uproar As Buhari Favours Northeners -PUNCH by Brainwox(m): 9:27am On Jul 04, 2015
bigerboy200:

it's even too early to conclude that all the key appointments will go to the north..all we hav seen so far are litttle pockets of appointments..The major ones which are d ministers will obviously not be loopsided,same with service staffs...
How saturday go be, na from friday u go know. Out of nine appointments so far, eight is from the north, habaaaa!!! Not even five or six. Pls stop defending what's undefendable.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Fani-Kayode: "Jimoh Ibrahim Is The Biggest Judas In Nigerian Politics Today" / Omoyele Sowore Pushing Wheelbarrow In Owerri: What Really Happened / Tony Tetuila's New Campaign Poster (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.