Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,121 members, 7,814,937 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:13 AM

Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! - Literature (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! (101367 Views)

What Book Are You Reading Now / No More Room For Love- By Loudest Thoughts / What's The Most Captivating Story You Are Currently Reading? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (34) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by pdf90(m): 12:56pm On Jul 14, 2015
dearpreye:

Can you a brief summary for us?
Am on page 12 . Started it last night but I will give a summary when am done in respect to Nigeria

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by ajepako(f): 12:56pm On Jul 14, 2015
freeage7:
Am done reading "street lawyer" by John Grisham. Great book.

Read: RunAway Jury

The Firm But Avoid Pelican Brief (Boring)

All by John Grisham
Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by Ifebazz(m): 12:56pm On Jul 14, 2015
Rules of Parenting by Templar, R. Very incisive, witty and down to earth.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by Nobody: 12:56pm On Jul 14, 2015
THE WIZARD OF THE CROW....

Nguigi Wa Thiongo...

Alot of Satire of our today political life... #Recommended...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by Nobody: 12:57pm On Jul 14, 2015
I am not currently reading any specific book. I do mostly research and i study mathematics.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by Nobody: 12:57pm On Jul 14, 2015
I hate reading novels and love book angry
But madly in love with sci-fi books and magazines about the universe.

Just now, today will mark an historical event, new horizon satellite will flypast Pluto (the mysterious planet). And we will have live coverage of Pluto and how it look like. grin grin grin

MEN I'M JUST SO HAPPY TODAY grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

sussybabe:
Am currently reading secrets by Blaine Yorgason and Sunny Oaks. Powerfully and poetically written the book is a must for all who have Been touched by the ragged hand of abuse or who want to be supportive of someone who has been. A book based on true experiences.

What drove you to that book? Was it your passion? Why that book? Can you share a brief story from it, please?
Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by ajepako(f): 12:57pm On Jul 14, 2015
dearpreye:

Strong title. What's it all about?

Los Angeles, super rich, drug, booze,, sleaze..

My kinda scene..

1 Like

Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by Nobody: 12:58pm On Jul 14, 2015
Good morning everyone am happy to share my
win with u all today ..we did it again, we
won again and a big congratulations to my
subscriber who stick to me and bought my
games from me am happy with you all that made
it. We will keep winning and celebrating. Interested persons for my next fixed matches should Call or contact me on What'sApp 08060745109

Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by Nobody: 12:58pm On Jul 14, 2015
CURRENTLY READING CASHFLOW QUADRANT BY ROBERT KIYOSAKI.... wink

3 Likes 1 Share

Teempakguy:
I am not currently reading any specific book. I do mostly research and i study mathematics.

There's a maths problem I've been solving for over 4 weeks. Will you mind trying it? It's on sequence; Geometric progression.
Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by Nobody: 1:00pm On Jul 14, 2015
AdkinsLoyal:

I remember reading it months back. Can you explain the four parts in the quadrant? Money motivates me a lot. Thanks.
Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by Nobody: 1:00pm On Jul 14, 2015
ajepako:

Los Angeles, super rich, drug, booze,, sleaze..

My kinda scene..

That's some tough one.
Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by Nobody: 1:01pm On Jul 14, 2015
pdf90:

Am on page 12 . Started it last night but I will give a summary when am done in respect to Nigeria

Thanks in advance. Please, don't fail to mention me when you're done with it.
Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by bqlekan(m): 1:02pm On Jul 14, 2015
ok, m reading ogboju ode ninu igbo irunmale written by D.O Fagunwa (forest of a thousand demons translated by Prof Wole Soyinka) .. the writers descriptive prowess is over the top. I feel like I am in the forest, I here the dry leaves rattling , the birds chirping, the demons also scaring the hell out of me in my room.. FYI, this is the 7th time m reading this book.

2 Likes

Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by diesel86: 1:02pm On Jul 14, 2015
The Millionaire Fastlane by MJ DeMarco
"My deep depression sunk me into escapes, but instead of drugs, sex, or alcohol, I lost myself in books and kept studying fameless millionaires. If I couldn’t be successful, I’d escape into the lives of those who were by absorbing books of the rich, autobiographies of the successful, and other rags-to-riches tales".

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by Nobody: 1:02pm On Jul 14, 2015
ajepako:

Read: RunAway Jury

The Firm But Avoid Pelican Brief (Boring)

All by John Grisham

That guy's one hell of an author. I've seen a lot of his novels on bookshelves......

1 Like

Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by Nobody: 1:03pm On Jul 14, 2015
dearpreye:

There's a maths problem I've been solving for over 4 weeks. Will you mind trying it? It's on sequence; Geometric progression.
4 weeks? Sounds engaging. Let me see it. smiley
Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by pdf90(m): 1:03pm On Jul 14, 2015
khalhokage:

If you have a smartphone, you can read most of these books for free.
I love hard copy .
Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by sanmibukunmi: 1:03pm On Jul 14, 2015
Reading the Secret....
Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by ajepako(f): 1:03pm On Jul 14, 2015
dearpreye:

That's some tough one.

Yeah.. very tough and for mature readers..

So much strong words..
Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by hadura29(m): 1:04pm On Jul 14, 2015
Is not everyone that's in the right state of mind to read when there is no job , n everything seems bleak.

Rumpelstiltskin were u dey na?

I am reading nairaland news!!! grin
Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by Intrepidone(m): 1:04pm On Jul 14, 2015
This house has fallen by Karl maier

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by nzeBiddle(m): 1:04pm On Jul 14, 2015
Americanah ~ Adichie. Currently on page 30. Been an awesome read thus far. Wonder why I never took a look in all this while

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by Nobody: 1:04pm On Jul 14, 2015
diesel86:
The Millionaire Fastlane by MJ DeMarco
"My deep depression sunk me into escapes, but instead of drugs, sex, or alcohol, I lost myself in books and kept studying fameless millionaires. If I couldn’t be successful, I’d escape into the lives of those who were by absorbing books of the rich, autobiographies of the successful, and other rags-to-riches tales".

Hmm. Deep. Poignant. My studying the habits of the wealthy, the poor can also become wealthy. Sex, drugs and alcohol never really solve problems; they only postpone the problem and create a stronger hunger for more of sex and drugs. The cycle hardly breaks.
Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by Nobody: 1:05pm On Jul 14, 2015
Intrepidone:
This house has fallen by Karl maier

Please, share some thoughts. Is it about Nigeria? The author appears a foreigner.
Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by Ifebazz(m): 1:06pm On Jul 14, 2015
The sort of books I detest most is the so-called Inspirational Books. They usually end up not inspiring you but make you a very stingy and detached and unemotional egotistic zombie who cares for nothing but himself. Their precepts differ so much from God's principles for man to 'Live and Let's Live'.
When will gullible humans realise that there are no strict rules of life? What works for Mr A 'may not' necessarily work for Mr B. Cos if it were so, Messi wouldn't be a better player than the more hardworking Ronaldo.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by nwadiuko1(m): 1:06pm On Jul 14, 2015
Currently reading the da vinci code by dam brown
Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by ugoonuoha: 1:07pm On Jul 14, 2015
THE FAULT IN OUR STARS

by John Green

"Pain demands to be felt" (An Imperial Affliction)

"Abraham Maslow, I present to you Augustus Waters, whose existential curiosity dwarfed that of his well-fed, well-loved, healthy brethren. While the mass of men went on leading thoroughly unexamined lives of monstrous consumption, Augustus Waters examined the collection of the Rijksmuseum from afar"

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by khalhokage(m): 1:08pm On Jul 14, 2015
pdf90:

I love hard copy .
ok
Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by kazmanbanjoko(m): 1:09pm On Jul 14, 2015
How to make money

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by Nobody: 1:09pm On Jul 14, 2015
AdkinsLoyal:
i recently finished retire young retire rich. For the fifth time, i think. The guy is just all about money:-D

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (34) (Reply)

The Brand Of Cain (A Complete Novel) / The Day The World Ended / #my Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.