Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,255 members, 7,815,391 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:38 AM

Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! - Literature (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! (101391 Views)

What Book Are You Reading Now / No More Room For Love- By Loudest Thoughts / What's The Most Captivating Story You Are Currently Reading? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (34) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by rEinCarNaTeD1(m): 1:09pm On Jul 14, 2015
i'm currently reading LONG HARD RIDE, a book of lust and sexual escapades. read this book and any bitches that cross ur way is dead...ur gonna fvck that pvssy till it's hot and dry
Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by tohpahz(f): 1:10pm On Jul 14, 2015
I am reading

Brunner and Suddarth med.surg angry
Ophthalmology angry

1 Like

Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by adedayourt(m): 1:11pm On Jul 14, 2015
Currently reading The Lost Symbol by Dan Brown
Author of Da'vinci Code, Angels And Demons

All about ancient symbologies, myth, occultism, mysteries

"Thrilling in the extreme- a definite page flipper"- New York Daily Times

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by Samguine: 1:12pm On Jul 14, 2015
The Screwtape Letters by C.S Lewis

A very wonderful book I'll encourage everybody to read. It's a satirical book portraying the lives of humans from the point of a demon Screwtape in form of letters to his young nephew Wormwood. He advises him on ways, strategies to win over humans for the devil.......

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by Nobody: 1:13pm On Jul 14, 2015
Ifebazz:
The sort of books I detest most is the so-called Inspirational Books. They usually end up not inspiring you but make you a very stingy and detached and unemotional egotistic zombie who cares for nothing but himself. Their precepts differ so much from God's principles for man to 'Live and Let's Live'.
When will gullible humans realise that there are no strict rules of life? What works for Mr A 'may not' necessarily work for Mr B. Cos if it were so, Messi wouldn't be a better player than the more hardworking Ronaldo.
mehn . . .
Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by ijekul(m): 1:16pm On Jul 14, 2015
Currently Reading HAPPILY EVER AFTER by Susan May Warren...It's a nice book

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by Nobody: 1:17pm On Jul 14, 2015
I have just finished reading On the Beach by Nevil Shute.It was published in 1957....and it is about a tiny bit of Australia and the lives of its residents as they wait for the nuclear clouds from World War 3 to finish them.

Makes me reflect on what humans would do if they knew the day they would die. Would they go on living, or would they give up?

Not a recent read....but I have gone through Kershaw's two volume bio of Hitler in the last year. The interesting bit was Hitler's early life(much of vol 1)......as a layabout...and how he carried some of that layabout attitude into governance (which is part of the reason why Nazi Germany lost.).

And I also read medical stuff....but that's for the job.

And lots of manga. smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by LasoulMacuby(m): 1:18pm On Jul 14, 2015
The Godfather by Mario Puzo

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by Nobody: 1:18pm On Jul 14, 2015
Teempakguy:
4 weeks? Sounds engaging. Let me see it. smiley

Actually, more than 4 months. See below:

The sum of the first n terms of a geometric progression is 364. The sum of their reciprocal is 364 / 243. If the first term is 1, find n and the common ratio.

Good luck!
Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by enigstil(m): 1:21pm On Jul 14, 2015
THE O MANUSCRIPT BY LARS MUHL.
THOSE WHO DANCE ARE OFTEN CONDEMNED BY THOSE WHO CANNOT HEAR THE MUSIC.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by Nobody: 1:22pm On Jul 14, 2015
tohpahz:
I am reading

Brunner and Suddarth med.surg angry
Ophthalmology angry

Get your head out of the books and take a nice long walk.

smiley

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by daey118(m): 1:22pm On Jul 14, 2015
the godfather amazing life changing book

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by Nobody: 1:22pm On Jul 14, 2015
enigstil:
THE O MANUSCRIPT BY LARS MUHL.
THOSE WHO DANCE ARE OFTEN CONDEMNED BY THOSE WHO CANNOT HEAR THE MUSIC.

So in summary, people tend to condemn whatever they don't seem to understand? Is that si?
Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by SirBenny: 1:23pm On Jul 14, 2015
Am currently reading HOW TO POSITION ON BED by Heck Toms
Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by Hibiscuss(m): 1:23pm On Jul 14, 2015
Presently reading 'The psychology of selling' by Brian Tracy.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by Nobody: 1:23pm On Jul 14, 2015
daey118:
the godfather amazing life changing book

I've only seen the movie pictures. I've never read it. Give a summary
Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by avalontony(m): 1:24pm On Jul 14, 2015
barcanista:
I've been meditating on this verse....

"Let him kiss me with the kisses of his mouth: for thy love is better than wine." (Songs of Solomon 1:2)
Badt guys grin grin.....na only this verse you sabi grin
Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by Nobody: 1:25pm On Jul 14, 2015
ijekul:
Currently Reading HAPPILY EVER AFTER by Susan May Warren...It's a nice book

It's on marriage I suppose? Can a couple be happily ever after? What ya say?
Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by Gwan2(m): 1:25pm On Jul 14, 2015
SECRETS OF SELF EMPLOYMENT by Sarah and Paul Edwards..............
Is a good read for those who want to dive into the entrepreneurial world, one line I love in the book is, YOU CAN BE OUTRUN EVEN IF YOU ARE ON THE RIGHT TRACK.....meaning you could keep basking in the euphoria of your 1st class or 2.1 thinking nature owes you a good life while a 3rd class graduate get himself well equipped and outrun you in life race......So the key word is keep improving.
Another aphorism I love is....TO SUCCEED, INCREASE YOUR FAILURE RATE.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by Nobody: 1:26pm On Jul 14, 2015
Samguine:
The Screwtape Letters by C.S Lewis

A very wonderful book I'll encourage everybody to read. It's a satirical book portraying the lives of humans from the point of a demon Screwtape in form of letters to his young nephew Wormwood. He advises him on ways, strategies to win over humans for the devil.......

That author is one of the most brilliant Christian authors. Majority of his books are classics!

Thought he wrote MERE CHRISTIANITY!
Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by Skoopy(m): 1:28pm On Jul 14, 2015
Why you no copy me @OP grin

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by Nobody: 1:28pm On Jul 14, 2015
barcanista:
Nice one ex-Born again dearpreye. I'm currently reading the Bible.

God bless you

The above got me seriously laffing! grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by Nobody: 1:29pm On Jul 14, 2015
finished reading you never know with women by James Hardley Chase and now reading silence in the sanctuary by Deanna Raybourn.
Anyone here read the interpreters by Wole Soyinka?
Its an old novel.
Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by Nobody: 1:29pm On Jul 14, 2015
Skoopy:
Why you no copy me @OP grin

I'm sorry. Never too late.

1 Like

Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by gabbidonb(m): 1:32pm On Jul 14, 2015
Rich dad poor dad - Robert kayosaki . It's an interesting read n a mind opener if u strive towards financial liberation . Few lines : the lack rather than love for money is the root of all evil. Instead of working for money you should make money work for you; cause working for money is the worst way to get rich. I am also reading you were born rich- Bob proctor; it says we were all born rich we all have this infinite potential within us; for us to realize our dreams we should stretch ourselves outside our comfort zone n unearth the riches within us; for wealth is truly an inside job.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by Nobody: 1:33pm On Jul 14, 2015
Gwan2:
SECRETS OF SELF EMPLOYMENT by Sarah and Paul Edwards..............
Is a good read for those who want to dive into the entrepreneurial world, one line I love in the book is, YOU CAN BE OUTRUN EVEN IF YOU ARE ON THE RIGHT TRACK.....meaning you could keep basking in the euphoria of your 1st class or 2.1 thinking nature owes you a good life while a 3rd class graduate get himself well equipped and outrun you in life race......So the key word is keep improving.
Another aphorism I love is....TO SUCCEED, INCREASE YOUR FAILURE RATE.

I can explain the above in pages. Thanks for sharing.

The world owes us nothing.
Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by Rebsy(f): 1:33pm On Jul 14, 2015
Joel Osteen :Become A Better You.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by freeage7(m): 1:34pm On Jul 14, 2015
A line from "street lawyer": a big time lawyer with a big time pay, left a great law firm to become street lawyer. A big time pro bono, just to save the homeless.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by Alhadi14: 1:35pm On Jul 14, 2015
I am currently reading " The Imitation Is Limitation " by John Mason

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by xmileeasy: 1:35pm On Jul 14, 2015
1.Think like a billionaire, become a billionaire by Scott Anderson
2.Talent is not enough by John Maxwell
3.No excuse
These are the books am presently digesting

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by kikilove(f): 1:38pm On Jul 14, 2015
Am reading. There is a hippie on the highway by James hadly chase

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by freeage7(m): 1:38pm On Jul 14, 2015
ajepako:

Read: RunAway Jury
The Firm But Avoid Pelican Brief (Boring)
All by John Grisham
King of tout Paint house Still John Grisham. Thanks bro. I don read him books tire

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (34) (Reply)

The Brand Of Cain (A Complete Novel) / The Day The World Ended / #my Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.