Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,018 members, 7,838,559 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 04:17 AM

Why I regret campaigning for Change- Opinion - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I regret campaigning for Change- Opinion (32263 Views)

"Peter Obi Campaigning For 2019" Nigerians React To Peter Obi Platform Speech / 'I Regret Campaigning For APC And President Buhari' - Twitter User / Roasted Plantain Seller Campaigning For PDP In Ondo (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I regret campaigning for Change- Opinion by Nobody: 9:35am On Jul 10, 2015
Obijulius:
Change agent.

I thought you were amongst those that believed that GEJ was everything that was wrong with Nigeria.

It's too early to be giving up already.

Have a nightmare.

One goat way call himself attacker go come day say rubbish, make em come see watin him fellow APC change whatever day talk
People way no get work.

APC, failure!!!!! I don talk ma own. The heated hatred in this nation doesn't take us anywhere.
I even thought when this APC man comes in we would begin to pick gold in our streets, other than that, bombs go up like no man business. See am na.
God help us. We finally not getting on anywhere

1 Like

Re: Why I regret campaigning for Change- Opinion by sweetgala(m): 9:38am On Jul 10, 2015
Dollyak:
I kind of agree with you. Seriously, the more you look at it the more you see how hopeless the situation is. Nigeria is simply too big and diverse for her own good. Available evidence have shown, that this marriage of unequal partners and perhaps force integration was to facilitate British administrative purposes. We have all seen the aftermath of this colonial error which was promoted after independence by our own ingenious compradoes. Our very security apparatus in the country have been compromised or failed depicting a clear case of a fail-state. Hindsight is a wonderful thing. I doubt any of our forefathers would've agreed to this relationship if they knew Nigeria would turn out like this.
I truly feel sorry for buhari. His hands are tied

Nigerians have seen it all.

Nigeria is the size of Germany , which 30 odd years ago were two different countries and still have regional hegemonies of sort in place.
If people can stop being selfish , and folks are more disciplined our problems would not exist. Over 16 year of indigenous state government and many states have not developed at the expense of their people

2 Likes

Re: Why I regret campaigning for Change- Opinion by Pope22(m): 9:40am On Jul 10, 2015
Nigerians and their impatience......

Can't we just cool down, give buhari some time and know what he is upto
Re: Why I regret campaigning for Change- Opinion by anonimi: 9:40am On Jul 10, 2015
Who next
Re: Why I regret campaigning for Change- Opinion by davidque007(m): 9:42am On Jul 10, 2015
cramjones:
It is about time every right thinking Nigeria begin to think of an alternative country to live in. Apart from the civil war, the last 6 years have been an unending war in Nigeria. How can any sane person think of building a future in a country where your life can be cut short at any moment? How can you call a country home where you cannot even succeed financially and walk the streets freely, or even have your family walk freely. A good example is my dear friend Chimamanda the whole world celebrates, yet her country rewarded her by kidnapping her father. Or is it Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala who was rewarded by kidnapping her 82 year old fragile mom. Or is it the professor that was rewarded by being brutally murdered in the comfort of his home?

Why should any sane person keep thinking of living in Nigeria, when they campainged for CHANGE, when all the get is mass killings every other day? We do not blame PMB for the menace taking place in Nigeria, why should we even blame him? the travails of this country has really eaten deep. Why should anyone be proud of Nigeria, when Femi Fani-Kayode or is it Olukayode announed to the whole world that he will now be going abroad for his long over due medical checkup. Do we even have hospitals that can take care of anything anymore? Why should anyone keep dreaming of an illusionary Nigerian dream, when if the President gets a heart attack he will die within hours, for their is no hospital in the whole country with a standard ICU and with capabilities for cardiac stenting or catheterization.

A country where dead people lie on the street of Lagos, with no scintilla of help or emergency services by state! A country where people empty their account just go give birth "abroad" and make their children escape the horrors and de nove disadvantage of being a full Nigerian citizen. A country where mass killings have been made the norm with no state official commenting on over 500 innocent souls that have been killed in the past one month.
A country despite the massive potentials and wealth still wallows in disease, corruption, kidnapping, poverty and everything bad.

Truth be told, Nigeria has become a sinking ship, and needs to drown or fall off the cliff and then rebuilt again. For our youths to reach their full potential it is imperative for them to have their own revolution! Or at least start thinking of the nearest next African country to call home. Nigeria is a cooking hallogen gas in a hot air ballon that is about to pop and kill. It is coming, it must come, it is here!

In summary, I hate Jonthan, I will give PMB a chance to save this sinking ship. Nevertheless, I won't have campainged for CHANGE but for a massive revolution.

-CramJones

I don't agree with your point of view and ur mindset. You are unnecessarily pessimistic

1 Like

Re: Why I regret campaigning for Change- Opinion by tiamiyukunle69(m): 9:46am On Jul 10, 2015
The sooner we realize all our politicians are just self centered the better it becomes......

1 Like

Re: Why I regret campaigning for Change- Opinion by 9jatatafo(m): 9:47am On Jul 10, 2015
Cramjones is high on claro

2 Likes

Re: Why I regret campaigning for Change- Opinion by ksbusari(m): 9:47am On Jul 10, 2015
Eehn fucking go to Mexico nw.
Re: Why I regret campaigning for Change- Opinion by free2ryhme: 9:48am On Jul 10, 2015
Dollyak:
I kind of agree with you. Seriously, the more you look at it the more you see how hopeless the situation is. Nigeria is simply too big and diverse for her own good. Available evidence have shown, that this marriage of unequal partners and perhaps force integration was to facilitate British administrative purposes. We have all seen the aftermath of this colonial error which was promoted after independence by our own ingenious compradoes. Our very security apparatus in the country have been compromised or failed depicting a clear case of a fail-state. Hindsight is a wonderful thing. I doubt any of our forefathers would've agreed to this relationship if they knew Nigeria would turn out like this.

You all posted what your dept'al education pour into your head regurgitated and pour back on nairaland. If you have little or no idea about nigerian politics simply don't post trash.

Can you explained what happened in the 1960s when nigeria politicians signed a secret agreement to established a military base in nigeria just because they want the British to favour then in the upcoming election? For your information Nnamdi Azikiwe was among them.

The guy has only spent 2 months and your are already crucifying him.

1 Like

Re: Why I regret campaigning for Change- Opinion by sweetgala(m): 9:48am On Jul 10, 2015
trapQ:
you don't fix things by breaking it more. that is totally going to shatter Nigeria. the problems we face as a nation only resulted from decades of corruption. there are many other countries with more diverse ethnicities yet they found a way to coexist with each other. what we need do is be more tolerant of each other and end corrupting.

Please tell them, only potential despots think breaking up the country would solve things.

1 Like

Re: Why I regret campaigning for Change- Opinion by hyperflex(m): 9:48am On Jul 10, 2015
From old to young we are all everything wrong with Nigeria. First our indepence was more a copycat of Ghana. Believe what you want. Even Ghana after Kwame Nkrumah's heroic feats to get the Ghanian Independence they didn't chase out all the whites. In Nigeria we chased them out and still based our lives on the model they left behind. Roadmaps, facilities, houses government etc. We now started a revolution of deprived black men. Deprived of money and feeler with that patriarchal idea of living n ruling. Our fathers passed down legacies of greed and unprofessionalism. Thanks to Pa Enahoro and his cohorts but something really wrong with the timing n paperwork of our independence. We started multiplying and government had no plans or never made plans for the burgeoning population. Light, water, electricity, jobs, amenities etc. Igbos felt shortchanged for some reasons probly justified after killing their pple in a once united Nigeria.

Politicians are funny pple all around the world but ours have the worst qualities unpatriotic, unprofessional and greedy. Reasons we are where we are today. For those of you that think you changed government you did not. Its still the same pple in charge that's why Bukola Saraki is senate president and Ekweremadu is his Vice and he's PDP uncorrupted. Let's stay gullible and docile. War is not an option cuz its bad for business but the ills in this country won't just go away without a revolution. But youths don't care as long as they can do Fridays, goto beach, Bleep, scam, buy smart phones, Bleep again, show off on Instagram...Nigeria can goto blazes. Lol

2 Likes

Re: Why I regret campaigning for Change- Opinion by Preciousgirl(f): 9:48am On Jul 10, 2015
Re: Why I regret campaigning for Change- Opinion by Obaiyski(m): 9:50am On Jul 10, 2015
This just the beginning
Re: Why I regret campaigning for Change- Opinion by hibbayueei(m): 9:50am On Jul 10, 2015
Hmmm... U neva see anytin.

HAVE YOU HEARD THAT.... You can now carry your files/music/video on your OTG Flash Drive and read/play on your mobile android phones or Tablets any where you are... OTG Flash drive are available at a very reduced price... For more information, pls check my signature/Profile.
Re: Why I regret campaigning for Change- Opinion by smarthG(f): 9:51am On Jul 10, 2015
Dollyak:

This was the reason for confab but power seekers didn't want it to hold. Because it would have made every region equall despite...

1 Like

Re: Why I regret campaigning for Change- Opinion by ayindejimmy(m): 9:51am On Jul 10, 2015
What we really need in Nigeria is "Hope" We need a govt to give us hope that if we're diligent and consistent, we can make it.
That's what's been missing. You see some few people not struggling but living an extravagant life style while the majority work day and night but still languish in abject poverty.
Did the govt plan it that way? So any little crumb we get makes us forget about the future.
Just take a look at our minimum wage, what future can that buy you without being corrupt or compromising?
We need a govt to create policies that'll bridge the wide gap BTW the poor the the rich. A govt of Hope
There just too many poor people everywhere and these are what leads to crime. Cos some people will do whatever for so little amount.

1 Like

Re: Why I regret campaigning for Change- Opinion by kniru: 9:51am On Jul 10, 2015
true
Re: Why I regret campaigning for Change- Opinion by kenedy175(m): 9:51am On Jul 10, 2015
san316:
Good luck is responsible for this. He didn't take BH seriously. He allowed them to blossom and got deeply rooted in the country. How do we expect PMB to just decimate them in just a month? When GEJ led army was supposed to annihilate the insurgents, they were showing us footage of how BH members were running away. They got integrated into the society and are now blowing everyone up.

GEJ is the worst thing to have happened to Nigeria but God willing, we shall prevail over the enemies. To hell with Biafra, cant wait to see their backs.
No dey talk this kind thing. How is Goodluck responsible for the catastrophe on the north? When this boko haram carnage started, GEJ was out for this guys in full force with ihejirika as COAS then. what later happened? This northerners rejected the army. they said GEJ was using excessive force. They said the soldiers were killing there people and raping there women. They wanted the army gone. That they could handle the situation...

it's the same northerners that are opening there mouth to say GEJ wasn't taking BH serious. it's soo annoying. why the hypocrisy? why speaking from both sides of the mouth?

2 Likes

Re: Why I regret campaigning for Change- Opinion by RickyTan: 9:52am On Jul 10, 2015
Move to South Africa. Dem go welcome your Naija ass well well dia.
Re: Why I regret campaigning for Change- Opinion by gamaliel121(m): 9:52am On Jul 10, 2015
Wailing wailer
Re: Why I regret campaigning for Change- Opinion by rottennaija(m): 9:53am On Jul 10, 2015
Dollyak:

While Nigeria living together and being forcefully integrated may not have been the best for us, but is it also the reason why we cannot equip our hospital? Why we cannot get good road, why we cannot get adequate electricity? Are they also the reason why our so called leaders loot our resources and prefer to carry them outside the country? Definitely, you cannot say the forceful marriage is the reason why our governors will be defrauding us, stealing the money that should be used to build infrastructure for the people, or why the increase they recurrent expenditures.

And do not forget that the governors and commissioners and senators and those so called leaders are from our individual state. Those we call our 'brothers'. They are the ones causing our suffering

1 Like

Re: Why I regret campaigning for Change- Opinion by Vikky014(f): 9:55am On Jul 10, 2015
san316:
Good luck is responsible for this. He didn't take BH seriously. He allowed them to blossom and got deeply rooted in the country. How do we expect PMB to just decimate them in just a month? When GEJ led army was supposed to annihilate the insurgents, they were showing us footage of how BH members were running away. They got integrated into the society and are now blowing everyone up.

GEJ is the worst thing to have happened to Nigeria but God willing, we shall prevail over the enemies. To hell with Biafra, cant wait to see their backs.
yes GEJ didnt take BH seriously bc it is a muslim brotherhood dt need islamic caliphate . muslim brethren accepted bokoharam by not openly protesting against their actions just like dey do when u speak against prophet mohammad. keep blaming GEJ till bokoharam wipe out ur entire family. ooo i forgot u r comfortable with the killn of ur peopl so long as they r nt muslims

1 Like

Re: Why I regret campaigning for Change- Opinion by sacrono: 9:55am On Jul 10, 2015
Lord knows I gave up on this country long before now.

1 Like

Re: Why I regret campaigning for Change- Opinion by Seadove70(m): 9:55am On Jul 10, 2015
This one na rubbish if you dnt knw!
Re: Why I regret campaigning for Change- Opinion by Correctman0606: 9:56am On Jul 10, 2015
If I open my mouth and finish up and condemn the empty Nigerian call Crampzone abi Crime-zone, in no time Seun, Ishilove will prefer banning me. Can any Nigerian tell me if he or she is happy having abnormal human being like carmjones? I regret voting for change, at this time, I hate Jonathan. Why and how would any individual convince me that apc is not very bad omen. Is there any Nigerian who does not know what apc is doing in the house of reps? Does it mean if Buhari is one of the most dullest and empty thing that has become president, must all his followers be dumbests as well? look at Okorocha who does not know any thing other than just telling lies. What about Adesina who is ever shameless and is ever ready to change what ever comes out of his mouth as many time as possible. What about Lai Mohammed? Tufiakwa. Look at cramjones always bathing in the same water, always contradicting himself.
Re: Why I regret campaigning for Change- Opinion by no2fuks(m): 9:58am On Jul 10, 2015
abeg op no kill us. hope is all we have left if we separate I assure you nothing will change we have to tackle this problem.
Re: Why I regret campaigning for Change- Opinion by Caseless: 9:59am On Jul 10, 2015
bright87:

Fellow Compatriot, The only way out is the outright dissolution of Nigeria. Sincerely speaking, this is the bitter truth. We are not one as a people and can never be one, the earlier we all realize this fact the better for us all in this Country.. Sometimes people get along better being apart than being together.. You really need to live overseas to truly know that Nigeria is a failed and a demonic place to live in. Nigeria is a failed project, Biafra or no Biafra, we all need to go our own ways.. It's already more than a 100yrs of us being together as a Country and we still can't get things right. So better we all try being apart. My take !!!
you know what shallow-minded people like you think, unity is uniformity. This post goes to that little girl called dollyak for her post up there.
Re: Why I regret campaigning for Change- Opinion by junkyarddog: 9:59am On Jul 10, 2015
All what I decipher from all the negative comments have read is that of that of the GEJ supporters who are pained by the removal of the clueless man .A man came into power just a month and 2 weeks old now and you expect Miracles ,if you are among those expecting immediate result please go and see a psychiatrist your head needs repair .You can see all the ministries and parastatals are on there toes trying to outshine one another due to the zero stance on corruption and non performance of our beloved leader Muhammadu Buhari .Look at the EFCC now awake from there moribund comatose there is no sacred goat. Nyako is answering questions under detention , Sule Lamido and his two sons still in detention for fraud .All this never happened under the clueless Bastard called Jonathan .The power sector is now performing a little better I get at least 15 hrs of power everyday where I live in Lagos . The only excuses you people give is issue of Ministers which is quite flimsy .The President said he wants people of high integrity and technocrats which he is presently working on to recruit .All you haters just want to criticize when a person of Questionable character is presented and I put it you all that you will be disappointed to your graves .As for the Boko Haram when did you hear they captured Towns and Communities last ? They have resorted to using innocent children as Suicide Bombers as a result of there ranks being Decimated by our gallant forces .They are drowning and grasping at straws to stay relevant .

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I regret campaigning for Change- Opinion by mannyiyke: 10:01am On Jul 10, 2015
san316:

And u forgot boko haram started in d administrations of Obj and YarAdua, and they did not do anything about it? In fact, it was Obj dat turned a deaf ear to sharia when it started and dat led us to where we are today. If GEJ had ordered d military in d beginning to swoop on them and decimate them, they wld have shouted that he was killing them, and actually they later said it. Pls leave d man alone.

1 Like

Re: Why I regret campaigning for Change- Opinion by nas2608(m): 10:02am On Jul 10, 2015
hmmm,i totally disagree with you,Nigeria leaders are hyprocrites,all blame cannot be put on gel,500 were killed in a month,if such is happening every month,@least not less than 3000 innocent will still die b4 dis yr runs out,indeed old age will limit his performance...
Re: Why I regret campaigning for Change- Opinion by damilareoye: 10:03am On Jul 10, 2015
Not so soon.... grin
Re: Why I regret campaigning for Change- Opinion by MikeBAG(m): 10:06am On Jul 10, 2015
Freedom is never given voluntarily by the oppressor,it must be demanded by the oppressed. Martin Luther King Jnr.

Nigerians we can complain without Action.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Bola Tinubu Meets His New Grandson Abiodun (Photos) / Dr Bukola Saraki Has emerged the new Opposition Leader / Zoning: Let Us Respect Agreement – Fashola

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.