Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,106 members, 7,811,113 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:57 PM

“you Mean I’m Now A Prisoner?” – Lamido Exclaims After Court Sends Him To Prison - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / “you Mean I’m Now A Prisoner?” – Lamido Exclaims After Court Sends Him To Prison (49347 Views)

You Mean I'm Now A Prisoner ? - Lamido Exclaims After Court Sends Him To Prison / Alleged N1.35bn Fraud: You Mean I’m Now A Prisoner? – Lamido / Femi Olukayode Celebrates With Girlfriend In Bed After Court Victory (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: “you Mean I’m Now A Prisoner?” – Lamido Exclaims After Court Sends Him To Prison by kenedy175(m): 8:31am On Jul 10, 2015
can't stop laughing o! he can't believe that the law actually caught him.

Don't worry Lamy boy. You will be elected governor in the prison. you will rule over the inmates.

kai! but no kwudi to loot there.
Re: “you Mean I’m Now A Prisoner?” – Lamido Exclaims After Court Sends Him To Prison by freeborn76(m): 8:31am On Jul 10, 2015
PvtParts2:
The Buharist Zombies don't know that sooner or later it will be Fashola and Tinubu on the list.

Buhari is doing what he did in 1984.

Arresting and jailing Politicians is not to curb corruption but rather to block any future opposition he may have.

Buhari hs truly hit the ground running.

He did this in 1984 and the Plebs celebrated this .

After the Politicians he gagged the Press with Decree 4 from where he took his despotism to the Plebs on the streets who by the time they realized had no politician or opposition figure to fight for their right, the press were gagged and they saw themselves living in a big barrack nation.

It took the efforts of IBB and other senior military officers to rid Nigeria of this power drunk despot.

But today we don't have that option.

Can you see how foolish you are? Atulu Mpama!

Shout Change!

Re: “you Mean I’m Now A Prisoner?” – Lamido Exclaims After Court Sends Him To Prison by gbishman: 8:31am On Jul 10, 2015
In all this why are the companies who made the Kick backs not arraigned and prosecuted
Re: “you Mean I’m Now A Prisoner?” – Lamido Exclaims After Court Sends Him To Prison by Toktee(m): 8:34am On Jul 10, 2015
midolian:
A former governor of Jigawa State, Sule Lamido, his two sons Aminu and Mustapha and one Aminu Wada Abubakar are to remain in Kano Central Prsion till September 28, 2015.

The quartet were remanded in prison custody Thursday morning by Justice Evelyn Anyadike of the Federal High Court sitting in Kano after they were docked on a 28-count charge of corruption and money laundering brought against them by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC.

They were arraigned alongside four companies where the Lamidos are believed to have interest.

The companies are Bamaina Holdings Limited, Bamiana Company Nigeria Limited, Bamaina Aluminum Limited and Speeds International Limited.

Lamido is said to have abused his position as governor of Jigawa State between 2007 and 2015, by awarding contracts to companies where he has interest, using his two sons, Aminu and Mustapha as front.

One of the counts in the charge reads, “That you Alhaji Sule Lamido (while being the Governor of Jigawa State, Nigeria), Aminu Sule Lamido, Mustapha Sule Lamido, Bamaina Holdings Limited, Bamaina Company Nigeria Limited and Speeds International Limited between 15th October and 18th December, 2008 within the jurisdiction of this Honourable Court did convert an aggregate sum of N124, 649, 915 (One Hundred and Twenty Four Million, Six Hundred and Forty Nine Thousand, Nine Hundred and Fifteen Naira) paid by Dantata & Sawoe Limited into the account of Speeds International Limited domiciled with an old generation Bank at Kano which fund you reasonably ought to have known to be proceeds of an unlawful act of Alhaji Sule Lamido who was a Public Officer within the meaning of the Code of Conduct for Public Officers as prescribed under the Fifth Schedule of the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, 1999 ( as amended ) to wit; engaging in private business by a public officer, using the said company in which he is a director and a shareholder, and to whose account he is a signatory; with the aim of concealing the illicit origin of the said sum and you thereby committed an offence punishable under Section 14 (A) of the Money Laundering Act, 2004.”

However when the charges were read to the accused persons they pleaded not guilty.

Their counsel, Offiong Offiong, SAN told the court that he had filed application for bail and urged the court to consider granting the accused persons bail.

But prosecuting counsel, Chile Okoroma, requested for time to respond to the application.

He prayed the court to remand the accused persons in prison custody as the EFCC holding facilities in Abuja and Kano were already overstretched.

Justice Anyadike consequently remanded the accused persons in prison custody pending consideration of their bail application and adjourned to September 28, 2015.

After the judge’s pronouncement, a mild drama ensued between Lamido and the Deputy Chief Registrar of Federal High court, Barrister Solomon Akpedah.

Lamido was asked to proceed to board the waiting van taking him to Kano central prison when he exclaimed, “you mean I’m now a prisoner?!”.

Akpedah, however, replied that “no sir, you are not a prisoner”.

The arraignment of Lamido and his children was not without incident as an unruly crowd of supporters loyal to the former governor threatened to disrupt the court session.

It took reinforcement of the detachment of policemen at the court to maintain order.

The travails of the Lamidos began in 2012 when one of his sons, Aminu was arrested by Operatives of the EFCC at the Aminu Kano International Airport, Kano for failing to declare a sum of forty thousand United States Dollars ($40,000).

He was prosecuted and convicted with 50 percent of the undeclared sum forfeited to the Federal Government.

But the enquiries into the source of the funds led investigators into the closely guarded web of corruption and money laundering involving members of the former first family of Jigawa State and their cronies.

http://dailypost.ng/2015/07/09/you-mean-im-now-a-prisoner-lamido-exclaims-after-court-sends-him-to-prison/
"That the Efcc holding facility in abuja is over stretch"this is jus the the starting point on war against pen robbers,and the holding facility is crowded,buhari is working,while wailers are wailing.

3 Likes

Re: “you Mean I’m Now A Prisoner?” – Lamido Exclaims After Court Sends Him To Prison by slapandfall(m): 8:35am On Jul 10, 2015
PvtParts2:
The Buharist Zombies don't know that sooner or later it will be Fashola and Tinubu on the list.

Arresting and jailing Politicians is not to curb corruption but rather to block any future opposition he may have.

After the Politicians he gagged the Press with Decree 4 from where he took his despotism to the Plebs on the streets who by the time they realized had no politician or opposition figure to fight for their right, the press were gagged and they saw themselves living in a big barrack nation.

It took the efforts of IBB and other senior military officers to rid Nigeria of this power drunk despot.

Shout Change!

Who is this again!.. I would have said you are stupid but just that today is friday..

So you mean IBB saved nigeria abi...

Werey...

2 Likes

Re: “you Mean I’m Now A Prisoner?” – Lamido Exclaims After Court Sends Him To Prison by udemejack(m): 8:35am On Jul 10, 2015
midolian:
A former governor of Jigawa State, Sule Lamido, his two sons Aminu and Mustapha and one Aminu Wada Abubakar are to remain in Kano Central Prsion till September 28, 2015.

The quartet were remanded in prison custody Thursday morning by Justice Evelyn Anyadike of the Federal High Court sitting in Kano after they were docked on a 28-count charge of corruption and money laundering brought against them by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC.

They were arraigned alongside four companies where the Lamidos are believed to have interest.

The companies are Bamaina Holdings Limited, Bamiana Company Nigeria Limited, Bamaina Aluminum Limited and Speeds International Limited.

Lamido is said to have abused his position as governor of Jigawa State between 2007 and 2015, by awarding contracts to companies where he has interest, using his two sons, Aminu and Mustapha as front.

One of the counts in the charge reads, “That you Alhaji Sule Lamido (while being the Governor of Jigawa State, Nigeria), Aminu Sule Lamido, Mustapha Sule Lamido, Bamaina Holdings Limited, Bamaina Company Nigeria Limited and Speeds International Limited between 15th October and 18th December, 2008 within the jurisdiction of this Honourable Court did convert an aggregate sum of N124, 649, 915 (One Hundred and Twenty Four Million, Six Hundred and Forty Nine Thousand, Nine Hundred and Fifteen Naira) paid by Dantata & Sawoe Limited into the account of Speeds International Limited domiciled with an old generation Bank at Kano which fund you reasonably ought to have known to be proceeds of an unlawful act of Alhaji Sule Lamido who was a Public Officer within the meaning of the Code of Conduct for Public Officers as prescribed under the Fifth Schedule of the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, 1999 ( as amended ) to wit; engaging in private business by a public officer, using the said company in which he is a director and a shareholder, and to whose account he is a signatory; with the aim of concealing the illicit origin of the said sum and you thereby committed an offence punishable under Section 14 (A) of the Money Laundering Act, 2004.”

However when the charges were read to the accused persons they pleaded not guilty.

Their counsel, Offiong Offiong, SAN told the court that he had filed application for bail and urged the court to consider granting the accused persons bail.

But prosecuting counsel, Chile Okoroma, requested for time to respond to the application.

He prayed the court to remand the accused persons in prison custody as the EFCC holding facilities in Abuja and Kano were already overstretched.

Justice Anyadike consequently remanded the accused persons in prison custody pending consideration of their bail application and adjourned to September 28, 2015.

After the judge’s pronouncement, a mild drama ensued between Lamido and the Deputy Chief Registrar of Federal High court, Barrister Solomon Akpedah.

Lamido was asked to proceed to board the waiting van taking him to Kano central prison when he exclaimed, “you mean I’m now a prisoner?!”.

The arraignment of Lamido and his children was not without incident as an unruly crowd of supporters loyal to the former governor threatened to disrupt the court session.

It took reinforcement of the detachment of policemen at the court to maintain order.

The travails of the Lamidos began in 2012 when one of his sons, Aminu was arrested by Operatives of the EFCC at the Aminu Kano International Airport, Kano for failing to declare a sum of forty thousand United States Dollars ($40,000).

He was prosecuted and convicted with 50 percent of the undeclared sum forfeited to the Federal Government.

But the enquiries into the source of the funds led investigators into the closely guarded web of corruption and money laundering involving members of the former first family of Jigawa State and their cronies.

http://dailypost.ng/2015/07/09/you-mean-im-now-a-prisoner-lamido-exclaims-after-court-sends-him-to-prison/
let Akpabio be the next to enter the lagoon of prison
thank you

1 Like

Re: “you Mean I’m Now A Prisoner?” – Lamido Exclaims After Court Sends Him To Prison by danynst: 8:35am On Jul 10, 2015
ECOTERRORS:
Is it not too early to display your psychopatic behaviour online?
mumu
Re: “you Mean I’m Now A Prisoner?” – Lamido Exclaims After Court Sends Him To Prison by niceguy7(m): 8:36am On Jul 10, 2015
Mercie97:
haha, the change has just begun
stealing is now corruption
Lol e be like say u r seeing wt am saw grin
In *gringories voice*

2 Likes

Re: “you Mean I’m Now A Prisoner?” – Lamido Exclaims After Court Sends Him To Prison by toluxa1(m): 8:37am On Jul 10, 2015

1 Like

Re: “you Mean I’m Now A Prisoner?” – Lamido Exclaims After Court Sends Him To Prison by strongerthaneva(m): 8:37am On Jul 10, 2015
ECOTERRORS:
Is it not too early to display your psychopatic behaviour online?
ECOTERRORS u be mumu Abeg find reasonable contribution..
Re: “you Mean I’m Now A Prisoner?” – Lamido Exclaims After Court Sends Him To Prison by Nobody: 8:39am On Jul 10, 2015
midolian:

Im happy the change started from the north. i hope biafra and Ndigbo will not cry or take up arms when the change gets to the east?.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: “you Mean I’m Now A Prisoner?” – Lamido Exclaims After Court Sends Him To Prison by Nobody: 8:39am On Jul 10, 2015
buzquet:
Yes!!!!!!!!! The change has commenced!!!!! Sai baba. Even if PMB dey coma, he will still b miles ahead of d clueless, shoeless otuoke drunk**d!
His trouble started three years ago under Jona. People like former Bayalsa govt got acquainted under your dead brain, Daura President illiterate buhari. Same with fany-kayode
Re: “you Mean I’m Now A Prisoner?” – Lamido Exclaims After Court Sends Him To Prison by wengerjay(m): 8:40am On Jul 10, 2015
It's a reality. You have to face it.
Don't worry, you will come back to become our president.
Re: “you Mean I’m Now A Prisoner?” – Lamido Exclaims After Court Sends Him To Prison by Nobody: 8:40am On Jul 10, 2015
No sir,you're now a minister... undecided the arrogance of the powerful... sad
Re: “you Mean I’m Now A Prisoner?” – Lamido Exclaims After Court Sends Him To Prison by happney65: 8:41am On Jul 10, 2015
buzquet:
Yes!!!!!!!!! The change has commenced!!!!! Sai baba. Even if PMB dey coma, he will still b miles ahead of d clueless, shoeless otuoke drunk**d!

Ode nii eee..Did the case start under Buhari?Did the son forfeit twenty thousand dollars to the Federal Govt under Buhari?You are nothing but a fool and a propangadist..Idiot
Re: “you Mean I’m Now A Prisoner?” – Lamido Exclaims After Court Sends Him To Prison by Nobody: 8:42am On Jul 10, 2015
PvtParts2:

Shout Change!

Like the 1983 politicians, you did not say he didnt commit the offence.

2 Likes

Re: “you Mean I’m Now A Prisoner?” – Lamido Exclaims After Court Sends Him To Prison by loomer: 8:43am On Jul 10, 2015
Go chop beans wey no done well.
Re: “you Mean I’m Now A Prisoner?” – Lamido Exclaims After Court Sends Him To Prison by wengerjay(m): 8:43am On Jul 10, 2015
It's a reality. You have to face it.
Don't worry, you will come back to become our president.
Re: “you Mean I’m Now A Prisoner?” – Lamido Exclaims After Court Sends Him To Prison by Kabir2Mohammad(m): 8:43am On Jul 10, 2015
Hahahha i knw looters like Ngozi, Alison and stella 0dua will start shivering as GMB is not joking with his war against corruption
Re: “you Mean I’m Now A Prisoner?” – Lamido Exclaims After Court Sends Him To Prison by Akanaz(m): 8:44am On Jul 10, 2015
No u r not a prisoner. But a member of Nigeria association of prisoners. Big fool!

2 Likes

Re: “you Mean I’m Now A Prisoner?” – Lamido Exclaims After Court Sends Him To Prison by Nobody: 8:44am On Jul 10, 2015
1bunne4lif:
No! How can he be a prisoner? HE'S A PRISON WARDEN
Lwkmd
Re: “you Mean I’m Now A Prisoner?” – Lamido Exclaims After Court Sends Him To Prison by Captainswag225(m): 8:44am On Jul 10, 2015
yeah, u are now a convict. Enjoy ur new home.
Re: “you Mean I’m Now A Prisoner?” – Lamido Exclaims After Court Sends Him To Prison by phelps007: 8:44am On Jul 10, 2015
Lol

This wouldn't have been your portion if you had been more sensible and unselfish.

Sorry Mr ex governor, immunity has left you since May 29th.

Go cool off in jail if found guilty as charged..

1 Like

Re: “you Mean I’m Now A Prisoner?” – Lamido Exclaims After Court Sends Him To Prison by socialmediaman: 8:46am On Jul 10, 2015
AwesomelyMade:
My only problem is that these guys will be given first class treatment in prison

But they will sleep in prison, even if it's the prison warder's office. No freedom to travel abroad and enjoy the alleged looted funds again, more like this should be happening at least to deter others. I see the EFCC working so much harder this time to reclaim their lost will, FFK was lucky at the first count, but more to come his way as EFCC fight harder. Ohakim's own was even funny, his bail was for the same amount he was being accused of looting, the drama continues, but my concern is for these money to be recovered and committed to something people can benefit from

1 Like

Re: “you Mean I’m Now A Prisoner?” – Lamido Exclaims After Court Sends Him To Prison by Precious91(m): 8:46am On Jul 10, 2015
hun hun,you are now goin for excusion
Re: “you Mean I’m Now A Prisoner?” – Lamido Exclaims After Court Sends Him To Prison by ikojo2(f): 8:47am On Jul 10, 2015
Question
Re: “you Mean I’m Now A Prisoner?” – Lamido Exclaims After Court Sends Him To Prison by simplynola(m): 8:47am On Jul 10, 2015
Alhaji Lamido, Its either you be a Prisoner or a Fugitive.
Re: “you Mean I’m Now A Prisoner?” – Lamido Exclaims After Court Sends Him To Prison by Hanibal(m): 8:47am On Jul 10, 2015
ECOTERRORS:
Sule lamido was NEVER a front runner for the post of presidency
Front runner or back runner, he was a runner, you cant dispute that.
Re: “you Mean I’m Now A Prisoner?” – Lamido Exclaims After Court Sends Him To Prison by sleeknick: 8:47am On Jul 10, 2015
Ur not a prisoner oh... U be boarder. Na boarding house u dey go
Re: “you Mean I’m Now A Prisoner?” – Lamido Exclaims After Court Sends Him To Prison by Omotayor123(f): 8:48am On Jul 10, 2015
No... But he's now an ELEWON grin
Re: “you Mean I’m Now A Prisoner?” – Lamido Exclaims After Court Sends Him To Prison by 1bunne4lif(m): 8:50am On Jul 10, 2015
Freemanan:

Lwkmd
If i were to be among the prisoners, each morning i'll give him a dirty slap

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Eid-El-Maulud: FG Declares Friday Public Holiday / Senator David Mark Sack Brother, Son And Others / Gunmen Attack Goodluck Jonathan’s Home In Otuoke, Kill 1 Soldier, Injure Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.