Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,785 members, 7,820,753 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:55 PM

Finance Perm Sec. Ignore Saraki's Invitation - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Finance Perm Sec. Ignore Saraki's Invitation (42755 Views)

Workers Day : Drama As Workers Reject Being Addressed By Perm Sec. / Budget Padding: EFCC Writes Clerk, Perm Sec- The Nation / Revealed! Buhari Illegally Kept Shu’ara As Perm Sec To Spy On Kachikwu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Finance Perm Sec. Ignore Saraki's Invitation by Rexology: 12:15am On Jul 13, 2015
MrCounselor:

I don't understand your problems with ministers.
What if PMB decides to stick with the perm secs fro the next 4years then?
He has been using them and Nigeria have not collapsed yet. After a year Nigerians will actually know he's unwilling to appoint any Zap.ing minister, maybe by then you would be calling him Baba Snail.
Grow out of the archetypal minister-strewn government... I can live without them. What good came out of Allison Maduekwe being a petroleum minister, or people who knows nothing about avaition yet being a misnister there just to appoint someone as minister. Mmtschew.
Cut PMB some slacks, people.
Buy a copy of the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, read it 2 Times in the morning, 3times in the afternoon and 5times at night for 7months. If your Ignorance continues, please consult T B Joshua and thank me afterwards.

3 Likes

Re: Finance Perm Sec. Ignore Saraki's Invitation by change49ja: 12:17am On Jul 13, 2015
Ghandi12:

Your choice of word is similar to the alleged one used by the SP Bukola Saraki on the Vice President Yemi Osinbajo. Everyone that expects respect from others should understand the law of reciprocity.

Civil service is an enviable career and should not be derided. Politicians are not necessarily more intelligent or more resourceful than their contemporaries in civil service. Fashola, Oshiomole, El-Rufai, Ribadu, Osinbajo, and many others are products of Nigeria civil service and they are all still contributing to the development of this Nation.

God bless you...
Re: Finance Perm Sec. Ignore Saraki's Invitation by MrCounselor: 12:17am On Jul 13, 2015
agabaI23:
Mr counselor, if he does not want to appoint ministers, it is his kettle of fish and I have no probems with. I however used ministerial list as an example Oga counsellor. You should have read between the lines before going into a lecture. Is that how you counsel people?

Is ministerial list the only thing that will need senate's approval?
Your comment does not correspond with what you quoted, i commented on calling PMB "Baba go slow" and I believe that was solely because he hasn't appointed your much loved MINISTERs (not of my concern though). I emphasized I wud love a technocratic govt, hurrying him to put up a cabinent that wud not stand d test of time is b,u,l,l,sh!t...
Wait for "the fullness of time", maybe 2019. lmao.
Check ma signature ...

1 Like

Re: Finance Perm Sec. Ignore Saraki's Invitation by cvibe2: 12:17am On Jul 13, 2015
ok
Re: Finance Perm Sec. Ignore Saraki's Invitation by neocortex: 12:19am On Jul 13, 2015
midolian:
Saraki don spoil hinself. He will go down in history as the most disrespected senate president as a result of the treacherous means through which he occupied that exalted seat.

Bullshit!
This isn't the first time executive arm of the government especially ministers will ignore senate invitations,
I wonder why some people choose to be amnesic on such issues.

By the way, what is exalted about the seat ?
The billions of allowances ?

1 Like

Re: Finance Perm Sec. Ignore Saraki's Invitation by Day11(m): 12:22am On Jul 13, 2015
See what a guy I so much love brought to himself.

Greed.

Power drunk

Africans are greedy. Saraki fuccked himself up.

4 Likes

Re: Finance Perm Sec. Ignore Saraki's Invitation by ruffDiamond: 12:23am On Jul 13, 2015
grin
Mogidi:

Are you people inviting anarchy?
anarchy for saraku Ilorin dynasthieves angry
Re: Finance Perm Sec. Ignore Saraki's Invitation by MrCounselor: 12:24am On Jul 13, 2015
Rexology:

Buy a copy of the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, read it 2 Times in the morning, 3times in the afternoon and 5times at night for 7months. If your Ignorance continues, please consult T B Joshua and thank me afterwards.
Why? U MUST BE HIGH ON SOMETHING I DO NOT KNOW.
Here is for knowledgeable fellas, dole out your point from the consitution, make your reference as salient as possible so we can diagnose it. Quoting a technical book like that can be a show of ignorance.
You might be helping lots of Nairalanders out, me inclusive.

1 Like

Re: Finance Perm Sec. Ignore Saraki's Invitation by NgwaManNaija4LF(m): 12:25am On Jul 13, 2015
Mogidi:

Are you people inviting anarchy?

Don't mind the illiterates,they are the ones voting anyhow without clear vision.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Finance Perm Sec. Ignore Saraki's Invitation by dignity33: 12:26am On Jul 13, 2015
I think there is something going on behind the close door, how come perm.sec refuse to honor senate president invitation simple bc PMB don't want him as SP, in any democratic Government President have no right to dictate what goes to NASS by the way is SP not constitutional elected or is perm.sec working for buhari alone or Nigeria bc he have a mandately right to respect NASS invitation for questioning . This PMB can not run this country alone and manipulate any thing the way he want without check and balances that is not democracy
Re: Finance Perm Sec. Ignore Saraki's Invitation by Rexology: 12:27am On Jul 13, 2015
[quote author=MrCounselor post=35794829]
Who are the majority you are dragging into mud? And what damage was done?
With the situation of things except the issue of security, no other sector, I REPEAT, no other sector is lagging behind...
Saraki brought disrespect on himself by turning back on his party (don't he know he'll clash wt the president?) to sabotage his unpopular senate leadership...
Ministers are mere political appointees, not usually experts in their respective posts. If PMB should continue with Perm Secs (they are very versed in their offices) till 2019 I won't object, only that PMB's goverment will be close to that of TECHNOCRATs.
I don't know why people are blindly clamouring for MINISTERs unless their family members could become potential appointees.
Left to me, I can live with a *ministerless* government.[/quote

Buy a copy of the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, read it 2 Times in the morning, 3times in the afternoon and 5times at night for 7months. If your Ignorance continues, please consult T B Joshua and thank me afterwards
Re: Finance Perm Sec. Ignore Saraki's Invitation by NgwaManNaija4LF(m): 12:32am On Jul 13, 2015
guardsman:

God forbid! If voting out a clueless, corrupt, inept & dysfunctional govt is wrong, i don't want to be right. Saraki has further damaged d chances of PDP in 2019 because his connivance wit his soulmates in d discredited PDP is d only reason why we hav dis impasse. Nigerians hav seen dat Saraki lacks integrity because he is not APC but PDP in d guise of APC. Who is fooling who. Nigerians ar not deceived.
PMB is working, making money 4 nigeria & rendering accounts in a transparent manner. d foreign reserves has moved frm $29b to over $31b in just one month even without ministers.
PMB is a General dat has fought many battles & he will hav no problem dealing wit d treacherous fool.

Saraki, d wolf in sheep's clothing, d PDP's mole in APC's time will come & he, Saraki knows dat it won't be long frm now.

My friend shut up and drink your garri.
Re: Finance Perm Sec. Ignore Saraki's Invitation by braine(m): 12:35am On Jul 13, 2015
bamidele029:
He he he, Saraki you sef don become ordinary senate president grin karma is on time
Hahaha! Hilarious! LMAO! You just made my night! Karma is a slutt.

2 Likes

Re: Finance Perm Sec. Ignore Saraki's Invitation by Reference(m): 12:37am On Jul 13, 2015
The Executive will just be tying themselves in knots. To govern effectively you need the House, pure and simple. Whoever advises Buhari had better not set him up for a fall. Even the almighty OBJ tried to usurp the House several times, he lost. Their work is not just oversite. They are the crucible of laws and without laws a government simply cannot operate.
Re: Finance Perm Sec. Ignore Saraki's Invitation by MrCounselor: 12:38am On Jul 13, 2015
agabaI23:
And he is also going to work without SGF, has he appointed a chief of staff yet? I now know you guys are confused like he is. You even accepted he needs some ministers not all? Talking before thinking like Buhari acts before thinking...
Check the quotes in bold. You quote like an illeterate, simple comprehension you failed to understand.
I neva claimed that he needed *some particular ministers*, c'mon! I only made reference to some portfolios usually appointed with persons who are experts in the fields such as health, finance etc and that others are usually appointed just anybody.
See u're feeling sleepy...
Re: Finance Perm Sec. Ignore Saraki's Invitation by Rexology: 12:41am On Jul 13, 2015
MrCounselor:

Why? U MUST BE HIGH ON SOMETHING I DO NOT KNOW.
Here is for knowledgeable fellas, dole out your point from the consitution, make your reference as salient as possible so we can diagnose it. Quoting a technical book like that can be a show of ignorance.
You might be helping lots of Nairalanders out, me inclusive.
Am sorry if you felt insulted by my earliar post.
Section 147(1)(2)(3)(4)(5)of the constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria is clear on the issue of Ministers,therefore the President CANNOT chose to govern without appointing Ministers(at least 36Ministers).

Re: Finance Perm Sec. Ignore Saraki's Invitation by MrCounselor: 12:45am On Jul 13, 2015
Rexology:

Am sorry if you felt insulted by my earliar post.
Section 147(1)(2)(3)(4)(5)of the constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria is clear on the issue of Ministers,therefore the President CANNOT chose to govern without appointing Ministers(at least 36Ministers).
Thank you bro, you buttressed your point beautifully without no stress. You just enlightened me.

But the main verb in section(1) are: SHALL & MAY (not MUST)... Meaning he may choose to or not, just expected of the president.

Now to the house, what if he choose not?
But I doubt he wouldn't choose any, just trying not to make costly mistakes. And by the way, Nigeria is not faring badly at the moment except terrorism even though Security Chiefs are intact too. My mind goes all out to the terrorism victims.

1 Like

Re: Finance Perm Sec. Ignore Saraki's Invitation by RickyTan: 12:54am On Jul 13, 2015
Wardrobe allowance seeking "sinators" have been disrobed. Very soon Kashamu will send invites too.
Re: Finance Perm Sec. Ignore Saraki's Invitation by islandmoon: 1:03am On Jul 13, 2015
lawanson44:
[size=18pt]Buhari will soon..... lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Osubande will be kicked out...

And then Saraki will become the next President after Dullardihno!
[/size]

then he will be the president of federal republic of kwara zulu gbambari

not on us!

you arent see norrin! Niger Delta , Odua , Biafra will be accomplished , and the dumb bokos will have their sharia state with their sponsor as the president!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Finance Perm Sec. Ignore Saraki's Invitation by RickyTan: 1:05am On Jul 13, 2015
9jatatafo:

PMB is a sole administrator. It beats my imagination that a democratically elected president has no ministers. APC are accusing the ex finance minister that she withdrew some money without approval and I am wondering who approved the funds PMB shared to states all in the name of bail out. We are in a big mess

PMB saving Naija money and replenishing Naija reserves. Jonathan and his ministers met 60B USD but left only 29B USD. What did Naija get for all money spent? Electricity? No. Refineries? Security? No. Nothing and yet you want more ministers to waste our money. Sai baba!

God Bless BABA
God Bless Naija

4 Likes

Re: Finance Perm Sec. Ignore Saraki's Invitation by tomakint: 1:09am On Jul 13, 2015
The sooner this arrogant and megalomaniac Saraki realized that he is not IN CHARGE OF THE SENATE let alone summoning the Permanent Secretary of Finance Ministry the better. I stand by my predictions that, Saraki is about to walk into one big trap set for him by the Executive/Strong APC stalwarts in SouthWest, and this will happen very soon!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Finance Perm Sec. Ignore Saraki's Invitation by islandmoon: 1:11am On Jul 13, 2015
we dont even need ministers, those oloshas should go and find job, Nigeria has changed! we will probe them soon! we can not afford another wardrobe allowance for ministers, only if the can wear boxers and G string to their offices, period!!!

5 Likes

Re: Finance Perm Sec. Ignore Saraki's Invitation by agabusta: 1:14am On Jul 13, 2015
hush15:

That's APC mentality for you. In less than two months, they have ridiculed the hallowed chambers of the NASS, diminished the exalted office of the presidency and still counting...

its well because there is God. Is there any way to fast forward 2015 to 2019 so I can vote these edits out. Meanwhile, the should keep ridiculing the Senate o. All that is needed to impeach Buhari is the APC unity forum and the minority members....

One more thing for Nigerians to observe, which is the abuse of office just because their preferred candidates didn't win. They claiming betrayal as a ground to abuse a constitutional elected officer. Is this what you voted for?

See you, and you think your Unity forum and minority members are up to 2/3rd needed to impeach the president right? Keep dreaming. For your information, some guys with Saraki are also die hard fans of Buhari. Let Saraki mount any attack on the person of Buhari and you'll be surprised at how his rank and file will diminish. He'll be left with only the natural haters of Buhari, I expect you to know the regions these ones are from. And they definitely do not have the numbers to impeach the president.

Infact I dont even think Saraki has the constitutional power to summon a Civil servant. That power resides with the senate or its standing committee. I dont think we have withnessed any senate sitting where a motion to invite the Permanent Secretary was advanced. The senate is not in session.

...Saraki's decision with some other principal members to have the Permanent Secretary to privately brief them on the state of the Nation's finances is fishy.

If they dont have anything to hide, let them invite the PS to brief the whole senate, or the senate committee of finance which the selfish Saraki is yet to constitute due to his adjoning sitting to a date convenient to only himself and his cohorts at the detriment of the nation.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Finance Perm Sec. Ignore Saraki's Invitation by agabusta: 1:18am On Jul 13, 2015
millionaireman:

How did the Senate President and his other officers of the Senate violate the constitution to attain their positions?

Were they not elected by the majority in the senate on inauguration day?

The Senate Clerk changed the rules for the election of Senate Principal Officers in 2015, just like INEC changed the rules for the general election of 2015 by bringing in card readers; Muhammadu Buhari won and was congratulated by the losers.

Is Buhari administration not making Nigeria ungovernable?

You are trying to be smart comparing the Clerk of the NA with INEC. The clerk does not have the constitutional power to change the senate rules. Be informed that the senate rules is made by the senate for the senate. Any modification has to go through the senate and adopted by the senate. What the Clerk with connivance with some senators did is ultra vires.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Finance Perm Sec. Ignore Saraki's Invitation by islandmoon: 1:19am On Jul 13, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

Buhari/Osibanjo may most likely pay the worst of prices if they don't take time here...because Saraki APC supporters with PDP has got the constitutional number to impeach them...automatically promoting Saraki to president...cheesy so if they don't sit up then there seats may become shaky...while Saraki cannot be impeached by them alone because they lack the numbers...gringrin Saraki bu otito toro n'akpa amu gringrin If you leave it wahala...if you cut it wahala gringrin

it will not work! then America prediction will come to reality, no corrupt person will Nigeria again! Never again!!
Re: Finance Perm Sec. Ignore Saraki's Invitation by EdCure: 1:21am On Jul 13, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

bolded shows you're still in secondary school...go back and sleep and prepare for school tomorrow... smh...
You can now clap for yourself for haven presented your lofty academic credentials by virtue of your uncommon analysis of the subject-matter.
The greatest deception that users of anonymous sites like Nairaland have is from your own opinions.

3 Likes

Re: Finance Perm Sec. Ignore Saraki's Invitation by alfakoro1(m): 1:26am On Jul 13, 2015
At least d perm sec shld respect d third in command of d nation. Even if it's unconstitutional to to invite him on national financial inclusion.
Re: Finance Perm Sec. Ignore Saraki's Invitation by worksmart(m): 1:27am On Jul 13, 2015
Everyday before we believe any story we should ask ourselves:

What prevented the president attending to inaugurate his own NAss.

What is preventing the president from appointing his cabinet.

Why is presidents apparently being photographed by news media, yet there is no video clip of the president being asked a single question.

What is the reason most members (90%) of the the transition committee have seemingly vanished?

Unless you can answer these questions, it would be wise to assume that the news we are getting is likely fake.

All these concerns can be dispelled in one swoop, if PMB appears in a televised news conference and takes questions on current issues.
Re: Finance Perm Sec. Ignore Saraki's Invitation by Rexology: 1:40am On Jul 13, 2015
MrCounselor:

Thank you bro, you buttressed your point beautifully without no stress. You just enlightened me.

But the main verb in section(1) are: SHALL & MAY (not MUST)... Meaning he may choose to or not, just expected of the president.

Now to the house, what if he choose not?
But I doubt he wouldn't choose any, just trying not to make costly mistakes. And by the way, Nigeria is not faring badly at the moment except terrorism even though Security Chiefs are intact too. My mind goes all out to the terrorism victims.
Bros read that S147 (1) with a very clear understanding. "There SHALL BE such offices of Ministers of the Government of the Federation as MAY BE established by the President" 'SHALL BE' is a commanding tone, Certainty, the word 'MAY' in this context does not mean that the President 'may' decide not to appoint Ministers, it simply means that the President is in charge of establishing the FEC which the the first line of that section had said"THERE SHALL BE". Therefore, the President is COMPELLED by this section of the Constitution to establish the FEC. It's an impeachable offence should he fail to do that. He has no choice, he MUST establish the FEC.

1 Like

Re: Finance Perm Sec. Ignore Saraki's Invitation by Nobody: 1:44am On Jul 13, 2015
EdCure:

Serves him right. Lets see how he arrogate more power to himself same way he seized the Senate.
I'll advice Buhari to go ahead and swear-in his ministers should the criminal Saraki try to pose a stumbling block.
That will lead to anarchy. If Saraki and the Senate decide to be a "stumbling block", good old dialogue and politicking could be explored.
Besides, I don't think there is any provision in the constitution or the Senate rules, which allow a President to make "recess" appointments.
Re: Finance Perm Sec. Ignore Saraki's Invitation by philips70(m): 1:47am On Jul 13, 2015
specco:
Majority of Nigeran voters earnestly wish they could turn back the hand of time to pre March 28 but its too late. The damage is already done until another opportunty in 2019. Once bitten twice shy.

If they run the election again and APC presents a dog, it will still win the PDP. Do you know what is called mass destruction? That's what PDP did to this country. PDP is Conan the destroyer.

1 Like

Re: Finance Perm Sec. Ignore Saraki's Invitation by porka: 1:50am On Jul 13, 2015
[size=13pt]Buhari the legendary coup plotter will never abide by democratic tenets. His forte is suspending the CONSTITUTION and promulgation of dictatorial decrees.

Many APC leaders and members are anarchists. They cannot function in simple democratic society. When they lose elections they throw bombs all over Nigeria to make the country 'ungovernable'. When they win elections they still set-up parallel cabinets and subvert institutions.

They breed herds as followers. Freedom and independence of opinion and the media are strange to them.

The little gains Nigeria has made in the rule of law and democracy in the past 16 years are being reversed quickly with DICTATORIAL actions and sliding the country into anarchy.[/size]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Peoples Democratic Party Changes Name?? / GEJ And Wife, Patience, Planning To Assassinate Me-Rev. Fr. Mbaka / IPOB Members In Jewish Apparel Storm High Court Ahead Of Nnamdi Kanu's Trial

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.