Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,554 members, 7,819,975 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:49 AM

Finance Perm Sec. Ignore Saraki's Invitation - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Finance Perm Sec. Ignore Saraki's Invitation (42747 Views)

Workers Day : Drama As Workers Reject Being Addressed By Perm Sec. / Budget Padding: EFCC Writes Clerk, Perm Sec- The Nation / Revealed! Buhari Illegally Kept Shu’ara As Perm Sec To Spy On Kachikwu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Finance Perm Sec. Ignore Saraki's Invitation by strongerthaneva(m): 11:38pm On Jul 12, 2015
Iykopee:
Are these guys in APC wired to reason like animals? Oh becos saraki legally wangled his way to the top, he shud be disrepected eh? Little wonder the president is a daura zombie.
u must be on cheap weed..Stupid fellow..du u think we like PDP that is lawless in all manners? God forbid..

6 Likes

Re: Finance Perm Sec. Ignore Saraki's Invitation by guardsman: 11:38pm On Jul 12, 2015
specco:
Majority of Nigeran voters earnestly wish they could turn back the hand of time to pre March 28 but its too late. The damage is already done until another opportunty in 2019. Once bitten twice shy.

God forbid! If voting out a clueless, corrupt, inept & dysfunctional govt is wrong, i don't want to be right. Saraki has further damaged d chances of PDP in 2019 because his connivance wit his soulmates in d discredited PDP is d only reason why we hav dis impasse. Nigerians hav seen dat Saraki lacks integrity because he is not APC but PDP in d guise of APC. Who is fooling who. Nigerians ar not deceived.
PMB is working, making money 4 nigeria & rendering accounts in a transparent manner. d foreign reserves has moved frm $29b to over $31b in just one month even without ministers.
PMB is a General dat has fought many battles & he will hav no problem dealing wit d treacherous fool.

Saraki, d wolf in sheep's clothing, d PDP's mole in APC's time will come & he, Saraki knows dat it won't be long frm now.

15 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Finance Perm Sec. Ignore Saraki's Invitation by Whynotthetruth(m): 11:38pm On Jul 12, 2015
EdCure:

Serves him right. Lets see how he arrogate more power to himself same way he seized the Senate.
[b]I'll advice Buhari to go ahead and swear-in his ministers should the criminal Saraki try to pose a stumbling block.[\b]
bolded shows you're still in secondary school...go back and sleep and prepare for school tomorrow... smh...

2 Likes

Re: Finance Perm Sec. Ignore Saraki's Invitation by millionaireman: 11:38pm On Jul 12, 2015
senier007:

“They,  infact, not only violated the constitution to ascend to the Senate leadership, they murdered it !”

Source: http://www.punchng.com/news/saraki-lacks-constitutional-right-to-summon-ps-senator/

cc lalasticla

How did the Senate President and his other officers of the Senate violate the constitution to attain their positions?

Were they not elected by the majority in the senate on inauguration day?

The Senate Clerk changed the rules for the election of Senate Principal Officers in 2015, just like INEC changed the rules for the general election of 2015 by bringing in card readers; Muhammadu Buhari won and was congratulated by the losers.

Is Buhari administration not making Nigeria ungovernable?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Finance Perm Sec. Ignore Saraki's Invitation by islandmoon: 11:38pm On Jul 12, 2015
He!heheh he! i just dey laugh! Saraki won the heart of Kwara and some guys in the north with common Amala! we no longer run amala politic in nigeria, you can come and arrest me, beside Nigeria is prison as a whole! so..who cares??
Re: Finance Perm Sec. Ignore Saraki's Invitation by hush15: 11:39pm On Jul 12, 2015
agabaI23:
I hope you won't mind him when he sits on the ministerial list or any other thing that president wants approved.

Babagloslow should respect the constitution

shey, when an executive bill is to be passed or need an agreement, he should just chill and relax, waiting to reciprocate. Hope then, they won't say he is being arrogant... APC shooting themselves in the balls.

its this same APC that would be carrying foul... If I was in Saraki's shoes. I won't request anything further or bother but p wait for the right time to strike back.
Re: Finance Perm Sec. Ignore Saraki's Invitation by dabigwalls: 11:40pm On Jul 12, 2015
I hope he is not nominated as minister. Lmao
Re: Finance Perm Sec. Ignore Saraki's Invitation by 9jatatafo(m): 11:40pm On Jul 12, 2015
AhmadMind:

[size=18pt]The Problem here is that by ONE Singular Action PMB has vindicated GEJ years of SHARING MONEY...

Because for a democratically elected President to single-handedly dish out over Half A Trillion Naira.... without proper NEC or Senate or Bureaucratic discussions or Referendum ..... Nigeria is in Big trouble. How will investors feel
[/size]

PMB is a sole administrator. It beats my imagination that a democratically elected president has no ministers. APC are accusing the ex finance minister that she withdrew some money without approval and I am wondering who approved the funds PMB shared to states all in the name of bail out. We are in a big mess

2 Likes

Re: Finance Perm Sec. Ignore Saraki's Invitation by mpowa(m): 11:41pm On Jul 12, 2015
specco:
Majority of Nigeran voters earnestly wish they could turn back the hand of time to pre March 28 but its too late. The damage is already done until another opportunty in 2019. Once bitten twice shy.

What's the Alternative then, GEJ? mba, no regrets, this APC might not be giving us the best presently, but was great we finally got rid of "stealing is not corruption" a lot of leakages have stopped, Impunity is no more the order of the day, the agencies are getting active again, even PHCN is performing better now - If APC gets their acts together, we would begin to see better results, if not we would send them packing come 2019, but FORWARD EVER, BACKWARD NEVER.

6 Likes

Re: Finance Perm Sec. Ignore Saraki's Invitation by Brytawon(m): 11:44pm On Jul 12, 2015
Issokay...
Re: Finance Perm Sec. Ignore Saraki's Invitation by Whynotthetruth(m): 11:45pm On Jul 12, 2015
ECOTERRORS:
And the cookie keeps crumbling, APC will self destruct before june next year

Buhari/Osibanjo may most likely pay the worst of prices if they don't take time here...because Saraki APC supporters with PDP has got the constitutional number to impeach them...automatically promoting Saraki to president...cheesy so if they don't sit up then there seats may become shaky...while Saraki cannot be impeached by them alone because they lack the numbers...gringrin Saraki bu otito toro n'akpa amu gringrin If you leave it wahala...if you cut it wahala gringrin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Finance Perm Sec. Ignore Saraki's Invitation by change49ja: 11:45pm On Jul 12, 2015
bamidele029:
He he he, Saraki you sef don become ordinary senate president grin karma is on time

grin grin grin 'Ordinary Senate President'. But seriously, the way this is going, no one will respect Saraki o...

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Finance Perm Sec. Ignore Saraki's Invitation by millionaireman: 11:45pm On Jul 12, 2015
midolian:
Saraki don spoil hinself. He will go down in history as the most disrespected senate president as a result of the treacherous means through which he occupied that exalted seat.

Former Speaker, Tambuwal, did not respect PDP's directive and emerged the Speaker of House of Representatives in the 7th NASS.

Tambuwal from beginning worked for the opposition, and finally for the APC, while he occupied the Speaker position of the majority PDP.

Jonathan deftly worked with Tambuwal for four donkey years.

Therefore, PMB must learn to work with Saraki if Buhari has truly changed to a democrat as he claims.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Finance Perm Sec. Ignore Saraki's Invitation by MrCounselor: 11:47pm On Jul 12, 2015
agabaI23:
I hope you won't mind him when he sits on the ministerial list or any other thing that president wants approved.

Babagloslow should respect the constitution
I don't understand your problems with ministers.
What if PMB decides to stick with the perm secs fro the next 4years then?
He has been using them and Nigeria have not collapsed yet. After a year Nigerians will actually know he's unwilling to appoint any Zap.ing minister, maybe by then you would be calling him Baba Snail.
Grow out of the archetypal minister-strewn government... I can live without them. What good came out of Allison Maduekwe being a petroleum minister, or people who knows nothing about avaition yet being a misnister there just to appoint someone as minister. Mmtschew.
Cut PMB some slacks, people.

7 Likes

Re: Finance Perm Sec. Ignore Saraki's Invitation by agabaI23(m): 11:49pm On Jul 12, 2015
hush15:

shey, when an executive bill is to be passed or need an agreement, he should just chill and relax, waiting to reciprocate. Hope then, they won't say he is being arrogant... APC shooting themselves in the balls.

its this same APC that would be carrying foul... If I was in Saraki's shoes. I won't request anything further or bother but p wait for the right time to strike back.
You think Saraki the chess master does not know? He knows his powers oooo
Re: Finance Perm Sec. Ignore Saraki's Invitation by mkoabiola: 11:49pm On Jul 12, 2015
Unfortunatley,Saraki is d SP,dere is nothing any senator can do abt it ,
If dey ar bent on frustrating hs effort den d party together with d loosers will av a share of d blame n shame.
It is beta dey put deir ass togeda n work for d common goal of d party if nt .....
Come 2019,d pendulum may swing
Re: Finance Perm Sec. Ignore Saraki's Invitation by millionaireman: 11:51pm On Jul 12, 2015
MrCounselor:

He has been using them and Nigeria have not collapsed yet. After a year Nigerians will actually know he's unwilling to appoint any Zap.ing minister, maybe by then you would be calling him Baba Snail.
Grow out of the archetypal minister-strewn government... I can live without them. What good came out of Allison Maduekwe being a petroleum minister, or people who knows nothing about avaition yet being a misnister there just to appoint someone as minister. Mmtschew.

Have you ever heard the saying: "more heads are better than one"? The longer PMB presides over Nigeria without ministers, the more Nigeria retrogresses. Perm secs are mere civil servants, not politicians who plan for a country.
Re: Finance Perm Sec. Ignore Saraki's Invitation by agabaI23(m): 11:54pm On Jul 12, 2015
MrCounselor:

Mr counselor, if he does not want to appoint ministers, it is his kettle of fish and I have no probems with. I however used ministerial list as an example Oga counsellor. You should have read between the lines before going into a lecture. Is that how you counsel people?

Is ministerial list the only thing that will need senate's approval?

3 Likes

Re: Finance Perm Sec. Ignore Saraki's Invitation by Ghandi12: 11:55pm On Jul 12, 2015
millionaireman:

Former Speaker, Tambuwal, did not respect PDP's directive and emerged the Speaker of House of Representatives in the 7th NASS.
Tambuwal from beginning worked for the opposition, and finally for the APC, while he occupied the Speaker position of the majority PDP.
Jonathan deftly worked with Tambuwal for four donkey years...

Good observation. I agree with you this is one of many mistakes Jonathan led PDP made in the build-up to the 2015 Presidential election.

millionaireman:

...Therefore, PMB must learn to work with Saraki if Buhari has truly changed to a democrat as he claims.

Based on your observation dont you think it will be unwise for Buhari led APC to repeat the same mistake that has already led to a failure.

4 Likes

Re: Finance Perm Sec. Ignore Saraki's Invitation by Akanaz(m): 11:55pm On Jul 12, 2015
It is so glaring here that the perm. Sec. Has grudge againt the senate president.

1 Like

Re: Finance Perm Sec. Ignore Saraki's Invitation by omogin(f): 11:55pm On Jul 12, 2015
There are many things to hide na. He can't just go without clearance, lol
Re: Finance Perm Sec. Ignore Saraki's Invitation by change49ja: 11:59pm On Jul 12, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

Maybe soon his APC supporters alongside PDP will team together to impeach buhari...they have the numbers bro...gringringringrin and he will graduate to president immediately gringringringrin

Let's assume for a minute that they have the numbers( we all know that's not right) but don't forget that Buhari has the power...You don't mess with a president. They dare not.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Finance Perm Sec. Ignore Saraki's Invitation by MrCounselor: 11:59pm On Jul 12, 2015
millionaireman:

Have you ever heard the saying: "more heads are better than one"? The longer PMB presides over Nigeria without ministers, the more Nigeria retrogresses. Perm secs are mere civil servants, not politicians who plan for a country.
OMG, you don't get it.
The permanent secretaries have better credentials than the so called *ministers* who are mere political appointees (figureheads). Nothing but political!
Only few posts have people from the very field being the ministers eg Finance, Health and some few others, maybe education.
Is okonjo Iweala a politician b4? Those plans you mentioned are mere fallacy. If you are close to PMB you may earn any ministerial post, then start hiring advisers in that field to adcvse you on the innings and workings of the field if not your natural field of expertise which is the situation in most cases.
Shikena...

Check ma signature sire!

4 Likes

Re: Finance Perm Sec. Ignore Saraki's Invitation by adebisicutie: 12:00am On Jul 13, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

Buhari/Osibanjo may most likely pay the worst of prices if they don't take time here...because Saraki APC supporters with PDP has got the constitutional number to impeach them...automatically promoting Saraki to president...cheesy so if they don't sit up then there seats may become shaky...while Saraki cannot be impeached by them alone because they lack the numbers...gringrin Saraki bu otito toro n'akpa amu gringrin If you leave it wahala...if you cut it wahala gringrin

You are forgetting that the Senate President has no immunity and thee have been many accusations trailing him from his time as a Governor. All Buhari would have to do is have EFCC deal with him and the deputy senate president can be taken care of. Saraki knows not to step out of line where Buhari is concerned plus the northerners will turn on him so fast and the SW can't stand him already

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Finance Perm Sec. Ignore Saraki's Invitation by change49ja: 12:07am On Jul 13, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

Maybe soon his APC supporters alongside PDP will team together to impeach buhari...they have the numbers bro...gringringringrin and he will graduate to president immediately gringringringrin

If there's anyone that'll be impeached, it's Saraki...you think the northerners are that stupid. You sincerely think they'll impeach Buhari for Osinbajo to be president? Are you kidding me? They'll rather use Saraki as a sacrificial goat or cow.

4 Likes

Re: Finance Perm Sec. Ignore Saraki's Invitation by adekaz777: 12:09am On Jul 13, 2015
APC setting another bad precedent of encouraging in-subordination against office of the president of the senate of fed. Republic of nigeria not senator bukola saraki the same way they did in case of tambuwal speakership and amiechi chairmanship of governors' forum. They just av to stop their bad politics of do-or-die, lies & propaganda and be more focus delivering of their campaign promises of "change"
Re: Finance Perm Sec. Ignore Saraki's Invitation by Nwulia(f): 12:10am On Jul 13, 2015
agabaI23:
Mr counselor, if he does not want to appoint ministers, it is his kettle of fish and I have no probems with. I however used ministerial list as an example Oga counsellor. You should have read between the lines before going into a lecture. Is that how you counsel people?

Is ministerial list the only thing that will need senate's approval?
tell him,there is the budget and so many more that passes through the senate before approval.
Re: Finance Perm Sec. Ignore Saraki's Invitation by agabaI23(m): 12:11am On Jul 13, 2015
MrCounselor:

And he is also going to work without SGF, has he appointed a chief of staff yet? I now know you guys are confused like he is. You even accepted he needs some ministers not all? Talking before thinking like Buhari acts before thinking...
Re: Finance Perm Sec. Ignore Saraki's Invitation by eejo(m): 12:12am On Jul 13, 2015
stupid apc when a bag of rice is now 12,000 naira against jona time of 8,400 naira with naira in free fall against the dollar the e rats are busy talking rubbish
Re: Finance Perm Sec. Ignore Saraki's Invitation by agabaI23(m): 12:13am On Jul 13, 2015
Nwulia:
tell him,there is the budget and so many more that passes through the senate before approval.
I have told him ma..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Finance Perm Sec. Ignore Saraki's Invitation by Ghandi12: 12:13am On Jul 13, 2015
millionaireman:

Your choice of word is similar to the alleged one used by the SP Bukola Saraki on the Vice President Yemi Osinbajo. Everyone that expects respect from others should understand the law of reciprocity.

Civil service is an enviable career and should not be derided. Politicians are not necessarily more intelligent or more resourceful than their contemporaries in civil service. Fashola, Oshiomole, El-Rufai, Ribadu, Osinbajo, and many others are products of Nigeria civil service and they are all still contributing to the development of this Nation.

4 Likes

Re: Finance Perm Sec. Ignore Saraki's Invitation by change49ja: 12:14am On Jul 13, 2015
9jatatafo:

PMB is a sole administrator. It beats my imagination that a democratically elected president has no ministers.
APC are accusing the ex finance minister that she withdrew some money without approval and I am wondering who approved the funds PMB shared to states all in the name of bail out. We are in a big mess

What do we get from Ministers like Deziani, Okonjo Iweala and co...

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Thug Arrested For Beheading Police Officer & His Driver In Rivers. PICS / I Won’t Appear Before Senate Wednesday – Customs CG / Pandora Papers: Global Investigation Exposes Secrets Of Some Of Nigeria’s Elite

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.