Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,536 members, 7,819,918 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:40 AM

Finance Perm Sec. Ignore Saraki's Invitation - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Finance Perm Sec. Ignore Saraki's Invitation (42745 Views)

Workers Day : Drama As Workers Reject Being Addressed By Perm Sec. / Budget Padding: EFCC Writes Clerk, Perm Sec- The Nation / Revealed! Buhari Illegally Kept Shu’ara As Perm Sec To Spy On Kachikwu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Finance Perm Sec. Ignore Saraki's Invitation by Nobody: 4:34am On Jul 13, 2015
Saraki is senate president, if you don't like it pls go and hang.
Re: Finance Perm Sec. Ignore Saraki's Invitation by Nobody: 4:39am On Jul 13, 2015
Ghandi12:

Government operate with the Constitution and laws.

I have a copy of the 1999 Constitution beside me now could you, please, point a place to me where it categorically gives the Senate power to disqualify a nominee and or where it mandates the President to accept Senate decision on any appointee.
As it were now the NASS is as powerful as the Presidency support it to be.
For the category of executive officers that need Senate confirmation e.g. ministers, the constitution implies that no one shall serve as a minister without Senate confirmation.
However, if a minister resigns or is sacked, the president has the power to ask another confirmed minister to supervise the vacant ministry.

The only veto power the president has is vetoing bills passed by the NASS; which can be overridden by a 2/3 vote in each chamber of the NASS. The president cannot veto the decision of the Senate regarding a nominee.
Re: Finance Perm Sec. Ignore Saraki's Invitation by mystockyear: 4:40am On Jul 13, 2015
am happy to hear this
Re: Finance Perm Sec. Ignore Saraki's Invitation by adconline(m): 4:45am On Jul 13, 2015
Excuzeme:

Did you say CRIPPLED OBJ?
The last time l checked, these folks you mentioned were simply IMPEACHED.... while OBJ continued to govern for 8years!

or are you drunk on some Goat urine? grin grin

And let me add that the current EFCC or ICPC Boss will go the extra length to impress a sitting president, if it means digging up the dirt on Saraki!
Already we are seeing such behaviour with the Governors they ahve taken to court! undecided grin
Junior student of Naija history! OBJ was served impeachment notice by N'Abba and his crew. He was never impeached only Okadigbo was impeached.. How come OBJ didn't threaten them with EFCC/ICPC? BTW, OBJ had to rally past presidents to go and BEG NASS to stop impeachment. In OBJ's book, he admitted that the lowest moment of his presidency was during the impeachment proceeding.

1 Like

Re: Finance Perm Sec. Ignore Saraki's Invitation by easytech1(m): 4:52am On Jul 13, 2015
ORACLE1975:
I think the PS is wrong to have refused to honor that
invitation. Both arms of government have power to
make Nigeria governable. The president does not have
to submit you to go before you do. You need to tread
wisely as those giving you the courage to ignore the call
of the powerful house will also walk you out of your
office. Buhari said he will be guided by the Constitution
of the Fed republic of Nigeria. If there is anything wrong
in our finances, you have to yield to the call of the house
to verify such. The Senate and House are their to
checkmate the activities of Mr President. This is how
we know that the change we voted for is still intact.#teamchange

Much ado about
nothing….ignorant senators
are making loud noise
without actually reading the
constitution and following
precedent. Senate President
has no right under the law
to summon executive
members, except Senate
committee using its
oversight function.
As far as I can tell, there is
no single senate committee
at the moment. Dubious
Saraki has not made public
the list of senate
committees let alone select
its membership. As such,
what is the point of
summoning an executive
member to your office?
Saraki is either power drunk
or clueless of the law he’s
quoting.
The Permanent Secretaries
should continue to ignore
Saraki’s summon until the
right committee(s) in Senate,
using their oversight
function, summon them. If
Saraki needs any
information, he should
either constitute the
committees in the senate
chamber to do their
oversight function, or ask
the presidency for debrief.
That is how it is done in a
civilized world. We did not
elect 2 presidents. We only
elect Buhari. The law is clear.
Section 67(2): “A Minister of
the Government of the
Federation attend either
House of the National
Assembly if invited to
express to the House the
conduct of his Ministry, and
in particular when the
affairs of that Ministry are
under discussion.”
Saraki is being clever by half
with section 67(2)
interpretation. We need not
look further than the
precedent for interpreting
this aspect of the law. In the
past, only the committee
have right to summon
executive members under
oversight function.
Given we don’t have
ministers at the moment,
one can argue that PS are
performing the function of
the ministers in various
agency of government. The
senate & house committee
on finance, economy,
budget et al are the only
body that have the
constitutional right, using
their oversight function, to
summon the PS for
questioning.
Neither the Senate president
office nor house speaker’s
office has the constitutional
right to summon the PS to
their office at will. Only the
President can do that given
it is part of executive
branch.

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Finance Perm Sec. Ignore Saraki's Invitation by abbaapple: 4:54am On Jul 13, 2015
GOOD UNDERSTANDING OF GOVERNANCE IS...

Without Power minister:
- Electricity supply has greatly improved

Without Petroleum minister:
- refineries are almost fully revamped, to commence production within a month.
- Disappearance of fuel queues without oil marketers holding country to ransom.
- Stoppage of phantom fuel subsidy payments to the cabal, & reducing it from over N5b to N1.8b per day.

Without Finance minister:
- External reserves increased by over $2b in a month.
- Bailout to states to clear 8 months salary arrears.
- Closure of all secret govt accounts.
- Maintenance of a single Federation Account for all FG revenues.

Without External Affairs minister:
- Secured multilateral cooperation of all neighbouring countries for a MJTF against Boko Haram.
- G7 cooperation and support in fight against insurgents.

Without Commerce & Trade minister:
- Concluded package to revamp local industries.

All in barely a month!

l'm delighted about the prospect, when PMB would have touched all sectors of our national life.Kudos to PMB&APC

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Finance Perm Sec. Ignore Saraki's Invitation by Ghandi12: 4:57am On Jul 13, 2015
CFCfan:

For the category of executive officers that need Senate confirmation e.g. ministers, the constitution[b] implies[/b] that no one shall serve as a minister without Senate confirmation.

Words like implies are not tenable in constitutional and legal matters. Could you, please, quote verbatim from the 1999 Constitution the section or subsection, schedule and actual content of your interpretation above.

Remember we can imply and interpret as concerned citizens but only courts of competent jurisdictions can, acceptably, interpret the Constitution and laws.

CFCfan:

However, if a minister resigns or is sacked, the president has the power to ask another confirmed minister to supervise the vacant ministry.

This statement has no bearing on the current subject of our discussion.

CFCfan:

The only veto power the president has is vetoing bills passed by the NASS; which can be overridden by a 2/3 vote in each chamber of the NASS. The president cannot veto the decision of the Senate regarding a nominee.

Your posts are your personal words and not from the 1999 Constitution. Can you quote from the 1999 Constitution please.

FYI the current Senate as it stands has 51-loyal APC Senators, 49-loyal PDP Senators and 8-APC Senators appear to be loyal to Saraki.
2/3 of this number = 2/3*108= 72 Senators.

1 Like

Re: Finance Perm Sec. Ignore Saraki's Invitation by chiwondoski: 5:04am On Jul 13, 2015
this government has already failed nigerian and those who voted for so called chain grin sorry change cheesy
Re: Finance Perm Sec. Ignore Saraki's Invitation by Excuzeme: 5:15am On Jul 13, 2015
adconline:

Junior student of Naija history! OBJ was served impeachment notice by N'Abba and his crew. He was never impeached only Okadigbo was impeached.. How come OBJ didn't threaten them with EFCC/ICPC? BTW, OBJ had to rally past presidents to go and BEG NASS to stop impeachment. In OBJ's book, he admitted that the lowest moment of his presidency was during the impeachment proceeding.

"served" means nothing as long as there was no impeachment! grin grin

so you agree that those who tried to harass a President OBJ got IMPEACHED, right? undecided undecided
It also may interest you, from the calculations made above @Ghandi12, Saraki and his co-travellers will NEVER muster the 72 (2/3rds) required to override a PMB VETO.

That is the "game-changer" we are talking about!

PMB will still have his way if/When he intends to appoint EFCC and ICPC Boss who will do the "due-diligence" on Saraki, that would lead to his impeachment, when the time comes.

Learn! Learn!! learn!!! cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Finance Perm Sec. Ignore Saraki's Invitation by Excuzeme: 5:16am On Jul 13, 2015
chiwondoski:
this government has already failed nigerian and those who voted for so called chain grin sorry change cheesy

Gerrout, when did YOU and your SaTANoids become "Nigerians"?

Last time l checked, majority of Nigerians voted PMB while your clueless daft was booted out of office.
You cant even spell correctly! Anumapam!

3 Likes

Re: Finance Perm Sec. Ignore Saraki's Invitation by ALISMILE(m): 5:21am On Jul 13, 2015
I dislike pple who like to grab power by hook or crook! BS u will definitely regret ur actions! Inasmuch as I dislike Tinubu I hate BS worse! Nig is not Kwara!

1 Like

Re: Finance Perm Sec. Ignore Saraki's Invitation by funsho4man(m): 5:26am On Jul 13, 2015
[quote author=senier007 post=35788170]The Senator representing Zamfara Central Senatorial District, Kabir Marafa, said on Sunday that the Senate President lacked both moral and constitutional rights to summon the Permanent Secretary, Federal Ministry of Finance, for briefing on the state of the economy.

Marafa, the spokesperson for the Senate Unity Forum,  who stated this in a statement issued in Abuja, noted that since Saraki had allegedly violated some sections of the constitution to emerge as senate president on June 9, he cannot accuse another person of committing the same offence he had committed.

Our correspondent had reported that the decision of the Permanent Secretary of the Federal Ministry of Finance and other top officials to decline an invitation extended to them by the leadership of the National Assembly for a briefing on the state of the nation’s economy last week was currently brewing a major face-off between the two arms of government.

Our correspondent had also reported that the Chief of Staff to the Senate President, Senator Issa Galaudu,  and the Clerk to the National Assembly, Alhaji Salisu Maikasuwa, wrote separate letters to the permanent secretary but were both allegedly ignored.

The permanent secretary, according to sources close to the leadership of the Senate, was said to have shunned the meeting because there was no clearance from the Presidency to honour the briefing.

The Clerk’s letter, which was copied the Head of Service of the Federation and obtained by our correspondent read, “I refer to our letter Ref. No. NASS/S//SP/ COS/CORRP/15/1/06 of June 29, 2015 on the above subject matter and your text message of July 7, 2015,  to the Chief of Staff to the Senate President, signifying your inability to honour the invitation.

“Your action is a deliberate violation of the provisions of Section 67(2) of the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, 1999( as amended).

“You are, therefore, requested to appear before the Senate Leadership as contained in your aforementioned letter on Wednesday July 8, 2015  at 2.00pm prompt.

“The third letter to the Permanent Secretary, which also insisted on the importance of the meeting, was written by the Chief of Staff to the Senate President. Galaudu’s letter, which was dated July 8, with reference number, NASS /8 th /S/SP/COS/CORRP/15/2/07, states,  ‘Please note that your text message of yesterday, Tuesday, July 7, 2015, which I received by hours of 20:02 pm, suggesting that you would not make today’s meeting, is unacceptable.’

“This is an affront to the President of the Senate and its leadership. The provision of Section 67(2) of the 1999 Constitution (as amended), is very clear and unambiguous in this regard. Hence, you do not need the permission of any official before you attend or appear before the Senate.

“Consequently, I have the instructions of the President of the Senate and leadership that you do spear before them on the date and time earlier communicated to you, Wednesday, July 8, 2015 by 11am prompt. It is my belief that you will comply unconditionally.”

Investigations by our correspondent further revealed that the the Permanent Secretary had yet to appear before the senate leadership nor responded to the letters from both the National Assembly management and the office of the Senate President.

But Marafa, in his statement, accused Saraki of violating the same constitution which he claimed the permanent secretary had run foul of.

The senator said, “I read with open-mouth amazement, the letter written by both the Chief of Staff to the Senate President  and that of the Clerk to the National Assembly on the refusal or inability of a government functionary to honour the invitation of the leadership of the senate.

“They were saying the refusal violates section 67(2) of the constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.  Can somebody please tell them that they are guilty of similar, if not higher, offence?

“They,  infact, not only violated the constitution to ascend to the Senate leadership, they murdered it !”

Source: http://www.punchng.com/news/saraki-lacks-constitutional-right-to-summon-ps-senator/

cc lalasticla[/quote hunnnnnnnnn. at this junction I defiantly don't no what to but we Nigeria easily forget things, why don't we now? let put the past behind us and move forward, life is also a teacher. honestly we mid gej. God bless Nigeria and all well wisher to our great loving country amin
Re: Finance Perm Sec. Ignore Saraki's Invitation by funsho4man(m): 5:29am On Jul 13, 2015
[quote author=senier007 post=35788170]The Senator representing Zamfara Central Senatorial District, Kabir Marafa, said on Sunday that the Senate President lacked both moral and constitutional rights to summon the Permanent Secretary, Federal Ministry of Finance, for briefing on the state of the economy.

Marafa, the spokesperson for the Senate Unity Forum,  who stated this in a statement issued in Abuja, noted that since Saraki had allegedly violated some sections of the constitution to emerge as senate president on June 9, he cannot accuse another person of committing the same offence he had committed.

Our correspondent had reported that the decision of the Permanent Secretary of the Federal Ministry of Finance and other top officials to decline an invitation extended to them by the leadership of the National Assembly for a briefing on the state of the nation’s economy last week was currently brewing a major face-off between the two arms of government.

Our correspondent had also reported that the Chief of Staff to the Senate President, Senator Issa Galaudu,  and the Clerk to the National Assembly, Alhaji Salisu Maikasuwa, wrote separate letters to the permanent secretary but were both allegedly ignored.

The permanent secretary, according to sources close to the leadership of the Senate, was said to have shunned the meeting because there was no clearance from the Presidency to honour the briefing.

The Clerk’s letter, which was copied the Head of Service of the Federation and obtained by our correspondent read, “I refer to our letter Ref. No. NASS/S//SP/ COS/CORRP/15/1/06 of June 29, 2015 on the above subject matter and your text message of July 7, 2015,  to the Chief of Staff to the Senate President, signifying your inability to honour the invitation.

“Your action is a deliberate violation of the provisions of Section 67(2) of the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, 1999( as amended).

“You are, therefore, requested to appear before the Senate Leadership as contained in your aforementioned letter on Wednesday July 8, 2015  at 2.00pm prompt.

“The third letter to the Permanent Secretary, which also insisted on the importance of the meeting, was written by the Chief of Staff to the Senate President. Galaudu’s letter, which was dated July 8, with reference number, NASS /8 th /S/SP/COS/CORRP/15/2/07, states,  ‘Please note that your text message of yesterday, Tuesday, July 7, 2015, which I received by hours of 20:02 pm, suggesting that you would not make today’s meeting, is unacceptable.’

“This is an affront to the President of the Senate and its leadership. The provision of Section 67(2) of the 1999 Constitution (as amended), is very clear and unambiguous in this regard. Hence, you do not need the permission of any official before you attend or appear before the Senate.

“Consequently, I have the instructions of the President of the Senate and leadership that you do spear before them on the date and time earlier communicated to you, Wednesday, July 8, 2015 by 11am prompt. It is my belief that you will comply unconditionally.”

Investigations by our correspondent further revealed that the the Permanent Secretary had yet to appear before the senate leadership nor responded to the letters from both the National Assembly management and the office of the Senate President.

But Marafa, in his statement, accused Saraki of violating the same constitution which he claimed the permanent secretary had run foul of.

The senator said, “I read with open-mouth amazement, the letter written by both the Chief of Staff to the Senate President  and that of the Clerk to the National Assembly on the refusal or inability of a government functionary to honour the invitation of the leadership of the senate.

“They were saying the refusal violates section 67(2) of the constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.  Can somebody please tell them that they are guilty of similar, if not higher, offence?

“They,  infact, not only violated the constitution to ascend to the Senate leadership, they murdered it !”

Source: http://www.punchng.com/news/saraki-lacks-constitutional-right-to-summon-ps-senator/

cc lalasticla[/quote hunnnnnnnnn. at this junction I defiantly don't no what to say,but we Nigeria easily forget things, why don't we now? let put the past behind us and move forward, life is also a teacher. honestly we miss gej. God bless Nigeria and all well wisher to our great loving country amin
Re: Finance Perm Sec. Ignore Saraki's Invitation by senier007(m): 5:30am On Jul 13, 2015
amaben2020:

you are a fool, is jagaban borgu your god? Muslims sef, so gullible
I don't know who is a fool here, based on my own belief not yours, the advert of Mehdi will signal the end of all the wrongs in this world and the whole world will be united against injustice, worshipping idols or men, there will be no more war atleast for that period, nobody will play politics that's why I said till he comes. Why would you even think of comparing Tinubu with god? I don't joke with my religion, I can't even compare tinubu with a pious imam or alfa now but when it comes to politics Jagaban Borgu is my role model. Anyone that takes tinubu for granted is in for "Jonathan Full treatment" (Bringing Down the whole house).

1 Like

Re: Finance Perm Sec. Ignore Saraki's Invitation by funsho4man(m): 5:31am On Jul 13, 2015
lalasthunnnnnnnnn. at this junction I defiantly don't no what to say,but we Nigeria easily forget things, why don't we now? let put the past behind us and move forward, life is also a teacher. honestly we miss gej. God bless Nigeria and all well wisher to our great loving country amin
Re: Finance Perm Sec. Ignore Saraki's Invitation by fasbat(m): 5:34am On Jul 13, 2015
midolian:
I hope so too. The guy doesn't deserve to be respected.
infact,I liked d man before but his conduct prior to d Sham of election in d senate was despicable,I have no vestige of respect for Sen Saraki again, he has a bright Future but he messed it up badly...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Finance Perm Sec. Ignore Saraki's Invitation by adconline(m): 5:37am On Jul 13, 2015
Excuzeme:

"served" means nothing as long as there was no impeachment! grin grin

so you agree that those who tried to harass a President OBJ got IMPEACHED, right? undecided undecided
It also may interest you, from the calculations made above @Ghandi12, Saraki and his co-travellers will NEVER muster the 72 (2/3rds) required to override a PMB VETO.

That is the "game-changer" we are talking about!

PMB will still have his way if/When he intends to appoint EFCC and ICPC Boss who will do the "due-diligence" on Saraki, that would lead to his impeachment, when the time comes.

Learn! Learn!! learn!!! cheesy cheesy
You don't have full grasp of what u r talking about. Impeachment is a legal process that begins with "SERVE" just like in the law court. If being served didn't mean much to OBJ, y did he mobilize past presidos to intervene? Blind followers like u don't understand that ICPC/EFCC chairs must be ratified by the senate. It's at the discretion of senate president to choose which matter to be deliberated on. He can choose to ignore PMB's letters of appointment till the expiration of his presidency. Also, he can decide to withhold budget thereby starving of funds for those agencies.. Appropriation is a legislative act which empowers the NASS to hold the purse of the nation. They can shut down PMB down by not approving budget and masses will turn against him. Ignore the power of NASS at ur peril.
Re: Finance Perm Sec. Ignore Saraki's Invitation by oluwafemi113(m): 5:51am On Jul 13, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

Maybe soon his APC supporters alongside PDP will team together to impeach buhari...they have the numbers bro...gringringringrin and he will graduate to president immediately gringringringrin

Is morning time already
Dude stop dreaming

Wakeup Wakeup
Re: Finance Perm Sec. Ignore Saraki's Invitation by azimibraun: 5:52am On Jul 13, 2015
Nigerians have seen "TRUE DEMOCRACY " and it has suddenly become to "HOT" for us to handle. By the time the APC comes out of all of these, Nigeria will be the better for it. What is is important at this stage is that the "AVERAGE MAN" on the street keeps getting his life touched positively and opportunities being created for him to prosper. All of these has not stopped or prevented governance. We need the executive more at the moment and it's restructuring and functioning. By the time Mr Buhari and Nigerians need the Legislature it will be a "smooth sail" and a "Jump and Pass" We need new laws no doubt but let's use the " VERY BEAUTIFUL LAWS" the 7th assembly used to restructure the system. Abi are the laws not good or expired? We run a system and it's a fact but the Senate cannot hold back noble ideas at this critical time. Since they can't find a corrupt minister they want to start using the PS that Buhari has reformed and had giving opportunity to shine. Don't corrupt Buhari's tools pls.

1 Like

Re: Finance Perm Sec. Ignore Saraki's Invitation by Nobody: 5:53am On Jul 13, 2015
Ghandi12:

Words like implies are not tenable in constitutional and legal matters. Could you, please, quote verbatim from the 1999 Constitution the section or subsection, schedule and actual content of your interpretation above.

Remember we can imply and interpret as concerned citizens but only courts of competent jurisdictions can, acceptably, interpret the Constitution and laws.

This statement has no bearing on the current subject of our discussion.

Your posts are your personal words and not from the 1999 Constitution. Can you quote from the 1999 Constitution please.

FYI the current Senate as it stands has 51-loyal APC Senators, 49-loyal PDP Senators and 8-APC Senators appear to be loyal to Saraki.
2/3 of this number = 2/3*108= 72 Senators.

Section 147(6) provides a legal loophole for the President with regard to ministerial nominations. If the Senate does not act within 21 days of its receipt of the nomination, the nominee is deemed to have been legally appointed as minister.

As regards to the "overriding veto" power of the NASS, section 58(5) states that: "Where the President withholds his assent and the bill is again passed by each House by two-thirds majority, the bill shall become law and the assent of the President shall not be required."
I recall that the 2003 Electoral Act became law in the same fashion.
Re: Finance Perm Sec. Ignore Saraki's Invitation by MosquitoREBIRTH(m): 5:56am On Jul 13, 2015
sukkot:
speak for yourself. thats the problem with you black people. you dont have patience and dont like to be thorough when you do things. you want things to manifest on the same day. thats why you are all thieves. you cant be bothered to wait and have patience. you want it all now. thats why you are known thieves all over the world. this your instant gratification attitude you have carried to buhari. he has been in office only a month you are saying you wish you can turn back time to march 28. thats the statement of a thief. i am sure you are a 419 expert. you want it now. you cant be bothered to watch things develop. instant gratification. typical negro
I don't know where I want to tell God to start blessing you from Thank you for these exact words... That's the singular reason why this country can never be good (sorry to say),not because we don't have the resources, but because we don't have the people...

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Finance Perm Sec. Ignore Saraki's Invitation by azimibraun: 6:01am On Jul 13, 2015
Now we are forced to discuss. That is what we hardly had. It's healthy for our democracy I don't care what anybody thinks. To the "Ordinary Man" the Buhari led government is functioning. With due respect the "Ordinary Man". His socio-political and economic condition and the way he perceives government is the "Indicator" used in measuring the performance of govt. So with the ordinary Man's position I stand. Government is working.

1 Like

Re: Finance Perm Sec. Ignore Saraki's Invitation by Nobody: 6:04am On Jul 13, 2015
adconline:

You don't have full grasp of what u r talking about. Impeachment is a legal process that begins with "SERVE" just like in the law court. If being served didn't mean much to OBJ, y did he mobilize past presidos to intervene? Blind followers like u don't understand that ICPC/EFCC chairs must be ratified by the senate. It's at the discretion of senate president to choose which matter to be deliberated on. He can choose to ignore PMB's letters of appointment till the expiration of his presidency. Also, he can decide to withhold budget thereby starving of funds for those agencies.. Appropriation is a legislative act which empowers the NASS to hold the purse of the nation. They can shut down PMB down by not approving budget and masses will turn against him. Ignore the power of NASS at ur peril.
Actually, according to section 147(6), if the Senate receives a letter from the presidency with regards to a ministerial nominee, and the Senate doesn't act upon it within 21 days, the ministerial nominee will be deemed to be a minister.

But I agree that the NASS holds the power of the purse. Saraki and co can decide to shutdown the government.
Re: Finance Perm Sec. Ignore Saraki's Invitation by azimibraun: 6:06am On Jul 13, 2015
I said it before and I will say it again. Sabali Nigerians... Sabali Nigerians ... Patience Nigerians...Patience.. Nigerians.
Re: Finance Perm Sec. Ignore Saraki's Invitation by Excuzeme: 6:07am On Jul 13, 2015
adconline:

You are sounding like a broken record! Stop repeating these nonsense again and again!.
..and stick to the issue being discussed.

If there is no impeachment, it means NO ONE was Impeached.
If you like "serve notice" hundred times! Any fool can do that.
Mind yo, we are talking "after the fact" here, almost nine years after the event. More than enough for the "service" t be realized, if it can be.

No on eis saying the NASS does not have power.
Issue here is that Saraki needs "member numbers" to weild such powers, 2/3rd majority in ALL cases where it affects the President.

Saraki does not have 72-Senators in his camp, to make those NASS Powers work for him (Ghandi12 has done the Maths for us, right?)
If he does not have the "numbers", ( just like clueless SaTANoids like you were mouthing before the Presidential election and we told you that "You dont have the numbers.... with the attendant failure! undecided ) ... he is bound to be just a toothless barking Dog when it comes to impeachment or not approving an Appointment from the President!

Meanwhile, PMB only needs to pressure the current EFCC/ICPC bosses (not even replace them, as we are seeing already) and they would do their "digging" on Saraki and take him to court for conviction, based on 'not so difficult to find' evidence.
Bukola Saraki has a very sordid criminal past (his father has been shielding him in the past though) and a criminal conviction would put an end to his political career and the Senate Presidency he stole brazenly (with the array of Senators and people plus Presidency gunning for his head right now).

Saraki will be out quicker than we expected....... even begging will not save him as l dont see all these forces he has offended in avery terrible and unforgivable manner, ever forgiving him.

Bookmark this post, in a few weeks time, we will dig up this post, when Saraki is impeached (or vacates Senate President post voluntarily, to save his Senate seat).
I said same thing to SaTANoids before the election and when it came to pass, l quoted myself. undecided undecided

I have broken it down for **** like you in simple ABC!

if you still cant understand and come back with some thrash ranting, l will simply ignore you and you can #WailWailers all you like.
Kappish?

1 Like

Re: Finance Perm Sec. Ignore Saraki's Invitation by Sheggy13(m): 6:14am On Jul 13, 2015
CFCfan:

The Senate has the power to summon a Perm sec or any other Executive official, except the president and VP.
Thank God you said "the Senate" and not just a private session with the Senate President or the SP and his gangs. The invitation has to be for the PS to appear on the floor of the Senate or before a Senate standing committee on finance or economy or whatever, and such is yet to be constituted by the SP for whatever reasons. We know also that the house didn't plan to reconvene on the said date of invitation. You think the PS doesn't know what's up? Saraki should do things the proper way if he doesn't want his moves to be interpreted wrongly. There's so much distrust already between the executive and the Senate headed by Saraki.

2 Likes

Re: Finance Perm Sec. Ignore Saraki's Invitation by azimibraun: 6:20am On Jul 13, 2015
Two things only I can make from all of these.

1. APC supporters and Progressives generally think Saraki was over ambitious and is responsible for the Mess APC is working hard to fix. They are hoping he wll meet his waterloo soonest for treachery.

2. PDP supporters are too shocked and are still pained by the Defeat GEJ suffered and are now playing the " Devil's Advocate " by wishing the APC and PMB ill will and can't wait to celebrate the failure of the APC&PMB as that will give them relief. By so doing they put pressure on the ruling party and escalate whatever happens in the APC from mere argument to a battle and then a War to destabilize them.

Those are my take from the whole scenario.

4 Likes

Re: Finance Perm Sec. Ignore Saraki's Invitation by Nobody: 6:24am On Jul 13, 2015
Mogidi:

Are you people inviting anarchy?
Saraki and his people misquoted yhe constitution. There is nothing in S. 67 (2) that talks about the perm sec being bound to honout invitations of the senate president. The p.s is npt a political officer, and the constitution respects that fact.
Re: Finance Perm Sec. Ignore Saraki's Invitation by Chigold101(m): 6:25am On Jul 13, 2015
midolian:
Saraki don spoil hinself. He will go down in history as the most disrespected senate president as a result of the treacherous means through which he occupied that exalted seat.
well i dont want to get involved in APC‘s war. But my brother if Buhari understands democratic governance he will do all his best go bring Saraki to his side. Take it or live it, Buhari needs Saraki more than Saraki needs him if he wants to achieve anything this four years.

This is not military rule where u just sit in your house ontop of a woman and make laws.

All those druming this drum of war for Buhari are those who wants him to fail...

Buhari does not possess the spirit of leadership. He is too vindictive. He has a spirit that is good only for the military.

1 Like

Re: Finance Perm Sec. Ignore Saraki's Invitation by Nobody: 6:29am On Jul 13, 2015
CFCfan:

Section 147(6) provides a legal loophole for the President with regard to ministerial nominations. If the Senate does not act within 21 days of its receipt of the nomination, the nominee is deemed to have been legally appointed as minister.
ag veto" power of the NASS, section 58(5) states that: "Where the President withholds his assent and the bill is again passed by each House by two-thirds majority, the bill shall become law and the assent of the President shall not be required."
I recall that the 2003 Electoral Act became law in the same fashion.
In that case the Senate would have to act by rejecting the nominees before the 21 days elapses

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Tribunal: The Moment Ajimobi Heard About His Victory (Photos) / Check Out This Advert On Today's Sun Newspaper. / Thug Arrested For Beheading Police Officer & His Driver In Rivers. PICS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 116
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.