Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,833 members, 7,813,783 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:18 PM

Showcasing Igbo culture - Culture (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Showcasing Igbo culture (64976 Views)

The Importance Attached To The 2nd Child(orlu) In Igbo Culture. / Ekele (greetings, Well-wishing, Compliments, Regard, Salutation) In Igbo Culture / Showcasing Bonny(ibani) Culture- (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Showcasing Igbo culture by onyinye2(f): 3:07am On Mar 18, 2009
Arggg. . . . . . You know that's why we can't have good things.

Every dog gone time Igbo people are involved in something, some stupid ishh goes down. Thats why we can't even have a Nigerian Independence Day Parade anymore down here. Cause they always bring trouble. Now they just cancel the whole thing.

At first I loved this thread. I mean the Yoruba people had their music thread which I loved too because the music was all that. But NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO can Igbo people have ONE peace thread here. . . . . I think not.

I give up with the ppl on this thread. I'm so glad I don't get on as much.
Re: Showcasing Igbo culture by osisi2(f): 3:08am On Mar 18, 2009
onyinye forget aloy.emeka and his hearthrob tpia
they are everywhere disturbing us
now back to thread
Re: Showcasing Igbo culture by OgidiBoy(m): 3:13am On Mar 18, 2009
**osisi:

onyinye forget aloy.emeka and his hearthrob tpia
they are everywhere disturbing us
now back to thread

That's right back to topic, and next time you say something bad about ogidi people you shall be fined a he-goat tongue
Re: Showcasing Igbo culture by tnk24: 5:59am On Mar 18, 2009
onyinye2:

Arggg. . . . . . You know that's why we can't have good things.

Every time Igbo people are involved in something, some stupid ishh goes down. Thats why we can't even have a Nigerian Independence Day Parade anymore down here. Cause they always bring trouble. Now they just cancel the whole thing.

At first I loved this thread. I mean the Yoruba people had their music thread which I loved too because the music was all that. But NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO can Igbo people have ONE peace thread here. . . . . I think not.

I give up with the ppl on this thread. I'm so glad I don't get on as much.

Onyiye has a point here, this thread started beautifully well, but seems to have deviated of late. Never mind the deviation, its part of the expression.

My first time coming to this thread and I have spent the whole night flipping from the beginning to the end.

To Osisi: GOOD THINKING AND GOOD JOB

To Ezeagu: THANKS

To Oyinye: DON'T GIVE UP

I have pains all over my ribs I developed due to excessive laughter reading through the thread, I am off, let me go and take some panadol!
Re: Showcasing Igbo culture by presido1: 8:19am On Mar 18, 2009
Alloy.Emeka and Tpia when is the introduction and the wedding proper. I like the way two of you exhibit the love you have for each other.
Always following each thatz really nice.
Best NL couple grin grin grin

@ Osisi
Your wrote amu what of his good friend. Dont be partial ok tongue tongue tongue
Re: Showcasing Igbo culture by Ikomi(m): 12:14pm On Mar 18, 2009
@Aloy and tpia

I was always wondering how tpia knows when her name is mentioned on this thread, I never knew she was coming in to check on Aloy.

Aloy so why are u calling her a lesbian, when u are aware what she comes in here for. Ehhnn Aloy? angry

tpia never mind we would speak to him, does he still sleep in the house? undecided If not we would fine him 10 Akwu'ete wrappers all for u.

But in the mean time u should stop interupting us rudely, cos if other members of this thread did not bring it to our attention, we would have thought ur a lesbian cos u sound so bitter.

Aloy, Aloy, Aloy will u comon appear here and explain to us what exactly u did to tpia. angry

@Ebony

Rolling Rolling Rolling, eyes rolling
Re: Showcasing Igbo culture by iReport: 2:28pm On Mar 18, 2009
igbos wont let us rest for here'
Re: Showcasing Igbo culture by presido1: 3:49pm On Mar 18, 2009
iReport:

Then find rest somewhere cheesy
Re: Showcasing Igbo culture by Finally: 3:51pm On Mar 18, 2009
iReport:

Then carry ur ass go another thread angry
Re: Showcasing Igbo culture by Afam4eva(m): 4:21pm On Mar 18, 2009
iReport:

I suppose you're not Igbo, so SCRAMMM
Re: Showcasing Igbo culture by osisi2(f): 6:52pm On Mar 18, 2009
wedding

see the beautiful Isi agu traditional Igbo wear

Re: Showcasing Igbo culture by iReport: 7:00pm On Mar 18, 2009
Isn't the guy at the extreme left a nollywood actor?
Re: Showcasing Igbo culture by iReport: 7:01pm On Mar 18, 2009
I suppose you're not Igbo, so SCRAMMM
whareva undecided
Re: Showcasing Igbo culture by osisi2(f): 7:03pm On Mar 18, 2009
The bride is so pretty
she seems to be eyeing another man grin
Re: Showcasing Igbo culture by osisi2(f): 7:04pm On Mar 18, 2009
Igbo men in traditional wear
look at Ikomi on the right looking at a palmy bar

Re: Showcasing Igbo culture by presido1: 7:12pm On Mar 18, 2009
Osisi Ikomi is the one with Bolingo Bolingo onye ama ama.(Ice Cream Boy).
Re: Showcasing Igbo culture by AfroCynic: 7:18pm On Mar 18, 2009
Can someone please tell me origin of the red and white bauble hat? it seems unafrican, i do not mean this in an offensive manner but it just strikes me as odd.
Re: Showcasing Igbo culture by osisi2(f): 7:32pm On Mar 18, 2009
Sometimes the confusion also arises as to what truly defines Igbo culture, take for instance clothes. What is indeed a true Igbo attire for the Igbo man and woman? We read that back in the day, our women usually adorned their bodies in Nzu, while covering their upper body and waist areas with pieces of akwete cloth. Agreed that civilisation no longer allows such mode of dressing but still there has to be another particular type of dress that should be adopted to signify or represent true Igbo attire.

The men are not left out too as they are also caught up in this apparent state of confusion regarding what the Igbo attire is. The traditional Isi agu dress worn mainly by people from Abiriba, Bende, Item, Ohafia and Igbere in Abia state will readily come to mind here but there is no general acceptance that the Isi agu is indeed a generally accepted Igbo dress. Neither are lace, brocade and abada materials. These all seem to be borrowed from other tribes. There has got to be a dress Ndigbo could adopt and use as their national attire.

At the wedding between Precious and Cordelier Osuala in Abuja sometime in 2007, this dilemma actually hit home. Alongside my friend Nze Sunny Ogbu and others, we really wanted to identify with our Igbo culture and felt that we could best do this by turning out in true Igbo dresses, but it was actually while discussing our options that we came to the conclusion that they were limited. We ended up wearing Isi-agu but we still felt that we could have done better, only that we didn’t know how else.

http://thelongharmattanseason..com/2008/02/in-search-of-true-igbo-national-attire.html
Re: Showcasing Igbo culture by osisi2(f): 7:43pm On Mar 18, 2009
buhari and babangida in Igbo attire with orji Uzor Kalu

Re: Showcasing Igbo culture by osisi2(f): 7:47pm On Mar 18, 2009
masquersde from Umuahia

Re: Showcasing Igbo culture by osisi2(f): 7:48pm On Mar 18, 2009
looks like the devil himself
God forbid!
Re: Showcasing Igbo culture by Hauwa1: 7:50pm On Mar 18, 2009
a real ekpo grin (buhari) the cloth fit ibb
Re: Showcasing Igbo culture by presido1: 8:00pm On Mar 18, 2009
*Hauwa*:

a real ekpo grin (buhari) the cloth fit ibb
wey my soup eh
Re: Showcasing Igbo culture by iReport: 8:06pm On Mar 18, 2009
www.nairaland.com/attachments/135051_Igbo_attire_jpg0db4bf7cbed21cde565a1164c61675ee
Is Babangida looking for another igbo wife?. Wetin igbo women givam chop?. Buhari is a very tall and sexy man.
Re: Showcasing Igbo culture by Hauwa1: 8:07pm On Mar 18, 2009
i don chop am finish o  cheesy. i have promised myself never to cook for any guy till he walks me down the aisle my brother, and i mean business. i no dey for chop and go  grin
Re: Showcasing Igbo culture by iReport: 8:08pm On Mar 18, 2009
Re: Showcasing Igbo culture by nonsomega(m): 8:16pm On Mar 18, 2009
mayb he won marry anoda 1.so make una lock up
Re: Showcasing Igbo culture by asha80(m): 8:17pm On Mar 18, 2009
Who dash ikomi fine boy  tongue

@osisi

Is the person above not Uche Nworah?
Re: Showcasing Igbo culture by osisi2(f): 8:18pm On Mar 18, 2009
It's Uche Nworah
yes.
I love his articles
Re: Showcasing Igbo culture by presido1: 8:34pm On Mar 18, 2009
*Hauwa*:

i don chop am finish o cheesy. i have promised myself never to cook for any guy till he walks me down the aisle my brother, and i mean business. i no dey for chop and go grin
So during our courtship i will be chopletting from mama put huh. U berra cook another and FedEx am b4 i ring my mama-in-law cheesy cheesy
Re: Showcasing Igbo culture by iReport: 8:43pm On Mar 18, 2009
Who dash ikomi fine boy
The uche guy is not too fine sha  undecided. He may be gay because that's how they usually keep their eyes. His eyes look gay to me.
Re: Showcasing Igbo culture by osisi2(f): 8:55pm On Mar 18, 2009
iReport:

The uche guy is not too fine sha undecided. He may be gay because that's how they usually keep their eyes. His eyes look gay to me.

what do you mean by gay eyes?
please stop insulting the man
He's happily married
would you like someone saying such about your man?
onu ukpaka

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply)

Excited Masquerade Poses With Catholic Priest After Meeting Him On The Road.PICS / The Afar People (redone) / Ile-ife, Final Rest Place Of Oba Of Benin? (picture).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.