Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,749 members, 7,813,458 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:34 PM

Jonathan Ministers Sold One Million Barrels Of Oil Per Day- Buhari - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Ministers Sold One Million Barrels Of Oil Per Day- Buhari (49219 Views)

Independence day: Buhari attends Special Jumaat service in Aso-rock (Photos) / Anti-corruption War Is Non-negotiable, Buhari Replies Jonathan’s Ministers / Jonathan’s Ministers, Aides Share 500 FG Houses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Ministers Sold One Million Barrels Of Oil Per Day- Buhari by Jesusloveyou: 3:10pm On Jul 22, 2015
Happiness87:
how many ministers head petroleum ministry at a time. are you also saying the ministers sponsored vandalism and bunkering which are the known reasons for losses
since u already know, is one oil minister u have, why is ur chief wailer asking for d minister to be mentioned

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Ministers Sold One Million Barrels Of Oil Per Day- Buhari by kokoA(m): 3:13pm On Jul 22, 2015
NwaNimo1:

Fighting each other!
Federal government is different from APC friend.
Re: Jonathan Ministers Sold One Million Barrels Of Oil Per Day- Buhari by Happiness87(f): 3:13pm On Jul 22, 2015
989900:
According to President Goodluck Jonathan, 300,000-400,000 barrels of oil per day, or more than 10% of all Nigeria's production, is being lost at a cost to the state and oil companies of around £1bn a month – more than is spent on education and the health of the nation's 168 million people. Not only is Nigerian oil theft helping to keep the world price of oil high, it is causing corruption and social disorder, says the president.

"The figures are huge. [Oil theft]could destabilise Nigeria. The business is worth billions of dollars a year. It is on an industrial scale, and involves commodity traders, international [criminals] and a whole network of people. There are some allegations that the oil companies themselves are implicated," says presidential aide Ken Saro-Wiwa, whose father, along with other Ogoni chiefs, was executed in 1995 after a peaceful protest against Shell.

The scale of the "bunkering" has shocked observers. Thirty centimetre pipelines able to transport thousands of barrels of oil a day have been found leading straight from pipelines into the swamps. The Nigerian navy had to sack two admirals for their role in the disappearance of a tanker that had been seized for transporting 11,000 tonnes of stolen crude.

[i]"A lot of big-time stealing goes on. You know the oil you are offered is stolen," says one oil trader in Port Harcourt who asks to remain anonymous. "They give it to you without documents at a cheaper rate. I was offered 50,000 litres today for 55 naira (20p) a litre. But 75 nairais the cheapest you can get it from the government. You know it's a racket. There is no chance of getting caught because there is no system to catch people. Big business is big politics."

According to SDN, a medium-sized illegal refinery costs around £3,000 to set up but can earn that back in a few weeks. But the operators need to pay hefty bribes to the police and military, as well as to buy oil tapped off the 1,600km of pipelines that cross the delta. Each tapping point, says SDN, can earn more than £500,000 a month but its investors must pay armed guards, the military, contractors, local communities and even oil company staff.

Delta communities freely admit their role in the theft of oil but blame continuing poverty and pollution for their actions. "The government and oil companies are collecting our oil and we don't have jobs, or money so we have to collect the oil and refine our own," says a man in the village of Bolo near where an illegal refinery was set up five years ago.

Bolo leaders admit that the military was paid off. "When the refinery was working it used to refine around 10,000 litres of oil a day. It could only operate with the help of the police and military, The pay-off system to the armed forces and police was well organised. It was a plum posting for the military here. Most army have a lifestyle that you cannot explain," says Mela Oforibika, a lawyer and chief of the Bolo community.[/i]

http://www.theguardian.com/global-development/2013/oct/06/oil-theft-costs-nigeria

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/security-operatives-uncover-illegal-oil-wells-in-lagos-kogi/157288/
i hope you read this post well, to fully comprehend what crude oil theft is, before you start running your mouth again
Re: Jonathan Ministers Sold One Million Barrels Of Oil Per Day- Buhari by Happiness87(f): 3:15pm On Jul 22, 2015
Jesusloveyou:
since u already know, is one oil minister u have, why is ur chief wailer asking for d minister to be mentioned
who will be held responsible for the one that will be stole tonight dullard ?

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Ministers Sold One Million Barrels Of Oil Per Day- Buhari by gbassa: 3:17pm On Jul 22, 2015
Guys I disbelieve this story, it is a big fake story to the first order. Can you ask how many barrels is Nigeria as a whole producing per day?
I am in the oil industry.
This is a big lai.

Dharniel:
that means there are some nigerian ministers who could actually make dangote look like a mere toy...

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Ministers Sold One Million Barrels Of Oil Per Day- Buhari by Nobody: 3:19pm On Jul 22, 2015
gbassa:
Guys I disbelieve this story, it is a big fake story to the first order. Can you ask how many barrels is Nigeria as a whole producing per day?
I am in the oil industry.
This is a big lai.

i suspect there's an exaggeration...
Re: Jonathan Ministers Sold One Million Barrels Of Oil Per Day- Buhari by 989900: 3:20pm On Jul 22, 2015
[quote author=ApexTitan post=36156049]

And you are trying to be clever by half.

Your mind playing tricks on you; a la your pre-conception.

This discussion is all about the Crown Prince
of Anti-corruption, Muhammadu Buhari's claim that a million barrel of oil a day was stolen Jonathan's ministers.

Check my first and second post on this thread, I mentioned verification. I have no facts and figures to asssert he is lying or saying the truth . . . neither do you.
OTOH, keeping an open mind if you can, it is a possibility that needs to be verified. I mean the reality is, we have serious issues with oil theft, 1m bpd, more or less is not acceptable.

Are you suggestion with you post that all the bunkering and thefts in the Niger Delta were organised by Jonathan's ministers?

Only a fool will not see this as ridiculous.

Adequate comprehension of my posts suggest that, a lot of gov't officials (past and present, irrespective of party, tribe, or religious affiliations), the military, corporate bodies, and individuals are in on it; made even easier by the past administration.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Ministers Sold One Million Barrels Of Oil Per Day- Buhari by 989900: 3:23pm On Jul 22, 2015
Happiness87:
i hope you read this post well, to fully comprehend what crude oil theft is, before you start running your mouth again

Are you a clown by profession?

Or just plain ret@.rded?

Whichever, you'r amusing.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Ministers Sold One Million Barrels Of Oil Per Day- Buhari by trapQ: 3:23pm On Jul 22, 2015
Just like mariam babangida said the worst thing that could happen to her is to be as poor as dangote
Dharniel:
that means there are some nigerian ministers who could actually make dangote look like a mere toy...
Re: Jonathan Ministers Sold One Million Barrels Of Oil Per Day- Buhari by doctokwus: 3:24pm On Jul 22, 2015
tedd:
Its 20billion naira stoolen daily Using the current exchange rate. Let's even say at 150USD per barrel it still trancends to 450billion naira monthly or 15billlion naira daily. Habaaaaaaaaaaaaaa dat is way toooooooooo much stealing abeg. That makes it 5.4trillion naira in one year(Oh Lord of Mercy) and then multiply that by 6 years.......32.4 Trillion Naira Stolen in 6yrs(Jesuuuuuuuuu oooooooooo)or if u like 216Billion Dollars Stolen in 6 yrs from crude oil. I suggest they should all be shot by firing squad. Mind boggling Oles with no Conscience. Mcheeeeeeeeeeeeewwww
Its just sickening.
Just watched d clip of the video.
The hall erupted in mad applause when he "promised" to get those moneys and prosecute the culprits.
Decent,hardworking Nigerians all over d world want to see that; its only the thieves and their cronies who go round shouting they are being persecuted.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Ministers Sold One Million Barrels Of Oil Per Day- Buhari by doctokwus: 3:25pm On Jul 22, 2015
mkbessman:

sir pls check your calculations correctly! mind you its average of 160 to a dollar..... ur 200bn is alarming.... pls check it well
Yeah.Should be about N20b.The amount just blew me off.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Ministers Sold One Million Barrels Of Oil Per Day- Buhari by Teymanhenry(f): 3:27pm On Jul 22, 2015
I would have believed this story, but he's got no proof about that.,, I hope the story is true so that he'll arrest those concerned .meanwhile if the story is true it means we'll start growing money in Nigeria Lolz..since we are still producing oil it means z. have a bright future from tomorrow 21 July 2015

Re: Jonathan Ministers Sold One Million Barrels Of Oil Per Day- Buhari by babadee1(m): 3:27pm On Jul 22, 2015
Happiness87:
this is what Happens when you listen to Radio and Tv continental, owned by Tinubu, they brainwash all your thinking and reasoning faculty. you become hypnotized.
i wish you know how much Tinubu's Oando makes from fuel Subsidy.

But this isn't about fuel subsidy na. Oil bunkering and theft are illegal activities, fuel subsidy is legal. I supported the subsidy for many years but I think it has now outlived its usefulness. Also, I'm not a big fan of Tinubu. I like his political sense but I know he's one of Nigeria's biggest thieves. Unfortunately he is a very smart thief so proving a case against him in court will be very difficult. And Asiwaju Bola Tinubu has nothing to do with Oando, his cousin Wale Tinubu is a partner there not him. By the way, lovely profile pic. We should be friends.
Re: Jonathan Ministers Sold One Million Barrels Of Oil Per Day- Buhari by BankeSmalls(f): 3:28pm On Jul 22, 2015
doctokwus:

Its just sickening.
Just watched d clip of the video.
The hall erupted in mad applause when he "promised" to get those moneys and prosecute the culprits.
Decent,hardworking Nigerians all over d world want to see that; its only the thieves and their cronies to go round shouting they are being persecuted.

list of oil thieves will be incomplete if
tinubu
otedola
obj

are not specially mentioned
Re: Jonathan Ministers Sold One Million Barrels Of Oil Per Day- Buhari by Happiness87(f): 3:34pm On Jul 22, 2015
989900:

Are you a clown by profession?

Or just plain ret@.rded?

Whichever, you'r amusing.
a second look at your username and profile Shows you are not worth my time or mb, I'll pass.

its obvious you are a dummy dullard,

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Ministers Sold One Million Barrels Of Oil Per Day- Buhari by CecyAdrian(f): 3:34pm On Jul 22, 2015
Happiness87:
i thought its Gej and his ministers stole it, is gej and his minsters responsible for the one that will be stole tonight

You are just confused. Supporting evil
Go and wail somewhere else

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Ministers Sold One Million Barrels Of Oil Per Day- Buhari by baralatie(m): 3:35pm On Jul 22, 2015
ApexTitan:
The rate at which Buhari brandishes these figures is shocking?

$150billion dollars missing
1 million barrels/day stolen.

The man had better provide concrete evidence for these wild and ludicrous claims. We are not fools who believe everything without verification.
the aim is for blackmail!
Re: Jonathan Ministers Sold One Million Barrels Of Oil Per Day- Buhari by Happiness87(f): 3:39pm On Jul 22, 2015
CecyAdrian:

You are just confused. Supporting evil
Go and wail somewhere else
hahaha see your life, you bitterness for GeJ will soon send you to early grave if you don't repent and be reasonable and stop allowing politicians brainwash you, and hypnotise you into their robots

crude oil theft didn't start today, if he wants to probe, he should start from the beginning and stop trying to paint Gej administration black.

besides stealing is still on under his watch,

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Ministers Sold One Million Barrels Of Oil Per Day- Buhari by atlwireles: 3:40pm On Jul 22, 2015
Happiness87:
this is what Happens when you listen to Radio and Tv continental, owned by Tinubu, they brainwash all your thinking and reasoning faculty. you become hypnotized.
i wish you know how much Tinubu's Oando makes from fuel Subsidy.

Re: Jonathan Ministers Sold One Million Barrels Of Oil Per Day- Buhari by 989900: 3:41pm On Jul 22, 2015
The presidency has accused multinational oil companies of complicity in the increased rate of crude oil theft in the Niger Delta.
The Special Assistant to the President on Amnesty, Kingsley Kuku, has said the companies are aware that their Nigerian employees engage in oil theft in the Niger Delta region and do nothing about it.
Mr. Kuku also alleged that highly placed individuals and groups were sponsors of those stealing the nation’s crude oil.
He said the process of illegally extracting crude oil from the pipelines in the coastal areas require highly technical and mechanical expertise which ordinary Nigerians or residents of the oil producing communities do not have.
Fielding questions from journalists at the State House, Abuja, Mr. Kuku absolved Niger Delta governors of complicity in the crude theft saying there was no evidence of their involvement.
He insisted that oil theft was an international crime and urged the international community to go beyond coming up with penalising oil theft as an international crime, and support the efforts of governments across the Gulf of Guinea and other parts of the region in dealing with these crimes.
“The best you can find the level of Niger Delta people or some merchants of this trade are those doing menial jobs in it.
“You will need high grade vessels and where you cannot load your illegal or oil theft, you are definitely going to find yourself in a mess where you will have to pay huge sum for demurrage, how many Nigerians have the capacity to do that? Very few people,” he said.[

Now, how does Shell, Exxon, Agip, and co. collude to aid bunkering without moles in the gov't?

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/141185-shell-agip-others-culpable-in-crude-oil-theft-in-nigeria-presidency.html
Re: Jonathan Ministers Sold One Million Barrels Of Oil Per Day- Buhari by doctokwus: 3:46pm On Jul 22, 2015
BankeSmalls:

list of oil thieves will be incomplete if
tinubu
otedola
obj

are not specially mentioned
My dear,forget party affiliations.
No serious Nigerian would raise an objection even if Tinubu is found wanting and indicted.
If u are honest and hardworking, u can't but support any man that brings them down,so that @least everyone can have a level playing field

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Ministers Sold One Million Barrels Of Oil Per Day- Buhari by 989900: 3:48pm On Jul 22, 2015
Happiness87:
[s]a second look at your username and profile Shows[/s] you are not worth my time or mb, I'll pass.

its obvious you are a dummy dullard,

Like I said, you're amusing . . . lol.

'Kpele', save your 'mb' for better things; like learning comprehension and composition
. wink
Re: Jonathan Ministers Sold One Million Barrels Of Oil Per Day- Buhari by miceroms: 3:53pm On Jul 22, 2015
Don't see where GEJ or his ministers name were mentioned.
Re: Jonathan Ministers Sold One Million Barrels Of Oil Per Day- Buhari by Nobody: 3:54pm On Jul 22, 2015
this is pathetic....information like this makes me want to cry for nigeria...isnt it high time we start lynching officials of the past administration?....ehn my people?...
Re: Jonathan Ministers Sold One Million Barrels Of Oil Per Day- Buhari by BankeSmalls(f): 3:54pm On Jul 22, 2015
doctokwus:

My dear,forget party affiliations.
No serious Nigerian would raise an objection even if Tinubu is found wanting and indicted.
If u are honest and hardworking, u can't but support any man that brings them down,so that @least everyone can have a level playing field

has there ever been a level playing field in this world?

solomon?
dangote?
bush?
Re: Jonathan Ministers Sold One Million Barrels Of Oil Per Day- Buhari by doctokwus: 4:01pm On Jul 22, 2015
BankeSmalls:

has there ever been a level playing field in this world?

solomon?
dangote?
bush?
My point is no country has ever progressed if govt position is the one guaranteed part to wealth.
That some people are born or have some advantage out of their honest endeavour is a different matter.
Re: Jonathan Ministers Sold One Million Barrels Of Oil Per Day- Buhari by Nobody: 4:03pm On Jul 22, 2015
PEJ's hotel in bayelsa comes to mind.....isn't it called Aridolf hotel and was featured on Nairaland in the past? it all makes sense now where that money is from!
Re: Jonathan Ministers Sold One Million Barrels Of Oil Per Day- Buhari by BankeSmalls(f): 4:04pm On Jul 22, 2015
doctokwus:

My point is no country has ever progressed if govt position is the one guaranteed part to wealth.
That some people are born or have some advantage out of their honest endeavour is a different matter.

the bolded is the problem with naija, and if we are serious, then people like our curent presido should not be in government, he is a past enjoyer of government wealth and position
Re: Jonathan Ministers Sold One Million Barrels Of Oil Per Day- Buhari by Callmemike(m): 4:08pm On Jul 22, 2015
ugo227:
Nigerians should learn to ask questions.....our daily output is about 2.4million barrels. How wld PMB claim that 1million barrels is stolen every single day. Meanwhile the 2.4million daily output we are still looking for buyers for the excess. The ministers are not here to defend themselves.

My thoughts exactly. I read the first 3 pages and it is sad to see how gullible we have become. Every word is swallowed without a small dosage of reason and introspection. Buhari is doing one thing, and that is what Mourinho is good at: Turning attention to someone else in a bid to divert attention from his flaws and lows!! This 1 million barrels lack merit.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Ministers Sold One Million Barrels Of Oil Per Day- Buhari by funlord(m): 4:09pm On Jul 22, 2015
grin Bottom line! Dem move plenty cash! Next stop na alagbon 4 those found guilty!
Re: Jonathan Ministers Sold One Million Barrels Of Oil Per Day- Buhari by stevecantrell: 4:17pm On Jul 22, 2015
Mekybliss:
BABA I thought you were here for your so call change. Why are you still dwelling in the past? Make yours count na. We dey wait.

Past is Prologue.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

The Removal Of The Lagos-Calabar Rail: Ben Murray-Bruce Reacts On Twitter / Femi Gbajabiamila: Why I Did Not Collect Certificate Of Return / President Buhari Reacts To Yola Bombing On Twitter (snapshots)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.