Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,658 members, 7,823,862 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:45 PM

Buhari's Planned Probe Of Only Jonathan Administration And The "Far Past" - Politics (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari's Planned Probe Of Only Jonathan Administration And The "Far Past" (38136 Views)

Ghanaians Comments On Buhari Planned Visit To Their Country. / Buhari's Planned Probe Of Jonathan's Administration: A Booby Trap For APC / Re: Buhari's Planned Probe Of Only Jonathan's Admin. &"far Past"- Barcanista (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari's Planned Probe Of Only Jonathan Administration And The "Far Past" by Demdem2: 8:07am On Jul 24, 2015
Tonylyte:

Listen to yourself again. Give me justifiable reasons why D3 should not probe ibb, obj et all.

One single reason why the General simply cant do it is TIME. dont u get it, he simply doesnt have that time for all of them. Jonah-daft government alone considering the rot that happened under his leadership is more than enough.
Re: Buhari's Planned Probe Of Only Jonathan Administration And The "Far Past" by waledud(m): 8:21am On Jul 24, 2015
This Barcanista sef own too much. Must he raise a counter thread for everything that is reported that Baba did or didn't do? Imagine the amount of time it would require to surf for latest info on the president and his party, read and digest them with d motive of picking out faux paux - real or imagined, doing a whole lot of lopsided academic research on the subject, writing a neat but bias rejoinder with references, posting it here, and then finally wait online 24-7 for replies with the aim of shooting down any counter narrative. The cycle is then repeated. This is the obvious life of the most famous troll of anything Buhari online. I am sure he must get enough remuneration for this apparent arduous full-time job. I only just hope he doesn't get hypertension on the job o, cos this job sure takes its toll on physical and emotional well-being o.
Re: Buhari's Planned Probe Of Only Jonathan Administration And The "Far Past" by oshdam2015: 8:25am On Jul 24, 2015
You should be logical in your criticism and arguments. Do you expects Buhari to use his whole tenure in probing. Moreso, The aim of this probing is to recover, at least, part of the very many money stolen under Jonathan administration. How do you expect him to go far back. At least, Jonathan sees corruption as a normal thing and didn't bother to probe anyone, instead, he said stealing is not corruption.

BeeBeeOoh:
God please bless d poster below me wit brain 2 comment something reasonable, because if not.....

I ghana piss on im head
Re: Buhari's Planned Probe Of Only Jonathan Administration And The "Far Past" by dabossman(m): 9:19am On Jul 24, 2015
Pidggin:
President Buhari should stop witch hunting Jonathan. Corruption existed before GEJ became president of Nigeria, it will not end by probing him. Those his party chieftains, who enjoy free access to his Aso-rock office should be the first among those he intends probing, if not he is wasting his time, we are not fools.

I totally agree with you. Let's also add recently arrested rapists, murderers and armed robbers to that list. No need prosecuting them, after all these crimes existed long before they were born.
Re: Buhari's Planned Probe Of Only Jonathan Administration And The "Far Past" by Nobody: 9:26am On Jul 24, 2015
PassingShot:
Stop crying Chief Wailer!

No one stopped GEJ from probing his predecessor/s. He had a choice and chose what he wanted. It's PMB's time and he will decide who and who to probe. Wailing from now till 2019 will not change that.

The fact is that for any nation to move in the right direction and progress toward real development, each and every government must be held accountable for her actions and inactions. Only when people realize that they will be called to answer for their deeds and misdeeds would they behave reasonably.

President Buhari cannot probe all past govts for lack of time and enormity of the tasks at hand but he is morally obliged to look into actions of his immediate predecessors and not all before him.

If he probes Jona, Nigeria will have taken a very giant step in moving towards accountability. When PMB is done too, let his successor probe his tenure. Before we know it, our elected officials will be guided in their deeds knowing full well that there are consequences for their actions while in office.

You are a disgrace to humanity...what happened to your sense of rightful thinking?

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Planned Probe Of Only Jonathan Administration And The "Far Past" by Tonylyte(m): 9:54am On Jul 24, 2015
Demdem2:

One single reason why the General simply cant do it is TIME. dont u get it, he simply doesnt have that time for all of them. Jonah-daft government alone considering the rot that happened under his leadership is more than enough.
Demdem I never knew u could be this dhaft and stewpid. What is D3's role as a president? If he can not probe corrupt persons, what is he doing there as a president? Why do u always lay emphasis on janathans govt when u go wrong? Where is the change?

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Planned Probe Of Only Jonathan Administration And The "Far Past" by Demdem2: 10:19am On Jul 24, 2015
Tonylyte:

Demdem I never knew u could be this dhaft and stewpid. What is D3's role as a president? If he can not probe corrupt persons, what is he doing there as a president? Why do u always lay emphasis on janathans govt when u go wrong? Where is the change?

Actually u are much more sttupid than i earlier thought. He is the President and he has made a decision. Because of time he has chosen what to do. None of u fools can do anything about it. u can only whine and wail till ur death and nothing more. If jonah-daft had done one himself, we wont be where we are today.
Fool, this is the change we are talking about....................Jonah-daft chose not to and Buhari has chosen to start somewhere yet u are asking me where is the change. U are so dumb.

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Planned Probe Of Only Jonathan Administration And The "Far Past" by freddaboh(m): 11:13am On Jul 24, 2015
barcanista:
Since his March 28 electoral victory, President Buhari has been credited with some statements that are so unworthy of his office as the President of Nigeria. The latest of them is the President's determination to limit his probe to Jonathan's administration only. Add to this, Presidential Spokesman Femi Adesina insulted our sensibilities by these words...

“If you recall, that was already settled before he got inaugurated as president. He has said he will not waste time digging into the far past,”
“The far past will includes Obasanjo and others. But the president has said he will not waste time to go that far.”

In addition to the above statement, the Spokesman also said...
"He can’t afford to go too deep into the past or else it will be destructive for his administration." https://www.nairaland.com/2471364/buhari-probe-jonathans-govt-only

1. The "Far Past" Exclusion:

There was no time during the electioneering or transition period that Buhari made any statement like excluding "far past" administrations. What is "far past"? This obviously is a new creation aimed at protecting certain persons.

Let us do a recall that before the election, APC Chairman John Oyegun was quoted to have said..
“It is clear that from the Buhari’s perspective and that of the APC, the future of the people of this country is too important for us to spend valuable time trying to dig into the past...”

Oyegun further made clarification that the "past" is pre-2015 (not pre-2010) when he said

“And we are going to go into a situation, post May 2015, where the law will normally take its course. There will be a line drawn on the sand; on one part is the past, the other side is the future."
www.punchng.com/news/only-corrupt-nigerians-oppose-buhari-says-apc/

We also recall that Buhari himself on March 11, 2015 in a campaign rally in Kaduna state made it clear that he will only probe post-May 29, 2015 corruption cases.
www.newtelegraphonline.com/i-wont-probe-former-leaders-says-buhari/
www.thenationonlineng.net/buhari-i-wont-probe-past-govts/

There was no talk of "far past" at any time.

2. Obasanjo, Atiku, IBB etc And The "Far Past"

Isn't this laughable? If Buhari had changed his mind from his earlier position, isn't it sane that he probes former administrations especially from the IBB regime? If he insist on probing democratic administrations, then why not start from May 29, 1999? Nigerians will like to know what happened to the billions recovered from Abacha. We will like to bring those indicted in the PTDF scandal to Justice (Obasanjo, Atiku and co). We will like to know what happened to the N2.3trillion the Obasanjo allegedly spent on power. We will like to bring to justice the Haliburton "thieves" among others.

Is Buhari now trying to protect Obasanjo, who happens to be his military benefactor in 1977 and his navigator to the March 28 electoral triumph? Is he trying excluding the Abacha regime because he was part of it? Is he protecting Yar'adua administration because he was his kinsman and certain officers of that government contributed to bring him to power?
Why is Buhari making nonsense of leadership?

3. Going Too Deep Is "Destructive"?

What is destructive in bringing officers of past administrations that has looted our common wealth to justice? Is he trying to say that he can't probe his benefactors (Abacha and Obasanjo), his kinsman (Yar'adua) and his Northern military comrade (IBB), but will only probe Jonathan's administration because he neither benefitted from Jonathan nor is he a kinsman to Jonathan?

Finally, I want to reiterate that I am not against the probe of Jonathan's administration(PDP and Jonathan also share this sentiment). However, it amounts to injustice, unpatriotism and "unstatesmanlike" for the President to come up with a new "jargon" such as "far past" in his bid to shield his benefactors from probe. I to appeal to patriotic Nigerians to call on President Buhari to tow the path of sanity, fairness and statesmanship in leadership.

May God Bless Us All.

Nobody stopped GEJ from probing the government before him. So, bastardnista or is it barcanista if only Baba Buhari can recover as much stolen money as possible from the immediate past government then Nigeria will make headway in the fight against corruption. This will set a trend and provide a template for probity, accountability and equity for future governments. This barcanista guy, I'm really doubting your patriotism and love for this country with your regular analysis indirectly supporting ineptitude, crapulence and massive corruption that was the 'mantra' for the past administration. Lastly, no matter what you say or write against PMB we know it's simply due to malice and mischief. It's only teenagers and children that are urging you and praising you for what you are doing. You know why? Because they don't know or understand the extend of damage done by the past administration. Most of them are under the roof of their parents and even the phone they are using is bought by their parents. I am not in anyway insulting you, but I think it's right to tell you the truth. You don't actually love GEJ more than myself, I solicited for votes for him in 2011 thinking that he will set an exemplary template for the progressive of Nigeria. What we actually got was impunity and massive corruption. May God give PMB the wisdom and understanding to lead Nigeria towards the path of progress. Amen.
Re: Buhari's Planned Probe Of Only Jonathan Administration And The "Far Past" by Chinatownm(m): 11:17am On Jul 24, 2015
barcanista:
Since his March 28 electoral victory, President Buhari has been credited with some statements that are so unworthy of his office as the President of Nigeria. The latest of them is the President's determination to limit his probe to Jonathan's administration only. Add to this, Presidential Spokesman Femi Adesina insulted our sensibilities by these words...

“If you recall, that was already settled before he got inaugurated as president. He has said he will not waste time digging into the far past,”
“The far past will includes Obasanjo and others. But the president has said he will not waste time to go that far.”

"He can’t afford to go too deep into the past or else it will be destructive for his administration." https://www.nairaland.com/2471364/buhari-probe-jonathans-govt-only

There was no time during the electioneering or transition period that Buhari made any statement like excluding "far past" administrations. What is "far past"? This obviously is a new creation aimed at protecting certain persons.

Let us do a recall that before the election, APC Chairman John Oyegun was quoted to have said..
“It is clear that from the Buhari’s perspective and that of the APC, the future of the people of this country is too important for us to spend valuable time trying to dig into the past...”

Oyegun further made clarification that the "past" is pre-2015 (not pre-2010) when he said

“And we are going to go into a situation, post May 2015, where the law will normally take its course. There will be a line drawn on the sand; on one part is the past, the other side is the future."

We also recall that Buhari himself on March 11, 2015 in a campaign rally in Kaduna state made it clear that he will only probe post-May 29, 2015 corruption cases.

Isn't this laughable? If Buhari had changed his mind from his earlier position, isn't it sane that he probes former administrations especially from the IBB regime? If he insist on probing democratic administrations, then why not start from May 29, 1999? Nigerians will like to know what happened to the billions recovered from Abacha. We will like to bring those indicted in the PTDF scandal to Justice (Obasanjo, Atiku and co). We will like to know what happened to the N2.3trillion the Obasanjo allegedly spent on power. We will like to bring to justice the Haliburton "thieves" among others.

Is Buhari now trying to protect Obasanjo, who happens to be his military benefactor in 1977 and his navigator to the March 28 electoral triumph? Is he trying excluding the Abacha regime because he was part of it? Is he protecting Yar'adua administration because he was his kinsman and certain officers of that government contributed to bring him to power?

What is destructive in bringing officers of past administrations that has looted our common wealth to justice? Is he trying to say that he can't probe his benefactors (Abacha and Obasanjo), his kinsman (Yar'adua) and his Northern military comrade (IBB), but will only probe Jonathan's administration because he neither benefitted from Jonathan nor is he a kinsman to Jonathan?

Finally, I want to reiterate that I am not against the probe of Jonathan's administration(PDP and Jonathan also share this sentiment). However, it amounts to injustice, unpatriotism and "unstatesmanlike" for the President to come up with a new "jargon" such as "far past" in his bid to shield his benefactors from probe. I to appeal to patriotic Nigerians to call on President Buhari to tow the path of sanity, fairness and statesmanship in leadership.

May God Bless Us All.

Wat do I offer u sir? Orijin or Alomo, dats a reward for a job well done.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari's Planned Probe Of Only Jonathan Administration And The "Far Past" by hary4luv(m): 12:26pm On Jul 24, 2015
@Barcanista I admire ur analytical strength, ur aptitude towards political issues and most importantly ur clear cut understanding of political activities within d Nigerian system. This goes to show that u understand ur onus as far politics is concerned. keep it up bro!

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari's Planned Probe Of Only Jonathan Administration And The "Far Past" by Pidggin(f): 4:51pm On Jul 24, 2015
dabossman:

I totally agree with you. Let's also add recently arrested rapists, murderers and armed robbers to that list. No need prosecuting them, after all these crimes existed long before they were born.

If you pick only one of these persons for prosecution what happens to the rest? Stop supporting witch hunting. What will happen to all the past crooks that are not being prosecuted. Tell your oga that he will loose many of his supporters if he continues this way.
Re: Buhari's Planned Probe Of Only Jonathan Administration And The "Far Past" by mikolo80: 3:08am On Jul 25, 2015
barcanista:

May God Bless Us All.
so in your mind he should not tackle corruption at all at all because Jonathan was stupid enough to probe 'the far past '.truly you are a wailing wailer my friend
Re: Buhari's Planned Probe Of Only Jonathan Administration And The "Far Past" by biafranqueen: 5:02am On Jul 25, 2015
M0GIDI:
An authentic Barcanista Thread, Nairaland women go gaga grin grin
Yesooooooo!

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Planned Probe Of Only Jonathan Administration And The "Far Past" by Nwaiberibe: 11:56am On Jul 30, 2015
cheruv:

Nna aha gi a di egwu shocked
cool

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Olufemi Olukayode Adeyemi Fshaw EFCC Twitter Handler Leaves / Nigeria’s Debts: How Each Nigerian Owes ₦155,000 / Appointments: Ohaneze Gives Up On Buhari- Daily Sun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.