Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,534 members, 7,837,050 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:11 PM

Buhari's Planned Probe Of Only Jonathan Administration And The "Far Past" - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari's Planned Probe Of Only Jonathan Administration And The "Far Past" (38215 Views)

Ghanaians Comments On Buhari Planned Visit To Their Country. / Buhari's Planned Probe Of Jonathan's Administration: A Booby Trap For APC / Re: Buhari's Planned Probe Of Only Jonathan's Admin. &"far Past"- Barcanista (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari's Planned Probe Of Only Jonathan Administration And The "Far Past" by AprokoMan: 6:08pm On Jul 23, 2015
[s]
fineguy11:
shut up there,,u shld bury your head in shame....
FLASH BACK:i wish u well,my CLUELESS bro frm the naijadelta..,,PMB is doing what other president had no balls to do.....
[/s]

Only brain-dead moles like u would discourage progress and advancement. Quoting his old posts just shows how delusional u are. Since when did stepping forward for the better become a crime? myopic ninny!
Re: Buhari's Planned Probe Of Only Jonathan Administration And The "Far Past" by dabossman(m): 6:10pm On Jul 23, 2015
PassingShot:
Stop crying Chief Wailer!

No one stopped GEJ from probing his predecessor/s. He had a choice and chose what he wanted. It's PMB's time and he will decide who and who to probe. Wailing from now till 2019 will not change that.

The fact is that for any nation to move in the right direction and progress toward real development, each and every government must be held accountable for her actions and inactions. Only when people realize that they will be called to answer for their deeds and misdeeds would they behave reasonably.

President Buhari cannot probe all past govts for lack of time and enormity of the tasks at hand but he is morally obliged to look into actions of his immediate predecessors and not all before him.

If he probes Jona, Nigeria will have taken a very giant step in moving towards accountability. When PMB is done too, let his successor probe his tenure. Before we know it, our elected officials will be guided in their deeds knowing full well that there are consequences for their actions while in office.

Well said. Last I checked, Buhari did not receive hand-over notes from OBJ or Yar Adua's government. However, if in the process of probing the immediate past administration, the names of OBJ, Atiku, IBB, Tinubu and the likes pop-up maybe they can be probed too. We all suspect that these people are corrupt, yes, but it takes more than just speculation to probe and prosecute them. Let anyone who has hard evidence present it to the EFCC. The PDP, or is it TAN now, claimed to have evidence of corrupt practices against Buhari and Tinubu before the elections, but rather than prosecute them with the so-called evidence, they were busy producing documentaries with it.

But not to worry, whenever the PDP returns to power they can chose to probe every government since Lord Lugard.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari's Planned Probe Of Only Jonathan Administration And The "Far Past" by IsraeliAIRFORCE: 6:10pm On Jul 23, 2015
Barcanista:

Shehu Shagari and the National Assembly probed Obasanjo and Buhari (his petroleum minister) and was booted out by the rogue coupist in 1983

The antecedents of Buhari as Petroleum Minister is why OBJ couldn't trust anybody to serve as Minister for Petroleum under his government.

Had Jonathan tried probing OBJ or past "owners of Nigeria", they would tag him corrupt and overthrow his government midway.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari's Planned Probe Of Only Jonathan Administration And The "Far Past" by ajalaolanr(m): 6:11pm On Jul 23, 2015
AprokoMan:
[s][/s]

How objective can one be, I voted and supported GEJ in 2011, he thew the goodwill of Nigerians to the dogs and let corruption thrive he did! I won't dabble in the mud or go 'roforofo' with you. Sorry I rocked your craddle, you can put your suckle back in your mouth , stick your tail inbetween your legs and Trott away.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari's Planned Probe Of Only Jonathan Administration And The "Far Past" by blackpriest0911: 6:11pm On Jul 23, 2015
Wailing Barcanista.....u must live with it ,Apc is on board,if u don't like it go and hug a transformer

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's Planned Probe Of Only Jonathan Administration And The "Far Past" by Nobody: 6:12pm On Jul 23, 2015
Like I said, you should try understand the composition of Council of State. For the avoidance of doubt, Council of State is not tied to the Executive. It is a distinct but advisory organ that comprises of ALL 36 State Governors, The Speaker of the House (Reps), The Senate President, All former Presidents, Chief Justice of the Federation, The Vice President and SGF who is the Secretary. The President Chairs the body.

The Council of State must first approve before pardon is granted. During Alams pardon, Some APC Governors were at the meeting including exPresidents, All of them endorsed it. It is naïve to say "the President granted Alams pardon". The Office of the President and the Executive is very Different from the State.

Stop bringing DSS, EFCC into this. These are Agencies of the Executive.
philips70:

grin grin grin grin grin grin Barcanista, stop it! Even Jonathan when he was asked in a media chat what did he say? He admitted and said it was within his powers to do so, that he didn't breach any law. You fall my hand here. Council of state ko local government of country ni! If same happens in this Buhari government you will create 100 threads.
Going by logic if I follow it, please don't accuse PMB when DSS, EFCC and other constituted bodies carry out their statutory roles anymore. They are established by an act of parliament to carry out their duties.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari's Planned Probe Of Only Jonathan Administration And The "Far Past" by rhymaholic: 6:13pm On Jul 23, 2015
it pleases Jonathan not to probe his predecessors so he shouldnt complain if Buhari decides to probe him. If Jonathan is pleased with the way OBJ, Abdulsalami and co handled their govt, unfortunately, Buhari isnt pleased with the way he handled his govt hence probe, regardless of what he said during his campaign. At least, this is a positive thing and he has since reiterated that not minding which party anyone belongs..the probe would be full scale.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's Planned Probe Of Only Jonathan Administration And The "Far Past" by cheruv: 6:13pm On Jul 23, 2015
Nwaiberibe:

Come, lemme warn u. Don't ever in ur life again mention Berem and Orlu in the same sentence. She's an Hausa woman that happens to live in Orlu. WE DON'T BREED PIGLETS!
Nna aha gi a di egwu shocked
Re: Buhari's Planned Probe Of Only Jonathan Administration And The "Far Past" by M16: 6:14pm On Jul 23, 2015
How many threads will be opened the day Jo- naatan (yoruba - for Jo spent it all) is arrested by EFCC or DSS
Re: Buhari's Planned Probe Of Only Jonathan Administration And The "Far Past" by engineerboat(m): 6:16pm On Jul 23, 2015
Themaingate:
@op the money stolen during the tenure of jonathan far far exceed what have being stolen since independent put together.

Jonathan and all ministers need to be probe bro sorry

Assumption as usual, where are your facts data. We want facts and figurres not Propaganga to win oublic sympathy which will not . Remember election is over

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Planned Probe Of Only Jonathan Administration And The "Far Past" by mandax: 6:16pm On Jul 23, 2015
Dannyset:
Chairman of the Association!
Stop giving ursef sleepless night over how Buhari want to deal with Jonathan. If those past Govt should be probed, then it was in the power of Jona to do it. Now let him face the immediate past govt because that's the only one he can get enough document to unravel.
Stop shielding corruption and cankerworm, and be reasonable and thankful for once.

In your mindset, some criminal acts can be forgotten and forgiven while others must be tackled head-on.
You really want to belong to a country characterized by impunity.

Let others who want to gerrout of your Zoo do so without any more hindrance.

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Planned Probe Of Only Jonathan Administration And The "Far Past" by AprokoMan: 6:18pm On Jul 23, 2015
[s]
ajalaolanr:

How objective can one be, I voted and supported GEJ in 2011, he thew the goodwill of Nigerians to the dogs and let corruption thrive he did! I won't dabble in the mud or go 'roforofo' with you. Sorry I rocked your craddle, you can put your suckle back in your mouth , stick your tail inbetween your legs and Trott away.
[/s]

Shut ur foul-smelling buccal cavity and stop lying, douche! Can u post any positive comment u've ever made about GEJ on this forum? If u can't then go fart peas at the moon !!
Re: Buhari's Planned Probe Of Only Jonathan Administration And The "Far Past" by fineguy11(m): 6:19pm On Jul 23, 2015
AprokoMan:
[s][/s]

when did 'wailing against probing of corrupt polithiefcians''become an "ADVANCEMENT"?it seems GEJ isnt the only top contender for the award of cluelessness,,,MR PROTECTION SEEKER AND THE THWART IM QUOTING ARE REALLY GIVING GEJ A RUN FOR HIS MONEY!.

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Planned Probe Of Only Jonathan Administration And The "Far Past" by Nobody: 6:21pm On Jul 23, 2015
IsraeliAIRFORCE:

Shehu Shagari and the National Assembly probed Obasanjo and Buhari (his petroleum minister) and was booted out by the rouge coupist in 1983

the antecedents of Buhari is why OBJ couldn't trust anybody to serve as Minister for Petroleum under his government.

Had Jonathan tried probing OBJ or past "owners of Nigeria", they would tag him corrupt and overthrow his government.
Bros, I can't remember when I made the comment that you responded to. Lol

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Planned Probe Of Only Jonathan Administration And The "Far Past" by emeka2847: 6:22pm On Jul 23, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

Buhari is confused...when Amanpour asked him the code of conduct which he's putting in place, he started blabbing about another thing altogether...He's simply a charlatan and noise maker who contradicts himself always

Shey una talk b4 say money no lost. Una go talk true.

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Planned Probe Of Only Jonathan Administration And The "Far Past" by akilo1: 6:22pm On Jul 23, 2015
buhari giving jonathan and the postor sleepless night since 1914

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari's Planned Probe Of Only Jonathan Administration And The "Far Past" by IsraeliAIRFORCE: 6:24pm On Jul 23, 2015
barcanista:
Bros, I can't remember when I made the comment that you responded to. Lol

Modified
Re: Buhari's Planned Probe Of Only Jonathan Administration And The "Far Past" by M16: 6:25pm On Jul 23, 2015
IsraeliAIRFORCE:

Modified

Jonathan ole

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Planned Probe Of Only Jonathan Administration And The "Far Past" by AprokoMan: 6:26pm On Jul 23, 2015
[s]
fineguy11:
when did 'wailing against probing of corrupt polithiefcians''become an "ADVANCEMENT"?it seems GEJ isnt the only top contender for the award of cluelessness,,,MR PROTECTION SEEKER AND THE THWART IM QUOTING ARE REALLY GIVING GEJ A RUN FOR HIS MONEY!.
[/s]

At least, u should have tried being reasonable a bit if at all u want me to buy ur opinion. Was it not Buhari that said he'd grant amnesty to his predecessors but deal with erring members of his cabinets instead? Hatred indeed has blinded ur sense of judgment. Any similarity between you and a human is purely coincidental!
Re: Buhari's Planned Probe Of Only Jonathan Administration And The "Far Past" by greatcrown: 6:28pm On Jul 23, 2015
The onus is on the present government to probe immediate past government.

That is why Wike is threatening to probe Amaechi in Rivers state.

Buhari go ahead and probe.
As far as I am concerned, what goes around comes around.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's Planned Probe Of Only Jonathan Administration And The "Far Past" by mandax: 6:29pm On Jul 23, 2015
M0GIDI:
In march Buhari was saying he'd probe no one.

In July I'd probe only Jonathan.

http://thenationonlineng.net/buhari-i-wont-probe-past-govts/

No Nigerian leader has diminished the office of President and HoS the way PMB has been doing since May 29, 2015.

It has been Buhari contradicting himself on a daily basis. He has practically marched upon all his campaign promises

It's like an old witch in witch hunt escapades for Buhari. Even matters of creating wealth and providing development infrastructure for Nigerians have no more mention under Buhari government.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari's Planned Probe Of Only Jonathan Administration And The "Far Past" by ajalaolanr(m): 6:31pm On Jul 23, 2015
AprokoMan:
[s][/s]

I will pray for you sir, you are in a deprived pained and suffering condition that calls for worry and concern. Whoso ever put you in such a bondage need to be called out and demand that he frees you from such hate, pain and agony.

You have a condition, not sure if it's psychological or physical in nature , but surely sir..you are not well sir.

I will pray for you

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's Planned Probe Of Only Jonathan Administration And The "Far Past" by timota(m): 6:36pm On Jul 23, 2015
It was the duty of jonathan to probe yaradua,and that of yaradua to probe obasanjo. So Buhari should only probe jonathan
Re: Buhari's Planned Probe Of Only Jonathan Administration And The "Far Past" by Nobody: 6:38pm On Jul 23, 2015
M16:

M.U.M.U Abacha has been dead since 1998
Did I said Abacha is alive. O di ka ewu tara ugwo akwukwo gi
Re: Buhari's Planned Probe Of Only Jonathan Administration And The "Far Past" by AprokoMan: 6:39pm On Jul 23, 2015
[s]
ajalaolanr:

I will pray for you sir, you are in a deprived pained and suffering condition that calls for worry and concern. Whoso ever put you in such a bondage need to be called out and demand that he frees you from such hate, pain and agony.

You have a condition, not sure if it's psychological or physical in nature , but surely sir..you are not well sir.

I will pray for you
[/s]

BUA BUA BUA BUA BUA! grin grin grin Pain? LMAO! Why would I be in pain? I'm catching fun, punkass, no pains at all. U know what? Brains aren't everything. In fact, in your case they're nothing. But I advise u keep talking, someday you'll say something intelligent! grin
Re: Buhari's Planned Probe Of Only Jonathan Administration And The "Far Past" by tomakint: 6:42pm On Jul 23, 2015
Coming this far, yet no Janjaweedian can counter this objective submissions with reasonable arguments all I see from these incorrigible children of hate are tantrum-throwings toward barcanista and I keep asking why?

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari's Planned Probe Of Only Jonathan Administration And The "Far Past" by ajalaolanr(m): 6:42pm On Jul 23, 2015
AprokoMan:
[s][/s]

Lol, good to know we both don't mean evils. .stay safe bro.
Re: Buhari's Planned Probe Of Only Jonathan Administration And The "Far Past" by fineguy11(m): 6:45pm On Jul 23, 2015
AprokoMan:
[s][/s]

wow!i cant believe i have been wasting my time replying one whose intellect is tantamount to that of a buffalo...where and when did PMB made that statement?Amnesty for people who stole billions of naira?u cant even cook up a good lie,what a dunce..
Re: Buhari's Planned Probe Of Only Jonathan Administration And The "Far Past" by Nobody: 6:48pm On Jul 23, 2015
barcanista:
Them no get sense. They should continue to create threads and wail. Comprehension too hard for those people.

For this thread, as long as Buhari wants to be selective we won't give him rest
Mr wailing wailer,you are the one not resting bro...to think President Buhari get sleepless night reading your post or comments is plain stupidity...

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Planned Probe Of Only Jonathan Administration And The "Far Past" by AprokoMan: 6:49pm On Jul 23, 2015
[s]
fineguy11:
wow!i cant believe i have been wasting my time replying one whose intellect is tantamount to that of a buffalo...where and when did PMB made that statement?Amnesty for people who stole billions of naira?u cant even cook up a good lie,what a dunce..
[/s]

see, I love arguments but at the same time I hate idiots. Ordinarily people live and learn. You just live. Read below:

Muhammadu Buhari, presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress, APC has granted amnesty to all past leaders of the country including former President Olusegun Obasanjo and President Goodluck Jonathan.

THE SUN reported that Buhari made the amnesty declaration in Kaduna on Wednesday. Speaking in Hausa, Buhari said, ''On the issue of past corrupt leaders facing trials in various courts across the country, I would allow the courts to decide on those cases, but whoever that is indicted of corruption between 1999 to the time of swearing-in, would be pardoned. I am going to draw a line, anybody who involved himself in corruption after I assume office, will face the music''.

He urged the crowd to collect their PVCs and vote APC, ''If you don’t want to continue to suffer, to be enslaved and reduced to mere paupers, then vote APC from the presidential through to even House of Assembly candidates in the forthcoming elections. “The stealing is continuing, bad leadership is continuing and it is a must that these must change. This is that I have provided myself as a sacrificial lamb for the change.
http://www.nigeriadailynews.com/news/112405-buhari-grants-amnesty-to-obasanjo-jonathan-only-new-offenders-will-be-probed.html
Re: Buhari's Planned Probe Of Only Jonathan Administration And The "Far Past" by Nobody: 6:50pm On Jul 23, 2015

Jonathan to Buhari: I am ready for probe
President Goodluck Jonathan on Monday said he is ready for any probe of activities under his watch when he leaves office on May 29.

In a statement issued by his Special Adviser on Media and Publicity, Dr. Reuben Abati, the President said that he is not afraid of any investigation after leaving office.

He noted that investigations will not be out of place since Jonathan’s administration also reviewed the actions of previous governments on assumption of office.

“As Alhaji Mohammed threatened in his statement, the incoming administration will be perfectly within its rights to review all actions of the present government as it may deem fit.
“We see nothing wrong with that. After all, the present administration reviewed the actions of previous governments on assumption of office with resultant benefits for policy and project implementation,” he said.

He also disclosed that President Jonathan has ordered the immediate release of the full report of PriceWater Cooper’s investigations into the alleged unremitted $20 billion to the Federation account by the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC).

He said: “President Jonathan is also deeply concerned by the continuing suggestions that his administration still has something to hide about the unproven allegation that about $20 billion is unaccounted for by the NNPC during his tenure.

“To lay the matter to rest, President Jonathan in line with Section 7(2) of the NNPC Act, has directed that the full report of the PWC Forensic Audit of the NNPC accounts be released immediately to the public so that all Nigerians will be properly informed on the matter.
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/04/jonathan-to-buhari-i-am-ready-for-probe/

As Reuben Abati put it, Nigerians would benefit from a thorough probe of Jonathan administration. And since Jonathan is not afraid of probe, why the noise?

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Planned Probe Of Only Jonathan Administration And The "Far Past" by anonimi: 6:52pm On Jul 23, 2015
philips70:
I am waiting for a thread where you and your cohorts will call on Wike to include ODILI in his probe of Rivers accounts.

Shey na APC winches hold your hand so tey you nor fit start your own thread

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2162677_img20150225204321edit_jpeg56bb1cb2db278f716bb3a9df7c4cd726

2 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Governor Umahi: South East Governors Will Approve May 30 As Biafra Day / Installation Of Tinubu As Akinrogun Of Lagos In 1992 (Throwback Photo) / 2 Vehicles Filled With Explosives, Arms Reportedly Intercepted In Maiduguri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.