Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,799 members, 7,810,078 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:13 PM

Rare Picture Of Head Of State Maj.gen Aguiyi Ironsi In Kano - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rare Picture Of Head Of State Maj.gen Aguiyi Ironsi In Kano (45357 Views)

Aguiyi-Ironsi With Ojukwu, Gowon, Hassan Katsina, David Ejoor & Wey. Throwback / Victoria Aguiyi-Ironsi Speaks On The 50th Year Of Aguiyi Ironsi's Death / The Truth Behind General Aguiyi- Ironsi’s Crocodile Swagger Stick (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rare Picture Of Head Of State Maj.gen Aguiyi Ironsi In Kano by splashbaby(m): 12:23pm On Jul 24, 2015
IGBOSON1:

^^^Oh please...just shut da fuc/k up! What blackmail are you talking about!?.....You talking of their agitation for self-determination?

If a people don't want to share the same country with hateful and vengeful animals you mean they don't have a right to want out!?! It's fools like you that can't live on their own without wanting to share a country with the very people they despise -as you showed in the second paragraph of your post- that need a brain check!
Son of a silly coward... Your desire to cause problems in Nigeria will eventually lead you to stay alone. The prison will be opened wide enough for you and cohort if you insist staying alone. I have never seen a tribe populated with so many lunatics eager to repeat their mistakes. He who preaches division and hatred do not deserve peace...

2 Likes

Re: Rare Picture Of Head Of State Maj.gen Aguiyi Ironsi In Kano by Dminister(m): 12:26pm On Jul 24, 2015
The best word to describe the january 15 1966 coup that took the life of maj Aguiyi Ironsi, Ademulegu, Ralph shodeinde, Ahmadu Bello et al is that the coup was highly counter conspired. "Exercise damisa” was taken to a full blow coup to annex power for the major power players and conspirators. Chicken delima complex politics still the key factor in nigeria politics till today. No tribe wants to loss out when it comes to allocation of values. Power tussle will therefore emanate between the major players! God help us.
Re: Rare Picture Of Head Of State Maj.gen Aguiyi Ironsi In Kano by austinbrown: 12:28pm On Jul 24, 2015
kestolove95:
The man that scatta nigeria with his brother chukwuma kaduna...no wonder the ibos are paying the price 2day
bastard u r, bastard u shall remain

2 Likes

Re: Rare Picture Of Head Of State Maj.gen Aguiyi Ironsi In Kano by splashbaby(m): 12:34pm On Jul 24, 2015
DukeNija:

You are an idiot for writing garbage without substance.
Development indices? You must be a dunce to think that Ado Ekiti, Ibadan, Akure and Osogbo score higher than Owerri, Onitsha, Enugu city, Umuahia, e.t.c
Poverty ravaged people like the yorubas I've been there and I pity the future of your educational institutions, especially the primary level.
We are like slaves? The only slaves I know are the yorubas whose presidential mandate was stolen without a hiss. Abiola died a useless man and all his assets are gone with the wind.
Am I making sense? Its called arguing with substance.
Learn you fool.
We own the manufacturing sector, trade and commerce.
Nigeria can boast of ownership of your under developed markets in Ibadan, Ladipo, Alaba, Ado Ekiti, e.t.c because your people sell brooms while we sell the machinerirs that spin them.
Die of hate.
We are more economically viable than your poverty stricken tribe of ugly black looking people with marks like zebra, struggling for crumbs from donations while your governors feed fat.
Eranko.... Do you think selling okrika, ogogoro and oporoko na commerce. Backward village boy, call for independence and see if your masters won't smoke you out of your stupidity as usual.

You and your fathers are certified cowards.... Confused Israeli wanna be, start any war again and die like your fathers

4 Likes

Re: Rare Picture Of Head Of State Maj.gen Aguiyi Ironsi In Kano by teamchocolate: 12:38pm On Jul 24, 2015
You still don't get it do you? Azikiwe was spared by his region.. they didn't kill the eastern corrupt politician as agreed.. Okotie eboh was unfortunate to be in the company of a Northerner wen he was killed.. plus he was the one in charge of finance and was in the know of the ongoing corruption.. if you still don't get it.. I can't help you further.. pls also work on your tenses.. I don't blame you, I blame your eastern leaders who were sleeping when their mates were working.. cheers and pls Bleep off my mention.. thanks.

kraftykc:

Okaaay, so he WAS an Easterners and HE WAS KILLED got being corrupt? Why then would the North blame the entire East if the coup plotters killed an influential Easterners? Actually you made my point for me.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rare Picture Of Head Of State Maj.gen Aguiyi Ironsi In Kano by amaben2020(m): 12:38pm On Jul 24, 2015
the hate in Nigeria has gone deeper than I thought, let our generation make a difference, repent oh ye Igbos, Howsirs and yellowbars

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rare Picture Of Head Of State Maj.gen Aguiyi Ironsi In Kano by DukeNija(m): 12:39pm On Jul 24, 2015
splashbaby:
Eranko.... Do you think selling okrika, ogogoro and oporoko na commerce. Backward village boy, call for independence and see if your masters won't smoke you out your stupidity as usual.

You and your fathers are certified cowards.... Confused Israeli wanna be, start any war again and die like your fathers

Lmaaooooooooo
Now I know I've been arguing with a nitwit.
It was probably your ancestor who sold his kinsmen to the slave traders, after seeing his ugly reflection in a small mirror.
You are no match for me. I am an Igbo Man

1 Like

Re: Rare Picture Of Head Of State Maj.gen Aguiyi Ironsi In Kano by splashbaby(m): 12:39pm On Jul 24, 2015
Icecomrade:
A

Another goat handling phone keypad
Brain washed buffoon... Isreali wanna be.

1 Like

Re: Rare Picture Of Head Of State Maj.gen Aguiyi Ironsi In Kano by teamchocolate: 12:42pm On Jul 24, 2015
Omo ale lo ma n fi owor osi juwe Ile baba e... awon omo akotileta..

BankeSmalls:

I am from Ibadan and its a confam pigsty. Very dirty.

1 Like

Re: Rare Picture Of Head Of State Maj.gen Aguiyi Ironsi In Kano by Noblemarce: 12:45pm On Jul 24, 2015
kestolove95:
The man that scatta nigeria with his brother chukwuma kaduna...no wonder the ibos are paying the price 2day
. May ur days be short.

2 Likes

Re: Rare Picture Of Head Of State Maj.gen Aguiyi Ironsi In Kano by NgwaManNaija4LF(m): 12:45pm On Jul 24, 2015
hakeem4:
okay it's only education you're better ... But still out of 18 million Igbos .. You couldn't even bring out 1 Nobel laureate

Igbos are 32 million for your correction, Achebe is greater than Soyinka for your information.Get that fact!!!

2 Likes

Re: Rare Picture Of Head Of State Maj.gen Aguiyi Ironsi In Kano by ceejay4real(m): 12:45pm On Jul 24, 2015
AreaFada2:

The guy was innocent. He had no reason to fear. He even centralised the govt hoping to foster national unity and please the North. Appointed Col. Katsina, a prince, as Governor. Alas, it wasn't enough.

I rather put a little bit of on blame Dr. Nwafor Orizu (then senate president & Acting President) as Zik was convalescing in the Caribbean. Knowing that Balewa was dead and Ahmadu Bello was most certainly dead, he should never have dithered. If he had summoned Dipcharima, (next in line & Northerner) to form a government, there would have been no much vacuum that led to the "handover" to the military to restore public order. In reality, most were very inexperienced and unprepared for such a crisis.

We haven't recovered from the events that followed till now.

God bless you my broda! The civilians shouldn't have handed over to the military. After that Nzeogwu and Co should have been dismissed from the Army and imprisoned for life or upwards of 15 to 21 years. The military's sojourn in2 politics wrecked Nigeria's dreams of becoming a great nation state in the comity of nations.

1 Like

Re: Rare Picture Of Head Of State Maj.gen Aguiyi Ironsi In Kano by teamchocolate: 12:46pm On Jul 24, 2015
See why you are a confirmed tribal bigot, you fool.. you spelt every other tribe normally but mis-spelt others.. no matter what u do tribalism is ingrained in your lot.. biafranitwits..
amaben2020:
the hate in Nigeria has gone deeper than I thought, let our generation make a difference, repent oh ye Igbos, Howsirs and yellowbars

1 Like

Re: Rare Picture Of Head Of State Maj.gen Aguiyi Ironsi In Kano by splashbaby(m): 12:47pm On Jul 24, 2015
DukeNija:

Lmaaooooooooo
Now I know I've been arguing with a nitwit.
It was probably your ancestor who sold his kinsmen to the slave traders, after seeing his ugly reflection in a small mirror.
You are no match for me. I am an Igbo Man
Do you mean to say an Igbo fool... A second class citizen of Nigeria, chief trouble makers of Nigeria since independence,... Your records as a failed tribe is shamefully appalling. It's you every tribes don't like in Nigeria.... Awon iran ki ran. Jews wanna be... A tribe without identity.

2 Likes

Re: Rare Picture Of Head Of State Maj.gen Aguiyi Ironsi In Kano by IGBOSON1: 12:54pm On Jul 24, 2015
kritikali:

The ibos actually were the one that deceived gEj..they see an opportunity to loot nigeria dry (okonjo and madueke) and to pay the north back for the civil war (ihekirija)..u ruined the innocent man biko..and as per aguyi ironsi,he watched his own brothers slaughter northern elites..am sure u didn't expect em to stay silent.

^^^Your crass stupidity is of gargantuan proportions walahi!

If Igbos (who besides Ironsis' 6 months in office) haven't produced a president/commander-in-chief since independence; and given the way the country has been misgoverned and the economy run aground since then, how then does your daft mind compute that Ndigbo are responsible for 'looting Nigeria dry'!? Idiat, who are those that depend on gov't/Abuja the most, and who are those that can't live with themselves if they're aren't the ones calling the shots even for a minute!?

You bastards are so paranoid to the extent that any action or inaction of a Igbo or Niger Deltan is misconstrued as 'payback for the civil war'!.....Is your past haunting you? Well, your man is now president so what da hell are you waiting for.....send Ihejirka to The Hague if you feel you have anything against him!

Your evil mindset is exactly the reason why Nigeria is where it is today; trying to justify evil under ANY guise is the way of cavemen, and such behaviour doesn't belong in the 21st century!
Re: Rare Picture Of Head Of State Maj.gen Aguiyi Ironsi In Kano by hakeem4(m): 12:58pm On Jul 24, 2015
NgwaManNaija4LF:

Igbos are 32 million for your correction, Achebe is greater than Soyinka for your information.Get that fact!!!
lmao you'd be a better comedian for this statement bro !!!!!! Achebe better than Soyinka my ass

3 Likes

Re: Rare Picture Of Head Of State Maj.gen Aguiyi Ironsi In Kano by anonym0us: 1:06pm On Jul 24, 2015
garrimallam:
Ur knowledge of history is insigificant!
I wish you could add more to my research sir
Re: Rare Picture Of Head Of State Maj.gen Aguiyi Ironsi In Kano by anonym0us: 1:13pm On Jul 24, 2015
Castroii:
yea u are right but the truth is that he never supported the coup. He hindered the success of d coup in lagos while ojukwu hidered its success in the East, chukuma only succeeded in Kaduna and if not 4 dis 2 men, the coup wud av bin successful. Mayb they hindered it due 2 Ego cosidereing that th coup was led by a junior officer. But 2 be sincere, the success of that coup wud av made naija a beta place cos the motive was 2 eliminate corrupt officers n politicians, chukuma was a very patriotic Nigerian, even during the civil war, he never supported the biafra ideology by ojuku, he was stil an advocate of one nigeria, thus making ojukwu think him as a sabotouer. If our soldiers n officers can be as half brave as chukuma, then bokoharam wud av bin a thing of d past.
The Death of Nzeogwu Nzeogwu had gone out on a reconnaissance mission in the Nsukka sector. He was travelling in an improvised armoured vehicle (known as a "Biafran Red Devil"wink that had been converted by the ingenious Biafran engineers from a Bedford truck. The vehicle was cumbersome despite its impressive ingenuity. The vehicle became immobilised and was surrounded by federal troops of the 21stbattalion at a roadblock near the University of Nigeria Nsukka campus. The troops were led by Captain Abubakar Gora, and they opened fired on it. The vehicle's improvised armour withstood their bullets until it was attacked with the fearsome 106mm recoilless rifle which pierced its body. Ironically, the 106mm recoilless rifle was the same anti-tank weapon that Nzeogwu and other soldiers used in January 1966 to attack and destroy the official lodge of the Sardauna of Sokoto. At this point, the accounts diverge. Olu Mamdap (former military driver to General Domkat Bali) witnessed the incident and claims that Nzeogwu and the other “two or three” occupants in the vehicle were killed while still inside the vehicle. Mamdap claims that it was not known that Nzeogwu was inside until the corpses were dragged out. However Major-Generals Mohammed Shuwa and Abdullahi Shelleng (who were not present when Nzeogwu was killed but saw his corpse) claimed that while being fired on, Nzeogwu jumped out from the vehicle, shouted in Hausa and identified himself as Major Nzeogwu but was shot dead anyway. Ojukwu's mixed race half brother Tom Biggar was also killed along with Nzeogwu. Biggar was the child of Ojukwu’s mother after she divorced Sir Louis Odumegwu and married a European named Biggar. Nzeogwu's corpse was identified by Lieutenant Abdullahi Shelleng who ordered that it should be stored firstly in the University of Nigeria campus at Nsukka. However, by the time Shelleng arrived, Nzeogwu's eyes had been plucked out in what appears to have been a ritual mutilation. According to Shelleng the soldier who shot Nzeogwu was ironically Nzeogwu's former batman. The corpse was later sent to 1 division headquarters in Makurdi where the 1 division commander Colonel Mohammed Shuwa informed the head of state Major-General Gowon. Despite the fact that Nzeogwu was now technically an enemy soldier killed in combat against the Nigerian army, Gowon ordered that Nzeogwu's body should be flown to Kaduna and buried with full military honours – even as the war raged on in the Eastern Region. Even in death, Nzeogwu was still respected by federal and northern troops. Domkat Bali referred to him as: “a nice, charismatic and disciplined officer, highly admired and respected by his colleagues. At least he was not in the habit of being found in the company of women all the time messing about with them in the officers mess, a pastime of many young officers then….we believed that he was a genuinely patriotic officer who organised the 1966 coup with the best of intentions who was let down by his collaborators….If we had captured him alive, he would not have been killed. I believe he probably would have been tried for his role in the January 15 coup, jailed and probably freed after some time. His death was regrettable.”

2 Likes

Re: Rare Picture Of Head Of State Maj.gen Aguiyi Ironsi In Kano by anonym0us: 1:17pm On Jul 24, 2015
ChikezieU:
, really, now that the Notherners are occupying the key positions, and down playing others what is your take on that.
A historian should also know that history is not written just for the weak of memory, but that the past occurrence should not repeat it self. Nigeria is expired.
my brother that's how fate decided it
Re: Rare Picture Of Head Of State Maj.gen Aguiyi Ironsi In Kano by shotster50(m): 1:18pm On Jul 24, 2015
Ironsi quite the tragic character.. believed in the innate goodwill of mankind and totally naive to the reality around him....
Re: Rare Picture Of Head Of State Maj.gen Aguiyi Ironsi In Kano by Nobody: 1:18pm On Jul 24, 2015
DukeNija:

Yoruba lmaooooo
What have you that the igbos have not bested.
Is it in education? Industrialization? Trade and commerce? Sport? Where can you sincerely say you are equal to the igbos. You have been president once and how did that make your region developed? How did Obasanjo make the SW better than other regions?
You claimed to have education, but the igbos took that away from you. Ask WAEC for the past 4 years.
this is ridiculous. Stop this foolish tribal bigotry. undecided
You have also been president once. Dare I say how terrible his administration was.
And besides, the Igbo is actually behind when it comes to intelligence. Most notable inventors and scientists abroad are NOT Igbo.
You do not see the tribes involved shouting like empty vessels.

Stop your insane pride and just learn to be a team player for once! angry

2 Likes

Re: Rare Picture Of Head Of State Maj.gen Aguiyi Ironsi In Kano by anonym0us: 1:20pm On Jul 24, 2015
VickJames:

Okotie-eboh was from the north ba?

And Aguiyi- ironsi would've been killed if he wasn't with enough guards that night they planned to kill him.
ironsi knew about the coup but he was too gentlemanly with it...mutala Muhammad was behind the coup
Re: Rare Picture Of Head Of State Maj.gen Aguiyi Ironsi In Kano by anonym0us: 1:22pm On Jul 24, 2015
kraftykc:

Key positions? Like which ones please?
top military officers and civil service
Re: Rare Picture Of Head Of State Maj.gen Aguiyi Ironsi In Kano by EastLebanon(m): 1:25pm On Jul 24, 2015
hakeem4:
okay it's only education you're better ... But still out of 18 million Igbos .. You couldn't even bring out 1 Nobel laureate
hahaha,let me tell you,IGBOS doesnt need what other people needs to succed,by the way noble prize is just a prize given by norwegian and swedes government,CHINUA ACHEBE didn't won nobel prize and he was undisputedly the greatest african writer,the only only african whose book(THINGS FALL APART)is in the list of 100 most sought after book in the world,the only african whose book is the most translated,the first african whose book was made standard curricular in schools across the world,even the europeans and americans calls him the great grandfather of modern african literature.so why are you comparing him with wole soyinka who only won the noble prize in 1986,whose nobel prize didn't even grant him the professor of poetry in oxford university instead he lost it to someone that haven't even dreamt of winning nobel prize.
Note:am not downgrading the nobel laurete,i just wanted to cure your madness.thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rare Picture Of Head Of State Maj.gen Aguiyi Ironsi In Kano by Mugabe(m): 1:26pm On Jul 24, 2015
AH!! AH!! WHO BROUGHT THIS ONE OUT? HMMMHHH!! THIS CAN ONLY BE COMING FROM THE GENERAL'S CLOSE SOURCE AS AT THEN.WHO WAS HIS ADC PLEASE AT HIS DEATH. PLEASE LET HIM PRODUCE ALL THE PICTURES HE HAS.
Re: Rare Picture Of Head Of State Maj.gen Aguiyi Ironsi In Kano by kritikali(m): 1:32pm On Jul 24, 2015
IGBOSON1:

^^^Your crass stupidity is of gargantuan proportions walahi!

If Igbos (who besides Ironsis' 6 months in office) haven't produced a president/commander-in-chief since independence; and given the way the country has been misgoverned and the economy run aground since then, how then does your daft mind compute that Ndigbo are responsible for 'looting Nigeria dry'!? Idiat, who are those that depend on gov't/Abuja the most, and who are those that can't live with themselves if they're aren't the ones calling the shots even for a minute!?

You bastards are so paranoid to the extent that any action or inaction of a Igbo or Niger Deltan is misconstrued as 'payback for the civil war'!.....Is your past haunting you? Well, your man is now president so what da hell are you waiting for.....send Ihejirka to The Hague if you feel you have anything against him!

Your evil mindset is exactly the reason why Nigeria is where it is today; trying to justify evil under ANY guise is the way of cavemen, and such behaviour doesn't belong in the 21st century!

After going through the senselessness u post, I had to go back to my post to see where I mention. Anytin about Niger delta, couldn't find any. I began to wonder why u brot em up in dis, then I remember that it has always bein the motive of u greedy bastards, to always want to drag the N/D to d mud with you (oyel comes to mind). Now to rephrase it all for a brain washed animal like u, the lootin under GEJ is incomparable to any since independence. Ihekirija or wateve the hel his name is, whether u product of baby factory like it or not is still bein investigated if not wanted for war crimes and cannot travel freely to just anywhere in the world. Now stop displayin how deluded u re, and go find something reasonable to write up in defence.

3 Likes

Re: Rare Picture Of Head Of State Maj.gen Aguiyi Ironsi In Kano by kraftykc(m): 1:32pm On Jul 24, 2015
teamchocolate:
You still don't get it do you? Azikiwe was spared by his region.. they didn't kill the eastern corrupt politician as agreed.. Okotie eboh was unfortunate to be in the company of a Northerner wen he was killed.. plus he was the one in charge of finance and was in the know of the ongoing corruption.. if you still don't get it.. I can't help you further.. pls also work on your tenses.. I don't blame you, I blame your eastern leaders who were sleeping when their mates were working.. cheers and pls Bleep off my mention.. thanks.

The reason you find yourself resorting to insults is because you are not letting yourself see the the truth. Your obstinacy is bred from your fear.

Thanks for the correction though, I have astigmatism so I make them fairly often. Excuse me
Re: Rare Picture Of Head Of State Maj.gen Aguiyi Ironsi In Kano by kraftykc(m): 1:32pm On Jul 24, 2015
anonym0us:
top military officers and civil service

Like which... You know what, forget it. I'm good.
Re: Rare Picture Of Head Of State Maj.gen Aguiyi Ironsi In Kano by BankeSmalls(f): 1:38pm On Jul 24, 2015
teamchocolate:

Omo ale lo ma n fi owor osi juwe Ile baba e... awon omo akotileta..

omo ale jati jati grin
Re: Rare Picture Of Head Of State Maj.gen Aguiyi Ironsi In Kano by BankeSmalls(f): 1:42pm On Jul 24, 2015
splashbaby:
You know the best way to describe you and your silly traitors.... "Ethnocentric lunatics" many of your fathers died as betrayals... Ours died as conquering heros... Your lots are eager to die young as traitors.

Our fathers died as betrayals and poison drinkers grin Remember our big uncle Awolowo?
Re: Rare Picture Of Head Of State Maj.gen Aguiyi Ironsi In Kano by Duru1(m): 1:45pm On Jul 24, 2015
amaben2020:
The Igbos were highly detribalized people not until the civil war, we all are one, let's unite and make Nigeria a better place

We are not one, have ever been one and cannot be one. Anybody talking about unity in Nigeria is a borderline goon.
Re: Rare Picture Of Head Of State Maj.gen Aguiyi Ironsi In Kano by Duru1(m): 1:49pm On Jul 24, 2015
hakeem4:
lmao you'd be a better comedian for this statement bro !!!!!! Achebe better than Soyinka my ass

If you think the idiotic noble crap is your platform for any comparison, I can safely say you are one gigantic reason the Europeans refer to Africans as monkeys. Does anyone know Wole Soyinka beyond ethnic Yoruba land?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Introducing Buhari Kerosene At N50/litre / Twitter User Takes Shot At Ben Bruce, Calls Him "An Unfortunate Man" / Nine Ministers Who Will Define Buhari’s Presidency (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.