Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,671 members, 7,955,458 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 06:24 AM

The Most Committed Atheists Were Once Chtistians (opinion?) - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Most Committed Atheists Were Once Chtistians (opinion?) (20211 Views)

Top 10 International Christian Footballers Committed To The Faith / Bolanle Ambode Committed Sacrilege And Should Apologise — African Church Bishop / The Atheists Were Right! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Most Committed Atheists Were Once Chtistians (opinion?) by Nobody: 3:36pm On Jul 25, 2015
Weah96:

Just out of curiosity, in which group would you place yourself? At the time of your birth, were your parents Christians, Muslims, or Hindus?

Christians...
Re: The Most Committed Atheists Were Once Chtistians (opinion?) by Weah96: 3:43pm On Jul 25, 2015
Thoniameek:

Christians...

So were you afforded a choice to become a Muslim or Hindu before settling on the correct choice? Or did you follow follow and tried to understand the thing later?

I'm guessing that you, like myself, were dragged to church every Sunday, trusting that your parents knew what the hell they were doing.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Most Committed Atheists Were Once Chtistians (opinion?) by davien(m): 3:54pm On Jul 25, 2015
winner01:

1+1=3 shows a failure in both question and answer..
All Questions have targets, "target answer" is a very unintellingent idea mr davien...Look up my conversation with the mister and point out the answers he gave to my question. Maybe in that, you could improve on your own comprehension.
Pity,in that as much as you can access the web just to maroon around in circles....it was first confusing to you,now an "unintelligent idea"....i weep for the fruits of the nigerian educational system that keeps spewing your kind..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Most Committed Atheists Were Once Chtistians (opinion?) by Nobody: 4:17pm On Jul 25, 2015
Weah96:

So were you afforded a choice to become a Muslim or Hindu before settling on the correct choice? Or did you follow follow and tried to understand the thing later?

I'm guessing that you, like myself, were dragged to church every Sunday, trusting that your parents knew what the hell they were doing.

Correct! I had other choices

Don't think I never doubted for once my religion

I was a one-time-wannabe-atheist, so trying other religion was far fetch for me

I was depressed, couldn't handle depression, I became suicidal. All that time I was asking where was God? But he was right there!

If you stop trying to be God for once and give Him that load you're carrying, just surrender everything to Him... I know they'll be less suicide and arguments

I know how this probably sounds to you guys now.... Awww... Another delusional imp

1 Like

Re: The Most Committed Atheists Were Once Chtistians (opinion?) by davien(m): 4:30pm On Jul 25, 2015
Thoniameek:

okay

okay

okay

I was depressed, couldn't handle depression, I became suicidal. All that time I was asking where was God? But he was right there!
Depressed because of what exactly?...and is that what you think atheism is about,being depressed and suicidal?

If you stop trying to be God for once and give Him that load you're carrying, just surrender everything to Him... I know they'll be less suicide and arguments
Sure...because killing myself and arguing is what i ever think about undecided And how exactly does one try to be god?...

I know how this probably sounds to you guys now.... Awww... Another delusional imp
Probably....especially if you keep misrepresenting atheism all day...from it being a belief(to you),to it being about depression and suicide... undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Most Committed Atheists Were Once Chtistians (opinion?) by Nobody: 4:42pm On Jul 25, 2015
davien:

Probably....especially if you keep misrepresenting atheism all day...from it being a belief(to you),to it being about depression and suicide... undecided

Okay o
*Speechless *
Re: The Most Committed Atheists Were Once Chtistians (opinion?) by davien(m): 4:50pm On Jul 25, 2015
Thoniameek:

Okay o
*Speechless *
wink
Re: The Most Committed Atheists Were Once Chtistians (opinion?) by Weah96: 5:06pm On Jul 25, 2015
Thoniameek:

The burden of evidence you require is lighter than mine. You see, even as a boy growing up, I never heard the Christian God speak. I used to mumble hopeful things to the God in prayer, wondering whether he heard, since he clearly couldn't speak. I never witnessed a supernatural event in any church. I've had MOG lay hands on me, splash things on me, and still not anything. In fact, I've witnessed prominent MOG getting caught at gas stations receiving MouthAction from boys. That made me realize that they, like me, never spoke or heard anything from anyone ever. Every time you heard them say otherwise, they were telling lies.

Now, most people think that it is a violent or sad episode which gives one the courage to drop the myth of God. In my case, I was already a bundle of skepticism, from Sunday School. As a final test, I decided that since my own prayers were never answered, maybe I should pray for others. So I used to pray for pediatric stage 4 cancer patients at the local hospital. If the invisible, mute and deaf, God ignored my prayers again, then I would put 2 and 2 together. So I did. The healing episode didn't show up on the news, and I quit. Just like that. Only fools do the same stuff and expect a different result, they say.

I require the same proof that the apostle Thomas did. Someone told Thomas that Jesus had resurrected and he almost slapped the person. He wanted to see with his eyes and hear with his ears. He didn't want to read the thing in a book, or hear empty words from the mouths of perennial liars. I dont want anyone telling me that a third party spoke with the creator. It doesn't make sense for the creator to speak to one or two people from a certain tribe.

4 Likes

Re: The Most Committed Atheists Were Once Chtistians (opinion?) by winner01(m): 5:20pm On Jul 25, 2015
davien:
Pity,in that as much as you can access the web just to maroon around in circles....it was first confusing to you,now an "unintelligent idea"....i weep for the fruits of the nigerian educational system that keeps spewing your kind..
It is disgraceful that you glory in your ignorance. your likes make me wonder how more you guys can survive in an intelligent populace...To think that you argue to justify your wrong even when it is clear shows the height of mordern illiteracy...
It never seemed to you how much of a tautology "target answer" is. Google could help you out if you are so lazy in reasoning.
You never should have quoted me, our level of reasoning differ greatly. its the type that thump professors.
You should weep and keep at it because the world has gone past your time. have a nice life.
Re: The Most Committed Atheists Were Once Chtistians (opinion?) by davien(m): 5:25pm On Jul 25, 2015
winner01:
It is disgraceful that you glory in your ignorance. your likes make me wonder how more you guys can survive in an intelligent populace...To think that you argue to justify your wrong even when it is clear shows the height of mordern illiteracy...
It never seemed to you how much of a tautology "target answer" is. Google could help you out if you are so lazy in reasoning.
You never should have quoted me, our level of reasoning differ greatly. its the type that thump professors.
You should weep and keep at it because the world has gone past your time. have a nice life.
lol! grin You definitely have a diaper rash...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Most Committed Atheists Were Once Chtistians (opinion?) by johnydon22(m): 5:27pm On Jul 25, 2015
davien:
lol. . . Am amazed!!!

1 Like

Re: The Most Committed Atheists Were Once Chtistians (opinion?) by winner01(m): 5:30pm On Jul 25, 2015
davien:
Congratulations to you on that note. still have a nice life.
Re: The Most Committed Atheists Were Once Chtistians (opinion?) by winner01(m): 5:40pm On Jul 25, 2015
These so called pawn "atheists" on nairaland cant really stand where really committed and intelligent atheists speak.
Most of them are below the zero mark in critical thinking. One could almost match their ages with their level of reasoning.
Kids though undecided
Re: The Most Committed Atheists Were Once Chtistians (opinion?) by menesheh(m): 6:09pm On Jul 25, 2015
winner01:
These so called pawn "atheists" on nairaland cant really stand where really committed and intelligent atheists speak.
Most of them are below the zero mark in critical thinking. One could almost match their ages with their level of reasoning.
Kids though undecided

What's your standpoint here. You are not a theist nor atheist.

What's is your faith, i ask again?

3 Likes

Re: The Most Committed Atheists Were Once Chtistians (opinion?) by Weah96: 6:15pm On Jul 25, 2015
winner01:
Last time i checked, the present generations perspective of morality was not reached by a general concensus, it was imported from the ancient.
It is even more preposterous that you tell me about morals mr menesheh.

Ever heard of the Golden Rule? It predates Jesus and Christianity by at least 2000 years. It predates Confucius. Do unto others... Where did it come from? Did the ancient Egyptians learn it from their God?

3 Likes

Re: The Most Committed Atheists Were Once Chtistians (opinion?) by Jeromejnr(m): 6:19pm On Jul 25, 2015
winner01:
Kids though undecided

I dunno why you're wasting your time with this guys o.

No matter how you try to convince them logically they won't still listen.

I have learnt its only God that can bring people to Him. And if that doesn't happen there's no way any human can reveal God to anyone. One thing they can't understand is that God has this character in Himself that is pleased by faith (Seeing before believing). They will give you all sort of why's.

It s only a few that has had opportunity to see before they believe. But nobody can make God do that, He owns the rules and does as it pleases Him.

I was once like them in some ways. But thank God for who I am now.

2 Likes

Re: The Most Committed Atheists Were Once Chtistians (opinion?) by Amhappy(f): 6:24pm On Jul 25, 2015
Weah96:

What are you saying? The earth is billions of years old. The God of the bible is the Christian God. Allah is the supreme being from the Quran. They are not the same.

Who is your own supreme being? Who speaks to you? Please don't lie.
Earth is a billion years. God created it. So God is ageless. There is only one God.
Re: The Most Committed Atheists Were Once Chtistians (opinion?) by Weah96: 6:26pm On Jul 25, 2015
Amhappy:
Earth is a billion years. God created it. So God is ageless. There is only one God.

There are multiple Gods. You have been hoodwinked. Thank you for your time.

3 Likes

Re: The Most Committed Atheists Were Once Chtistians (opinion?) by Amhappy(f): 6:31pm On Jul 25, 2015
Weah96:

What are you saying? The earth is billions of years old. The God of the bible is the Christian God. Allah is the supreme being from the Quran. They are not the same.

Who is your own supreme being? Who speaks to you? Please don't lie.
Earth is a billion years and God created it. So God is ageless. There is only one God,only one Supreme being,YHWH. He is the same yesterday,today and forever. He is before the beginning of man and religion itself.
Re: The Most Committed Atheists Were Once Chtistians (opinion?) by Amhappy(f): 6:39pm On Jul 25, 2015
winner01:
If its so annoying then what are you even doing here. i mean If you cant take the heat, then get out of the kitchen...
God is God. people only use the term christian God because traditionalists, muslims, taoists also claim to pray to gods...There is God and there are gods. thats the difference.
Noted. I can see u are taking the heat.I think these atheists are the one bringing that description. I just think it is a bid to limit God and is kind of derogatory.
Re: The Most Committed Atheists Were Once Chtistians (opinion?) by winner01(m): 6:48pm On Jul 25, 2015
menesheh:

What's your standpoint here. You are not a theist or atheist.

What's is your faith, i ask again?
You ask good questions mr menesheh, but i remember giving you an answer.

What difference does my faith make in an arguement totally based on logic...
Im simply more critical in thoughts than self acclaimed "free thinking atheists"....
You start from evidence for God, i start from evidence for man...and my premise seems more credible than that of the atheist in originality.

Im a critical thinker mr menesheh.

1 Like

Re: The Most Committed Atheists Were Once Chtistians (opinion?) by winner01(m): 6:53pm On Jul 25, 2015
Amhappy:
Noted. I can see u are taking the heat.I think these atheists are the one bringing that description. I just think it is a bid to limit God and is kind of derogatory.
Im sorry for sounding hostile...These ones are not really atheists jare, they are just anti-theists/God-haters
Re: The Most Committed Atheists Were Once Chtistians (opinion?) by winner01(m): 6:58pm On Jul 25, 2015
Weah96:

Ever heard of the Golden Rule? It predates Jesus and Christianity by at least 2000 years. It predates Confucius. Do unto others... Where did it come from? Did the ancient Egyptians learn it from their God?
Dont present to me primitive evidence if you dont want me to use a Bible....
I guess it came from "stone age men", so your premise is dead on arrival if you intend to use that in the agruement of a smarter population.
Re: The Most Committed Atheists Were Once Chtistians (opinion?) by winner01(m): 7:02pm On Jul 25, 2015
Jeromejnr:

I dunno why you're wasting your time with this guys o.

No matter how you try to convince them logically they won't still listen.

I have learnt its only God that can bring people to Him. And if that doesn't happen there's no way any human can reveal God to anyone. One thing they can't understand is that God has this character in Himself that is pleased by faith (Seeing before believing). They will give you all sort of why's.

It s only a few that has had opportunity to see before they believe. But nobody can make God do that, He owns the rules and does as it pleases Him.

I was once like them in some ways. But thank God for who I am now.
Thank God for your life mr jeromejnr, i hope they get to tell the same story before time runs out on them.
Re: The Most Committed Atheists Were Once Chtistians (opinion?) by Weah96: 7:17pm On Jul 25, 2015
winner01:
Dont present to me primitive evidence if you dont want me to use a Bible....
I guess it came from "stone age men", so your premise is dead on arrival if you intend to use that in the agruement of a smarter population.

The Golden rule predates your bible. Where did it come from since human beings would kill their mothers and rape babies if left to their own devices? You're welcome to use your bible and explain the origin of the Golden rule which predates Jesus by 2000 years.

2 Likes

Re: The Most Committed Atheists Were Once Chtistians (opinion?) by winner01(m): 7:29pm On Jul 25, 2015
Weah96:

The Golden rule predates your bible. Where did it come from since human beings would kill their mothers and rape babies if left to their own devices? You're welcome to use your bible and explain the origin of the Golden rule which predates Jesus by 2000 years.
Im getting tired of your arguements because its like you are trying to lead me in your circles. How could you ask me where the golden rule comes from when i dont even believe in such nonsense...

Does it not even sound to you like some ancient doctrine. Oh How much you have held on to your opinion that it has become a belief.
Congratulations, you are now a "believer".
Re: The Most Committed Atheists Were Once Chtistians (opinion?) by menesheh(m): 7:36pm On Jul 25, 2015
winner01:
You ask good questions mr menesheh, but i remember giving you an answer.

What difference does my faith make in an arguement totally based on logic...
Im simply more critical in thoughts than self acclaimed "free thinking atheists"....
You start from evidence for God, i start from evidence for man...and my premise seems more credible than that of the atheist in originality.

Im a critical thinker mr menesheh.

Which of the god claims do you belong?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Most Committed Atheists Were Once Chtistians (opinion?) by Weah96: 7:37pm On Jul 25, 2015
winner01:
Im getting tired of your arguements because its like you are trying to lead me in your circles. [size=16pt]How could you ask me where the golden rule comes from when i dont even believe in such nonsense...[/size]

Does it not even sound to you like some ancient doctrine. Oh How much you have held on to your opinion that it has become a belief.
Congratulations, you are now a "believer".

Wait, are you not a follower of the biblical Jesus? He also copied the Golden Rule in his sermon on the mountain. Matthew 7:12, Luke 6:31. It can also be found in Lev. Chapter 19 verses 18 and 34.

I'm sorry if you don't believe in it. This Christianity business must be a new thing for you.

3 Likes

Re: The Most Committed Atheists Were Once Chtistians (opinion?) by winner01(m): 8:12pm On Jul 25, 2015
Weah96:

Wait, are you not a follower of the biblical Jesus? He also copied the Golden Rule in his sermon on the mountain. Matthew 7:12, Luke 6:31. It can also be found in Lev. Chapter 19 verses 18 and 34.

I'm sorry if you don't believe in it. This Christianity business must be a new thing for you.
Its fruitless argueing with you...Why have you forcibly bring an "ancient Bible" into a logical arguement. You started off on this thread with logic, why then do you want to forcibly introduce the Holy Bible into this debate.
I guess its because you were expecting me to use that tactic in this debate, but you are dissapointed because i didnt. Now you want to subtly coerce me into using that same tactic.
Sorry to burst your bubbles sir, ill still maintain my ground.

Your ancient golden rule does not appeal to me. Im apprehensive out things outside the Truth even if they sound similar...
Re: The Most Committed Atheists Were Once Chtistians (opinion?) by winner01(m): 8:17pm On Jul 25, 2015
menesheh:

Menesheh : what's the evidence

Which of the god claims do you belong?
The God of the gospel of Truth....
Re: The Most Committed Atheists Were Once Chtistians (opinion?) by Weah96: 8:17pm On Jul 25, 2015
winner01:
Its fruitless argueing with you...Why have you forcibly bring an "ancient Bible" into a logical arguement. You started off on this thread with logic, why then do you want to forcibly introduce the Holy Bible into this debate.
I guess its because you were expecting me to use that tactic in this debate, but you are dissapointed because i didnt. Now you want to subtly coerce me into using that same tactic.
Sorry to burst your bubbles sir, ill still maintain my ground.

Your ancient golden rule does not appeal to me. Im apprehensive out things outside the Truth even if they sound similar...

The ancient Egyptians didn't call their moral guideline Golden Rule. The term was coined by Christians in reference to the Sermon on the Mount.

My question is, since morality had a divine origin, according to you, where did the ancient Egyptians get their "do unto others, as you would have them do unto you" from? They wrote down that code 2000 years before Jesus arrived with his own.

3 Likes

Re: The Most Committed Atheists Were Once Chtistians (opinion?) by menesheh(m): 8:57pm On Jul 25, 2015
winner01:
The God of the gospel of Truth....

You seems not proud with your faith menn. undecided

Now hopefully, you are under the umbrella of yahweh cum jesus mary right?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Who Is Afraid Of Daddy Freeze? By Femi Aribisala / Is It A Sin To Sit With The Congregation While On Menstruation? / Foluke Adeboye Celebrates Her 70th Birthday (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.