Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,600 members, 7,809,184 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:33 AM

The Most Committed Atheists Were Once Chtistians (opinion?) - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Most Committed Atheists Were Once Chtistians (opinion?) (19607 Views)

Top 10 International Christian Footballers Committed To The Faith / Bolanle Ambode Committed Sacrilege And Should Apologise — African Church Bishop / The Atheists Were Right! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Most Committed Atheists Were Once Chtistians (opinion?) by winner01(m): 11:48pm On Aug 01, 2015
Blossom023:

Yasss.. Pray for me that I don't go back to the world, cos for every level there is a new devil...,the things I did in the past are fighting w me.
I will, you need to know that even after being born again, you are still subject to the flesh....the flesh has to be subdued, You need to feed the spirit so it can outgrow the flesh. Also know that in;
1 Corinthians 10:13 - There hath no temptation taken you but
such as is common to man: but God [is] faithful, who will not
suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with
the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be
able to bear [it].

if you keep feeding the flesh you'll find out that you are going back to the things you repented from...........(Galatians 6:8
For the one who sows to his own flesh will from the flesh reap
corruption, but the one who sows to the Spirit will from the
Spirit reap eternal life).. apostle paul talks about the cricifixion of the flesh.

Galatians 5:17
For the flesh sets its desire against the Spirit, and the Spirit
against the flesh; for these are in opposition to one another, so
that you may not do the things that you please.

The Flesh is subject to a law, that is why sin seems natural...it is obeying a natural law, we were naturally born into sin. the bible calls that law the law of sin and death.

But once you have Christ, you can subdue the sinful nature and it has to be willfully. so that your body can adapt to the new law of the spirit of life in Christ Jesus....Please pray and read the book of Romans chapter 6,7,8,9....i belive God will show you something.

Romans 13:14
But put on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make no provision for the
flesh in regard to its lusts.
bless you.

2 Likes

Re: The Most Committed Atheists Were Once Chtistians (opinion?) by Nobody: 8:52am On Aug 02, 2015
winner01:
I will, you need to know that even after being born again, you are still subject to the flesh....the flesh has to be subdued, You need to feed the spirit so it can outgrow the flesh. Also know that in;
1 Corinthians 10:13 - There hath no temptation taken you but
such as is common to man: but God [is] faithful, who will not
suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with
the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be
able to bear [it].

if you keep feeding the flesh you'll find out that you are going back to the things you repented from...........(Galatians 6:8
For the one who sows to his own flesh will from the flesh reap
corruption, but the one who sows to the Spirit will from the
Spirit reap eternal life).. apostle paul talks about the cricifixion of the flesh.

Galatians 5:17
For the flesh sets its desire against the Spirit, and the Spirit
against the flesh; for these are in opposition to one another, so
that you may not do the things that you please.

The Flesh is subject to a law, that is why sin seems natural...it is obeying a natural law, we were naturally born into sin. the bible calls that law the law of sin and death.

But once you have Christ, you can subdue the sinful nature and it has to be willfully. so that your body can adapt to the new law of the spirit of life in Christ Jesus....Please pray and read the book of Romans chapter 6,7,8,9....i belive God will show you something.

Romans 13:14
But put on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make no provision for the
flesh in regard to its lusts.
bless you.

Thank you so much.
Re: The Most Committed Atheists Were Once Chtistians (opinion?) by winner01(m): 3:22pm On Aug 02, 2015
Blossom023:

Thank you so much.
you are welcome, how was church service today?.
Re: The Most Committed Atheists Were Once Chtistians (opinion?) by Nobody: 3:46pm On Aug 02, 2015
winner01:
you are welcome, how was church service today?.

so good hbu
Re: The Most Committed Atheists Were Once Chtistians (opinion?) by winner01(m): 12:32am On Aug 03, 2015
Blossom023:

so good hbu
I bless God.
Re: The Most Committed Atheists Were Once Chtistians (opinion?) by johnw74: 2:38am On Aug 06, 2015
The Most Committed Atheists Were Once Chtistians

Heb 6:4 For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost,
Heb 6:5 And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come,
Heb 6:6 If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.

Because they have a knowledge of the Bible, they have no excuse for their falling away

2Th 2:3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Most Committed Atheists Were Once Chtistians (opinion?) by KingEbukasBlog(m): 6:04pm On Aug 06, 2015
reallest:

We were all born athesis till our parent & social feed us with religion poo

Atheism is the unbelief or denial of the existence of God/gods . As a baby , one lacks such ability or power to accept or reject the existence of God/gods . Think before you type , thanks smiley
Re: The Most Committed Atheists Were Once Chtistians (opinion?) by KingEbukasBlog(m): 6:29pm On Aug 06, 2015
johnydon22:
[b]Lol is that the new line?

Actually nobody is saying God is dead because before you say something no longer is, you must first have to prove it once have been.

Most atheist you meet were once christians because they were born into christian homes and areas saturated by christianity due to geographical location.

You cannot expect someone who have not read the quran to start arguing with that which he has not read, or is that how your life is? You argue over what you have no idea of?

Most atheist you see here on nairaland were once christians or lived in christian areas and are most familiar with the bible and christian thumping ish, so they engage you based on what they know.
Muslims atheist attack more of islam, in fact i think muslims atheist are predominant among atheists on twitter yet as usual you wish to play the victims card.

Many a time they engage the muslims who seem to be quite conservative in engaging atheists unlike christians like you who just open threads to point at atheist then cry victim when it starts.

If muslims start opening threads pointing fingers and threatening people as much as you do here then they would have gotten as much attention from atheist like christianity obviously is getting.

Atheism doesn't mean disbelief in christian God, it means disbelief in ALL of the God concepts man has come up with through out history.

So same way i disbelieve your God yahweh is exactly same way i disbelieve muslim Allah and equally disbelieve Hindu Brahma or Greek Zeus. . . And if you find out the reason why you disbelieve these other religions then you will know exactly why i disbelieve yours.

These other religions tend to keep it to themselves, i have never seen a hindu preach to me or tell me what brahma will do to me if i don't believe it neither in this part of the country have i seen a muslims preach to me in fact the only place i have seen a mosque here is in the barracks. .

I have no problem with your christian God or Belief just like i have no problem with the Muslim God tho i have a problem with their barbaric laws which i am sure i speak and argue against here on nairaland much well.

But robbing your belief on my face like we get everyday both in the street, bus, school virtually everywhere in the name of preaching is practically encroaching in my personal right and space and we have a problem with that.

In nairaland muslims isolate themselves in one section and they pour and swallow their absuridities there once they bring it out in an open ground like here they know quite well they will get exactly what you get...

Once you bring out absurdities and mythical brouhaha in an open public forum like this, you should expect to be challenged and given healthy refutation unless you wish just like a typical theist to shield your belief from skeptic scrutiny... mind you homo sapiens aint robots that are supposed to download what ever you feed into the hardware.

Christians open most threads about atheists then complain when they get equal attention from atheist, is that not blatant hypocrisy and if i must say childish victim mindset.

This thread alone is enough to show you pin point atheist more than other religions care to do so do not complain when they accord you similar favour.

After all God is not dead, that which has not been shown to live cannot be said to be dead..

and he is coming soon, probably in the next 10000years he will still be coming soon... You need a dictionary to know the meaning of SOON.

Last your religion of today, is the myth of the future. . . Take a look behind historical timeline to see that

Lest i forget, if you don't want atheist to stop attacking your christian absurdities...
Why not just pray for us to stop, am sure your christian God is all powerful and can do that. So pray for us to stop....it should be easy for your God and i suggest you start your fasting and prayers immediately.

Until then, you have to deal with atheist bullshiit everyday smiley
[/b]

All I see is misconception , misconception , misconception ... am surprised so many over looked the numerous errors in this

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: The Most Committed Atheists Were Once Chtistians (opinion?) by Great0: 8:38pm On Aug 06, 2015
Blossom023:

Yasss.. Pray for me that I don't go back to the world, cos for every level there is a new devil...,the things I did in the past are fighting w me.
Am also praying for you my dear. Those things are pharaos and his fighting men that want to bring you back to their country/world. YOU MAY STOP READING ALL THESE ATHEISTS COMMENTS HERE. THEY ARE DECEIVING.

2 Likes

Re: The Most Committed Atheists Were Once Chtistians (opinion?) by winner01(m): 11:46pm On Aug 06, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

All I see is misconception , misconception , misconception ... am surprised so many over looked the numerous errors in this
so many like him.

1 Like

Re: The Most Committed Atheists Were Once Chtistians (opinion?) by Nobody: 6:08pm On Aug 07, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

What errors?
Re: The Most Committed Atheists Were Once Chtistians (opinion?) by KingEbukasBlog(m): 7:04pm On Aug 07, 2015
timonski:

What errors?

1.There is nothing to prove or disprove as regards the existence of God (The Supreme , Ultimate being) .

The Christian God , like Ive always said , has always existed - has no beginning and end - clearly written in the bible . Time has no effect on Him. He has failed to understand that and that has been his problem . If he understanfs the folly of infinite regression then He should easily comprehend the existence of a Supreme Being .

2. Allah is actually the Arabic version of God - The Christian Yahweh .

Now Ive always insisted that Religion is man-made - a means of man understanding the true nature of God . Christians believe God is three in one - the Father , son and the Holy Spirit - whereas the Muslims disbelieve in the Trinity , insisting there is one God and Jesus was a great prophet . The Hindus from my understanding follow this same way Christians do - having a "trinity" - but have a different name for the ultimate being .

3. Some regions/people/communities have religions which are actually the worship of heroes or great men or women who helped them in the past in wars . These great people in their tribe were immortalized through some kind of spiritual ritual or something like that and then prayed to for them to keep the people/community/region safe and protected . So in that case there is nothing to disbelieve in . There is proof these great-men-turned-gods were in existence .

4. As he's an atheist , if he has problems with people preaching in buses etc , does he have problems with people who sell wares - like drugs , pain killers - political campaigns etc in those areas the same way ? We all have favorite brands we use , if we see these brands' competitors advertising their products , do we get angry ? Or rant day in day out on Nairaland ?

5. He clearly said :

"You cannot expect someone who have not read the quran to start arguing with that which he has not read, or is that how your life is? You argue over what you have no idea of?"

There are atheists here who were born atheists like hahn , but he argues with Christians . Why should he (hahn) engage in arguments on things he has "no idea of "

6. He also said : "And if you find out the reason why you disbelieve these other religions then you will know exactly why i disbelieve yours."

Over 90% of Religions believe in the existence of a Supreme Being - highest in rank of all gods - so its actually the wrong practice of Religion that is being argued for and not the "disbelief " .

7. A contradiction here :

"I have no problem with your christian God or Belief just like i have no problem with the Muslim God ... "

and this :

"Once you bring out absurdities and mythical brouhaha in an open public forum like this ... "

If you have no problem in "them" why are they being described as " absurdities and mythical brouhaha"

and again :

" you have to deal with atheist bullshiit everyday"

What bullshit are we dealing with I thought he had no problem with any of the gods

8. He said : "and he is coming soon, probably in the next 10000years he will still be coming soon... You need a dictionary to know the meaning of SOON."

But the bible he claims to know said this :

Matthew 24:36 :

36 “But about that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son,[a] but only the Father.

Its obvious that "soon" was said to the church to give them the sense of preparedness or urgency .

and 2 Peter 3:3-4

3 Above all, you must understand that in the last days scoffers will come, scoffing and following their own evil desires.

4 They will say, “Where is this ‘coming’ he promised? Ever since our ancestors died, everything goes on as it has since the beginning of creation.”

If he knows the bible , what was the whining for ? Didn't he read the above quote ?

Lastly , he took a swipe at the Christian God which he clearly said he had no problem with but snubbed other "gods" he has been whining about . He said :

"Why not just pray for us to stop, am sure your christian God is all powerful and can do that. So pray for us to stop....it should be easy for your God and i suggest you start your fasting and prayers immediately."

cc : winner01 , sportsmaster , gatiano

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Most Committed Atheists Were Once Chtistians (opinion?) by Nobody: 7:37pm On Aug 07, 2015
KingEbukaBlog:
:* wow! You practically ripped him a new one.

1 Like

Re: The Most Committed Atheists Were Once Chtistians (opinion?) by winner01(m): 8:03am On Aug 09, 2015
timonski:

:* wow! You practically ripped him a new one.
i tell you bro, this must have hit them hard...

1 Like

Re: The Most Committed Atheists Were Once Chtistians (opinion?) by reallest(f): 7:07am On Aug 12, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

Atheism is the unbelief or denial of the existence of God/gods . As a baby , one lacks such ability or power to accept or reject the existence of God/gods . Think before you type , thanks smiley

since none us came to this world as theist we were all born as atheist,no one need to teach u to become atheist.can we say same about theist
Re: The Most Committed Atheists Were Once Chtistians (opinion?) by winner01(m): 2:29pm On Aug 14, 2015
We were born in to sin, but hallelujah...Jesus Christ hath redeemed us.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Most Committed Atheists Were Once Chtistians (opinion?) by KingEbukasBlog(m): 6:18pm On Aug 14, 2015
reallest:

since none us came to this world as theist we were all born as atheist,no one need to teach u to become atheist.can we say same about theist

Logically , a baby is neither a theist , atheist nor is agnostic ! The baby is just "there" .
Re: The Most Committed Atheists Were Once Chtistians (opinion?) by KingEbukasBlog(m): 6:24pm On Aug 14, 2015
Weah96 .. I see you ... so you decided to run away from our argument ... eh ? cool
Re: The Most Committed Atheists Were Once Chtistians (opinion?) by Weah96: 6:30pm On Aug 14, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:
Weah96 .. I see you ... so you decided to run away from our argument ... eh ? cool

Lol. U dey sharp well well.

I forgot the subject of the argument, that's all. I know it has something to do with God business though.
Re: The Most Committed Atheists Were Once Chtistians (opinion?) by KingEbukasBlog(m): 6:38pm On Aug 14, 2015
Weah96:

Lol. U dey sharp well well.

I forgot the subject of the argument, that's all. I know it has something to do with God business though.

Lol ... no p sha ...
Re: The Most Committed Atheists Were Once Chtistians (opinion?) by Weah96: 6:48pm On Aug 14, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

Now Ive always insisted that Religion is man-made - a means of man understanding the true nature of God . Christians believe God is three in one - the Father , son and the Holy Spirit - whereas the Muslims disbelieve in the Trinity , insisting there is one God and Jesus was a great prophet . The Hindus from my understanding follow this same way Christians do - having a "trinity" - but have a different name for the ultimate being .

3. Some regions/people/communities have religions which are actually the worship of heroes or great men or women who helped them in the past in wars . These great people in their tribe were immortalized through some kind of spiritual ritual or something like that and then prayed to for them to keep the people/community/region safe and protected . So in that case there is nothing to disbelieve in . There is proof these great-men-turned-gods were in existence .

4. As he's an atheist , if he has problems with people preaching in buses etc , does he have problems with people who sell wares - like drugs , pain killers - political campaigns etc in those areas the same way ? We all have favorite brands we use , if we see these brands' competitors advertising their products , do we get angry ? Or rant day in day out on Nairaland ?

5. He clearly said :

There are atheists here who were born atheists like hahn , but he argues with Christians . Why should he (hahn) engage in arguments on things he has "no idea of "

6. He also said : "And if you find out the reason why you disbelieve these other religions then you will know exactly why i disbelieve yours."

Over 90% of Religions believe in the existence of a Supreme Being - highest in rank of all gods - so its actually the wrong practice of Religion that is being argued for and not the "disbelief " .

7. A contradiction here :

"I have no problem with your christian God or Belief just like i have no problem with the Muslim God ... "

and this :

"Once you bring out absurdities and mythical brouhaha in an open public forum like this ... "

If you have no problem in "them" why are they being described as " absurdities and mythical brouhaha"

and again :

" you have to deal with atheist bullshiit everyday"

What bullshit are we dealing with I thought he had no problem with any of the gods

8. He said : "and he is coming soon, probably in the next 10000years he will still be coming soon... You need a dictionary to know the meaning of SOON."

But the bible he claims to know said this :

Matthew 24:36 :

Its obvious that "soon" was said to the church to give them the sense of preparedness or urgency .

and 2 Peter 3:3-4

If he knows the bible , what was the whining for ? Didn't he read the above quote ?

Lastly , he took a swipe at the Christian God which he clearly said he had no problem with but snubbed other "gods" he has been whining about . He said :

"Why not just pray for us to stop, am sure your christian God is all powerful and can do that. So pray for us to stop....it should be easy for your God and i suggest you start your fasting and prayers immediately."

1. Christians claim to worship Jesus, even though the bible dismisses them all as liars. Are you saying that Jesus and Allah are one and the same?

2. The fact that religions believe in a supreme being is irrelevant. What's more important is that YOU don't believe in those other supreme beings, which brings us back to the idea of DISBELIEF. You are a Krishna atheist, for example. You don't believe that Krishna is Lord. Have you ever experienced the fellowship of Lord Krishna? If not, then on what grounds do you dismiss his Lordship?
Re: The Most Committed Atheists Were Once Chtistians (opinion?) by KingEbukasBlog(m): 6:59pm On Aug 14, 2015
Weah96:

1. Christians claim to worship Jesus, even though the bible dismisses them all as liars.

Are you saying that Jesus and Allah are one and the same?

I dont get . Elucidate ... but before you do so . Read in between the lines :

2. The fact that religions believe in a supreme being is irrelevant. What's more important is that YOU don't believe in those other supreme beings, which brings us back to the idea of DISBELIEF. You are a Krishna atheist, for example. You don't believe that Krishna is Lord. Have you ever experienced the fellowship of Lord Krishna? If not, then on what grounds do you dismiss his Lordship?[/quote]

Again ... read in between the lines ...more deeply

- so its actually the wrong practice of Religion that is being argued for and not the "disbelief " .

focus on the word : "actually "
Re: The Most Committed Atheists Were Once Chtistians (opinion?) by Weah96: 8:20pm On Aug 14, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

I dont get . Elucidate ... but before you do so . Read in between the lines :

-so its actually the wrong practice of Religion[/b] that is being argued for and not the "disbelief " .

focus on the word : "actually "

According to the gospel of Mark Chapter 16:

15 He said to them, “Go into all the world and preach the gospel to all creation. 16 Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned. 17 And these signs will accompany those who believe: In my name they will drive out demons; they will speak in new tongues; 18 they will pick up snakes with their hands; and when they drink deadly poison, it will not hurt them at all; they will place their hands on sick people, and they will get well.”

Preaching without the signs is like collecting taxes for the government without first proving one's identity.

The prevailing argument has nothing to do with the wrong or right practice of religion. The fact that Hindus feel and experience Krishna as the creator of the universe, while you feel and experience Jesus is a simple syllogism with a definite solution. Either Jesus is Krishna, one person is lying, or you're both telling lies.

In your case, these signs do not follow you, even though you claim to believe in the Jesus who made those conditions mandatory. I was once in your shoes, summarily dismissing all other religions as false experiences, without checking my own.
Re: The Most Committed Atheists Were Once Chtistians (opinion?) by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:20pm On Aug 14, 2015
Weah96:

According to the gospel of Mark Chapter 16:

15 He said to them, “Go into all the world and preach the gospel to all creation. 16 Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned. 17 And these signs will accompany those who believe: In my name they will drive out demons; they will speak in new tongues; 18 they will pick up snakes with their hands; and when they drink deadly poison, it will not hurt them at all; they will place their hands on sick people, and they will get well.”

Preaching without the signs is like collecting taxes for the government without first proving one's identity.

In your case, these signs do not follow you, even though you claim to believe in the Jesus who made those conditions mandatory.

LOL ... You , Weah 96 , prayed and didnt receive answers, therefore God does not exist . Logic toh bad !

The prevailing argument has nothing to do with the wrong or right practice of religion. The fact that Hindus feel and experience Krishna as the creator of the universe, while you feel and experience Jesus is a simple syllogism with a definite solution. Either Jesus is Krishna, one person is lying, or you're both telling lies.

This is too easy . People have different names for a supreme being / creator and try to communicate or relate with this supreme being through different methods . In mathematics , there is one answer to a problem . You could use different methods to get the same answer to the same problem . The nature of the methods may be different but it does not in any way change the answer .

I was once in your shoes, summarily dismissing all other religions as false experiences, without checking my own

@ bold - No ... we have different perceptions - you disbelieved them but I condemn their practice . Remember , I told you to focus on the word "actually" - someone didn't do his homework angry grin grin . But seriously , Weah96 , sadly you are being used in fulfillment of the last days prophecies .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Most Committed Atheists Were Once Chtistians (opinion?) by Nobody: 10:57pm On Aug 14, 2015
The most committed vegetarians were once hungry.
Re: The Most Committed Atheists Were Once Chtistians (opinion?) by Weah96: 11:17pm On Aug 14, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

LOL ... You , Weah 96 , prayed and didnt receive answers, therefore God does not exist . Logic toh bad !

This is too easy . People have different names for a supreme being / creator and try to communicate or relate with this supreme being through different methods . In mathematics , there is one answer to a problem . You could use different methods to get the same answer to the same problem . The nature of the methods may be different but it does not in any way change the answer .

You didn't address the biblical text AT ALL, instead you tried to make the whole bible about me.

There are only two scenarios.

Jesus exists and ALL Christians are stone cold liars who don't believe in him
OR

Jesus doesn't exist.

I haven't seen or met any Christian who thinks that Allah and Jesus are the same person, or that Krishna and Yahweh are the same.
The God must be bipolar and foolish considering the amount of violence that has ensued from religious differences. He told Muslims to behead Christians while telling Christians that the bible is the ONLY word.

You must have a terrible case of cognitive dissonance.
Re: The Most Committed Atheists Were Once Chtistians (opinion?) by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:08am On Aug 15, 2015
Weah96:

There are only two scenarios.

Jesus exists and ALL Christians are stone cold liars who don't believe in him
OR

Jesus doesn't exist.

I haven't seen or met any Christian who thinks that Allah and Jesus are the same person, or that Krishna and Yahweh are the same.
The God must be bipolar and foolish considering the amount of violence that has ensued from religious differences. He told Muslims to behead Christians while telling Christians that the bible is the ONLY word.

You must have a terrible case of cognitive dissonance.

For someone who simply does not understand that its the wrong practice of religion that causes misunderstandings , misconceptions which results to violence etc , you are in no place to give such awful description about me . I even explained using easy stuff in mathematics , you still didnt understand - its your problem not mine grin

You once called God a sky deity , so its easy to understand that you have zero knowledge of Him - very embarrassing for someone who claims he was once a christian

I pray and great things happen , people pray and great things happen , if you prayed and nothing happened , i'd advice you to sort yourself out first kiss kiss cool - that's what a smart person should have done wink

You didn't address the biblical text AT ALL, instead you tried to make the whole bible about me.

It's obvious you weren't smart enough to deduce from my response that the biblical text was addressed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Most Committed Atheists Were Once Chtistians (opinion?) by Weah96: 12:11pm On Aug 15, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

For someone who simply does not understand that its the wrong practice of religion that causes misunderstandings , misconceptions which results to violence etc , you are in no place to give such awful description about me . I even explained using easy stuff in mathematics , you still didnt understand - its your problem not mine grin

You once called God a sky deity , so its easy to understand that you have zero knowledge of Him - very embarrassing for someone who claims he was once a christian

I pray and great things happen , people pray and great things happen , if you prayed and nothing happened , i'd advice you to sort yourself out first kiss kiss cool - that's what a smart person should have done wink

It's obvious you weren't smart enough to deduce from my response that the biblical text was addressed

Can you pick up a poisonous viper like Acts 28:3 or 4? It's the benchmark of belief according to the biblical Jesus.
Re: The Most Committed Atheists Were Once Chtistians (opinion?) by KingEbukasBlog(m): 12:31pm On Aug 15, 2015
Weah96:

Can you pick up a poisonous viper like Acts 28:3 or 4? It's the benchmark of belief according to the biblical Jesus.

Hosea 4:6a

6 My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee

Acts 28:3-6

3 Paul gathered a pile of brushwood and, as he put it on the fire, a viper, driven out by the heat, fastened itself on his hand. 4 When the islanders saw the snake hanging from his hand, they said to each other, “This man must be a murderer; for though he escaped from the sea, the goddess Justice has not allowed him to live.” 5 But Paul shook the snake off into the fire and suffered no ill effects. 6 The people expected him to swell up or suddenly fall dead; but after waiting a long time and seeing nothing unusual happen to him, they changed their minds and said he was a god.

Weah96 , the viper attacked Paul and not Paul attacking the viper .

Luke 10 :19

Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions and over all the power of the enemy, and nothing shall by any means hurt you.

1."... But Paul shook the snake off into the fire ... " --->" Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions."

2."... as he put it on the fire, a viper, driven out by the heat, fastened itself on his hand... " ----> "...and nothing shall by any means ..."

3."...But Paul shook the snake off into the fire and suffered no ill effects. The people expected him to swell up or suddenly fall dead; but after waiting a long time and seeing nothing unusual happen to him ... " ----> " ...and nothing shall by any means hurt you..."

1 Like

Re: The Most Committed Atheists Were Once Chtistians (opinion?) by KingEbukasBlog(m): 12:34pm On Aug 15, 2015
Weah96 ! You dont stand any chance against me ... Flee !
Re: The Most Committed Atheists Were Once Chtistians (opinion?) by Weah96: 1:25pm On Aug 15, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:
Weah96 ! You dont stand any chance against me ... Flee !

I asked you a question and you flooded the boards with random bible verses?

Can you pick up a serpent, a venomous serpent, without suffering ill effects? Paul was attacked by the angry viper and survived the poison, demonstrating the power common to ANYONE who believed in the divinity of Jesus. That the snake attack was unplanned is irrelevant. Poison is poison, venom is venom.

Can you demonstrate your belief in Jesus according to Mark 16:15-17? I know you're capable of posting random bible verses, but save that for Sunday school.
Re: The Most Committed Atheists Were Once Chtistians (opinion?) by KingEbukasBlog(m): 1:37pm On Aug 15, 2015
Weah96:

Can you pick up a serpent, a venomous serpent, without suffering ill effects?

Paul was attacked by the angry viper and survived the poison , demonstrating the power common to ANYONE who believed in the divinity of Jesus. That the snake attack was unplanned is irrelevant. Poison is poison, venom is venom.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

The Secret Of Fruitfulness. Sermon And Prayer Points By Pastor E A Adeboye. RCCG / Why Don't Pastors Preach About PAUPER'S TITHE As Prescribed By Scriptures? / I Have Been Born Again For Over 100 Times... Pls Help A Brother

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 116
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.