Stats: 3,153,624 members, 7,820,211 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:29 AM

Nigerian First Lady Mrs Stella Obasanjo Is Dead - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian First Lady Mrs Stella Obasanjo Is Dead (22717 Views)

First Lady Mrs Buhari Stuns With Her Daughters In New Photo / Henry Abebe, Brother Of Late Former First Lady Stella Obasanjo Is Dead!!! / When Stella Obasanjo Was Cutting The Independence Anniversary Cake (2) (3) (4)

Re: Nigerian First Lady Mrs Stella Obasanjo Is Dead by solomon(m): 12:29pm On Oct 24, 2005
Omo i fear o,plane crash + first lady=tragedy/sunday sadness......my condolence to baba iyabo,and also to the family that lost there loved one's on bellview airline.
Re: Nigerian First Lady Mrs Stella Obasanjo Is Dead by Seun(m): 12:34pm On Oct 24, 2005
I know that some people will like to say that God was punishing Nigeria because of 11 year old Samuel.

Anyway, for those of you who want to know what went wrong during the operation, I have a more reliable source that says that she just didn't wake up at the end of the operation when the anaesthetic was supposed to wear off. "She didn't wake up" is the exact phrase that was used (coming from a doctor's mouth).

So it has nothing to do with bleaching of her skin at all, ok? They gave her drugs to mak her sleep for the operation, and after the operation they couldn't wake her up. That's all.
Re: Nigerian First Lady Mrs Stella Obasanjo Is Dead by Odeku(m): 12:55pm On Oct 24, 2005
We lost a life of prestigious person, regardless of how she died. the story is sad, some people saying she is old enough, How stupid. I lost my grandfather 15 years ago. the man was 95 when he died, and all I could and still remember is how he used to take us to the barber shop, how he used to share fruit with us. Regardless of how old you are death is nothing to rejoice about. MAY HER SOUL REST IN PEACE. This is a lost to a Nation not only to her family. If she was your mother will you feel the same way?
Re: Nigerian First Lady Mrs Stella Obasanjo Is Dead by kelvin(m): 1:59pm On Oct 24, 2005
She lived a good live and most importantly, her good works will be missed. I only pray that most of the programmes she started would not be quickly left to waste...
May her soul rest in peace...
Re: Nigerian First Lady Mrs Stella Obasanjo Is Dead by drbigdaddyg(m): 3:08pm On Oct 24, 2005
Everybody is mourning her death. She lived a life worlth of emulation.
Re: Nigerian First Lady Mrs Stella Obasanjo Is Dead by Greatpeter(m): 4:25pm On Oct 24, 2005
Are you sure?
Re: Nigerian First Lady Mrs Stella Obasanjo Is Dead by Odeku(m): 6:45pm On Oct 24, 2005
MR Goodguy that is just ignorant, i have never meet the woman nor ever benefit from her wealth, but damn you can still empathize with the lost, for Christ sake she is a 1st lady, and for your info, people are always measured after death
Re: Nigerian First Lady Mrs Stella Obasanjo Is Dead by browneyes(f): 6:58pm On Oct 24, 2005
i wonder why she was taken to spain.................. i hrd it was for stomach reduction... wetin old woman like that won take flat stomach do? anyway its a pitty shes gone may her soul rest in peace.......
Re: Nigerian First Lady Mrs Stella Obasanjo Is Dead by IAH(f): 7:00pm On Oct 24, 2005
She died while trying to reduce fat from her body? Na wa o. But she wasn't so fat before. What a pity! She died of want for beauty...awwwww
Re: Nigerian First Lady Mrs Stella Obasanjo Is Dead by Scorpio(f): 7:09pm On Oct 24, 2005
What beauty will do has not even started yet, iono y some women just aren't content with what they'got, now see the result.
Re: Nigerian First Lady Mrs Stella Obasanjo Is Dead by oluwizard(m): 7:12pm On Oct 24, 2005
RIP BABA IYABO sorry o AGBA MA GBANI
Re: Nigerian First Lady Mrs Stella Obasanjo Is Dead by goodguy(m): 7:31pm On Oct 24, 2005
Odeku:

MR Goodguy that is just ignorant, i have never meet the woman nor ever benefit from her wealth
I ain't talking about benefiting from her wealth. I mean, she never made any visible impact on my life so why should I be bothered about her death?

Odeku:

but damn you can still empathize with the lost
I don't think u read my post well. I said, "I really feel for her and her family. But then, what can one do?"

Odeku:

for Christ sake she is a 1st lady
So?? But she died like any other human.

Odeku:

and for your info, people are always measured after death
You're right on that one. wink
Re: Nigerian First Lady Mrs Stella Obasanjo Is Dead by Odeku(m): 7:58pm On Oct 24, 2005
STOP THE Rumors please, No one know for a fact what kill that lady. the autopsy has not been release, don't follow the press, they will make and they will kill you, paparazzi will say any thing to get paid or look good.
Re: Nigerian First Lady Mrs Stella Obasanjo Is Dead by tamia(f): 9:07pm On Oct 24, 2005
O Lord this is so sad!!!!!!!! this just comes to proof how life on earth is worthless!! it shows dat we can leave this earth anytime
its betta we prepare for none knows the day nor the time when the Lord shall come to take His pple away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MAY HER SOUL REST IN PERFECT PEACE. AMEN.
Re: Nigerian First Lady Mrs Stella Obasanjo Is Dead by tamia(f): 9:10pm On Oct 24, 2005
goodguy:

I ain't talking about benefiting from her wealth. I mean, she never made any visible impact on my life so why should I be bothered about her death?
I don't think u read my post well. I said, "I really feel for her and her family. But then, what can one do?"
So?? But she died like any other human.
You're right on that one. wink
this is so ignorant i think no matter how bad a person is or even if the person made no impact on your life i think the dead require some respect or a lil' bit of pity! what planet do u live on Mr goodguy? i think no matta the case u could at least say may her soul rest in peace! it won't cost u a dime! put yourself in her place n someone said somethin' like that 2 your soul!
Re: Nigerian First Lady Mrs Stella Obasanjo Is Dead by Odeku(m): 9:16pm On Oct 24, 2005
thank you Tamia. we on the same page where are u from the state. this is a lost to a nation
Re: Nigerian First Lady Mrs Stella Obasanjo Is Dead by Seun(m): 9:19pm On Oct 24, 2005
According to a Thisday Newspaper Report, the information in my last post is wrong:  '[i]As a result of complications resulting from the surgery the First Lady had a “massive asthma attack and fell into a coma" from which she did not recover.[/b]'  I guess I misinterpreted the statement "she did not wake up" from my source.

I don't really know what to say about this except that I am shocked.  "Shocked" is the only word that comes to my mind.  Shocked, shocked, shocked.  I would never expect such a thing to happen.  But I know that the Mr. President is going to recover from this.  

Does anyone know the name of her child?
Re: Nigerian First Lady Mrs Stella Obasanjo Is Dead by layi(m): 9:55pm On Oct 24, 2005
I heard she had a child for another man. Dont know much about that though.

The death is surprising. Isnt that supposed to be one of the bests specilists hospitals in the world. Operating on a country's first lady. That kind of surgery is too trivial because cause complications. A lot have been done succesfully.
It could be natural but i still can't rule out foul-play from some OBJ-haters.
Afterall they took abacha too, who's stella / OBJ?
Re: Nigerian First Lady Mrs Stella Obasanjo Is Dead by goodguy(m): 10:08pm On Oct 24, 2005
tamia and odeku, sorry no beefs here, but are u both drunk (pardon my language please undecided).

Especially u tamia, what did u drink/eat before posting that you couldn't see all what I've typed previously?

tamia:

this is so ignorant i think no matter how bad a person is or even if the person made no impact on your life i think the dead require some respect or a lil' bit of pity! i think no matta the case u could at least say may her soul rest in peace!
On the first page of this topic, I said, "This is indeed a black day for Nigeria... May her gentle soul rest in perfect peace."

tamia:

what planet do u live on Mr goodguy?
I live on the same planet on which Nairaland was established.

tamia:

it won't cost u a dime! put yourself in her place n someone said somethin' like that 2 your soul!
You even quoted me where I said, "I really feel for her and her family", yet you still posted like your eyes were closed while typing. The fact that I aint bothered about her death doesn't mean I don't care.

Please go check your dictionary for the meaning of "bothered". undecided

Odeku:

STOP THE Rumors please, No one know for a fact what kill that lady. the autopsy has not been release, don't follow the press, they will make and they will kill you, paparazzi will say any thing to get paid or look good.
who are u referring to please?? rolleyes
Re: Nigerian First Lady Mrs Stella Obasanjo Is Dead by blesszed(m): 10:59pm On Oct 24, 2005
The death of First Lady is a great lost to this country. This woman must had been a nice woman from the remarks that has been coming out of people that were close to her.
May her gentle soul rest in the bossom of our Lord God. Amen
Re: Nigerian First Lady Mrs Stella Obasanjo Is Dead by Odeku(m): 11:24pm On Oct 24, 2005
tamia:

this is so ignorant i think no matter how bad a person is or even if the person made no impact on your life i think the dead require some respect or a lil' bit of pity! what planet do u live on Mr goodguy? i think no matta the case u could at least say may her soul rest in peace! it won't cost u a dime! put yourself in her place n someone said somethin' like that 2 your soul!

MR GOODGUY or what ever you call yourself, you are one ignorant dude, go an read your script one more time and see how you complicate and implicate yourself. a word is enough for the wise. regardless of you or not, I know for a fact that woman made and impact in so many gracious Nigerian life unlike you. just because she didn't give you money don't mean she hasn't affect you one way or the other, or someone close to you.
Re: Nigerian First Lady Mrs Stella Obasanjo Is Dead by goodguy(m): 11:40pm On Oct 24, 2005
Jeeeeeeeeeeezzzzzzzz!!! shocked shocked

I ain't poor. We live very very comfortably in my family. I don't need her money or anything. What does "having an impact on my life" have to do with me wanting her money? My God!!! your post is irrtating me real bad!!! You sound like a kid, honestly!!!

I know for sure that she impacted so many lives. But why should I be claiming what is not when I never even knew about her activities when she was alive. All i know is that she used to attend board meetings and she established an organization and she used to travel abroad. So tell me, how does that have an impact on my life??!!

Please tell me how I've complicated and implicated myself!!! And tell me what makes me an "ignorant dude".

Man, don't force venom out of my mouth or else, u aint going to like yourself (case closed). I think the rest of this matter should be settled in pm.
Re: Nigerian First Lady Mrs Stella Obasanjo Is Dead by lilcox(f): 12:02am On Oct 25, 2005
May her soul rest in peace cry cry. THISDAY gathered that the First Lady died of complications arising from cosmetic surgery to reduce fat from her body. If she knew it was going to lead to death, she wouldn't have...
let no one speak evil about the dead body cos that is the only thing that is gone. my condolence to olusegun obasanjo.

http://www.nigeriannews.com/
Re: Nigerian First Lady Mrs Stella Obasanjo Is Dead by goodguy(m): 12:05am On Oct 25, 2005
Honestly, I really realy feel for her. But as I've been saying, what can one do?

Live's gotta go on....
Re: Nigerian First Lady Mrs Stella Obasanjo Is Dead by lilcox(f): 12:12am On Oct 25, 2005
good or bad God is there to judge. though every1 will go someday... even if ur enemy dies 2day, it shouldnt b ur joy. i repeat dont speak evil about the dead.
May she rest in peace.
Re: Nigerian First Lady Mrs Stella Obasanjo Is Dead by layi(m): 12:15am On Oct 25, 2005
I really don't like people insulting others. There are better ways to deal wit such. Harsh words wont make the forum better.
I've been a victim several times and its not gettin funny.

Please sanitize the threads.
Re: Nigerian First Lady Mrs Stella Obasanjo Is Dead by goodguy(m): 12:41am On Oct 25, 2005
lilcox:

good or bad God is there to judge. though everyone will go someday... even if your enemy dies 2day, it shouldnt b your joy. i repeat don't speak evil about the dead.
May she rest in peace.

I don't think anyone in here is rejoicing about Stella's death, neither do I think anyone has spoken evil about her. cool
Re: Nigerian First Lady Mrs Stella Obasanjo Is Dead by queen2(f): 12:47am On Oct 25, 2005
Seun:

According to a Thisday Newspaper Report, the information in my last post is wrong:  '[i]As a result of complications resulting from the surgery the First Lady had a “massive asthma attack and fell into a coma" from which she did not recover.[/b]'  I guess I misinterpreted the statement "she did not wake up" from my source.

I don't really know what to say about this except that I am shocked.  "Shocked" is the only word that comes to my mind.  Shocked, shocked, shocked.  I would never expect such a thing to happen.  But I know that the Mr. President is going to recover from this. 

Does anyone know the name of her child?

There are lots of sources, there is another source that says she went to a cosmetic hospital....

Mrs. Obasanjo, the first of seven children and the 12th First Lady of Nigeria, died on October 23, 2005, just three weeks before her 60th birthday in a Spanish Cosmetic hospital where she had gone for liposuction, a medical procedure to remove fat from under the skin.

http://nigeriaworld.com/feature/publication/david-west/102405.html
Re: Nigerian First Lady Mrs Stella Obasanjo Is Dead by queen2(f): 12:55am On Oct 25, 2005
The news that the First Lady died of complications from cosmetic surgery (and not a life threatening one) to remove fat and enhance her looks, makes her death even more tragic and in fact, a complete waste. When she left Abuja for Spain, she was hale and hearty, a woman full of life, now, she would return as a corpse because of a desire to overcome nature....

Hospital where she died

Re: Nigerian First Lady Mrs Stella Obasanjo Is Dead by kikky05(f): 1:22am On Oct 25, 2005
MAN AM SO SAD ABOUT WHAT HAPPEN TO HER GOD SAVE US SHA [b][/b][i][/i][color=#000099][/color]

Re: Nigerian First Lady Mrs Stella Obasanjo Is Dead by goodguy(m): 3:20am On Oct 25, 2005
na Aaliyah die?? rolleyes grin
Re: Nigerian First Lady Mrs Stella Obasanjo Is Dead by mycutiepie(f): 4:48am On Oct 25, 2005
cool lipsrsealed

Tinubu Continues Consultations, Meets Atiku Bagudu / Evil Cabal’ Dictating To Acting President – Fani-kayode Explodes / LASG Commences Clean Up Of Badagry Express Road - Photos

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49