Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,516 members, 7,819,860 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:56 AM

"Change" Does Not Come By Magic- Tinubu Says - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "Change" Does Not Come By Magic- Tinubu Says (24090 Views)

Fayemi Denies Attacking Bola Tinubu, Says He Can Never Speak Ill Of Tinubu. / The World-Class Roads In Owerri: ‘Change’ Has Indeed Come - By Elias Ozikpu / “Change” Does Not Come By Magic – Tinubu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Change" Does Not Come By Magic- Tinubu Says by change49ja: 4:28pm On Jul 28, 2015
Sweetlemon:
Slow but steady wins the race. Slowly slowly, small small, little by little, we are getting there. Businesses are picking up these days because power has greatly improved. I used to think it was because of the rainy season before but now I realize that the rains haven't even been much unlike previous years.

My prayer is for Buhari to remain resolute and focused and not get intimidated by the cries of wailers and their insults. Let him appoint his ministers when he deems fit and appoint who he likes even if people call him the worst names. What matters to most to sensible people is performance of his team and not their regions/state of origin.

We will get there.

Sai Baba!
Sai Tinubu!
Sai Nigeria!

So on point
Re: "Change" Does Not Come By Magic- Tinubu Says by change49ja: 4:30pm On Jul 28, 2015
scanp:
Buhari keep d change to ur self..... I regret voting 4..... angry

...GEJ
Re: "Change" Does Not Come By Magic- Tinubu Says by ritmove(m): 4:32pm On Jul 28, 2015
BeeBeeOoh:
By Levinus Nwabughiogu

ABUJA–National leader of the ruling All Progressives Congress, APC, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu has said that President Mohammadu Buhari and the party have at least 100 days of honeymoon before embarking on the implementation of “change” programme.

Tinubu who defended his assertion said it was a norm the world over for new leaders to settle in the office before unfolding their agenda for their country.

The APC leader who is also a former Governor of Lagos State was in the Presidential Villa, Abuja on Tuesday for a private meeting with President Buhari.

He added that change does not come by magic, stressing that it is driven by people and proper planning.

“Excuse me! Let us calm now here. How long ago? May 29th was when this president was sworn in. It is an international norm all over the world, there is an honeymoon period, at least minimum of 100 days honeymoon. And you won’t allow honeymoon at all? You said change is not coming. Change is not by magic. It driven by the people, the spirit and the character and the planning.

“You see, we have had so much problem in this country in the past because we run into policy blind folded without adequate and effective planning you don’t have results unless you plan well.

“The time it takes you to plan, examine, rejig, re-evaluate is more important than the time you just rush into taking action because you are either being sentimental, being emotional and being driven by other forces that are not expected. It is not fair to jump into those conclusions.

“There must be time to plan, to review and even listen to people. There is a separation between a campaign period, articulating your vision, expressing the promises to Nigerians. There is a time to look at holistically at what you inherited, analysis it, distil and then take action.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/07/buhari-apc-ve-100-days-of-honeymoon-before-executing-change-programme-tinubu/

Cc: lalasticlala, Ishilove

I once worked on a Project in SA with a Company engaged from the UK to help with the design and integration of a new Management system. Based on Project Plan, the requirement gathering takes about 6months, Report and solution evaluation and selection another 1month, and then the actual deployment and integration was planned for 6months.. A total of about 13months. The SA company was not happy with the plan they wanted it squeezed and wanted to know why Requirement gathering and BA activity will take 6months... They inform us other Sister opco is already moving to solution selection phase in less than 2weeks.. Somehow my company was able to calm them down and get them to buy into the plan.

After 12months they have a working system, They were please with, don't ask me about the Sister opco.,.. 'cos My company got the business to turn around the sister opco system later. The sister opco got half way to find that the implementation could not support the requirement and CR was piling up, so much that the project had to be stopped and they went back to the drawing board after wasting 7months (financial and Labour) running round in a circle.

The moral here is that in Nigeria, we are so much in a hurry to be seen doing something, without the actual exit criteria defined.. what is the target and how to define when you meet the target is not define... We just want to be seen doing something.. I hope this new govt is able to hold their ground to really define what happiness to a typical Nigeria is and deliver on this.

3 Likes

Re: "Change" Does Not Come By Magic- Tinubu Says by Nobody: 4:36pm On Jul 28, 2015
BeeBeeOoh:
By Levinus Nwabughiogu

ABUJA–National leader of the ruling All Progressives Congress, APC, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu has said that President Mohammadu Buhari and the party have at least 100 days of honeymoon before embarking on the implementation of “change” programme.

Tinubu who defended his assertion said it was a norm the world over for new leaders to settle in the office before unfolding their agenda for their country.

The APC leader who is also a former Governor of Lagos State was in the Presidential Villa, Abuja on Tuesday for a private meeting with President Buhari.

He added that change does not come by magic, stressing that it is driven by people and proper planning.

“Excuse me! Let us calm now here. How long ago? May 29th was when this president was sworn in. It is an international norm all over the world, there is an honeymoon period, at least minimum of 100 days honeymoon. And you won’t allow honeymoon at all? You said change is not coming. Change is not by magic. It driven by the people, the spirit and the character and the planning.

“You see, we have had so much problem in this country in the past because we run into policy blind folded without adequate and effective planning you don’t have results unless you plan well.

“The time it takes you to plan, examine, rejig, re-evaluate is more important than the time you just rush into taking action because you are either being sentimental, being emotional and being driven by other forces that are not expected. It is not fair to jump into those conclusions.

“There must be time to plan, to review and even listen to people. There is a separation between a campaign period, articulating your vision, expressing the promises to Nigerians. There is a time to look at holistically at what you inherited, analysis it, distil and then take action.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/07/buhari-apc-ve-100-days-of-honeymoon-before-executing-change-programme-tinubu/

at the name of Jagaban, all igbos bowwwwwwww
Re: "Change" Does Not Come By Magic- Tinubu Says by putin3: 4:38pm On Jul 28, 2015
I'm supprise if this ppl here that is hail tinubu and APC if they re Nigerian or boko harem I wonder?? Or APC troll
Re: "Change" Does Not Come By Magic- Tinubu Says by kazmanbanjoko(m): 4:43pm On Jul 28, 2015
DEXTROVERT:
Don't know wat to type.....
opposite of introvert.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Change" Does Not Come By Magic- Tinubu Says by mrrock: 4:47pm On Jul 28, 2015
BeeBeeOoh:
By Levinus Nwabughiogu

3 years to come, this will remain the excuse for not doing anything tangible.
Re: "Change" Does Not Come By Magic- Tinubu Says by dictbennie(m): 4:49pm On Jul 28, 2015
This man should stfu...how many has died in the north since after the inception of their government? They promised to get rid of boko Haram in two months without no mention of 'honeymoon' or negotiation...If about 800 has died in about 60 days of the new government, then we are expecting more than half or more to go before PMB's honeymoon is over....We didn't say you people should not plan, but tryna consolidate on.the success of the previous administration in the fight against the insurgents...our people are dying and this one is talking nonsense....God help us...
Re: "Change" Does Not Come By Magic- Tinubu Says by preselect(m): 4:49pm On Jul 28, 2015
[size=14pt]Mr Thiefnouboo has indirectly admitted that Mr Terrorhammadu Booharry has achieved nothing so far. . . . . yet the internet is full of PHOTOS of Mr Terrorhammadu's achievements . . . . . only PHOTOS . . . . [/size]
Re: "Change" Does Not Come By Magic- Tinubu Says by loomer: 4:53pm On Jul 28, 2015
Nigeria, from a failing state to a failed state
Re: "Change" Does Not Come By Magic- Tinubu Says by Ayietim(m): 4:55pm On Jul 28, 2015
We all have a good deposit of greatness in us but we need an explorer to find us, a miner to mine us and a refiner to refine and polish us.
https://ayietim./2015/07/28/dont-judge-a-book-by-its-cover/
Re: "Change" Does Not Come By Magic- Tinubu Says by Nobody: 4:56pm On Jul 28, 2015
dammylohlah:
The Jagban has spoken let the wailers wail. The problem of PDP
Wailers wailing with wit will ward off ill will waged~on Nigerian democracy.

As far as Nigeria is concerned we do not want complacency, so it is not the problem of PDP but that of Nigeria
Re: "Change" Does Not Come By Magic- Tinubu Says by ahmedox(m): 4:58pm On Jul 28, 2015
Mehn, i can still perceive dis man mouth odour 4 here sef

bt anywas, jagaban has spoken#gbam!!
Re: "Change" Does Not Come By Magic- Tinubu Says by Mckennedy: 5:06pm On Jul 28, 2015
BeeBeeOoh:
By Levinus Nwabughiogu

haba this wasn't what Jagaban said during campaign..
Re: "Change" Does Not Come By Magic- Tinubu Says by engrhorla(m): 5:14pm On Jul 28, 2015
lagmostkuit:
Really?

Go say that to ur followers and d guy below me cos dey need it more.

Arrant nonsense!

This FTC don mk som peeps kolo ooooo
Re: "Change" Does Not Come By Magic- Tinubu Says by Nobody: 5:16pm On Jul 28, 2015
engrhorla:

This FTC don mk som peeps kolo ooooo
undecided undecided
Re: "Change" Does Not Come By Magic- Tinubu Says by erinalex: 5:16pm On Jul 28, 2015
Mogidi:
Buhari won the election in March, we're nearly in August, it would still be one excuse after another by Christmas.
kudos,anybody that expect anything less from you must be fooling himself/herself;it's in your DNA to be aberrant. The change we're talking about is NOT for someone like you,you can NEVER see it. In the 1st place,u didn't believe in PMB,so his promises are not meant for you. Mogidi,your craftiness will be very useful to the Biafra Nation,we don't need it in Nigeria,go back home(Biafra). Afterall PMB is not your President,leave nigeria alone. We that believe in PMB will give him some time,before we start criticising him if he fails. Nigerians only started criticising Gej well over 2yrs into his administration. We won't give PMB that luxury of time, that I know. Mogidi go back to Biafra,ur real home;just an advice.
Re: "Change" Does Not Come By Magic- Tinubu Says by popcykaylah(m): 5:17pm On Jul 28, 2015
gurunlocker:
say that one to your masturbating mastubators
what's this one saying? ? na wah o
Re: "Change" Does Not Come By Magic- Tinubu Says by Ephemmm: 5:20pm On Jul 28, 2015
qualityovenbake:
Really, you never used the word honeymoon when you were campaigning. You promise Nigerians CHANGE, not HONEYMOON. We don't need this EXCUSES, we need CHANGE.

What have PDP that have been enjoying 'bittermoon' achieved for the past sixteen years? Shiorrrrr

1 Like

Re: "Change" Does Not Come By Magic- Tinubu Says by Mogidi: 5:22pm On Jul 28, 2015
[s]
erinalex:
kudos,anybody that expect anything less from you must be fooling himself/herself;it's in your DNA to be aberrant. The change we're talking about is NOT for someone like you,you can NEVER see it. In the 1st place,u didn't believe in PMB,so his promises are not meant for you. Mogidi,your craftiness will be very useful to the Biafra Nation,we don't need it in Nigeria,go back home(Biafra). Afterall PMB is not your President,leave nigeria alone. We that believe in PMB will give him some time,before we start criticising him if he fails. Nigerians only started criticising Gej well over 2yrs into his administration. We won't give PMB that luxury of time, that I know. Mogidi go back to Biafra,ur real home;just an advice.
[/s]

Olodo am not a Biafran, am from the SS, I however support their worthwhile agitation nonetheless.
Re: "Change" Does Not Come By Magic- Tinubu Says by Ephemmm: 5:22pm On Jul 28, 2015
merry02:
Tinubu is a shameless man.y has he been keeping quiet b4 now?would he v grant press statement if gbaja didn't emerge as majority leader?

This man will send you to Yaba is care is not taken: all hais Jagaban, the King Maker

1 Like

Re: "Change" Does Not Come By Magic- Tinubu Says by chrisxxx(m): 5:23pm On Jul 28, 2015
Tinubu said a minimum if 100 days with respect to this comment I hereby declare a 4 x 365 days honey moon for Buhari.
Re: "Change" Does Not Come By Magic- Tinubu Says by oluminister: 5:24pm On Jul 28, 2015
There must be time to plan, to review and even listen to people. There is a separation between a campaign period, articulating your vision, expressing the promises to Nigerians. There is a time to look at holistically at what you inherited, analysis it, distil and then take action.
Jagaban you are too much let the wailing weiller go hug transformal no I forget no light may them jump inside lagoon

1 Like

Re: "Change" Does Not Come By Magic- Tinubu Says by merry02(m): 5:25pm On Jul 28, 2015
Ephemmm:

This man will send you to Yaba is care is not taken: all hais Jagaban, the King Maker
wait nd see how Apc ll finish him soon!
Re: "Change" Does Not Come By Magic- Tinubu Says by sheymoni(m): 5:36pm On Jul 28, 2015
dammylohlah:
There must be time to plan, to review and even listen to people. There is a separation between a campaign period, articulating your vision, expressing the promises to Nigerians. There is a time to look at holistically at what you inherited, analysis it, distil and then take action

THIS MAN IS LOADED...

That's why he's a fish bone in the throat of the wailers

1 Like

Re: "Change" Does Not Come By Magic- Tinubu Says by daveP(m): 5:36pm On Jul 28, 2015
Omo bat eyes just said [size=48pt]AT LEAST 100 days hONeymoon!![/size]
shockedshockedshocked
that is toh say.......

[size=48pt]AT MOST 4 YEARS!![/size] shockedshockedshockedshockedshocked
Re: "Change" Does Not Come By Magic- Tinubu Says by godoluwa(m): 5:45pm On Jul 28, 2015
Anyway, I never expect less 4rm somebody like Tinubu.
Re: "Change" Does Not Come By Magic- Tinubu Says by Nobody: 5:45pm On Jul 28, 2015
slap1:
I didn't vote Buhari, so no problem. Let him use his first tenure for honeymoon. I don't care.
This shows some level of decency compared to d automatic gibberish some bigots spin here all the time. Pls support buhari and join him in developing nigeria. We are nigerians.
Re: "Change" Does Not Come By Magic- Tinubu Says by erinalex: 5:59pm On Jul 28, 2015
[quote author=Mogidi post=36366604][s][/s]

Olodo am not a Biafran, am from the SS though I support their worthwhile agitation.[/quote it's a free world,u can support anybody. My point is this,PMB have no plan for people like you,the earlier you get that to your brain the better. I can assure you that u'll continue to rant for the next 4yrs on social media,PMB will not look you side. Brace up for the pains and agony you'll experience under PMB. Since u believe that PMB will never get it right,why always wailing? PMB wouldn't have disappointed you if he fails,afterall that has always been your prayer & expectation. I believe in PMB,so I pray that he get it right,in other for nigerians to enjoy good governance. Mogidi,pls don't get tire of attacking PMB & Tinubu & APC,they all love it. Abuse me,it doesn't count !
Re: "Change" Does Not Come By Magic- Tinubu Says by Nobody: 6:01pm On Jul 28, 2015
Re: "Change" Does Not Come By Magic- Tinubu Says by Sam25(m): 6:04pm On Jul 28, 2015
Well said and perfectly understood by intelligent guys. Let all the SaTANoids n PDP faithfuls go and jump into the Lagoon. SaTANoids n PDP faithfuls are massive compound complex fools. tongue tongue[color=#990000][/color]
Re: "Change" Does Not Come By Magic- Tinubu Says by deeLima86(m): 6:11pm On Jul 28, 2015
Tinubu is not far from the truth...this government needs ample time to turn things around, it won't just happen suddenly.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Plot To Impeach Saraki Thickens- The Nigerian Pilot / Breaking: Calistus Ekenze Replaces Imo Deputy Governor / Armsgate: All Those Found Guilty Will To Go Jail – Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.