Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,580 members, 7,812,898 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:35 PM

Jonathan’s Confab Anti-north, Says ACF - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan’s Confab Anti-north, Says ACF (25785 Views)

Uwazuruike Apologises To The North; Says Protests Politically Motivated / Northern Leaders Reject Jonathan’s Confab Report / Jonathan’s Confab Anti-north, Says Arewa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan’s Confab Anti-north, Says ACF by fkaz(m): 3:29pm On Jul 31, 2015
Demdem:

Nonsense.
we are talking of a faulty foundation to a structure, u are here talking about re-adjusting the structure? which one do u think will last longer?
Who even told u that the vast majority of Nigerians dont really want to go back to regional system of govt as it was in the first repulblic? NC wont give u that neither will NASS give u such. tackle the root of ur problem and leave the shafts.

SOUT East has never Shown Interest IN Regional government. All what they are Running after is additional state, which will Be very difficult for them to realise
Re: Jonathan’s Confab Anti-north, Says ACF by Demdem(m): 3:31pm On Jul 31, 2015
[s]
Xano:

Interesting. The hate(bitterness) is eating you that you rarely seen the truth in-front of you. Hate(bitterness) is a disease.
It will do you good heal.
Chiaka gave you a good reply.
[/s]

Crap. TANoids will constantly think alike. Not surprising
Re: Jonathan’s Confab Anti-north, Says ACF by anwe: 3:32pm On Jul 31, 2015
Chiaka:
The North has no faith in the National Conference organized by the outgone administration of former President Goodluck Jonathan, according to the Arewa Consultative Forum (ACF).

It cautioned against inflammatory statements from respected elders that could jeopardise the corporate co-existence of the nation and described Adebanjo’s comment as embarrassing and absurd.

http://dailytimes.com.ng/jonathans-confab-anti-north-says-acf/

It saddens me when those that you think are matured and know better speaks without decorum. If a northerner organizes a conference will you want it to be binding on southerners especially the South South ? ?

Talking about inflammatory statement I wonder where monkey and baboon will roast now, abi Atlantic ocean the blood of innocent youth coppers will continue to haunt you with your book haram

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan’s Confab Anti-north, Says ACF by millionaireman: 3:33pm On Jul 31, 2015
bugzbunny:
Blabbing fOols
God punish parasites
May lugard neva knw peace
Lubishhhhh

You can't just dismiss the so-called "blabbing fools" like that. Call them parasites or any worse name, they still hold Nigeria in the jugular through the 19 states and Abuja political structure proliferated in the once one region north by northern soldiers, who created only 17 states in the once two regions south. Land mass is never used in any federation to derive new federating units (states) as northern dictators did.

A few years ago, Yakubu Gowon who started state creation lamented in a public lecture that state creation was ultimately hijacked to create a super-political class in a part of Nigeria - of course in the far north.

So far, old states cannot be merged, therefore, the CONFAB was constrained to recommend new states to balance the yawning gap in political representation between the north and south of Nigeria.
Nigeria can be saved through the political restructuring done by the CONFAB. Alternative is Fiscal federalism/Resource Control.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan’s Confab Anti-north, Says ACF by Alfranco(m): 3:34pm On Jul 31, 2015
sokunji:
Really..I don't want to be disrespectful and call u a big fat liar, but what you said is far from the truth.. the confab consisted of equall number of people from the region. .and then representatives from all over the country and outside. .it had representative of people in diaspora, the police force, human right activist and so many others. .those representatives of various groups were selected irrespective of their tribe or region.

www.leadership.ng/news/352593/national-confab-jonathan-releases-list-492-delegates

mtscheeew. .pls look for another lie to defend your refusal to support a confab report that is important to our unity and growth as a nation.

SIMPLE TRUTH

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan’s Confab Anti-north, Says ACF by Demdem(m): 3:35pm On Jul 31, 2015
fkaz:

SOUT East has never Shown Interest IN Regional government. All what they are Running after is additional state, which will Be very difficult for them to realise

NO states. our best bet is to go back to the first republic system of government. it can be updated though.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan’s Confab Anti-north, Says ACF by millionaireman: 3:40pm On Jul 31, 2015
Some of my Yoruba friends do not seem to understand yet that so long as the 19 states and Abuja political structure remains in the north; with only 17 states in the entire south, a true son of Yoruba becoming president of Nigeria is a mirage; at best, when Arewa is tired of ruling, it shall appoint another Obasanjo-like president from Yorubaland.

One says this because each time the southeast asked for political restructuring, some Yoruba were the first to say that there are already too many states, so why bother to create more. Perhaps, they believed that only southeast zone is cheated by the five-states-only structure allowed by northern military dictators in the southeast area. But in truth, the five-states-only structure in the southeast area contributes a lot to deny adequate political representation to the entire south of Nigeria.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan’s Confab Anti-north, Says ACF by sweetgala(m): 3:42pm On Jul 31, 2015
phyllosilicate:
Prior to the commencement of the confab, I read several protest from the North that they were not fairly represented, Jonathan turned a blind eye. Can you imagine the 3 regions in the north were represented by 189 people, while the 3 regions of the south were represented by 303 delegates.

That is glaring injustice, I think sincerely delegates should be selected based on local government areas, and population concentration.

It is obvious Jonathan decided to go with the lopsided representative numbers to neutralize any northern consensus. To correct the errors in the current constitution justice has to be maintained., this should not be a chance for the south to get their way over the north.

I don't believe in this stupid federal character which is another name for affirmative action, it has been used or ignored by successive governments as they wish. It reduces competence and excellence in exchange for nepotism and selection-ism

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jonathan’s Confab Anti-north, Says ACF by sweetgala(m): 3:47pm On Jul 31, 2015
millionaireman:
Some of my Yoruba friends do not seem to understand yet that so long as the 19 states and Abuja political structure remains in the north; with only 17 states in the entire south, a true son of Yoruba becoming president of Nigeria is a mirage; at best, when Arewa is tired of ruling, it shall appoint another Obasanjo-like president from Yorubaland.

One says this because each time the southeast asked for political restructuring, some Yoruba were the first to say that there are already too many states, so why bother to create more. Perhaps, they believed that only southeast zone is cheated by the five-states-only structure allowed by northern military dictators in the southeast area. But in truth, the five-states-only structure in the southeast area contributes a lot to deny adequate political representation to the entire south of Nigeria.

There are already too many states, only foolish Nigerians think we should continue living this existence of separatism, exceptionalism tribalism . We need emancipation and a mode of thinkin which promoted nationalism and patriotic agendas.

It took the united states less than 40 years to defeat to post civil war North / confederacy divide. I don't remember hearing southerners complaining that the capital is in Washington DC
Re: Jonathan’s Confab Anti-north, Says ACF by nworanco(m): 3:50pm On Jul 31, 2015
Demdem:

The person u qouted made salient points. Read it again and u will appreciate it better. In otherwords, it's basically premature considering that MOST positions aren't being filled yet.
@ topic, the Confab was a waste. The APC govt now governing from the beginning were never in support and they gave their reasons then. It will be foolish for anyone to think the same APC will implement. Report is best shredded
U are a big liar, the North supported the process during the comfab. Can u tell me that the southern Nigeria are equally represented in the National Assembly? A norther headed the comference, and there was no agitation, so those claims.
Northerners are only afraid of their backwardness and lack of skill manpower in various sectors of the nation's economy. They were deceived by the British which made lauzy as a people. Think about it.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan’s Confab Anti-north, Says ACF by patrick89(m): 3:52pm On Jul 31, 2015
Demdem:

dont be silly, u didnt answer because u simply dont have anything to say. OBJ organised a NC and Jonah-daft also organised another NC. in both instances, some sections were happy with the outcome of each one while some arent. what ignorance are u talking about? so far u made no point.
or u think since one section of the country is happy with it then it should be adopted right? how selfish.
I really do not give a damn, how you lots talk about GEJ, you dissipate so much energy protecting the interest of the north as your fathers property! foolish people.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan’s Confab Anti-north, Says ACF by millionaireman: 3:53pm On Jul 31, 2015
fkaz:

It is unimaginable any of the six zones that can now vote for return to regional government system after long years of the states enjoying autonomy - freedom from control by the structures of the old regions. That's why the southeast asks for additional state. But because it was difficult to carry all Nigeria along to create just only one state for the southeast, the CONFAB had to create more states to placate other groups asking for new states. The new states recommended by the CONFAB is expensive, but a difficult pain Nigeria has to endure to be freed from centrifugal forces aiming to tear it apart.
Re: Jonathan’s Confab Anti-north, Says ACF by Alfranco(m): 3:53pm On Jul 31, 2015
Kingspin:
What is the agenda of the North in Nigeria? This people that love religion than development.
That is the root of all their problems which, unfortunately, other liberal regions who are better of on their own are made to share in the so called one nigeria. We shall overcome...this I believe...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan’s Confab Anti-north, Says ACF by fabre4: 3:56pm On Jul 31, 2015
Igbos until we stop our self imposed marginalization we can't make progress
TIme has come when we have to take our destiny in our hand and fight for our right go
Enough of being third class citizens but we must fight against this discrimination within our selves first am talking of the way OSU's are discriminated how can you begin to discriminate even a baby that is not born or that doesn't knows any deity?
Can someone tell me why Arewa will talk for the whole north and no northerner will say anything contradictory yet if any group speaks out for us we shut it down immediately. The rule to sociopolitical freedom is simple: any kingdom that is divided against itself cannot stand and that's exactly what the northerners are doing to us using that foolish greedy bastard called Rochas as an agent of division . Even though I don't support some of his ways I still support Nnamdi KANU for his doggedness in speaking out despite being rebuffed by his own people.
Finally Ojukwu is dead it is time to be each others ojukwu he won't come from the grave to fight for us again let us fight for ourselves by fighting against divisions within us. United we stand.

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan’s Confab Anti-north, Says ACF by millionaireman: 3:57pm On Jul 31, 2015
sweetgala:

There are already too many states, only foolish Nigerians think we should continue living this existence of separatism, exceptionalism tribalism . We need emancipation and a mode of thinkin which promoted nationalism and patriotic agendas.

It took the united states less than 40 years to defeat to post civil war North / confederacy divide. I don't remember hearing southerners complaining that the capital is in Washington DC

Lol, only foolish Nigerians believe a country mired in controversy arising from a militarily twisted political structure can survive, talk less, develop. Continue to hide in your belief that there are already too many states. If there are, kindly pray Nigeria to merge your state to another more viable state around you.
Who does not know that there are already too many states? Perhaps you assume you are more intelligent than the men and women in the CONFAB who had to resort to recommending new states.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan’s Confab Anti-north, Says ACF by sweetgala(m): 3:57pm On Jul 31, 2015
millionaireman:

You can't just dismiss the so-called "blabbing fools" like that. Call them parasites or any worse name, they still hold Nigeria in the jugular through the 19 states and Abuja political structure proliferated in the once one region north by northern soldiers, who created only 17 states in the once two regions south. Land mass is never used in any federation to derive new federating units (states) as northern dictators did.

A few years ago, Yakubu Gowon who started state creation lamented in a public lecture that state creation was ultimately hijacked to create a super-political class in a part of Nigeria - of course in the far north.

So far, old states cannot be merged, therefore, the CONFAB was constrained to recommend new states to balance the yawning gap in political representation between the north and south of Nigeria.
Nigeria can be saved through the political restructuring done by the CONFAB. Alternative is Fiscal federalism/Resource Control.

To you states are just political tools, have you seen some of these states, the SE contesting for creation of another state need to examine the landmass and population and it's advantages -none.

Creating another southern state would only produce more civil servants, with the number of citizens carved out from the balkanised state with local governments overlapping each other ; another governor with a security vote and national derivation etc.

The number of local governments in the northern states would not diminish , the number of legislative representatives would not reduce and Nigerians problems would not go away, nor would poverty be reduced
Re: Jonathan’s Confab Anti-north, Says ACF by Demdem(m): 3:57pm On Jul 31, 2015
nworanco:

U are a big liar, the North supported the process during the comfab. Can u tell me that the southern Nigeria are equally represented in the National Assembly? A norther headed the comference, and there was no agitation, so those claims.
Northerners are only afraid of their backwardness and lack of skill manpower in various sectors of the nation's economy. They were deceived by the British which made lauzy as a people. Think about it.

its obvious u didnt even understand what u qouted
Re: Jonathan’s Confab Anti-north, Says ACF by Demdem(m): 3:58pm On Jul 31, 2015
[s]
patrick89:
I really do not give a damn, how you lots talk about GEJ, you dissipate so much energy protecting the interest of the north as your fathers property! foolish people.
[/s]

Bunkum
Re: Jonathan’s Confab Anti-north, Says ACF by Chiaka(f): 3:58pm On Jul 31, 2015
prof12:
The Tanoids, Was the composition of delegates legally balanced? 189-303
Any way during Jonathan's administration 16 was greater than 19.

What do you mean by 'Any way during Jonathan's administration 16 was greater than 19.' ?
Re: Jonathan’s Confab Anti-north, Says ACF by Nobody: 4:01pm On Jul 31, 2015
EasternLion:
Who saw they are using North to say what they want to say?
We Arewa, we North.

But when it comes to us
.N/Delta, we Igbos, we Ijaws, SS, SE, Igbo nation.

Why not collectively answer East?
"Oh no, Igbo man wants our oil, Igbos will dominate us Niger Deltans".
Ok OK then use ur Original name Biafra.

"I am not Biafran oh, if u come to Cross River and shout Biafra, u will not go back alive".
"Biafra is for Igbos, we are N/Delta, I want resource control and amnesty money".

"Oh no, Nnamdi Kanu is spreading hate and seditious, we enlightened Igbos don't support him".

The North will always have their way.

BIG LESSON FOR SS ans SE
CC Chessboard

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan’s Confab Anti-north, Says ACF by Chiaka(f): 4:02pm On Jul 31, 2015
Demdem:

Stop being clever by half boy. do u even know the meaning of executive? all former heads of states and CJN from the north are automatically board of patrons of ACF. do u know what patrons do? however can u kindly tell me when last u ever see General Buhari in an ACF meeting?
Far before ACF, APC also had objections. Buhari, stood with his party on that position so what is ur point again? APC is a national party so the objections cut across all spheres.

Bla! Bla! Bla!

Until Buhari & Tinubu implement true federalism as they faked to support during the campaign period, APC means nothing to me but fraud!

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan’s Confab Anti-north, Says ACF by millionaireman: 4:03pm On Jul 31, 2015
sweetgala:

To you states are just political tools, have you seen some of these states, the SE contesting for creation of another state need to examine the landmass and population and it's advantages -none.

Creating another southern state would only produce more civil servants, with the number of citizens carved out from the balkanised state with local governments overlapping each other ; another governor with a security vote and national derivation etc.

The number of local governments in the northern states would not diminish , the number of legislative representatives would not reduce and Nigerians problems would not go away, nor would poverty be reduced

You don't even understand why people continue to demand for states in the face of the reality that many of the existing states can't even pay salaries to civil servants. The existing political structure makes Nigeria a semblance of George Orwell's "Animal Farm" It must be restructured in a democracy.

Tinubu has been asking for true and fiscal federalism before APC, tell him to tell Buhari to implement true and fiscal federalism if you know how a pluralistic country like Nigeria is supposed to be run. Methinks, at one point, even Buhari preached for return of fiscal federalism to Nigeria. You are being fooled.
Idonbelieve you deserve any more response from me.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jonathan’s Confab Anti-north, Says ACF by Chiaka(f): 4:04pm On Jul 31, 2015
Demdem:

i dont hate Jonah-daft, i only hated the foolishness and stupidity the fool brought into governance. because of this, we lost an opportunity for an SNC

I agree the guy was kinda slow. The north fought hard to get him out for many reason including the expired fraudulent allocation of Oil Rigs and the confab implementation amongs others

1 Like

Re: Jonathan’s Confab Anti-north, Says ACF by Nobody: 4:05pm On Jul 31, 2015
phyllosilicate:
I am from the south south, and I support fiscal federalism. My is, if one is calling for a National dialogue, all regions should be fairly represented. And the delegate should be chosen by their people. Jonathan just hand picked people. Less call a spade a spade.

Hediot you are not from any SS, you are a yoruba man.... we know your antecedents

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan’s Confab Anti-north, Says ACF by Chiaka(f): 4:06pm On Jul 31, 2015
onoja12:
FIRST OF ALL ARE YOU AWare THAT AREWA MEANS 19 STATES PLUS THE FCT IN NIGERIA which is more than half of nigeria,with the largest population of Nigeria.second tell yourself the truth during the confrence AREWA made is clear to GEJ that they are not in support of his agender in the confrenece they even fought with the chairman then.so were in your mind do you think that a sencible president in respective of where he is from would pass a confrence recommendation that was design by edwin clark.

So Edwin clark was the chairman of the confab ?? for your info, it was a northerner!

1 Like

Re: Jonathan’s Confab Anti-north, Says ACF by Chiaka(f): 4:08pm On Jul 31, 2015
True talk Bro!
BraimohA:
This position is quite asinine. I think all regions was well represented in the Comfab. This is a set back motives I can say.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan’s Confab Anti-north, Says ACF by Chiaka(f): 4:11pm On Jul 31, 2015
Vanquay:
Justice should be dished Hot. But they wail too much. I know little about this conference politics and stuff undecided

You can google on Nigeria National Conference and read some update news! information is key!
Re: Jonathan’s Confab Anti-north, Says ACF by Nobody: 4:11pm On Jul 31, 2015
Demdem:

Am sorry but both Gbonigi and clark explanation doesn't fly and the conference didnt obviously take everyone along. They are both playing with words. We are talking of a conference that has a no-go area topics shocked shocked shocked how will u reconcile their statements with this singular reason.
Let me tell u this and i will be straight to the point..............
1) we need a conference that will determine if we Nigerians trully want to be together or not.
2) If No, the process of our disintegration.
3) If Yes, the basis for our togetherness
4) A proper;y constituted conference whose decisions wont be subjected to the NASS (that means it must be SNC)
Whatever imbalance u are afraid of now will be sorted out there and then. the NC never assured that for ur info. The moment GEJ made it a no go area, i knew it was just another waste sojourn like OBjs.

For the 1st time I give you a "like".... but u need to outgrow these vulgar names u call GEJ.... it will kill u one day
Re: Jonathan’s Confab Anti-north, Says ACF by Demdem(m): 4:12pm On Jul 31, 2015
Chiaka:

Bla! Bla! Bla!

Not unexpected grin grin grin when faced with undisputed facts this should be expected.

Until Buhari & Tinubu implement true federalism as they faked to support during the campaign period, APC means nothing to me but fraud!

Buhari is in charge and not Tinubu. And like i said earlier, it will take a strong southern leader to give us the desired conference. Jonah-daft blew that opportunity away

Re: Jonathan’s Confab Anti-north, Says ACF by Chiaka(f): 4:13pm On Jul 31, 2015
fkaz:

East has never Shown Interest IN Regional government say who?

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan’s Confab Anti-north, Says ACF by Demdem(m): 4:14pm On Jul 31, 2015
Chiaka:

I agree the guy was kinda slow. The north fought hard to get him out for many reason including the expired fraudulent allocation of Oil Rigs and the confab implementation amongs others

Rubbish. Nigerians from both the North and the south chose and succedded to boot him out simply because of his incompetence and nothing more. It wasnt just a northern affair.
Re: Jonathan’s Confab Anti-north, Says ACF by nagoma(m): 4:15pm On Jul 31, 2015
merry02:
Is the report meant for one region?I think all regions,ethnics were represented in the conference now!what's jonathan confab report again?when ll Apc stop blaming jonathan?

Comprehension problem. Read this report again.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Nigerian Military Issues Third “final” Warning To Boko Haram / Plateau Assembly Asks Residents To Take Up Arms, Defend Themselves / 2 Grown Up Ladies Strip Themselves, Fight Publicly,Photos Go Viral(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.