Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,742 members, 7,817,051 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:06 AM

Jonathan’s Confab Anti-north, Says ACF - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan’s Confab Anti-north, Says ACF (25817 Views)

Uwazuruike Apologises To The North; Says Protests Politically Motivated / Northern Leaders Reject Jonathan’s Confab Report / Jonathan’s Confab Anti-north, Says Arewa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan’s Confab Anti-north, Says ACF by McKren(m): 5:14pm On Jul 31, 2015
Ridiculous attitudes like this by the North is why the likes of Nnamdi Kanu are very popular in the South East!

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan’s Confab Anti-north, Says ACF by millionaireman: 5:15pm On Jul 31, 2015
onoja12:
OF COURSE WE KNOW WHO WAS THE CHAIRMAN(PUPPET),EDWIN CLARK DESIGN THE AGENDA FOR THE CONFERENCE AND YOU CAN REMEMBER AT THE END THE RECOMMENDATION WERE DONE IN HIS HOUSE AND THEN THEY TRIED YOU GET IT PASSED ON THE FINAL DAY WHICH THE NORTH REJECTED BUT THEY STILL PASSED IT ANYWAY.LET US BE HONEST THE PROBLEM WITH NIGERIA IS THAT WE DON'T LIKE TELLING OURSELF THE TRUTH

Please don't cook up falsehood against Edwin Clark. Research one bit; Edwin Clark's Ijaw people even protested openly after the CONFAB that new state was not recommended from their area by the CONFAB.
So GEJ did not play to benefit his Ijaw or any particular group during the CONFAB. He played like a lover of One Nigeria he is. But the haters of One Nigeria are the greedy ones from north who do not want to give up any economic and political advantages which north got through its soldiers who proliferated too many undue number of states and local councils in the north.

Yes, we do not like to tell ourselves the truth in Nigeria: but the truth is that in no modern country did soldiers create the country's federating units - as was done by northern soldiers in Nigeria.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan’s Confab Anti-north, Says ACF by superstar1(m): 5:16pm On Jul 31, 2015
kaycid77:

Where did you get the bold.....even at that you can also say
Nigeria is not up to a quarter of Niger also undecided undecided undecided undecided

Kwara State is 37,700 square km

Abia state is 5,420 square km

Enugu State is 12,440 square km

Ebonyi State is 5,530 square km

Anambra State is 4,844 square km

Imo State is 5,430 square km

The Total landmass of states in SE is 33,664 square km. I am sure half of that landmass is gully eroded or red mud.

No wonder, all of you keep trooping out of the jungle of Biafra like ants, searching for greener pastures.

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Jonathan’s Confab Anti-north, Says ACF by Lawsimon(m): 5:16pm On Jul 31, 2015
So the restructuring of Nigeria has become anti-North? As far as these fundamental issues about Nigeria's unity are not addressed, Nigeria will never know peace. ''NIGERIA IS A MERE GEOGRAPHICAL EXPRESSION''- AWOLOWO.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jonathan’s Confab Anti-north, Says ACF by wiseoneking: 5:18pm On Jul 31, 2015
phyllosilicate:
Prior to the commencement of the confab, I read several protest from the North that they were not fairly represented, Jonathan turned a blind eye. Can you imagine the 3 regions in the north were represented by 189 people, while the 3 regions of the south were represented by 303 delegates.
So the only one you will accept it is when it is vice versa or what? Is not the outcome more important that the cries of the northerners. Well, the fate of this nation is sealed. There remained a zone of this country that may not produce president for now, they complain and wail, but still will remain the most progressive. Opposite to that are the zones/regions that produces more presidents than others but will never rise above poverty. The other zone, well, will ever remain here or there.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan’s Confab Anti-north, Says ACF by millionaireman: 5:24pm On Jul 31, 2015
Laminated!!

Demdem:

why do u want to continue to build on a faulty foundation? why do we like deceiving ourselves in this country? Postponing the evil days indefinately. we have never for once had that opportunity to discuss the BASIS OF OUR TOGETHERNESS and u expect imbalance in the political sphere to end eh? i dont share ur thoughts.
Re: Jonathan’s Confab Anti-north, Says ACF by millionaireman: 5:27pm On Jul 31, 2015
superstar1:

Kwara State is 37,700 square km

Abia state is 5,420 square km

Enugu State is 12,440 square km

Ebonyi State is 5,530 square km

Anambra State is 4,844 square km

Imo State is 5,430 square km

The Total landmass of states in SE is 33,664 square km. I am sure half of that landmass is gully eroded or red mud.

No wonder, all of you keep trooping out of the jungle of Biafra like ants, searching for greener pastures.

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Stop your swimming in ignorance. You have been seeking attention while I have ignored you all along: federating units in a true federal country are not derived using land mass as a criterion.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jonathan’s Confab Anti-north, Says ACF by sweetgala(m): 5:55pm On Jul 31, 2015
millionaireman:

Quote below is you - sweetgala's - reply to an Igbo in a recent thread:

{You Biafra clown, why don't you start a war.. Your sure death beacons .. You'll be food for crows and vultures soon enough.

Bloody swine

Don't try reply me I've more better things to do than have an e-tussle with your silly self}.

Unquote.

and now, lemme warn you:
Don't quote me again, else, Amadioha shall rattle your parasitic head. Ewu parasite. How many years more would you want to remain a parasite through the uncountable number of states and local govt councils proliferated by force in the north?

I didn't care then and I don't care know how you feel, If you are pained you know what to do, I can provide you a good rope find a tree branch and do the needful.

Below is the map of Nigeria , the first true thing that needs to be done before correcting the constitution is to correct the wrong perceptions and conduct a true census of the nation. How places such as Kwara, Kogi, Benue and Taraba are considered North beats me , those are either southern states or middle belt at best. But the SE trying to carve more states out of nothing beats me; cross rivers is the only state that can be butchered and even that makes no sense, I'd personally join two states in SE and make a super structure.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan’s Confab Anti-north, Says ACF by poseidon12: 6:30pm On Jul 31, 2015
Chiaka:

For those affected the Confab is a way to balance an imbalance system! surprising question is 'why is it only the north that's condemning the confab??!

Because the status quo favors the north.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan’s Confab Anti-north, Says ACF by Alfranco(m): 6:42pm On Jul 31, 2015
millionaireman:

Stop your swimming in ignorance. You have been seeking attention while I have ignored you all along: federating units in a true federal country are not derived using land mass as a criterion.
Even the so called Kwara State that is about 80% Yoruba is politically Zoned to favor the North. Most of my kits and kins there aren't happy with this. My S/W town is a stroll away to Kwara North,laughable.. reasons for the so called land mass, population, more reps in both houses of parliament and allocations,etc isn'nt justified...Allocation of the proceeds from where? These are just little in the whole scheme of injustices to other regions. If this is considered, somebody wouldn't mention land mass.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan’s Confab Anti-north, Says ACF by millionaireman: 6:53pm On Jul 31, 2015
Alfranco:

Even the so called Kwara State that is about 80% Yoruba is politically Zoned to favor the North. Most of my kits and kins there aren't happy with this. My S/W town is a stroll away to Kwara North,laughable.. reasons for the so called land mass, population, more reps in both houses of parliament and allocations,etc isn'nt justified...Allocation of the proceeds from where? These are just little in the whole scheme of injustices to other regions. If this is considered, somebody wouldn't mention land mass.

Highlighted: allocation of the proceeds from where?
Lol, please direct that question to sweetgala who posted a nonsense and ballooned map of northern Nigeria above to justify why proceeds from crude oil and VAT that come mostly from the south must be used forever to fund the undue large number of states and local government areas proliferated in the north by northern soldiers.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan’s Confab Anti-north, Says ACF by kraftykc(m): 7:07pm On Jul 31, 2015
phyllosilicate:
is this what you would have said if the confab was the other way around I.e having 189 southerners and 303 northerners?

Why is nobody commenting on the OUTCOME of the conference but rather it's composition?

If we go by your logic we will pass no laws in the Senate because the south will keep shouting that it's been marginalized because the North has too many senators. And forget that stupidly skewered assertion that 80% of land in Nigeria is in the North, that's insultingly untrue, what about the resources please? Can anyone tell me what the resources used in running this country is divided abeg, or does that simply walk out the window in this discussion?

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan’s Confab Anti-north, Says ACF by sweetgala(m): 7:15pm On Jul 31, 2015
millionaireman:

Highlighted: allocation of the proceeds from where?
Lol, please direct that question to sweetgala who posted a nonsense and ballooned map of northern Nigeria above to justify why proceeds from crude oil and VAT that come mostly from the south must be used forever to fund the undue large number of states and local government areas proliferated in the north by northern soldiers.

With those same northern zombies taking bullets for Nigeria in the war front I think they've payed their price. This conversation has little or nothing to do with that same "southern oil" rhetoric, it has everything to do with why an already cannibalized system should be further fragmented with creation of more states, the synergy established during the 1st republic by Awolowo, Zik and Balewa has been eroded with state governors more interested in their security votes than how to make the best of their states, regions and people.

I already stated clearly that I don't believe Kwara, Kogi, Taraba are part of the north and should not be so classified , however those people are also ethnically marginalized by the south east who spite them and the SW who share little with them and remind them of that often ; some of them share a religion with core north so it is a compromise they are willing to take for their own political benefit.

More states would not solve the problem , neither would implementation of a flawed confab report. To truly start to heal the wound , a correct census and national planning need to be undertaken. One where all ethnicity acknowledge the greatest tribe(Nigeria). Then we can see how to help all Nigerians achieve their potential, move away from dependence on petroleum for our economic growth, provide education to all children , harness our intellectual property, improve healthcare, Improve our rail and road network, project a good economic plan and see how we can improve our electricity distribution.

We lack national planning , that is why idiots can come online and propose that the true way forward in a modern Nigeria is to dump synergy and create more independent states, all doing their own things like headless chicken increasing waste and expecting progress.
Re: Jonathan’s Confab Anti-north, Says ACF by sweetgala(m): 7:25pm On Jul 31, 2015
kraftykc:

Why is nobody commenting on the OUTCOME of the conference but rather it's composition?

If we go by your logic we will pass no laws in the Senate because the south will keep shouting that it's been marginalized because the North has too many senators. And forget that stupidly skewered assertion that 80% of land in Nigeria is in the North, that's insultingly untrue, what about the resources please? Can anyone tell me what the resources used in running this country is divided abeg, or does that simply walk out the window in this discussion?

Geographically as long as the Middle belt are lumped with the north that 60%-70% of the land would continue be fact. But really and truly, that should not be the question. What is the north, where does it start is the real question, and the only people who can answer that question are the middle belt.

It should not matter who is from the north, but as long as the south keep making the middle belt the north, the Arewa consultative forum would continue to accommodate them. The stupid ones in this topic should sincerely accept their grievance is with the notion that SS oil is being used to service the nation

1 Like

Re: Jonathan’s Confab Anti-north, Says ACF by Israel5(m): 8:05pm On Jul 31, 2015
phyllosilicate:
I am from the south south, and I support fiscal federalism. My is, if one is calling for a National dialogue, all regions should be fairly represented. And the delegate should be chosen by their people. Jonathan just hand picked people. Less call a spade a spade.
ok. You are a big Spade. Let me ask u, what is more important, fair representation or factual reports? You knw that the confab ws nt according to zones bt organisatins nd many northeners turnd down the offer as at the time the idea came up. U ar nw a blind Spade.
Re: Jonathan’s Confab Anti-north, Says ACF by belente(m): 8:20pm On Jul 31, 2015
If the north or any other group of persons is against the peaceful re structuring of nigeria, such a person is simply inviting the doom s day

1 Like

Re: Jonathan’s Confab Anti-north, Says ACF by Nobody: 8:34pm On Jul 31, 2015
[s]
fkaz:

SOUT East has never Shown Interest IN Regional government. All what they are Running after is additional state, which will Be very difficult for them to realise
[/s]

Lies from the pit of hell!
Re: Jonathan’s Confab Anti-north, Says ACF by Nobody: 8:36pm On Jul 31, 2015
fabre4:
[s]Igbos until we stop our self imposed marginalization we can't make progress
TIme has come when we have to take our destiny in our hand and fight for our right go
Enough of being third class citizens but we must fight against this discrimination within our selves first am talking of the way OSU's are discriminated how can you begin to discriminate even a baby that is not born or that doesn't knows any deity?[/s]
Can someone tell me why Arewa will talk for the whole north and no northerner will say anything contradictory yet if any group speaks out for us we shut it down immediately. The rule to sociopolitical freedom is simple: any kingdom that is divided against itself cannot stand and that's exactly what the northerners are doing to us using that foolish greedy bastard called Rochas as an agent of division . Even though I don't support some of his ways I still support Nnamdi KANU for his doggedness in speaking out despite being rebuffed by his own people.
Finally Ojukwu is dead it is time to be each others ojukwu he won't come from the grave to fight for us again let us fight for ourselves by fighting against divisions within us. United we stand.
Re: Jonathan’s Confab Anti-north, Says ACF by Nobody: 8:38pm On Jul 31, 2015
[s]
sweetgala:

To you states are just political tools, have you seen some of these states, the SE contesting for creation of another state need to examine the landmass and population and it's advantages -none.

Creating another southern state would only produce more civil servants, with the number of citizens carved out from the balkanised state with local governments overlapping each other ; another governor with a security vote and national derivation etc.

The number of local governments in the northern states would not diminish , the number of legislative representatives would not reduce and Nigerians problems would not go away, nor would poverty be reduced
[/s]
Thrash!
Re: Jonathan’s Confab Anti-north, Says ACF by Nobody: 8:40pm On Jul 31, 2015
[s]
Demdem:

Rubbish. Nigerians from both the North and the south chose and succedded to boot him out simply because of his incompetence and nothing more. It wasnt just a northern affair.
[/s]
It's time you stopped spreading lies...
Re: Jonathan’s Confab Anti-north, Says ACF by bamuffy: 8:44pm On Jul 31, 2015
CAR THEFT!!! The Personal Car of my friend was stolen day before yesterday at Ring Road junction Osogbo. The Motor Car is Toyota Corrola, Red Wine colour. We enjoin anybody tha can give useful information that can lead to the recovery of the Car to please contact Mr. Tayo on 07095567628 or 08183007681 or the nearest Police Station. THE CAR PLATE NUMBER: SMK 923 DH CHASSIS NUMBER: JTDBR32E832011507 MODEL: 2003 COLOUR: RED WINE COLOUR. Special gift await anybody that give us useful information that lead to the discovery of the Car. Please help spread this information,and God will bless you as u are doing so!!!
Re: Jonathan’s Confab Anti-north, Says ACF by Nobody: 8:48pm On Jul 31, 2015
[s]
onoja12:
YOU MUST BE CRAZY,A NATIONAL CONFERENCE THAT WAS DESIGN FOR ONE PART OF THE COUNTRY SHOULD BE IMPLEMENTED,MY FRIEND WAKE UP,IN A NATIONAL CONFERENCE ALL PARTIES MY DISAGREE TO AGREE NOT THE OTHER WAY ROUND

[/s]
Biased, disgruntled fellow!
Re: Jonathan’s Confab Anti-north, Says ACF by xklucvG: 8:51pm On Jul 31, 2015
This arewa man is a bloody liar. Both north and south were equally represented.
Re: Jonathan’s Confab Anti-north, Says ACF by Nobody: 9:02pm On Jul 31, 2015
sweetgala:

[s]I didn't care then and I don't care know how you feel, If you are pained you know what to do, I can provide you a good rope find a tree branch and do the needful.
[/s]
Below is the map of Nigeria , the first true thing that needs to be done before correcting the constitution is to correct the wrong perceptions and conduct a true census of the nation. How places such as Kwara, Kogi, Benue and Taraba are considered North beats me , those are either southern states or middle belt at best. [s]But the SE trying to carve more states out of nothing beats me; cross rivers is the only state that can be butchered and even that makes no sense, I'd personally join two states in SE and make a super structure.[/s]

Re: Jonathan’s Confab Anti-north, Says ACF by Nobody: 9:07pm On Jul 31, 2015
sweetgala:

[s]
With those same northern zombies taking bullets for Nigeria in the war front I think they've payed their price. This conversation has little or nothing to do with that same "southern oil" rhetoric, it has everything to do with why an already cannibalized system should be further fragmented with creation of more states, [/s]the synergy established during the 1st republic by Awolowo, Zik and Balewa has been eroded with state governors more interested in their security votes than how to make the best of their states, regions and people.

I already stated clearly that I don't believe Kwara, Kogi, Taraba are part of the north and should not be so classified , however those people are also ethnically marginalized by the south east who spite them and the SW who share little with them and remind them of that often ; some of them share a religion with core north so it is a compromise they are willing to take for their own political benefit.

More states would not solve the problem , neither would implementation of a flawed confab report. To truly start to heal the wound , a correct census and national planning need to be undertaken. One where all ethnicity acknowledge the greatest tribe(Nigeria). Then we can see how to help all Nigerians achieve their potential, move away from dependence on petroleum for our economic growth, provide education to all children , harness our intellectual property, improve healthcare, Improve our rail and road network, project a good economic plan and see how we can improve our electricity distribution.

We lack national planning ,[s] that is why idiots can come online and propose that the true way forward in a modern Nigeria is to dump synergy and create more independent states, all doing their own things like headless chicken increasing waste and expecting progress.[/s]
Re: Jonathan’s Confab Anti-north, Says ACF by kotv: 9:15pm On Jul 31, 2015
I'm tired of this country. the north would always want to continue the parasitic status quo.
Re: Jonathan’s Confab Anti-north, Says ACF by kotv: 9:18pm On Jul 31, 2015
babestella:

This is eye opening for those who have brain to think. The North hates the confab report because they want oil, oil oil oil, yet they despise anything or anyone from Niger delta. The reason why they detest GEJ second term is because of oil blocks, precious stones worth millions in USD are mined in the North on a daily basis, where does the money go to? do they remit this money to the federal account? NO, but they are quick to claim one Nigeria because of Oil. I have said it I'm my last post, the danger is not yet totally averted, we are still play very strong ethnic card here, tension is silently high and it will surely lead to the violent break up of this nation if we don't thread with caution especially APC and Arewa.

true
Re: Jonathan’s Confab Anti-north, Says ACF by kotv: 9:26pm On Jul 31, 2015
Demdem:

Rubbish. Nigerians from both the North and the south chose and succedded to boot him out simply because of his incompetence and nothing more. It wasnt just a northern affair.

Correction. north and south west chose to remove him because of their glaring tribalism.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan’s Confab Anti-north, Says ACF by sweetgala(m): 9:37pm On Jul 31, 2015
[quote author=xtrorse post=36476938][/quote]

State your case or shut up, I hate when people can not make a point of their own.

Make an effort to correct me, I'm willing to learn i'm wrong are you man enough to apply reason !
Re: Jonathan’s Confab Anti-north, Says ACF by davereal(m): 10:15pm On Jul 31, 2015
phyllosilicate:
on Buhari appointment, I can't say for now until he has constituted his cabinet. We are not been fair on Him, I think. Buhari has mostly appointed security positions and in this type of appointments, you appoint those you trust. Like I said before, I am from SS, if I am the president today, do you expect my ADC, SCO, NSA, head of DSS, Chief of Army staff should come from the North? Or you want make hypertension kill me?
Jonathan appointed southerners in all this key security positions when he was elected, why people didn't notice was because he appointed his ministers along with them.

You are such a beautiful and ignorant lier. Jonathan NSA Sambo Dasuki is a Northerner, Chief of Army Staff somebody Badeh is from the North. So when did you turn them to Southerners? Stop advitising your ignorance. There are well informed personalities on Nairaland. Go somewhere so you can justify your shallow brain to a shallow audience. #Nonsense!

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan’s Confab Anti-north, Says ACF by Nobody: 10:21pm On Jul 31, 2015
sweetgala:

State your case or shut up, I hate when people can not make a point of their own.

Make an effort to correct me, I'm willing to learn i'm wrong are you man enough to apply reason !

Sorry o, we both may not have anything in common, not even value system. Your type is difficult to deal with, for you rarely make objective comments devoid of prejudiced colorations. 

You appear to make your points overbearingly and end up not being entirely truthful to yourself!  For clarity sake, your previous comments were marked with strike-throughs for you to reconsider your thought processes, learn to be fair and discreet to make objective points even when the truth hurts you. You should not be influenced by personal feelings when considering and representing facts simply because the unjust lopsided status quo in the polity favours you.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan’s Confab Anti-north, Says ACF by Nobody: 10:21pm On Jul 31, 2015
sweetgala:

Sorry o, we both may not have anything in common, not even value system. Your type is difficult to deal with, for you rarely make objective comments devoid of prejudiced colorations. 

You appear to make your points overbearingly and end up not being entirely truthful to yourself! For clarity sake, your previous comments were marked with strike-throughs for you to reconsider your thought processes, learn to be fair and discreet to make objective points even when the truth hurts you. You should not be influenced by personal feelings when considering and representing facts simply because the unjust lopsided status quo in the polity favours you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Friday Nwosu Challenges Uche Ogah's Declaration As Abia Governor / Atiku Meets With US Assistant Secretary & State Department Officials / NLC/TUC Continue Talks With FG Today At 6pm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.