Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,709 members, 7,809,691 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:17 PM

Jonathan’s Confab Anti-north, Says ACF - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan’s Confab Anti-north, Says ACF (25771 Views)

Uwazuruike Apologises To The North; Says Protests Politically Motivated / Northern Leaders Reject Jonathan’s Confab Report / Jonathan’s Confab Anti-north, Says Arewa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan’s Confab Anti-north, Says ACF by Demdem(m): 2:25pm On Jul 31, 2015
Chiaka:

Well I feel it should comprise and encompass all inclusive of the issue of being in sovereignty or NOT

if u still want to work on compromise then the NASS is there for u. Use them. What i offered is a lasting solution.
Re: Jonathan’s Confab Anti-north, Says ACF by Chiaka(f): 2:26pm On Jul 31, 2015
richidinho:
OK but there were northerners in the confab.... I didn't see Jonathan debating in the confab
Jonathan couldn't have been in the confab he was then the president will look like he was there to influence things

These where the list of attendees by category, just for the records
http://leadership.ng/news/352593/national-confab-jonathan-releases-list-492-delegates

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan’s Confab Anti-north, Says ACF by Nobody: 2:26pm On Jul 31, 2015
I dear say the North do not possess the number as they claimed. They should have allowed Odimegwu to conduct a credible population after plugging the porous border.
The result would have shocked the world and indeed the North, who have carried on for far too long with this injustice.

A land mass of what 80% (a careful look at the Nigeria map shows it is only tapered at the middle and the bottom- with not much difference in the land area if extrapolated), the contiguous waters of Nigeria South, means the South is far larger than the North, especially if one consider the fact that over 80% of the supposed land mass are unhabitable desert with sparse population on arid grounds.

If they are already laying the groundwork for the SNC report to be ignored, they should come out straight with it instead of hidding under the guise of population statistic fraught with fraud.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan’s Confab Anti-north, Says ACF by merry02(m): 2:26pm On Jul 31, 2015
Ephemmm:

Why are you asking self-answered question? Did you read the report at all? Do you pray to have a relative who will buy a land, build a foundation, erect the building but fail to put a finishing touches to it despite having enough resources to do so till the end of his life?

If you have problem when it comes to comprehension, the bolded part carved out from the article could be of help- “President Jonathan had ample opportunity to implement some of the policy issues or even forward some of the recommendations that require legal and constitutional amendments to the National Assembly, but did not do so"

God bless Nigeria.
part of the confab recommendation is the 7 years for presidency nd gov,that makes a term instead of two.if jonathan impliment it prior to the election,what ll u say?if he decided to create some state acording to the confab prior to the election,what ll be ur reactions?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jonathan’s Confab Anti-north, Says ACF by DMerciful(m): 2:27pm On Jul 31, 2015
Why do you say we need a SNC vs a NC? Pls educate me.
Demdem:

NC - National Conference
SNC- Sovereign National Conference.
Jonah-daft made a blunder of repeating Obj's experiment.
Re: Jonathan’s Confab Anti-north, Says ACF by afroniger: 2:28pm On Jul 31, 2015
Chiaka:
Until Buhari & Tinubu implement true federalism as they faked to support during the campaign, APC means nothing to me but fraud!

Blame GEJ and not the APC which didn't support the whole confab to begin with. Obviously, Jonathan merely used the confab as a bargaining chip towards his reelection. He definitely could have sent it to a PDP-controlled national assembly to ensure its passage but chose to foot-drag for selfish purposes. It really pains me that he messed up that opportunity. It's naive to expect the APC to now do what he failed to do.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan’s Confab Anti-north, Says ACF by Demdem(m): 2:29pm On Jul 31, 2015
merry02:
u remain ignorance as am concern..a good leader ll always pray for a godd successor which I see in Jonathan statesmanship...even if buhari decides to emback on another conference today,there is no how each region ll be duely represented..favoritism,nepotism still strieve nd causing decadence to Nigeria Nation building..

u still made no sense. are u basically indicting Jonah-daft conference with the above also?
Check Jonah-daft list of Elder statesman once again and come back to tell me those who arent partisan among them especially in the PDP. By the way, presidency appointed them all. who will they trully and surely serve?

http://leadership.ng/news/352593/national-confab-jonathan-releases-list-492-delegates

1 Like

Re: Jonathan’s Confab Anti-north, Says ACF by illiad1(m): 2:33pm On Jul 31, 2015
Yeah

Anything that would progress nigeria is anti north

Yorubas thank you for all this kinda insults

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan’s Confab Anti-north, Says ACF by Whynotthetruth(m): 2:34pm On Jul 31, 2015
phyllosilicate:
Prior to the commencement of the confab, I read several protest from the North that they were not fairly represented, Jonathan turned a blind eye. Can you imagine the 3 regions in the north were represented by 189 people, while the 3 regions of the south were represented by 303 delegates.

With such reasoning as yours, one is forced to wish for the death of Nigeria as a country...Was all ethnic groups not equally represented?... So that NBA, NMA, NANS, or any other body or organ sent in a representative who coincidentally comes from the South, you hypocritically lump them altogether as southern candidates...

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan’s Confab Anti-north, Says ACF by Demdem(m): 2:34pm On Jul 31, 2015
DMerciful:
Just out of curiosity read the recommendations of the confab,I promise you ur mindset will change if you truly believe in sustainable progress for Nigeria

even OBjs NC report had some good recommendation but it was junked simply because peeps believe it was part of his third term agenda. Jonah-daft NC report also had good and very terrible recommendations also chief among which is more states creation.
Look, as long as they these reports will be subjected to the NASS then forget it. we are better of patching ourselves till a courageous leader from the south emerge.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan’s Confab Anti-north, Says ACF by Demdem(m): 2:35pm On Jul 31, 2015
DMerciful:
Why do you say we need a SNC vs a NC? Pls educate me.

please continue to read , i have carefully stated it.
Re: Jonathan’s Confab Anti-north, Says ACF by codeworks(m): 2:38pm On Jul 31, 2015
phyllosilicate:
Prior to the commencement of the confab, I read several protest from the North that they were not fairly represented, Jonathan turned a blind eye. Can you imagine the 3 regions in the north were represented by 189 people, while the 3 regions of the south were represented by 303 delegates.

Use same augment and tell me why we have more local governments in kano than lagos?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan’s Confab Anti-north, Says ACF by Demdem(m): 2:38pm On Jul 31, 2015
merry02:
part of the confab recommendation is the 7 years for presidency nd gov,that makes a term instead of two.if jonathan impliment it prior to the election,what ll u say?if he decided to create some state acording to the confab prior to the election,what ll be ur reactions?

Nonsense.
we are talking of a faulty foundation to a structure, u are here talking about re-adjusting the structure? which one do u think will last longer?
Who even told u that the vast majority of Nigerians dont really want to go back to regional system of govt as it was in the first repulblic? NC wont give u that neither will NASS give u such. tackle the root of ur problem and leave the shafts.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan’s Confab Anti-north, Says ACF by Chiaka(f): 2:39pm On Jul 31, 2015
The north got a lot of desert looking regions and most settlement are space so the claim of the number surprises me.! They don't have the number, in all elections children are even compelled to vote to justify the false claim plus number rigging even a former colonial lord confessed to that. If true federalism is implemented all these false claim will be needless

zilokontah:
I dear say the North do not possess the number as they claimed. They should have allowed Odimegwu to conduct a credible population after plugging the porous border.
The result would have shocked the world and indeed the North, who have carry on for too long with this injustice.

A land mass of what 80%, the contigous waters of Nigeria South, means the South is far larger than the North, if it consider a land mass of over 80% unhabitable desert/arid nature.

If they are already laying the groundwork for the SNC report to be ignored, they should come out straight with it instead of hidding under the guise of population statistic fraught with fraud.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan’s Confab Anti-north, Says ACF by Whynotthetruth(m): 2:39pm On Jul 31, 2015
phyllosilicate:
I am from the south south, and I support fiscal federalism. My is, if one is calling for a National dialogue, all regions should be fairly represented. And the delegate should be chosen by their people. Jonathan just hand picked people. Less call a spade a spade.

Bolded makes you both a liar and delusional...

Jonathan simply selected FEDERAL GOVERNMENT DELEGATES... other delegates of states, regions, organs, bodies etc were chosen independent of federal government interference and coincidentally chairman of confab is from North...

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan’s Confab Anti-north, Says ACF by Nov15: 2:41pm On Jul 31, 2015
The reports were submitted and GEJ had enough time to implement it, If Jonthan who set up the conference did not implement it, do you think it is Buhari that will implement it ?.

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan’s Confab Anti-north, Says ACF by DMerciful(m): 2:41pm On Jul 31, 2015
I totally agree with you....we need a SNC but I do not think a southern President can convene it cos the north by their numbers will block its actualization. The country as it is favours the North so every means to restructure or split will be resisted.
Demdem:

please continue to read , i have carefully stated it.
Re: Jonathan’s Confab Anti-north, Says ACF by codeworks(m): 2:41pm On Jul 31, 2015
EasternLion:
Who saw they are using North to say what they want to say?
We Arewa, we North.

But when it comes to us
.N/Delta, we Igbos, we Ijaws, SS, SE, Igbo nation.

Why not collectively answer East?
"Oh no, Igbo man wants our oil, Igbos will dominate us Niger Deltans".
Ok OK then use ur Original name Biafra.

"I am not Biafran oh, if u come to Cross River and shout Biafra, u will not go back alive".
"Biafra is for Igbos, we are N/Delta, I want resource control and amnesty money".

"Oh no, Nnamdi Kanu is spreading hate and seditious, we enlightened Igbos don't support him".

The North will always have their way.

One thing is keeping this country together. OIL.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan’s Confab Anti-north, Says ACF by Whynotthetruth(m): 2:42pm On Jul 31, 2015
phyllosilicate:
on Buhari appointment, I can't say for now until he has constituted his cabinet. We are not been fair on Him, I think. Buhari has mostly appointed security positions and in this type of appointments, you appoint those you trust. Like I said before, I am from SS, if I am the president today, do you expect my ADC, SCO, NSA, head of DSS, Chief of Army staff should come from the North? Or you want make hypertension kill me?
Jonathan appointed southerners in all this key security positions when he was elected, why people didn't notice was because he appointed his ministers along with them.

@bolded..kindly name a situation whereby Jonathan's security chiefs were All southerners.... Aren't shamed of lying openly or ignorantly

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan’s Confab Anti-north, Says ACF by Chiaka(f): 2:42pm On Jul 31, 2015
Oh thought you guys said he had no influence what so ever so how would he have influenced the conference......the conference couldn't have been influenced by him stop acting!

Demdem:

u still made no sense. are u basically indicting Jonah-daft conference with the above also?
Check Jonah-daft list of Elder statesman once again and come back to tell me those who arent partisan among them especially in the PDP. By the way, presidency appointed them all. who will they trully and surely serve?

1 Like

Re: Jonathan’s Confab Anti-north, Says ACF by illiad1(m): 2:44pm On Jul 31, 2015
EasternLion:
Who saw they are using North to say what they want to say?
We Arewa, we North.

But when it comes to us
.N/Delta, we Igbos, we Ijaws, SS, SE, Igbo nation.

Why not collectively answer East?
"Oh no, Igbo man wants our oil, Igbos will dominate us Niger Deltans".
Ok OK then use ur Original name Biafra.

"I am not Biafran oh, if u come to Cross River and shout Biafra, u will not go back alive".
"Biafra is for Igbos, we are N/Delta, I want resource control and amnesty money".

"Oh no, Nnamdi Kanu is spreading hate and seditious, we enlightened Igbos don't support him".

The North will always have their way.

My Brother, Southern Nigeria is the most. senseless set of people on earth, led by YORUBAS AND EVERY OTHER TRIBE SOUTH OF NIGERIA in a journey of eternal foolery.

you can see for yourself that yorubas would champion northern defense on this matter, followed by edos sobos and all of them claiming to be SS ND AND OTHER MISERABLE NAMES THEY CLAIM

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan’s Confab Anti-north, Says ACF by Chiaka(f): 2:44pm On Jul 31, 2015
DMerciful:
I totally agree with you....we need a SNC but I do not think a southern President can convene it cos the north by their numbers will block its actualization. The country as it is favours the North so every means to restructure or split will be resisted.

False the north don't have the number that was fraud! They got the number and they compel children to vote think again

1 Like

Re: Jonathan’s Confab Anti-north, Says ACF by Demdem(m): 2:46pm On Jul 31, 2015
DMerciful:

The kind of powers a Nigerian President has in his "federation" is such that no other President has (including the US) in their own federations. Our own President is just too powerful and with the right political will and sagacity, its not impossible

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan’s Confab Anti-north, Says ACF by onoja12: 2:46pm On Jul 31, 2015
YOU MUST BE CRAZY,A NATIONAL CONFERENCE THAT WAS DESIGN FOR ONE PART OF THE COUNTRY SHOULD BE IMPLEMENTED,MY FRIEND WAKE UP,IN A NATIONAL CONFERENCE ALL PARTIES MY DISAGREE TO AGREE NOT THE OTHER WAY ROUND

Vanquay:
Its an Abo*ki's Birthright to rule Nigeria......"Mindset of a typical Northerner".

If you are tired of being Oppressed stand up for your Rights instead of slithering and Planning like cowards. Moaning Bitches undecided
Re: Jonathan’s Confab Anti-north, Says ACF by Demdem(m): 2:49pm On Jul 31, 2015
Chiaka:
Oh thought you guys said he had no influence what so ever so how would he have influenced the conference......the conference couldn't have been influenced by him stop acting!

Really......i said no such thing. why wont he have influence? he organised a party, selected most of the people that will attend the party, determine the no go areas and fundamental rules for the party and even paid them and u think his opinion and interest wont be taken care off eh grin grin grin grin u gat jokes

1 Like

Re: Jonathan’s Confab Anti-north, Says ACF by freeage7(m): 2:49pm On Jul 31, 2015
Is the 1999 constitution not anti-south south? anti-all other regions except north.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan’s Confab Anti-north, Says ACF by Nobody: 2:49pm On Jul 31, 2015
All am saying is they should stop all this conspiracy, conference, counters conference and address their problems. Once their elbows are greased they keep quiet till their pockets get shallow again undecided
onoja12:
YOU MUST BE CRAZY,A NATIONAL CONFERENCE THAT WAS DESIGN FOR ONE PART OF THE COUNTRY SHOULD BE IMPLEMENTED,MY FRIEND WAKE UP,IN A NATIONAL CONFERENCE ALL PARTIES MY DISAGREE TO AGREE NOT THE OTHER WAY ROUND

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan’s Confab Anti-north, Says ACF by Chiaka(f): 2:50pm On Jul 31, 2015
Demdem:

even OBjs NC report had some good recommendation but it was junked simply because peeps believe it was part of his third term agenda. Jonah-daft NC report also had good and very terrible recommendations also chief among which is more states creation.
Look, as long as they these reports will be subjected to the NASS then forget it. we are better of patching ourselves till a courageous leader from the south emerge.

This system is bleeped a lot of things need to be addressed otherwise Nigeria will keep crawling , forget the deceptive change chant, somethings need to be addressed in the system before a meaningful and lasting change can exist!

1 Like

Re: Jonathan’s Confab Anti-north, Says ACF by Smooyis(m): 2:50pm On Jul 31, 2015
merry02:
Seven years in the hands of a bad leader is hell. I don't support that. A maximum of 5years is still acceptable.

Coming to the crux of the matter, am of the opinion that GEJ should have at least tried to push for the actualization of some of the recommendations of the conference through the National assembly, knowing how pivotal it is to the country growth and existence.

He could have been smarter in handling the whole process than he was.

My appeal though is for PMB to be fair enough to consider some of these recommendations in the interest of national unity.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan’s Confab Anti-north, Says ACF by bejeria101(m): 2:51pm On Jul 31, 2015
Awon oloshi,ara malu even if they hand naija over to them it would still be anti-north. Bunch of cow benders.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan’s Confab Anti-north, Says ACF by anonimi: 2:54pm On Jul 31, 2015
To be forewarned is to be forearmed taht is to say ni ede abinibi (mother tongue) Eni a wi fun Oba je ko gbo.

Before the election =>

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2026900_image_jpeg9f360c5ab7736510df54c882e9dbf188

After the election =>

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2595897_pmbappointmentsofar_jpegae2b0416b4af3fbde5680d20f4407172

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan’s Confab Anti-north, Says ACF by Ghost01(m): 2:58pm On Jul 31, 2015
Chiaka:
Until Buhari & Tinubu implement true federalism as they faked to support during the campaign, APC means nothing to me but fraud!
Ha-ha! See your life outside?!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Charms Seen At APC Secretariat In Delta (Photos) / Precious Chikwendu ‘Attempted To Withdraw Money’ From Account Under Watch – EFCC / Report Of Imo State Ward Congress Appeal Committee (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.