Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,339 members, 7,819,198 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:34 PM

Why is it that only Girls are asked to keep their virginity? - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why is it that only Girls are asked to keep their virginity? (40122 Views)

10 Categories Of Ladies That May Lose Their Virginity On Valentine’s Day / If You Are Asked To Marry Me Or Collect 100million Which One Will You Go For / See The Lies Nigerian Ladies Often Formulate To Guys For Losing Their Virginity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why is it that only Girls are asked to keep their virginity? by Kruzilano(m): 12:51am On Aug 06, 2015
wen a padlock is bin open by any type of key, that padlock becomes useless..... bt wen a single key opens all padlock, that key would be called "the maste
key"
Re: Why is it that only Girls are asked to keep their virginity? by scentmarlc(m): 12:51am On Aug 06, 2015
Namedonfinish !!......really?
Re: Why is it that only Girls are asked to keep their virginity? by ronald4lif(m): 1:01am On Aug 06, 2015
An2elect2:

Ok are you a grammarian? or you trying to impress? or whatever it is, i dey laugh.

Erm i dont see any confusion in what i have stated as my opinion which is based on my religious belief, morality and life experiences.

Any man who cannot bring his body under submission, cannot keep a home. You are going to be the head of a family someday, and there is no better time learning what it takes to be that, than now. So yes, men who indulge in sex, most times have only a wasted life to show when all is said and done.

I'd be passive on the snide remarks and address the point raised.

First off, your religious belief or religion is not a parameter for scrutinising sex and morality isn't a prerequisite for religion neither does religious doctrines define morality. Therefore, whatever your faith is, doesn't warrants you to call men who engages in sex unreal men, at least not on the premise of whatever you belief in.

Men who indulges in sex have wasted their life because you said so? Pure fallacy of logic. What has sex got to do with wasting one's life? Gazillions of men have been having sex for ages and their lives aren't wasted and they're doing well in their respective careers. There's no basis for you or anyone to allude that men who indulges are unreal men. You don't have the carte blanche to put markers on who real men should be or otherwise.
Re: Why is it that only Girls are asked to keep their virginity? by NgwaManNaija4LF(m): 1:02am On Aug 06, 2015
Virgin or none simple.
Re: Why is it that only Girls are asked to keep their virginity? by Nobody: 1:11am On Aug 06, 2015
scentmarlc:
Namedonfinish !!......really?
well i guess my moniker is better than urs.. tongue

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why is it that only Girls are asked to keep their virginity? by Gurgle(f): 1:13am On Aug 06, 2015
namedonfinish:

well i guess my moniker is better than urs.. tongue

its the best moniker ive ever seen hahahaha grin grin grin
Re: Why is it that only Girls are asked to keep their virginity? by Starships4u(m): 1:21am On Aug 06, 2015
shegsky:
But why is it that only girls are asked to keep their virginity? What about us men, eh? I have read a lot of posts and comments that talk about girls keeping their virginity, and some guys even insult those that are not virgins.

But my question is this: Is it only girls that are meant to keep their
virginity?

What about guys? And again how will a lady be able to keep her virginity when guys are always asking for sex then turn around and
insult her for losing it?
It is not only women that are expected to be pure, guys should be pure as well. You want a lady to be pure, yet,
you won't stop asking for sex. If she still refuses, you try to make her weak in her
defence. Yet, you will come online or elsewhere and shout about girls keeping
their virginity until marriage.. Are we immune to virginity?

Let’s stop asking ladies out, and even when they accept to date us, don't ask them for sex.

Help them to keep their
virginity until marriage and stop putting the whole virginity and purity struggle on them alone!

Just my humble opinion though.

Thanks!
Bros you de SLIN page on FB??
Re: Why is it that only Girls are asked to keep their virginity? by Nobody: 1:21am On Aug 06, 2015
Gurgle:

its the best moniker ive ever seen hahahaha grin grin grin
NOT FAIR U KNW... embarassed I FEEL LIKE CRYING AT UR SARCASM
Re: Why is it that only Girls are asked to keep their virginity? by Gurgle(f): 1:22am On Aug 06, 2015
namedonfinish:

NOT FAIR U KNW... embarassed I FEEL LIKE CRYING AT UR SARCASM

no im being serious hahaha I love it!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why is it that only Girls are asked to keep their virginity? by Nobody: 1:26am On Aug 06, 2015
[quote author=Gurgle post=36653883]
no I'm being serious humans I love it!![/quote thanks. but seriously i just couldnt tink of a name.
Re: Why is it that only Girls are asked to keep their virginity? by Gurgle(f): 1:27am On Aug 06, 2015
namedonfinish:

yeah I guessed tongue

Hopefully you don't get banned for anything otherwise how will you think of another crazy moniker haha
Re: Why is it that only Girls are asked to keep their virginity? by Nobody: 1:29am On Aug 06, 2015
Gurgle:

Yeah I have been thinking about this stuff a lot recently. Probably because of the stage in my life that im in like probably marrying soon. Trying to orientate myself in the right way

Well I heard that Eve thing as an argument against women leading in the church. Because men can follow a woman even when shes wrong, without really thinking about it. Women are too powerful, so they have to be kept limited somehow. What do you think?

I think all those traits, money-oriented, successful, sex-kitten are great for men. The problem is when they threaten his control or his perception of control. Of course men love educated women, esp Nigerian men. but if you purposefully use it to make him feel like an !idiot, keep rubbing it in his face for no reason or keep using it as an excuse to dodge your responsibility, he will complain. That's what I meant about being smart with our gifts. We don't need to talk about them all the time, just use them behind the scenes.

Of course there are a lot of men who are just insecure and no amount of strategy will stop them from trying to bring you down. But hopefully me and you will avoid such men in future wink But I do think we women can create a lot of problems for ourselves in that regard. Trying to engage in power struggles with our men I mean. It never works. This is David and Goliath stuff. We cant fight with them head to head, we have to go via a different avenue

Again, what do you think?
Wow yeah maybe when I'm ready to marry it will all settle in my head like it's doing for you.

Yeah I get what you meant about women having this kinda inbuilt power over men, especially in a psychological sense. I guess you could say we're their one weakness. But I'm not interested in being some dudes weakness, I just wanna be myself. Just a person. Hope that makes sense......

Like for example, nobody likes to feel like an idiot; whether male or female. So anyone that pushes their level of education down another persons throat will definitely be irritating. The thing for me is that is just on a human level, it doesn't have to be a different thing for men.

Women also like to be in control. Not because we're women, but because we're human. I hate that all these excuses are made for men when the majority of those traits are not just innate male nature but actually innate human nature. Y'know?

No power struggle as far as I'm concerned. I jus dey my lane, as you said. The sad thing is statements like 'use your gifts behind the scenes'. Behind which scenes? So males are the main characters in this life and we're what? The crew? An accessory for them? I can't tell my female daughters that. I don't even wanna have a girl child cause I can't honestly tell her that the world is her oyster.

Very melodramatic but this is a topic that bothers me.....
Re: Why is it that only Girls are asked to keep their virginity? by sonofananimal2: 1:49am On Aug 06, 2015
MrsPhyno:
i no know all these ones you people are saying

but as for me my husband must be a virgin o tongue
THAT MEANS YOUR HUSBAND MUST HAVE A VIRGINIA AND ALSO A PEN1S undecided
Re: Why is it that only Girls are asked to keep their virginity? by Nobody: 1:50am On Aug 06, 2015
[quote author=Gurgle post=36653942]

yeah I guessed tongue

Hopefully you don't get banned for anything otherwise how will you think of another crazy moniker haha[/quote
maybe den i will have to hijack seun's name...
na joke i dey ooo, before lala go begin moniter my movement for nairaland
Re: Why is it that only Girls are asked to keep their virginity? by Gurgle(f): 1:53am On Aug 06, 2015
MrsPhyno:

Wow yeah maybe when I'm ready to marry it will all settle in my head like it's doing for you.

Yeah I get what you meant about women having this kinda inbuilt power over men, especially in a psychological sense. I guess you could say we're their one weakness. But I'm not interested in being some dudes weakness, I just wanna be myself. Just a person. Hope that makes sense......

Like for example, nobody likes to feel like an idiot; whether male or female. So anyone that pushes their level of education down another persons throat will definitely be irritating. The thing for me is that is just on a human level, it doesn't have to be a different thing for men.

Women also like to be in control. Not because we're women, but because we're human. I hate that all these excuses are made for men when the majority of those traits are not just innate male nature but actually innate human nature. Y'know?

No power struggle as far as I'm concerned. I jus dey my lane, as you said. The sad thing is statements like 'use your gifts behind the scenes'. Behind which scenes? So males are the main characters in this life and we're what? The crew? An accessory for them? I can't tell my female daughters that. I don't even wanna have a girl child cause I can't honestly tell her that the world is her oyster.

Very melodramatic but this is a topic that bothers me.....

I agree with all of that but have you seen it work in practice? Like people just treating each other as people regardless of gender? I just think who and what you are always colours things even if only slightly, and even if they shouldnt

You don't want to be his weakness but you just are. for all the female bashing they do in these threads, guys do make absolute fools of themselves over women a lot of the time. by virtue of your cute face, youre already a weakness lol

nobody likes to feel like an idiot, of course not. but insult is added to injury when its your wife doing it (of course its also bad when your husbands doing it). it cant just be on a human level because every human has a sex. so it comes in one way or the other. I don't know how to explain it except that I know that biologically the need for control is a different phenomenon between men and women

Yeah I know it sounds sad but I just feel like that's the case. not that we are not the "main" characters of life, but somebody has to be the crew. Someone has to be the set manager, the backstage and the rest otherwise how will the show run? And im not really sad about it because it kind of makes sense as an answer. Like the way Jesus was a complete loser here on earth, the bottom of every pile, but now He's like cool in Heaven. The people who really win in life cant be seen at first glance. The people on the bottom are the ones controlling everything. it sucks to be at the bottom, but now that we're there, we might as well use it wisely. because just believing that you are actually on top doesn't make it so

1 Like

Re: Why is it that only Girls are asked to keep their virginity? by sonofananimal2: 1:54am On Aug 06, 2015
soloehis:
Reason
SO YOU CLASSIFIER YOUR PEN1S AS A MASTER KEY undecided

WHY NOT SHAPE YOUR PEN1S LIKE THE STRUCTURE OF A KEY SO THAT YOU CAN OPEN ANY DOOR undecided
Re: Why is it that only Girls are asked to keep their virginity? by Gurgle(f): 2:01am On Aug 06, 2015
namedonfinish:
maybe den i will have to hijack seun's name...
na joke i dey ooo, before lala go begin moniter my movement for nairaland

Lol very expensive joke

the next time I see you it will be laladonfinishnamedonfinish lol

1 Like

Re: Why is it that only Girls are asked to keep their virginity? by sonofananimal2: 2:06am On Aug 06, 2015
Kruzilano:
wen a padlock is bin open by any type of key, that padlock becomes useless..... bt wen a single key opens all padlock, that key would be called "the maste
key"
GOING BY YOUR THEORY, THAT'S MEANS ALL RAPIST HAVE A MASTER KEY undecided

WHAT IS WITH YOU PEOPLE AND MASTER KEYS angry
Re: Why is it that only Girls are asked to keep their virginity? by Nobody: 2:16am On Aug 06, 2015
Gurgle:

I agree with all of that but have you seen it work in practice? Like people just treating each other as people regardless of gender? I just think who and what you are always colours things even if only slightly, and even if they shouldnt

You don't want to be his weakness but you just are. for all the female bashing they do in these threads, guys do make absolute fools of themselves over women a lot of the time. by virtue of your cute face, youre already a weakness lol

nobody likes to feel like an idiot, of course not. but insult is added to injury when its your wife doing it (of course its also bad when your husbands doing it). it cant just be on a human level because every human has a sex. so it comes in one way or the other. I don't know how to explain it except that I know that biologically the need for control is a different phenomenon between men and women

Yeah I know it sounds sad but I just feel like that's the case. not that we are not the "main" characters of life, but somebody has to be the crew. Someone has to be the set manager, the backstage and the rest otherwise how will the show run? And im not really sad about it because it kind of makes sense as an answer. Like the way Jesus was a complete loser here on earth, the bottom of every pile, but now he's like cool in Heaven. The people who really win in life cant be seen at first glance. The people on the bottom are the ones controlling everything. it sucks to be at the bottom, but now that we're there, we might as well use it wisely. because just believing that you are actually on top doesn't make it so
As far as it working in practice, well... the closest thing I can get to that is raising my children like that. Eventually.

Men should just control themselves jare weakness kor meekness ni tongue Okay so then what's our weakness? We females?

I accept that they find certain things harder to take from a woman but I think that that's wrong. They should try to change. In fact I don tire for them self......

Please don't compare us to Jesus he died on a cross in his thirties... I want to have a happy an led fulfilled life here and still go to heaven
I don't wanna be anyone's behind the scenes crew no matter how nice you make it sound tongue Maybe by the time I'm older I'll change but I doubt it

in other news quickly run and check my DP cause I put up my pic so now u can know my face on this faceless forum.... I think I'm gonna take it down by tomorrow lol

1 Like

Re: Why is it that only Girls are asked to keep their virginity? by Gurgle(f): 2:18am On Aug 06, 2015
MrsPhyno:

As far as it working in practice, well... the closest thing I can get to that is raising my children like that. Eventually.

Men should just control themselves jare weakness kor meekness ni tongue Okay so then what's our weakness? We females?

I accept that they find certain things harder to take from a woman but I think that that's wrong. They should try to change. In fact I don tire for them self......

Please don't compare us to Jesus he died on a cross in his thirties... I want to have a happy an led fulfilled life here and still go to heaven
I don't wanna be anyone's behind the scenes crew no matter how nice you make it sound tongue Maybe by the time I'm older I'll change but I doubt it

in other news quickly run and check my DP cause I put up my pic so now u can know my face on this faceless forum.... I think I'm gonna take it down by tomorrow lol

Saw your picture, I'll modify later but let me just put it this way...you are SOO every guys weakness hahahaha kiss

Ok. so how do you see it from a religious perspective? Do you have any faith? because the bible urges women to be submissive so just curious to know your thoughts

females weakness is in this case is using our position in men's hearts to manipulate them and get what we want. In this case. I mean the case of us being their weakness. This is our reciprocal weakness.

I feel like its hard-wired though. I mean there are parts of this that I don't see as social issues but biological facts. that's why I don't really dispute some of it. for example its a fact that testosterone increases sex drive and aggressiveness in both sexes. so I can see why "konji" affects men so badly in random circumstances, even though I still think men should control themselves since theyre not animals. its not that im excusing it but I just understand it like that

Lool yeah just an example of the "underdog" scenario. If you don't want to take the backstage place, where will you go? theres only one main character lol and his name was written on the script
Re: Why is it that only Girls are asked to keep their virginity? by Nobody: 2:20am On Aug 06, 2015
Gurgle:

Saw your picture, I'll modify later but let me just put it this way...you are SOO every guys weakness hahahaha kiss
Puhleaaaaseee I'm blushing tongue

U know I'm a crazy feminazi I don't like statements like that angry

Thank you very much ma and pls do modify I'm eagerly awaiting ur response
Re: Why is it that only Girls are asked to keep their virginity? by Gurgle(f): 2:29am On Aug 06, 2015
MrsPhyno:

Puhleaaaaseee I'm blushing tongue

U know I'm a crazy feminazi I don't like statements like that angry

Thank you very much ma and pls do modify I'm eagerly awaiting ur response

are you a feminist/Nazi?

Anyway just get used to it because youre a beaut! kiss modifying
Re: Why is it that only Girls are asked to keep their virginity? by Nobody: 2:41am On Aug 06, 2015
sonofananimal2:
THAT MEANS YOUR HUSBAND MUST HAVE A VIRGINIA AND ALSO A PEN1S undecided
No it doesn't. It means he won't sleep with anyone but me his whole life tongue
Re: Why is it that only Girls are asked to keep their virginity? by Nobody: 2:44am On Aug 06, 2015
Gurgle:

are you a feminist/Nazi?

Anyway just get used to it because youre a beaut! kiss modifying
Nazi, no. grin
Feminist.... I think so. Kinda.
In the sense that I believe in total equality. Which is the definition of true feminism.

I think God is a feminist. After all, he's the great equalizer. Neither Jew nor Greek Man nor Woman Slave nor Free and all that stuff.

So... I'm a big believer in equality. This is kinda off topic but I think it's fair to say I am more antiracism than antisexism. So I have my priorities tongue

Lol what. Beaut ke. /bows low/ thanks very much
Re: Why is it that only Girls are asked to keep their virginity? by Gurgle(f): 2:47am On Aug 06, 2015
MrsPhyno:

Nazi, no. grin
Feminist.... I think so. Kinda.
In the sense that I believe in total equality. Which is the definition of true feminism.
I think God is a feminist. After all, he's the great equalizer. Neither Jew nor Greek Man nor Woman Slave nor Free and all that stuff.
So... I'm a big believer in equality. This is kinda off topic but I think it's fair to say I am more antiracism than antisexism. So I have my priorities tongue
Lol what. Beaut ke. /bows low/ thanks very much

sorry I meant Feminist/Feminazi loool, haha I know youre not a Nazi

You know sometimes I hear people saying God is a woman? and when I think of Him like that, He makes so much more sense to me lol

Yeah I did use that neither man nor woman line in a feminist thread but the guy I was talking to would accept it at all.

I believe in equality but I don't know how to explain, I just think we can be equal in different ways because the world is already fallen. so we cant all get what we want, people need to compromise. I don't know, educate me on why im wrong grin. **modified** NOT about racism. theres no compromise on that. I was talking about gender relations

Youre welcome sweet kiss
Re: Why is it that only Girls are asked to keep their virginity? by skyfullofstars(f): 2:55am On Aug 06, 2015
Thank you op.
Re: Why is it that only Girls are asked to keep their virginity? by Nobody: 3:34am On Aug 06, 2015
Gurgle:

Ok. so how do you see it from a religious perspective? Do you have any faith? because the bible urges women to be submissive so just curious to know your thoughts

females weakness is in this case is using our position in men's hearts to manipulate them and get what we want. In this case. I mean the case of us being their weakness. This is our reciprocal weakness.

I feel like its hard-wired though. I mean there are parts of this that I don't see as social issues but biological facts. that's why I don't really dispute some of it. for example its a fact that testosterone increases sex drive and aggressiveness in both sexes. so I can see why "konji" affects men so badly in random circumstances, even though I still think men should control themselves since theyre not animals. its not that im excusing it but I just understand it like that

Lool yeah just an example of the "underdog" scenario. If you don't want to take the backstage place, where will you go? theres only one main character lol and his name was written on the script
Yeah religion.... I am a Christian. The definition of submission is complex.... and tbh not being a submissive wife isn't the thing that's gonna take you to hell just like being one isn't gonna take you to heaven. So, that's not my priority. The tenets proscribed to men and women are largely the same so those are the ones I focus on. It is a direct command in the bible... But I just don't see how to really apply it in my life tbh. So until then I guess... You're the one who's getting married so tell me how it goes grin

Oh. The fact that we're their weakness is our weakness? I wouldn't know since I've never really had to exploit that before......

It is hard wired like you said. Not a man and never really had to live around men so I don't think I get it.... I just expect the least from people but want the most. So from a dude I like/respect a lot the biological excuses would be hard to take. Even tho I know the world at large isn't like that, maybe cause I'm kinda a manly(in the way I think) female, I want the same thing from everyone. Regardless of gender.

Babe.... One thing I can never accept is being anything but the lead in my own life's script. God himself won't allow it. Backstage? How can you say that so coolly embarassed

I'm not the loud type or the bossy type or anything in as much as I rant here on NL, so it's not like I hate following orders or need to be in charge. I just believe in calm equality. No need for shouting. Just mutual respect. Impossible right tongue

2 Likes

Re: Why is it that only Girls are asked to keep their virginity? by Nobody: 3:40am On Aug 06, 2015
jaymejate:
Brother if supporting this notion will take us to hell i still support. I mean i AGREE.
But do you guys will stop and also, do you think some girls can't stand living without sex. It is just the way and what the World is.

He/She that want the best for himself/herself should just stay away from sex.
Many don't know that sex is even a blood covenant btw two. Demonic girls are out there destroying destinies and lives still some he-goat nor go gree hear.

Ladies wey no pure again will SURELY regret and suffer at the end.

So it's choice, no 1 can force anyone.
BUT HE THAT HAS AN EAR, LET HIM HEAR!
what we have In the world today are people trying to force down morals by attaching very devilish and deceptive lies...while sex b4 marriage is immoral and sinful,do not attach demon and all dt as you wish, you're not the creator..
Re: Why is it that only Girls are asked to keep their virginity? by Nobody: 3:42am On Aug 06, 2015
Gurgle:

sorry I meant Feminist/Feminazi loool, haha I know youre not a Nazi

You know sometimes I hear people saying God is a woman? and when I think of Him like that, He makes so much more sense to me lol

Yeah I did use that neither man nor woman line in a feminist thread but the guy I was talking to would accept it at all.

I believe in equality but I don't know how to explain, I just think we can be equal in different ways because the world is already fallen. so we cant all get what we want, people need to compromise. I don't know, educate me on why im wrong grin. **modified** NOT about racism. theres no compromise on that. I was talking about gender relations

Youre welcome sweet kiss
God as a woman? Whoa. I mean, he has no human form sha (except Jesus ofc). But I think of God as a man. The best possible kind of man.

Men and hypocrisy are like bread and butter, they wanna quote the verse about submission but don't wanna quote other choice verses. Issorait. God dey. angry

I agree we can be 'different' equals (although that sounds a bit too Animal Farm-y for my taste) but I don't think those differences are based off of gender largely. People have different stratospheres in life *in MI's voice 'there are levels to this* which have little to do with gender. These things affect the kinda life they'll have and the choices they'll be forced to make, more so than even womanhood.

Yeah there are compromises and sacrifices to be made by why must it always be a woman making them? When in fairness, sacrifices should be split equally. That's what's right.
Re: Why is it that only Girls are asked to keep their virginity? by Gurgle(f): 3:51am On Aug 06, 2015
MrsPhyno:

Yeah religion.... I am a Christian. The definition of submission is complex.... and tbh not being a submissive wife isn't the thing that's gonna take you to hell just like being one isn't gonna take you to heaven. So, that's not my priority. The tenets proscribed to men and women are largely the same so those are the ones I focus on. It is a direct command in the bible... But I just don't see how to really apply it in my life tbh. So until then I guess... You're the one who's getting married so tell me how it goes grin

Oh. The fact that we're their weakness is our weakness? I wouldn't know since I've never really had to exploit that before......

It is hard wired like you said. Not a man and never really had to live around men so I don't think I get it.... I just expect the least from people but want the most. So from a dude I like/respect a lot the biological excuses would be hard to take. Even tho I know the world at large isn't like that, maybe cause I'm kinda a manly(in the way I think) female, I want the same thing from everyone. Regardless of gender.

Babe.... One thing I can never accept is being anything but the lead in my own life's script. God himself won't allow it. Backstage? How can you say that so coolly embarassed

I'm not the loud type or the bossy type or anything in as much as I rant here on NL, so it's not like I hate following orders or need to be in charge. I just believe in calm equality. No need for shouting. Just mutual respect. Impossible right tongue

Ok I want to sleep but so modifying tomorrow because I want to reply to this properly. Good mornight lol
Re: Why is it that only Girls are asked to keep their virginity? by Gurgle(f): 3:51am On Aug 06, 2015
MrsPhyno:

God as a woman? Whoa. I mean, he has no human form sha (except Jesus ofc). But I think of God as a man. The best possible kind of man.

Men and hypocrisy are like bread and butter, they wanna quote the verse about submission but don't wanna quote other choice verses. Issorait. God dey. angry

I agree we can be 'different' equals (although that sounds a bit too Animal Farm-y for my taste) but I don't think those differences are based off of gender largely. People have different stratospheres in life *in MI's voice 'there are levels to this* which have little to do with gender. These things affect the kinda life they'll have and the choices they'll be forced to make, more so than even womanhood.

Yeah there are compromises and sacrifices to be made by why must it always be a woman making them? When in fairness, sacrifices should be split equally. That's what's right.

Re: Why is it that only Girls are asked to keep their virginity? by ladiissweet: 4:06am On Aug 06, 2015
Ur smart n witty, just had to follow you.
Gurgle:

Yeah I have been thinking about this stuff a lot recently. Probably because of the stage in my life that im in like probably marrying soon. Trying to orientate myself in the right way

Well I heard that Eve thing as an argument against women leading in the church. Because men can follow a woman even when shes wrong, without really thinking about it. Women are too powerful, so they have to be kept limited somehow. What do you think?

I think all those traits, money-oriented, successful, sex-kitten are great for men. The problem is when they threaten his control or his perception of control. Of course men love educated women, esp Nigerian men. but if you purposefully use it to make him feel like an !idiot, keep rubbing it in his face for no reason or keep using it as an excuse to dodge your responsibility, he will complain. That's what I meant about being smart with our gifts. We don't need to talk about them all the time, just use them behind the scenes.

Of course there are a lot of men who are just insecure and no amount of strategy will stop them from trying to bring you down. But hopefully me and you will avoid such men in future wink But I do think we women can create a lot of problems for ourselves in that regard. Trying to engage in power struggles with our men I mean. It never works. This is David and Goliath stuff. We cant fight with them head to head, we have to go via a different avenue

Again, what do you think?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

9 Questions You Need To Ask Yourself Before Agreeing To Unprotected Sex - Meme / I Need Advise On What To Do About A Controversial Girlfriend / She Said I'm Too Gentle For Her

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 126
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.