Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,586 members, 7,820,115 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:00 AM

Importation Business As Plan 'B'. The Nitty Gritty. - Business (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Importation Business As Plan 'B'. The Nitty Gritty. (51856 Views)

Tricyle Business In Nigeria: The Nitty-gritty. / Is Your PLAN B Failing? Consider This Telecommunication Business / Do It Yourself Exportation Business Guide Free - Season The Nitty Gritty. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Importation Business As Plan 'B'. The Nitty Gritty. by winetapper: 1:03pm On Nov 24, 2015
grin

And someborry would be looking for eBook when Nairaland has every info FOC
Re: Importation Business As Plan 'B'. The Nitty Gritty. by abbeyforex(m): 7:25pm On Dec 03, 2015
Someone asked a question this morning on a shipping term "SHORT SHIP" and I answered to the best of my knowledge. It then occurred to me that we needed treat this for the purpose of those that will also like to get acquainted with this term. Read below:

Culled:

In the world of shipping, there’s plenty of lingo and terminology to be used. Whether these phrases are nicknames or just work to better describe a certain event, it’s important to know what it all means. Definitions can offer a thorough understanding as well as a way to better inform and serve customer bases of all sizes. From the very basics to the most complicated of shipping lingo, make sure each is understood and in your knowledge base before setting up your next shipment.

A few of the most basic terms, short ship and short land, come up more often than we’d like. But what do they mean? Is short shipping a good thing? Do we want to be short landed? Unfortunately, these terms are ones we hear once something has gone wrong. For instance:

Short Ship

Short ship refers to a shipment that didn’t quite meet its carrier. When a container reaches its terminal, and within its designated time slot, but is still left behind, it has been short shipped. Much like a piece of baggage that didn’t quite make it to the plane, containers are left to wait and find a later vessel that’s taking its same route.

However, there are a multitude of reasons as to why short shipping takes place, including schedule challenges, authority issues, misplaced containers, overbooking, and more. Vessels have to keep tight deadlines, as well as adhering to strict rules, and unfortunately, sometimes shipments get lost in the shuffle. Containers can also be left behind due to spacing issues, weight limits, or if hazardous material was found to be held inside a container. Keep in mind that short ship happens more often during peak season.

The Next Steps

After a container has been short shipped, there are various actions that can be taken. Depending on the reason for the delay, it’s a good idea to find the next available shipping opportunity so as to not inconvenience any customers. If a delay is too great, several parties can actually be held responsible if said delay led to any monetary loss; reduce this risk by delivering goods as soon as possible. Top performing logistics service providers contacts the customer proactively and lets them know their shipment cannot be processed, and why, as well as what needs to be done in order to meet legal requirements and delivery of their cargo.

Again, each situation will vary greatly, but it’s always best to take as many positive actions up front to avoid any further inconveniences later on.

Short Land

In contrast to short ship, short land describes a container that was not discharged from a ship, despite orders to do so. Rather than being left behind, these shipments are taken on a further or altered journey from their intended path. While differences certainly occur, the two terms can somewhat be seen as opposites.

With short landing, various reasons too are at fault. Weather can slow a vessel down, causing it to take shortcuts to gain back lost time. Destinations can be changed, meaning the ship didn’t stop at the short landed container’s stop, or correct arrangements may not have been made by the customer.

How to Follow Up

Short landed containers can often be more of a hassle, as rather than just being picked up, they may have to find another route home, traveling on any number of vessels in the process. Here, the logistics service provider works to right the schedule change as quickly as possible, even if the customer was at fault. Holding this extra material is taking up space that other cargo could hold; delivering each shipment as soon as possible helps companies stay more efficient and bring in more money.

Differences can often occur when delivery is delayed due to the customer, however this an aspect of miscommunication and the easier each situation is resolved, the more likely each working relationship can be kept in good standing.

While the basics may be the initial stepping stones to understanding a company, they are also a great way to help understand the theories behind it. From short ship to short land, the shipping liner industry has plenty to offer in the way of terms and phrases. Refer to the easy-to-follow explanations above for a quick shipping liner reference, any time of the year.
Re: Importation Business As Plan 'B'. The Nitty Gritty. by winetapper: 7:32pm On Dec 03, 2015
smiley

1 Like

Re: Importation Business As Plan 'B'. The Nitty Gritty. by abbeyforex(m): 11:52am On Dec 06, 2015
Tips to Increase Sales and have multiple orders on Jumia,Dealdey,Konga,Kaymu,OLX,Jiji e.t.c.

1. Ecommerce websites are online marketplace that allows people and businesses to sell products to interested buyers through product listing and auctions.Per day on an average, one mobile accessory and a beauty product is sold every minute, one Tablet is sold in every 11 minutes, Wristwatch sells on every 5minutes!!

2. Optimize Your Store &Product Description
*Multiple, high quality pictures of the item.
*Pictures should be in focus.
*Item description should include the color and size of the item and other key features.
*Supply a shipping charge for each item.
*Offer multiple shipping discounts to encourage buyers.
*Optimize product description with keywords.
*Write new keyword enriched content.

3. Build a Brand That People Can Trust . Online buyers cannot touch the items that you are selling, so you need to build trust by offering quality products. With this technique, customers will always love to come back to your store and re-order.

4. Drive more traffic to your store where your customers can make additional purchases.Consider starting a newsletter to promote new items to your customers.

5. Use Enhanced Listing Features:
*First photo - increases chances of selling by 15%
*Gallery - Typically sell for 12% more
*Subtitle - Typically sell for 10% more

Note: Want to boost Your ecommerce Sales and Profits? Interested to know the secret of selling on ecommerce platform and the type of products that sells fast, Why not consider joining us at PLAN B?

1 Like

Re: Importation Business As Plan 'B'. The Nitty Gritty. by evadreams(f): 9:31pm On Dec 14, 2015
[quote author=ExeatGhana post=37539941][/quote]

prettylassie22@gmail.com
Re: Importation Business As Plan 'B'. The Nitty Gritty. by abbeyforex(m): 7:42am On Dec 20, 2015
Something is brewing... And that's what was taking my time and not allowing me to come here and do some posting as before. In a little time, It will be let out but maybe not on this thread but in the PLAN B group!
Re: Importation Business As Plan 'B'. The Nitty Gritty. by Dymaco(m): 10:40am On Dec 20, 2015
abbeyforex:
Something is brewing... And that's what was taking my time and not allowing me to come here and do some posting as before. In a little time, It will be let out but maybe not on this thread but in the PLAN B group!

I want to join in your plan B
Re: Importation Business As Plan 'B'. The Nitty Gritty. by abbeyforex(m): 10:44am On Dec 20, 2015
Dymaco:

I want to join in your plan B

PM me
Re: Importation Business As Plan 'B'. The Nitty Gritty. by abbeyforex(m): 10:47am On Dec 20, 2015
They came up with this :

www.punchng.com/banks-stop-use-of-atm-cards-abroad/

Someone should join me to tell them that there is always a way out for us in the PLAN 'B' Group. F*ck them, F*ck their policy.

1 Like

Re: Importation Business As Plan 'B'. The Nitty Gritty. by Adikij(f): 9:43am On Dec 21, 2015
Please I would like to join your plan b group thanks in anticipation
Re: Importation Business As Plan 'B'. The Nitty Gritty. by winetapper: 11:03am On Dec 21, 2015
abbeyforex:
They came up with this :

Someone should join me to tell them that there is always a way out for us in the PLAN 'B' Group. F*ck them, F*ck their policy.
Uncle Abbey yaf vexgrin
Re: Importation Business As Plan 'B'. The Nitty Gritty. by jamarionj(m): 6:17pm On Dec 21, 2015
abbeyforex:
They came up with this :

The question is this? what other means do we survive in importation? Actually.... Naija No de carry last. GREAT PEOPLE, GREAT NATION!
Re: Importation Business As Plan 'B'. The Nitty Gritty. by snoopdg(m): 7:14pm On Dec 21, 2015
How can I be part of your plan B? I am interested
Re: Importation Business As Plan 'B'. The Nitty Gritty. by AMI3(m): 8:22pm On Dec 21, 2015
please let me be inn in this plan 'B' this policy is something else they don't know that most of us are surviving through this business.
Re: Importation Business As Plan 'B'. The Nitty Gritty. by abbeyforex(m): 8:55pm On Dec 21, 2015
Adikij:

PM me
Re: Importation Business As Plan 'B'. The Nitty Gritty. by abbeyforex(m): 8:57pm On Dec 21, 2015
winetapper:
Uncle Abbey yaf vexgrin
I vex seriously ooo,infact I double vex .
Re: Importation Business As Plan 'B'. The Nitty Gritty. by abbeyforex(m): 8:59pm On Dec 21, 2015
Adikij:

PM me
Re: Importation Business As Plan 'B'. The Nitty Gritty. by abbeyforex(m): 9:07pm On Dec 21, 2015
snoopdg:
How can I be part of your plan B? I am interested

PM me .
Re: Importation Business As Plan 'B'. The Nitty Gritty. by Olumide2015: 11:11pm On Dec 21, 2015
Pls help us drop ur whatsapp number nd ur facebook id.Merry Xmass to u nd everybody in d house in advance.
Re: Importation Business As Plan 'B'. The Nitty Gritty. by abbeyforex(m): 7:55am On Dec 24, 2015
Olumide2015:
Pls help us drop ur whatsapp number nd ur facebook id.Merry Xmass to u nd everybody in d house in advance.

Whatsapp number is 08035018559 (no call pls), 08125011267 (call) and facebook id is AbbeyForex
Re: Importation Business As Plan 'B'. The Nitty Gritty. by abbeyforex(m): 8:01am On Dec 24, 2015
Hello @all,
With the rate people are complaining on the exchange rate and taking decision to quit importation business,I feel tempted to discuss my primary business (The Forex Market) as PLAN B but am not convinced yet. Being a Forex Trader,what is happening presently is an answer to prayer,though not to every Forex traders but to the TRAINED EYES. What do you think ?
Re: Importation Business As Plan 'B'. The Nitty Gritty. by abbeyforex(m): 1:39pm On Dec 31, 2015
Dear Followers,

It's time to say goodbye to the old calendar, step into the New Year 2016 and grasp all the opportunities, fresh ideas and success it has to offer!

In the year to come, we promise to continue our good old tradition of improving the quality of our services and catering to our followers.

The Plan B team wishes you courage, resolve, joy and success in reaching your cherished goals! May the New Year holidays bring you relaxation and inspire you for the whole next year!

Failthfully yours,
Plan 'B' Team

Re: Importation Business As Plan 'B'. The Nitty Gritty. by richysam(m): 2:38pm On Dec 31, 2015
abbeyforex:
Dear Followers,

It's time to say goodbye to the old calendar, step into the New Year 2016 and grasp all the opportunities, fresh ideas and success it has to offer!

In the year to come, we promise to continue our good old tradition of improving the quality of our services and catering to our followers.

The Plan B team wishes you courage, resolve, joy and success in reaching your cherished goals! May the New Year holidays bring you relaxation and inspire you for the whole next year!

Failthfully yours,
Plan 'B' Team
Good day sir,
pls is there any means in which I could be imputed to ur IMPORT BIZ PLAN B program?, I would love to be involve to benefit from ur business ideas.

thank you.
Re: Importation Business As Plan 'B'. The Nitty Gritty. by winetapper: 8:03pm On Dec 31, 2015
abbeyforex:
Dear Followers,

Failthfully yours,
Plan 'B' Team
We wish you and your Team same too. Enjoy smiley
My Plan B next year is being carefully loading I must get my aim IN Jesus Name Amen cheesy
Re: Importation Business As Plan 'B'. The Nitty Gritty. by abbeyforex(m): 1:03am On Jan 05, 2016
richysam:
Good day sir,
pls is there any means in which I could be imputed to ur IMPORT BIZ PLAN B program?, I would love to be involve to benefit from ur business ideas.

thank you.

Yes !
Re: Importation Business As Plan 'B'. The Nitty Gritty. by richysam(m): 3:41pm On Jan 05, 2016
abbeyforex:

Yes !
wow these is great thank you so much..... so hw can I go about it?
Re: Importation Business As Plan 'B'. The Nitty Gritty. by abbeyforex(m): 12:46am On Jan 06, 2016
richysam:
wow these is great thank you so much..... so hw can I go about it?

PM me on whatsapp.
Re: Importation Business As Plan 'B'. The Nitty Gritty. by richysam(m): 3:10am On Jan 06, 2016
abbeyforex:

PM me on whatsapp.
OK sire your whatsapp contact pls?
Re: Importation Business As Plan 'B'. The Nitty Gritty. by Mcleo007(m): 12:53pm On Jan 06, 2016
Hello everyone, happy new year to you.

This is informing everybody that we're now back for business. We look forward to improving on our services from where we left off last year.

Thanks for the patronage.

Yours,
IBL LOGISTICS.
Re: Importation Business As Plan 'B'. The Nitty Gritty. by abbeyforex(m): 4:54pm On Jan 06, 2016
richysam:
OK sire your whatsapp contact pls?
Check my signature .
Re: Importation Business As Plan 'B'. The Nitty Gritty. by whiteeye(m): 10:52pm On Jan 06, 2016
Hello Abbeyforex, kindly add me to ur plan B group
Re: Importation Business As Plan 'B'. The Nitty Gritty. by abbeyforex(m): 8:11am On Jan 07, 2016
Minimum selling price and no of sellers:
Kaymu :#9,999 (3 sellers)
Konga: #10,999 (9 sellers)
Jumia: #14,249 (2 sellers)
Dealdey:#7,999 (last seller sold 154 pieces within 7 days of posting the deal,no one selling yet)
Olx: no seller
Jiji: no seller
Alibaba: $15 (#4,050)
Taobao: 99 RMB (#4,455)
1688: 75 yuan (#3,375)

I also got info that Home Category products accounted for 45% of all deals sold on Dealdey between October 2015 and this time. The item is among the Top 10 products sold for the last 3 months. This and many more is our benefit for joining the winning team Plan B.

Is your Plan 'B' in place yet for 2016 ? This is what we know how to do best because it's all about Peaceful Wealth.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (19) (Reply)

How A Man Got Duped Of $30,000 Inside FCMB In Lagos - Photos / Dangote Refinery Takes Delivery Of Gigantic Distillation Component In Lekki.PICS / Are You In Lagos? Don't Visit The ATM On Friday !!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.