Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,412 members, 7,822,922 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:29 PM

You Are Single: Are You Lonely? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / You Are Single: Are You Lonely? (17026 Views)

Things To Do On Valentine's Day If You Are Single. / Join The Conversation, Tell Us Why You Are Single **might Find Your Match Here** / Marry A Chinese Man - A lot of them are Single and Hungry for a Woman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: You Are Single: Are You Lonely? by ocho(f): 6:40pm On Nov 15, 2005
i'm with u on the freedom issue grin
Re: You Are Single: Are You Lonely? by Kenya(f): 10:17am On Nov 16, 2005
Now I am a woman without a reasonable doubt and I truly understand the womans liberation from being in an oppressive male dominant society throughout the world where women are raised and forced to live our lives according to their standards of a woman and more. ( I also know this to be more of the Caucasian womans struggle, more than the African woman)

For me it's different though, I was not subjected to male dominance in my household or community, instead I was taught greatness mostly by men. Of course male dominance is different for African American women due to the conditions of our men and where we live. I seen it but i was not subjected to it. We almost crave a man to be forceful in some ways but not restricting. Our men say that we are too forceful smiley and that we act like men. (Very true in most regards)

Some of my friends who were born in Africa tell me about how lot's of men in Africa are possessive and controlling. Is this the freedom that you are speaking of? 
I'm trying to understand because other wise it sounds like the influence of the European or Caucasian woman, which we know that her image has influence us so much that we have blue eyes and blond hair.

Help me understand?
Wisdom please
Re: You Are Single: Are You Lonely? by allonym: 10:18am On Nov 16, 2005
freedom to do what exactly?

prettyH:

i beg to disagree to an extent.I don't always have a boyfriend but i get lonely because you're nt able to call up someone and tell them how your day went. Or even your ups and downs. Some1 who'll understand and nt judge u. Gosh, honestly at times being single makes u lonely especially if all your friends r nt. But men d freedom u av is immeasurable.

ocho:

i'm with u on the freedom issue grin
Re: You Are Single: Are You Lonely? by CimonJorr(m): 11:02am On Nov 16, 2005
@ Kenya..

The psyche of the African Man is quite complex.. I'm not even sure if I'm qualified to comment on it.. But I may be able to shed some light on some of his attributes.. Allow me some time to gather my thots on this matter..

For all the African Men out there, I need some help please.. grin wink
Re: You Are Single: Are You Lonely? by whiteshark(m): 11:30am On Nov 16, 2005
we are now driving the bus here.... please stick with the topic.
Re: You Are Single: Are You Lonely? by Kenya(f): 11:36am On Nov 16, 2005
I think it's still on the topic,
It's about the freedom some people expressed that they enjoyed in being single which caused them to not be lonely.
I think a deeper level of it has been brought up,

but okay you win this one wink I'll let it go and stick to the basics.

The thing about me is that most times I want to go deeper for some reason.
Re: You Are Single: Are You Lonely? by whiteshark(m): 11:48am On Nov 16, 2005
thanks, thats good reasoning.. I may not have anything to say here per say cos I never ever get lonely but I am amused by some of the posts in here ... ... lets have it then..
Re: You Are Single: Are You Lonely? by loveth(f): 4:09pm On Nov 16, 2005
amuseeeeeeeee
Re: You Are Single: Are You Lonely? by icingbaby(f): 2:05am On Nov 17, 2005
@codec I'm still single and it's still the best thing. smiley
Re: You Are Single: Are You Lonely? by Nobody: 3:13am On Nov 17, 2005
icingbaby:

@codec I'm still single and it's still the best thing. smiley
@icingbaby are u sure u are not lonely or rather S S S
Re: You Are Single: Are You Lonely? by lioness(f): 2:10pm On Nov 17, 2005
There ain't nothing "best" about being single. It could be good and convenient but it sure aint the best men.
Re: You Are Single: Are You Lonely? by loveth(f): 2:30pm On Nov 17, 2005
Yes is never the best.
Re: You Are Single: Are You Lonely? by legry(m): 6:22pm On Nov 17, 2005
Whiteshark you are a very lonely man please dont cry cry cry cry i know it you know it and we can help you everyone lets cry cry cry cry cry cry with whiteshark it would make him feel better, comeone whiteshark im your friend you know( grin grin grin grin)
Re: You Are Single: Are You Lonely? by Nobody: 10:15pm On Nov 17, 2005
legry:

Whiteshark you are a very lonely man please don't cry cry cry cry i know it you know it and we can help you everyone lets cry cry cry cry cry cry with whiteshark it would make him feel better, comeone whiteshark im your friend you know( grin grin grin grin)
Definitely cry cry cry
Re: You Are Single: Are You Lonely? by whiteshark(m): 10:18pm On Nov 17, 2005
ahhhh  .... LEGRYYYYY.   U r welcome from prison... wen did u get out ehn?? we have missed u sha, well well indeed. I hope u have stop pieffring chickens and stuff oh.. U know how difficult it was for us to secure ur bail... no yawa sha, tis all good.

Re: You Are Single: Are You Lonely? by whiteshark(m): 10:20pm On Nov 17, 2005
@ queenzy.......... grin grin grin.......U wan come test mi? cheesy cheesy cheesy... Nor 4low legs oh...nah bad news him be..
Re: You Are Single: Are You Lonely? by Nobody: 10:28pm On Nov 17, 2005
whiteshark:

@ queenzy.......... grin grin grin.U wan come test mi? cheesy cheesy cheesy... Nor 4low legs oh...nah bad news him be..
U no serious at all
Re: You Are Single: Are You Lonely? by whiteshark(m): 10:49pm On Nov 17, 2005
well, nah u know... A word dem say is enuff 4 d wise
Re: You Are Single: Are You Lonely? by icingbaby(f): 11:41pm On Nov 17, 2005
QUEENZY:

@icingbaby are u sure u are not lonely or rather S S S
I'm sure that I'm not lonely or rather S S S, I'm haven the best time of my life, why would I be lonely when I have homegirls, homeboys and family around me all the time to keep me happy.
Re: You Are Single: Are You Lonely? by Nobody: 12:03am On Nov 18, 2005
icingbaby:

I'm sure that I'm not lonely or rather S S S, I'm haven the best time of my life, why would I be lonely when I have homegirls, homeboys and family around me all the time to keep me happy.
Hi,how are u doin? grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy
Re: You Are Single: Are You Lonely? by icingbaby(f): 1:24am On Nov 18, 2005
I'm doing fine grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy
Re: You Are Single: Are You Lonely? by legry(m): 10:40am On Nov 18, 2005
whiteshark:

ahhhh .... LEGRYYYYY. U r welcome from prison... when did u get out ehn?? we have missed u sha, well well indeed. I hope u have stop pieffring chickens and stuff oh.. U know how difficult it was for us to secure your bail... no yawa sha, tis all good.

Whiteshark nice one grin grin grin now you are going to get it from me boy o boy you are in trouble
Re: You Are Single: Are You Lonely? by Alexia(f): 11:31am On Nov 18, 2005
Loneliness is all in the head. One needs to be in a right state of mind to overcome the trying situations in life, whether u have a partner or not.
I think that you can feel lonely even when you've got a partner because you may be facing a situation or sorrow others don't understand or that you find you can't properly share. It's not all about having someone by u, it's much deeper than that. So single or not, loneliness can affect everybody.
Re: You Are Single: Are You Lonely? by loveth(f): 12:24pm On Nov 18, 2005
@Alexia
There are symptoms of truth in this post of yours.
Re: You Are Single: Are You Lonely? by whiteshark(m): 12:40pm On Nov 18, 2005
@ legs, bring it on mate.... grin grin grin
Re: You Are Single: Are You Lonely? by loveth(f): 3:34pm On Nov 18, 2005
smiley
Re: You Are Single: Are You Lonely? by prettyH(f): 7:09pm On Nov 18, 2005
@ alexia

u're right
Re: You Are Single: Are You Lonely? by whiteshark(m): 2:32am On Nov 19, 2005
I am prayin 4 all u single guy/gals though, something must happen soon in ......... name . Say Amen
Re: You Are Single: Are You Lonely? by ocho(f): 2:38am On Nov 19, 2005
boy! na now i know say u don craze cheesy
Re: You Are Single: Are You Lonely? by whiteshark(m): 2:45am On Nov 19, 2005
and I sincerlly believe thats why u sent me that love letter abi?? U like them mad I know but plase take anoda good look around... U nor see Seun or b4
Re: You Are Single: Are You Lonely? by ocho(f): 2:49am On Nov 19, 2005
watin? ok, once again u don misplase me, abeg do quick find me. watin do seun and ? who be ?
Re: You Are Single: Are You Lonely? by whiteshark(m): 2:58am On Nov 19, 2005
ocho:

boy! na now i know say u don craze cheesy

I am saying I know that u love me because u presume that I may be mad but I tell u that you have more crazy people in the land ( Seun and grin grin cheesy) so if nah mad man u want, u know wer to look 4 dem now abi?..........This advice is free in total..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Two Lovers Having Raw Sex In My Bathroom (pics) / Can A Woman Get Pregnant This Way Without Loosing Her Virginity??? / Your Experiences With A Nairalander

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.