Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,773 members, 7,817,163 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:27 AM

You Are Single: Are You Lonely? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / You Are Single: Are You Lonely? (17020 Views)

Things To Do On Valentine's Day If You Are Single. / Join The Conversation, Tell Us Why You Are Single **might Find Your Match Here** / Marry A Chinese Man - A lot of them are Single and Hungry for a Woman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: You Are Single: Are You Lonely? by obj(m): 9:42pm On Oct 27, 2005
u definately are.look lets face it, life is about relationships.we spend a great part of our life looking for soulmates of either gender, and wheen we do our lives become more fulfilled.being single might be an individual choice, but for those that make that choice they would rather have someone than not.single sucks!moi? definately not!
Re: You Are Single: Are You Lonely? by Trooper(m): 6:53am On Oct 29, 2005
Getting better every day, all what I need right now are steaks, beer and Malboro's.
Re: You Are Single: Are You Lonely? by WesleyanA(f): 7:03pm On Oct 29, 2005
Malboro's. isn't that expensive. get a cheaper brand.
Re: You Are Single: Are You Lonely? by Trooper(m): 7:15pm On Oct 29, 2005
@ WesleyanA, who wants to die the cheap way ?
Re: You Are Single: Are You Lonely? by WesleyanA(f): 7:18pm On Oct 29, 2005
hahahahahaha cheesy
Re: You Are Single: Are You Lonely? by whiteshark(m): 10:49pm On Oct 29, 2005
abi
Re: You Are Single: Are You Lonely? by hotangel2(f): 10:50pm On Oct 29, 2005
hahah trooper is back with his funny lines.
Re: You Are Single: Are You Lonely? by Trooper(m): 12:07am On Oct 30, 2005
@ hot-angel, well this time I'm speaking the truth. I'm not always joking.....just want to get this chick out of my head. Hope you had a good night sleep yesterday
Re: You Are Single: Are You Lonely? by hotangel2(f): 1:00am On Oct 30, 2005
lol.. awww. I slept by 6:00am woke up by 2:00pm. Dreamt abt nothing!
Re: You Are Single: Are You Lonely? by Kenya(f): 7:33am On Oct 30, 2005
Well tonight i didn't read all of the previous post.

It's funny that I ran across this thread because as of late i have been comming into the realization of me being lonely. I struggled with this because when you think of lonely you think of being UN-happy, depressed or things like that.
Clearly I'm comfortable, stable and happy with my self. 

Not to be arrogant or anyting associated with it but i acknowledge that I'm 28yrs old, no children, I have a very good job, F.T. student, I live on my own in a nice place, I take good care of myself in most regards, I'm beautiful inside and out and i have great stride and a beautiful personality, I'm single with no special male friends,I have a great community, family & social life, I'm established and accomplished in some ways, I have so many good and great qualities, of coarse i have my not so good things about me.

I'm focusing on these things just to point out that I have allot working for me that i am grateful for. Yeah I know, the typical person Will say just focus on your life and keep moving along, you're on the right track and so on. I do believe these things, however I am a human being and when nature calls, she calls. As women and men we can only reach so many levels on our own until we reach a dead end. The only way to turn the dead end into a new road is with our significant other. We can only do so much on our own. This single life i live is driving me crazy and the longer i stay single, the harder it becomes for me to connect with someone. It becomes harder because i have so much time to think about everything else as a priority, wen i should be seeing family and community as more of a priority. I'm grateful for the time alone because it has truly helped me enhance my character and now it's time to move to a new level of my life with someone else to share and grow with.

It's not about sex, money or materials completely. I said completely because yes, being with a stable man, who's able to maintain, protect and provide is very important, but there are other factors.
It's about the balance, harmony, the future, enhancement and just plain ole life.
So yes I'm lonely, but not UN-happy with my self, just my current circumstances. The bottom line is that I'm ready to love and when we reach this stage in our lives we are lonely until it's fulfilled.  I don't like this lonely life. I have all of these beautiful things inside of me with no-one to share them with. I want a family and all. Yes,  the maintenances going to be work but I'm willing.

I'm sleepy and just venting but i do believe these things.
Re: You Are Single: Are You Lonely? by Kenya(f): 7:34am On Oct 30, 2005
Sorry most times i don't realize that i type so many words. I'll try to keep it shorter. lol grin grin
Re: You Are Single: Are You Lonely? by CimonJorr(m): 9:33am On Oct 30, 2005
there's nothing wrong with the length.. trust me.. wink
Re: You Are Single: Are You Lonely? by Trooper(m): 10:17am On Oct 30, 2005
@ Kenya - Thank you for your very strong statement. I like it very much.
Re: You Are Single: Are You Lonely? by Chanfb(f): 3:16am On Oct 31, 2005
I used to be classified as being "Single and Lonely".  This has recently changed for me.  For the as long as I could remember I often suffered from being alone but it took the agape love of my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ to change that.  I am in perfect peace with being single until the time comes when the Lord blesses me with the husband he has for me.  I want to encourage every single man and woman that during the time of being single to focus on things that will not only equip but prepare you for your future and possibly your marriage.  Once you change your focus off of seeking to get married and focus on doing things for yourself and taking care of other things you will see you will not be worrying like you have before.
Re: You Are Single: Are You Lonely? by dammie(m): 1:29pm On Oct 31, 2005
Well, from my own point of view i think if you are single, you are damn lonley. Lonliness does not only implies not having someone to hang out with or chat with. I call all those physical lonliness, if you are single, you are experiencing lonliness of the heart..... you'll have too much empty space that is supposed to be filled with thoughts or memories of a very special person.
The thoughts that you dont have a companion to hold you down during rainy days alone is enough to make you feel veeeery lonley. Even though you have lots of people that care about you, you'll still know deep down that it's so unlike having that "special" person that really knows when to make you smile. The bottom line is that all other people around you are gold, silver, brass and what have you. But that special person is a DIAMOND.... very rare and special.
Re: You Are Single: Are You Lonely? by rhoney(f): 3:10pm On Oct 31, 2005
ofcourse you are lonely. Do you want to tell me you dont miss all the good things you used to do with your EX.
Re: You Are Single: Are You Lonely? by kazey(m): 5:49pm On Nov 03, 2005
I am lonely today sad, the whole city is dry, nobody to go out with, everybody is busy doing their stuffs, I am free. Almost rang my ex, but stood still and well its ok now . I think :-?
Re: You Are Single: Are You Lonely? by nddy(m): 7:02pm On Nov 03, 2005
LONELY - AKON
Re: You Are Single: Are You Lonely? by osofuye(m): 6:30pm On Nov 05, 2005
nike abeg to be single is to be lonely ooooooooooo!!!
i hate my dad for keeping indoor for so longgg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

if u are single now abeg get out of it plsssssssssssssssssssss, just for my sake.

ok?
Re: You Are Single: Are You Lonely? by nana(f): 11:07pm On Nov 05, 2005
being single does not make me lonely because am still as happy as someone occupied.
Re: You Are Single: Are You Lonely? by WesleyanA(f): 6:13pm On Nov 06, 2005
you get to go to the mall and plan stuff with your girlfriends too. cheesy
Re: You Are Single: Are You Lonely? by Kenya(f): 9:52am On Nov 07, 2005
I don't think that being single makes you lonely. I just think that when you're single with no special friends in your life, you will become lonely at some point.

Being single and having someone that you sleep with, have fun with, with no attachments is a completely different thing.
Re: You Are Single: Are You Lonely? by ocho(f): 11:17pm On Nov 07, 2005
i am single right now and i honestly wouldn't say i am lonley, not at all. I am doing just fine!
Re: You Are Single: Are You Lonely? by whiteshark(m): 10:37pm On Nov 08, 2005
If eva u r lonely, dial my number... tis not nine not eleven dozen dozen dozen....... 4 d famale folks only
Re: You Are Single: Are You Lonely? by beckson121(f): 10:19pm On Nov 14, 2005
yea there are times when we the youths feel lonely is actually normal but it depends on the kind of person someone is if not consider Akon's song "lonely". Just be ur self and dont freeze!!! k wink
Re: You Are Single: Are You Lonely? by Kenya(f): 6:33am On Nov 15, 2005
One thing that I noticed in the last 5yrs is how many men are not afraid to say they are lonely, Even the play boys.
The one's I've come in contact with don't see it as a negative thing but a natural thing when the most important aspect of human relations is not being fulfilled.
It doesn't seem to be the same way for women now a days.
It seems that women see being lonely as a self esteem issue where they are not happy with them selves. I wonder about the truth of that.
It seems that the world is or had raised women to be independent of men till the point of her feeling that she can do without him or that her needing him is a sign of weakness.

I thought men and women were made for each other?

God doesn't have a woman or a wife.

I'm puzzled

Any thoughts?
Re: You Are Single: Are You Lonely? by whiteshark(m): 7:09am On Nov 15, 2005
R u guys still lonely wit all the new and exciting thing going on in the world today nah wa sha..
Re: You Are Single: Are You Lonely? by CimonJorr(m): 10:14am On Nov 15, 2005
I guess this is one of the results of the 'natural' progression which society has made in the course of gender equality and womens' rights..

By this I mean, when a woman is "freed" from being dependent on any man for her needs or wants, the natural trend is to see men as nothing more than a convenience.. to use a very popular phrase these days, to see men nothing more as "Sperm Donors"... Hence the perception that they can do without men in their lives.. They do not wish (rightly or wrongly) to be subjugated to any man's authority.. Or submissive to his person.. They believe that allowing any man a say over their lives would be tantamount to loosing all they've struggled for all this while..

I guess this would be why they would be willing to stand alone, and make do without the comfort and security provided by being in a relationship with any man..

Kenya:

One thing that I noticed in the last 5yrs is how many men are not afraid to say they are lonely, Even the play boys.
The one's I've come in contact with don't see it as a negative thing but a natural thing when the most important aspect of human relations is not being fulfilled.
It doesn't seem to be the same way for women now a days.
It seems that women see being lonely as a self esteem issue where they are not happy with them selves. I wonder about the truth of that.
It seems that the world is or had raised women to be independent of men till the point of her feeling that she can do without him or that her needing him is a sign of weakness.

I thought men and women were made for each other?

God doesn't have a woman or a wife.

I'm puzzled

Any thoughts?
Re: You Are Single: Are You Lonely? by Z4M4eva(f): 10:24am On Nov 15, 2005
Uhmm, it depends if u are USED to always having a partner, if that's da case, then u will definately be lonely when single, but if u da type that are mostly without a partner, then u don't get lonely, u just feel like,ummm...NORMAL,i guess
Re: You Are Single: Are You Lonely? by loveth(f): 1:28pm On Nov 15, 2005
That's true my dear.
Re: You Are Single: Are You Lonely? by Z4M4eva(f): 1:32pm On Nov 15, 2005
I'm glad u share my opinion smiley
Re: You Are Single: Are You Lonely? by prettyH(f): 3:44pm On Nov 15, 2005
Z4M4eva:

Uhmm, it depends if u are USED to always having a partner, if that's da case, then u will definately be lonely when single, but if u da type that are mostly without a partner, then u don't get lonely, u just feel like,ummm...NORMAL,i guess
i beg to disagree to an extent.I don't always have a boyfriend but i get lonely cos u r nt able to call up some1 and tell them how ur day went. Or even ur ups and downs. Some1 who'll understand and nt judge u. Gosh, honestly at times being single makes u lonely especially if all ur friends r nt. But men d freedom u av is immeasurable.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

No Topic! / My Experience With A Babalawo / Can A Woman Get Pregnant This Way Without Loosing Her Virginity???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.