Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,744 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:39 AM

When your maid becomes the madam. - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / When your maid becomes the madam. (79199 Views)

My Madam And Me / "Your Husband Has Been Having Sex With Me" - 13-Year-Old Maid Tells Her Madam / Would You Forgive Your Husband Who Got Your Maid Pregnant? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When your maid becomes the madam. by ideykwum: 6:11am On Aug 14, 2015
I think it's largely because a majority of the men who would support you just read and not comment! I just learnt to start contributing to the Romance section! But politics and business would bring me out any day!

Most of the guys who comment on the Romance section aren't bad either, but some out of mischief, childishness, or just to be the enfant terrible, would say anything! wink

Don't let it colour your view of Nigerian men! I also believe social media has also helped highlight issues that were usually swept under the carpet; personally, some of the stories on Nairaland shock me! "Man rapess 3 year old"; Pastor rapes 13 year student" etc! There will always be aberrations in the society, but let's not allow our shock to stereotype our perception of reality. If I use some of the female comments as yardstick, I wouldn't go far in appreciating that wonderful creature called the Nigerian woman!

Having said all that, I must commend your use of words and your stance on child labour! Of the many evils in our society, this one is just heart-breaking! Evil thrives when good men/women do nothing! Thanks for being a good woman!

cococandy:

Well from their comments it does seem like they do. Any attempt to preach otherwise is frowned upon.

4 Likes

Re: When your maid becomes the madam. by Nobody: 6:13am On Aug 14, 2015
cococandy:
Mtchew
You go mtcheww na,na ur type of wife op dey talk about. Bless ur marriage with a sexy curvy,maid in manhattan type of type joor,that will put a smile to the unfortunate guys face grin
Re: When your maid becomes the madam. by ABEngine(m): 6:16am On Aug 14, 2015
I do hope our ladies realize the responsibilities they often times handed to these set of individuals tagged house maids. It is as important as marriage itself to assess the needs of the home before employing a third party to aid the daily running of your homes.

Foremost let me draw our attention to the fictional way of life been adopted by couples in the foreclosures of trend and style, such that the daily contributions of each spouse to the affairs of their home upkeep has been relegated solely to financial inputs and nothing more, therefore issuing undue authority and advantages to the house maids.

These fellows do not only cater for our kids, they also exploit the advantage to bond and severely influence our kids. A number of mishaps are expected when the kids choose to honour the "common" house girl's plea as compared to your instruction sets, this may include kidnap.

The men are not left out as the house girls assume the roles of our wives until her eventual return and this routine occurs daily. Our feeding is entrusted to these folks and there are no surer ways to a man's heart than his stomach. Thereby making procreation the only duty reserved for the ultra modern day wive.

This and many more instances are indeed not new to anyone of us here, the dynamics of this menace is also inexhaustible as many pose reasons why they should seek the help of these third parties. However, the aim of this epistle is to identify the roles of our men and women in the home and to plead that we extinguish all manner of excuses we put up at the detriment of our unions.

Primarily, as the scriptures made us understand a husband and his companion are essentially mutual helpers but we end up pursuing vain quests some due to ego-bound believes and others due a reckless comprehension of the family.

Man and wife "is" sufficient alone regardless of the commitment they invest into other spheres of life. I suggest we put in more effort at home than at work, help our spouses with chores, find time to parlay with kids as often as possible and devise suitable alternatives to handle the many challenges of running the home other than absconding from responsibilities like we subconsciously have done in the past while we pray God sees our homes through.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: When your maid becomes the madam. by Nobody: 6:22am On Aug 14, 2015
ideykwum:
I think it's largely because a majority of the men who would support you just read and not comment! I just learnt to start contributing to the Romance section! But politics and business would bring me out any day!

Most of the guys who comment on the Romance section aren't bad either, but some out of mischief, childishness, or just to be the enfant terrible, would say anything! wink

Don't let it colour your view of Nigerian men! I also believe social media has also helped highlight issues that were usually swept under the carpet; personally, some of the stories on Nairaland shock me! "Man rapess 3 year old"; Pastor rapes 13 year student" etc! There will always be aberrations in the society, but let's not allow our shock to stereotype our perception of reality. If I use some of the female comments as yardstick, I wouldn't go far in appreciating that wonderful creature called the Nigerian woman!

Having said all that, I must commend your use of words and your stance on child labour! Of the many evils in our society, this one is just heart-breaking! Evil thrives when good men/women do nothing! Thanks for being a good woman!

Bros,I spend most of my time reading tru posts on NL,never commented like two years after registering so it was easy to observe. Forget cococandy,she and many others are stereotypical and prejudiced for whatever reason and there's nothing you or anyone can say that will change it. Just praying for the sorry dude that will pay. You see them "crouching like a tiger","hidden like a dragon",seeking ways to bash Nigerian men every lil chance they get. Yeye shildren.

6 Likes

Re: When your maid becomes the madam. by AreaFada2: 6:31am On Aug 14, 2015
anonimi:

I employ many parents.
I have sponsored & continue to sponsor kids for education at different levels, related to me or not.
Next
If true then good. Keep doing so and encourage others to. Then petition politicians to play their part.
Re: When your maid becomes the madam. by cococandy(f): 6:31am On Aug 14, 2015
Gaidenk:

Bros,I spend most of my time reading tru posts on NL,never commented like two years after registering so it was easy to observe. Forget cococandy,she and many others are stereotypical and prejudiced for whatever reason and there's nothing you or anyone can say that will change it. Just praying for the sorry dude that will pay. You see them "crouching likes a tiger","hidden like a dragon",seeking ways to bash Nigerian men every lil chance they get. Yeye shildren.

OP is the one stereotyping all men to have no self control and you don't seem to have a problem with him.
But somehow regardless of what I posted, I'm the one bashing Nigerian men.
Some of you don't apply sense when commenting. You say what you want to say without engaging your brains. I wonder what's responsible for this level of senselessness.
@bold, you're the prejudiced ediot who should be advising himself to read first without commenting stupidly.

2 Likes

Re: When your maid becomes the madam. by cococandy(f): 6:32am On Aug 14, 2015
Gaidenk

Cure yourself of your prejudice. Because you seem to see only what you want.
cococandy:

It is still nonsense.

I'm glad you're learning child labor is intolerable. That's my own concern not the other things you're saying.

I don't have any response to your men are this men are that generalizations. Some men still don't sleep around. Some have had maids that they didn't sleep with. They don't have two heads.

It's funny when you say this you always include yourself among the good virtuous ones. Who are the bad ones? grin
Anyway that's topic for another day.

If you will join the campaign against child labor, and condemn anyone you hear promoting it, me and you no get issue to discuss again. kiss

You can be visual all you want after that.

2 Likes

Re: When your maid becomes the madam. by dapsin999(m): 6:36am On Aug 14, 2015

"There are three things that are too amazing for me, four that I do not understand:The way of an eagle in the sky, The way of a serpent on a rock, The way of a ship in the middle of the sea, And the way of a man with a maid" Proverbs 30:18-19.

You changed the words of the bible. "Woman not maid"

2 Likes

Re: When your maid becomes the madam. by ideykwum: 6:40am On Aug 14, 2015
cheesy grin cheesy I understand!! Well, people have been hurt...and they may not realise they are expressing their hurts with what they say or with their world view! I'm not saying that's the case with her, but some comments from some male folk fuel ladies who have already been marked with pain from the past!

Gaidenk:

Bros,I spend most of my time reading tru posts on NL,never commented like two years after registering so it was easy to observe. Forget cococandy,she and many others are stereotypical and prejudiced for whatever reason and there's nothing you or anyone can say that will change it. Just praying for the sorry dude that will pay. You see them "crouching like a tiger","hidden like a dragon",seeking ways to bash Nigerian men every lil chance they get. Yeye shildren.
Re: When your maid becomes the madam. by Toks2008(m): 6:50am On Aug 14, 2015
ndidibabe:
I guess you are a full house wife. I'm a banker and I leave home as early as 5am and won't come back till 9pm due to traffic. Now, tell me how I can do without a maid. The mistake most ladies make today is to run after rich men and erase the word 'God fearing' from their dictionary. I'm happy for whom I am today and what my man has turned to be. He wasn't a millionaire when I met him but he was a very good christian . Today, he is rich and he is still very God fearing. We have two maids. The two of them have very big boobs but honestly, my man is too big to be randy.

Madam i use GOD beg you,,i am not insinuating anything at all but erase that last line fast.

No man is too big to be randy. I pride myself anyday anywhere anytime as one of the most sexually decent man still alive but nevertheless i know my limits.I flee from sexual sins rather than confront it and hope to withstand it.

I won't write beyond this.

8 Likes

Re: When your maid becomes the madam. by Toks2008(m): 6:55am On Aug 14, 2015
dapsin999:

"There are three things that are too amazing for me, four that I do not understand:The way of an eagle in the sky, The way of a serpent on a rock, The way of a ship in the middle of the sea, And the way of a man with a maid" Proverbs 30:18-19.

You changed the words of the bible. "Woman not maid"

Na wa for you o. na one version of bible dey and wettin be the difference between woman and maid as these two are used interchangeably.

1 Like

Re: When your maid becomes the madam. by TooNoisy(f): 6:55am On Aug 14, 2015
There is absolutely no justification for a man to sleep with the maid. None whatsoever.

But I will also add that women should not abandon their family responsibilities to maids, if you do and shit happens, I wouldn't blame you but you will blame yourself!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: When your maid becomes the madam. by chiibekee(f): 6:57am On Aug 14, 2015
Mindfulness:
So the solution is to employ kids instead of sending them to school so that men are not tempted because they are weak polygamous by nature?
I think a kid here is a help not a maid. will still be going to school with ur children but the major thing is that the kid must be older than ur own kids so that she will stay with then when they are back from school. That's my opinion though.
Re: When your maid becomes the madam. by poseidon12: 6:58am On Aug 14, 2015
Very apt advice, Toks.
Re: When your maid becomes the madam. by godoluwa(m): 7:02am On Aug 14, 2015
Omotayor123:
And yet one of my friends is insisting she can't get married without having a maid... Smh!

Nice piece OP.
tell that your friend that she is sick. am very sure that shes a dirty gal(obun ni). I prefer to assist my wife instead of employing any fuccking housemaid. most of these housemaid goes extra mile to become madam of the house by force. try & talk senses to her head
Re: When your maid becomes the madam. by Vicben(m): 7:03am On Aug 14, 2015
I personally don't like the idea of having a full time maid in the house, but both men and have to take charge of their lives and parts of their bodies respectively. Control yourself. Devious Maids S3
Re: When your maid becomes the madam. by Ngokafor(f): 7:04am On Aug 14, 2015
tete7000:

Op quoted a scripture to wrongfully give credence to man's lustfulness and his penchant for adultery . Has he not read in the same scripture that 'when a man is born again old things have passed away and all things have become new - 2Cor. 5:17' . We can't claim to know God and still be justifiably allowing our passion to rule us. St. Paul condemned sexual immorality and emphasises that self control is the gift of the holy spirit when he wrote in Galatians 5:19-23
'The acts of the flesh are obvious: sexual immorality, impurity and debauchery ; 20 idolatry and witchcraft; hatred, discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions 21 and envy; drunkenness, orgies, and the like. I warn you, as I did before, that those who live like this will not inherit the kingdom of God.

22  But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness and self-control. '

The word of God cannot and must not be used to justify evil. Evil irrespective of why we do it remain evil and can never find justification in the word of God for the same word of God says all evil doers shall be brought to condemnation. A lewd man is just a lewd man and it becomes very repugnant when we quote scripture out of context to justify lewdness. That part of the scripture quoted is simply expressing how baffling it is to see two people who have never known each other fall so much in love that they become inseparable. It doesn't support adultery in anyway. It does not justify a man who left his wife he claims to love to sleep with her maid and thus bring her wife to disrepute. Adultery is and remains a grave and mortal sin.

...Good one!!...You are the one who God would bless indeed..not the senseless op and his evil message supoorted by equaly discrepit males here..If we had more like you in this country cases of rape and sexually molestation of children and adult alike will not be as common as it now..

..Even some fathers have joined in this show of shame with their daughters angry..but i wont be surprised if the op comes tomorrow again to advice daughthers to dress decently in other not to seduce their dads who is a 'sexual and visual' being undecided...prolific writer my foot!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: When your maid becomes the madam. by Oahray: 7:05am On Aug 14, 2015
Op, when the Bible uses 'maid', like this case, it simply means a young unmarried woman. It's the short form of maiden. Please don't misinterpret Scriptures, no matter how noble your course.

The Bible uses 'slave girl' or servant girl when referring to what we now call housemaids.

That said, I agree with your stance on housemaids. Most times, they are an unnecessary temptation in a world full of temptations. It's easy to talk about men and a lack of self control, as if it's an exclusively man thing.
Re: When your maid becomes the madam. by jnrbayano(m): 7:06am On Aug 14, 2015
InvertedHammer:
/
Simple solution.

If you want a maid, bring one from oga's side of the family.

Oga will not sleep with his relation.

That's all.

\

That's wisdom.

1 Like

Re: When your maid becomes the madam. by Nobody: 7:06am On Aug 14, 2015
Toks2008:

...and if you see a 13 yr old maid with fully developed sexual features you can always go for another one.
grin
Re: When your maid becomes the madam. by Davidohida(m): 7:09am On Aug 14, 2015
If my wife brings a beautiful maid home,OYO is her surname
Re: When your maid becomes the madam. by Nobody: 7:09am On Aug 14, 2015
Lol,men too need to be careful with who they hire as there driver cause some women are not smiling too these days, I heard of a story where the wife of a rich man was having an affair with his driver.

3 Likes

Re: When your maid becomes the madam. by SAMBARRY: 7:11am On Aug 14, 2015
ssuccess:

Sorry o, when you get married employ an Uche Jombo, or Mercy Johnson ad maid. Report back to NL in 9 months time .
Yeye people, they'll be telling you the truth, you'll be forming blind and dumb.
shut up undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: When your maid becomes the madam. by SAMBARRY: 7:15am On Aug 14, 2015
Pasito pasito oro re sumi grin

I'm done with this thread
jnrbayano:

Being principled is noble and its always advised.

This together with Gods grace is what is needed against temptation of the opposite sex.

A voluptuous lady is that which is roundly endowed. She is sexually very attracting.

Bringing someone like that home to sometimes make and serve meals to the man, make his bed etc is akin to employing another helper (woman) for the man.

A wise woman takes temptation away from her man and also prays for him but her foolish counterpart rather brings temptation to her man.
Re: When your maid becomes the madam. by Oahray: 7:15am On Aug 14, 2015
esosa993:
Lol,men too need to be careful with who they hire as there driver cause some women are not smiling too these days, I heard of a story where the wife of a rich man was having an affair with his driver.
that's no news. Let's say it's just fashionable to pretend Infidelity is a man.
Re: When your maid becomes the madam. by endeedike(m): 7:15am On Aug 14, 2015
did you actually ead the article? dont display your ignorance pls...

Mindfulness:
So the solution is to employ kids instead of sending them to school so that men are not tempted because they are weak polygamous by nature?
Re: When your maid becomes the madam. by Nobody: 7:17am On Aug 14, 2015
Oahray:
that's no news. Let's say it's just fashionable to pretend Infidelity is a man.

Ok
Re: When your maid becomes the madam. by SAMBARRY: 7:18am On Aug 14, 2015
I'm done arguing with blind deaf and dumb men hell bent on using their phenese to think.

bye!
400billionman:

Why would you marry a lazy man who sits around the house when there are piles of work to be done at home ? My dad did home chores, I do, my in laws do.

It is the failure of the lady during courtship not to make her man understand that she is marrying him as a helper. A man's work at home is not only financial. Does it mean, when you visited his house as his fiancee, he had a maid who was doing his home chores for him whom you took over from ?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: When your maid becomes the madam. by Ngokafor(f): 7:18am On Aug 14, 2015
SAMBARRY:
shut up undecided

..I will make that double 'shut up'....too many touts abound here honestly undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: When your maid becomes the madam. by bosunjohns(m): 7:19am On Aug 14, 2015
Toks2008:
THE MAID FACTOR...A must read for every lady

I just got a disturbing news from my neighborhood about a man who just got their house maid pregnant and this is why i decided to write this article for everyone to read but before i continue i will like to quote this scripture not to justify the act but to lay emphases on how strange it is:

I get so surprised when a woman finds out that her hubby is making out with a maid and she uses words like "How could you? a COMMON MAID"

Now ladies open your eyes and widen your reasoning faculty and get this straight.

Men are visual,we think about sex way more than you do as women and we are very polygamous by nature meaning we naturally love to be with as many ladies as possible but if you find a man who is decent and disciplined then such a man is a rare breed.

The Nigerian mentality that your level in life is determined by how much money you make or your educational background is quite honestly annoying; every occupation should be accorded it's dignity, housemaids offer an essential service to the society and should be respected as such.

That stated, when a woman fails to realize that part of the seduction process involves the respect and care she offers her husband I.e in the little things she does, like making him food, paying attention to his attire, etc if she totally reneges on these duties and leaves it to the housemaid, she effectively sets up her husband to be seduced by the housemaid; besides, a housemaid is so awestruck by the attention she receives from the master of the house, she is willing to submit to a lot of things madam no longer deems necessary and if you're a man, you know there's nothing more flattering nor seductive than a willing woman....

In short, it is my opinion that when a man begins to cast a lustful glance at the housemaid,in most cases it's a symptom that madam is neglecting her duties somewhere.

Wait guys, i am not promoting randy lifestyle or justifying the shameless act of sleeping with a maid not because SHE IS A MAID but how can you have your wife in the same house and yet sleeping with a maid? This is arrant nonsense i must say

But then to the women, please if you must get a house maid, do not go for the type with conspicous sexual body features.

Lets leave hypocrisy, if my wife brings home a maid that has sweet curves, i will call her to order and ask her to send the maid back. Prevention is better than fighting temptation.

A maid is human, a maid was born the same way you were born, a maid has the same feminine sexual features just as you have and even usually younger,Stop employing matured maids if you have a man at home to prevent unpleasant situation.

If you like ,start saying you trust your husband, he can not do this or that but by the time it happens, don't say i have not warned you.

Be wise
Re: When your maid becomes the madam. by jnrbayano(m): 7:19am On Aug 14, 2015
SAMBARRY:
Pasito pasito oro re sumi grin

I'm done with this thread

Warris dis? Translate.
Re: When your maid becomes the madam. by Ngokafor(f): 7:19am On Aug 14, 2015
SAMBARRY:
I'm done arguing with blind deaf and dumb men hell bent on using their phenese to think.

bye!

...End Of Discussion.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply)

Parents How Will You Feel If You Come Back Home & Meet Your Children Like This? / Woman Beats Her Husband Mercilessly For Hitting Her / He Surprised His Wife On Her Birthday And Got A Shocker Of His Life.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.