Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,927 members, 7,810,574 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:22 AM

Why Condom does not guaranty HIV prevention. - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Condom does not guaranty HIV prevention. (36741 Views)

Smart Condom Detects STDs, Lets Users Know How Good They Are In Bed / When A Girl Says She Does Not Have A Boyfriend / When A Girl Says She Does Not Like Sex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Condom does not guaranty HIV prevention. by sampsondeen(m): 2:39pm On Dec 24, 2015
Toks2008:

This is why i don't do casuals and funny enough will never use a condom because

1.It does not guaranty real pleasure

2.It does not really prevent HIV

So i would rather stick to one hot partner and hope that she does not bring me one.
Use it to prevent unwanted pregnancy..at least
Re: Why Condom does not guaranty HIV prevention. by Toks2008(m): 2:40pm On Dec 24, 2015
dasparrow:
@Post

Abstinence is the only way one will not catch STDs. That is why the bible said that it is better to be single because those who marry will face many troubles. Do you know that:

"More than half of all people will have an STD/STI at some point in their lifetime" according to Koutsky L. (1997). Epidemiology of genital human papillomavirus infection. American Journal of Medicine, 102(5A), 3-8.

"Over 14 million people acquire human papillomavirus (HPV) each year, and by age 50, at least 80 percent of women will have acquired genital HPV infection. Most people with HPV do not develop symptoms" according to Myers ER, McCrory DC, Nanda K, Bastian L, Matchar DB. Mathematical model for the natural history of human papillomavirus infection and cervical carcinogenesis. Am J Epidemiol. 2000;151:1158-1170.

Culled from: http://www.ashasexualhealth.org/stdsstis/statistics/

Too many people are carrying one or more STD/STIs in their bodies but exhibit no symptoms and don't even know it. That makes having sex in this day and age a very risky venture. I love being healthy and sex to me is over rated. Its one of those things that I can certainly do without, without much problems. The rising rate of infertility in Nigeria might also be as a result of STD/STI which many Nigerians have due to their risky sex life. Worse yet, many refuse to get tested for fear of what they might find out.

I agree but we can't abstain forever becauyse one day we will surely marry and then the risk comes up...Staying faithful to one sexual partner remains the best way to curb the spread but unfortunately,100% sexual faithfulness from both partners is very doubtful but possible.
Re: Why Condom does not guaranty HIV prevention. by Toks2008(m): 2:50pm On Dec 24, 2015
monex:

Oga the risk is that the lady might not be as "principled" as you. so it might be wise to still do with protection until you are married.

And what is the assurance that your wife will be principled?

Abeg lets just try our best to be as decent as possible and leave the rest to GOD.
Re: Why Condom does not guaranty HIV prevention. by nwadiuko1(m): 2:54pm On Dec 24, 2015
in my life time I've only had unprotected sex once and that was a long time ago.......

I use condoms even if you are my girl friend.......
I'll only have raw skin to skin sex when I get married

3 Likes

Re: Why Condom does not guaranty HIV prevention. by misspicy2(f): 2:59pm On Dec 24, 2015
@ Toks2008 you said you have never used condom for intercourse

please can you highlight how you have been able to avoid pregnancy or do you have children already?if so how many kids have you birthed?

from a confused me angry

catlova weldone o undecided
Re: Why Condom does not guaranty HIV prevention. by misspicy2(f): 3:01pm On Dec 24, 2015
missyadorable the faithful, meek,submissive traditional woman grin what is your opinion
Re: Why Condom does not guaranty HIV prevention. by alatbaba1(m): 3:09pm On Dec 24, 2015
Toks2008:
I know this topic will shock many people who believe in the propaganda that the use of condom is a formidable prevention against HIV but unfortunately,using a condom does not prevent you from contracting HIV but only reduces the chance of contracting it.

Now read this and i doubt if you will ever read this anywhere else because the condom industry is a huge one and facts like this may not be widely disseminated but here i give it to you to ponder over.

-Human immunodeficient Virus(HIV) is very virulent and can pass through through unnoticeable and painless skin abrasion on the penile shaft as well as the vaginal region.

-The viral load is present in cervico-vaginal fluid and of-course in the blood.

-We will agree that in most cases if not all,the condom no matter how carefully worn still exposes some part of the penile shaft and this is where the problem lies because in most cases,the vaginal secretions come in contact with this exposed region of the shaft.

-This means an automatic entry of the virus from the vaginal fluid into the man especially when there are some abrasions on the penile skin which of-course is so delicate and easily bruised.

-If the man also has the virus and he happens to have any form of abrasion on the penile shaft then the woman can easily contract the virus once the Unclad part of his shaft touches the walls of the vaginal.

This is just a simple illustration to show that condoms are no guarantee prevention against HIV.

Staying faithful to one sexual partner who is HIV negative and will not be silly enough to indulge in careless sexual act with an infected individual remains the best way to prevent HIV.

The bottom line is that no one is really safe and we all stand the risk of contracting it as the Virus has a transient period between when it is contracted and when it can be detected in the blood so you may meet someone who is tested negative today and later may test positive.

GOD HELP US.

Really God help us all. There are many ways of contacting HIV even without sex. Most of us sometimes in our life had haircut with a public clipper or a barbers clipper. Forget the burning of clipper done by the barbers, That's is jst shows or one mumu sterilizer stuff. All nah wash.

God help us all
Re: Why Condom does not guaranty HIV prevention. by Nobody: 3:10pm On Dec 24, 2015
Veeveechibs:
Tell them o!!! Because information reaching us is the rate of Sexually transmitted disease( STD) is alarming plus most girls in the higher institution are at a higher risk of transmitting it to men.
why wont they wen the average campus chick has 15 boyfriends with four sugar daddiescheesycheesy

3 Likes

Re: Why Condom does not guaranty HIV prevention. by Elxandre(m): 3:13pm On Dec 24, 2015
Staying faithful to one sexual partner who is HIV negative and will not be silly enough to indulge in careless sexual act with an infected individual remains the best way to prevent HIV.

Do you people even think before creating threads at all?

How in the world do you identify a person who wouldn't "be silly enough to indulge in careless sexx with an unprotected partner"?

Outside marriage, there is no way to be sure your partner isn't promiscuous, no matter how innocent he/she looks. Even inside marriage, you can't be 100% sure that good and loyal wife isn't hooking up with some High school first love sef, not to talk of outside marriage.

Most of these men are gullible, and that's why they always find themselves in trouble!
Kontinu endangering your life before marriage because of 'trust'

I noticed you always create every of your thread with a biased outlook.
How dare you encourage people to risk their lives on such fickle thing as trust!

4 Likes

Re: Why Condom does not guaranty HIV prevention. by alatbaba1(m): 3:16pm On Dec 24, 2015
misspicy2:

please can you highlight how you have been able to avoid pregnancy or do you have children already?if so how many kids have you birthed?

from a confused me angrycatlova weldone o undecided

Up to 2011 I never have never use a condom before. I was having sex up to 3 times a week Tho same girlfriend. But no abortion no pregnancy. Remove wen d cannon is coming.

But nt anymore
Re: Why Condom does not guaranty HIV prevention. by HRich(m): 3:16pm On Dec 24, 2015
Toks2008:

lol! i for put the real thing?
ok the banana na fake thing? Kkkkk
Re: Why Condom does not guaranty HIV prevention. by HRich(m): 3:18pm On Dec 24, 2015
Toks2008:

lol! i for put the real thing?
ok the banana na fake thing? Kkkkk
Re: Why Condom does not guaranty HIV prevention. by Chimdiebere(m): 3:20pm On Dec 24, 2015
Nicepoker:
u don't ave problem be that. U only contact HIV when u use condom.
abeg shut up there! hooligan! angry
Re: Why Condom does not guaranty HIV prevention. by Chimdiebere(m): 3:28pm On Dec 24, 2015
nwadiuko1:
in my life time I've only had unprotected sex once and that was a long time ago.......

I use condoms even if you are my girl friend.......
I'll only have raw skin to skin sex when I get married
This is one sensible human being here!
Re: Why Condom does not guaranty HIV prevention. by misspicy2(f): 3:30pm On Dec 24, 2015
alatbaba1:

Up to 2011 I never have never use a condom before. I was having sex up to 3 times a week Tho same girlfriend. But no abortion no pregnancy. Remove wen d cannon is coming.

But nt anymore
are you sure you are not sterile?/ have low sperm count, go for fertility test on time,because i know someone like that,who eventually found out he is sterile cool
Re: Why Condom does not guaranty HIV prevention. by AK481(m): 3:34pm On Dec 24, 2015
Nonsense.
For the fact that a lot of people believed this supertitious thinkers says a lot about our education.

Quick one,
A marriage bettween a hiv positive woman and hiv negative men,how are they surviving? Remenber they are advised to use condo.

Also,the virus can penetrate the body through the opening @ d tip of the penis.

The virus does not survive outside the host not even @ the topmost opening of the vigina.

Pls back up wat u av with proof,this is an intellectual arguement.

1 Like

Re: Why Condom does not guaranty HIV prevention. by nwadiuko1(m): 3:35pm On Dec 24, 2015
Chimdiebere:
This is one sensible human being here!
thanks man! Compliments of the season
Re: Why Condom does not guaranty HIV prevention. by PrinceAjikeA(m): 3:38pm On Dec 24, 2015
Thank God am single dating my negative status bae. Pls I advice we all to be faithful.
Re: Why Condom does not guaranty HIV prevention. by folasky: 3:39pm On Dec 24, 2015
Op! I don't know the research you have done that makes you reach this conclusion. As far as am concerned condom is out rightly safer than engaging in unprotected seX. The risk of hiv contraction is negligible low when you use condom because there most be adequate fluid for the virus to be transmitted. It is even difficult for a male to contract HIV virus from unprotected sex.it's like 1 in 3000. But let alone using condom. U can say with condom other STDs like gonorrhoea etc can be transmitted in worst scenario and not HIV. Please Op stop misleading because u will never be there for them when it happens

3 Likes

Re: Why Condom does not guaranty HIV prevention. by dcncornels: 3:40pm On Dec 24, 2015
end time virus
Re: Why Condom does not guaranty HIV prevention. by BABANGBALI: 3:41pm On Dec 24, 2015
somebody should pls help me translate this important news for vickyrotex,funjosh,eleko1 and rokiatu for proper understanding
Re: Why Condom does not guaranty HIV prevention. by PrinceAjikeA(m): 3:41pm On Dec 24, 2015
Thank God am single dating my negative status bae. Pls I advice we all to be faithful.
Re: Why Condom does not guaranty HIV prevention. by lepasharon(f): 3:47pm On Dec 24, 2015
This guy always chats shittt..
Re: Why Condom does not guaranty HIV prevention. by Toks2008(m): 4:17pm On Dec 24, 2015
misspicy2:

from a confused me angry

catlova weldone o undecided

Send me a PM and i will tell you how i did it...Atuni si ita bi ono ojo mejo.
Re: Why Condom does not guaranty HIV prevention. by alatbaba1(m): 4:18pm On Dec 24, 2015
misspicy2:

are you sure you are not sterile?/ have low sperm count, go for fertility test on time,because i know someone like that,who eventually found out he is sterile cool

100% I'm nt. It's jst being careful. That's all
Re: Why Condom does not guaranty HIV prevention. by kwenu: 4:21pm On Dec 24, 2015
we should learn to find out truths from experienced people and not by theories u were told in one quack Nigerian University. i went for HIV test this year at the Gen Hospital and the advice i got was that i stick to my condoms.

i have had sex with over 400 girls/ladies but with my condoms throughout my lifetime, yea the results always come out negative .

i can be reckless when it comes to sex but i still stick to my Condoms. condoms are never a guarantee because on several occasions they tear off or burst during intercourse

have u ever seen/watch a Nigerian girl lie before, most especially when u ask them about sex. ok consider this before u decide to entrust your life into their hands by going raw during sex

condoms are still better but abstinence is the best

3 Likes

Re: Why Condom does not guaranty HIV prevention. by monex(m): 4:25pm On Dec 24, 2015
Toks2008:

And what is the assurance that your wife will be principled?

Abeg lets just try our best to be as decent as possible and leave the rest to GOD.

My points. You will be taking a risk on your wife too. Well normally you are bounded by oath and you are already taking even worse risks with her than sleeping without a condom unlike the scenario with a girlfriend.

I am interested in the moral card peeps play about sticking to one partner. I say if we want to play the moral/religous card then we shouldnt even be sleeping with anyone till we get married.
Re: Why Condom does not guaranty HIV prevention. by Revolva(m): 4:25pm On Dec 24, 2015
All dis one na heavy story I de use my condomm de enjoy....my bangin witmany bitches all girls na ashewo never trust demm even ur girlfriend sef someone de nak her raw in this our naija wey money na d ultimate....as for me I will keep using condom abi una want stop me from bangin.......story for d godz

2 Likes

Re: Why Condom does not guaranty HIV prevention. by seaga: 4:26pm On Dec 24, 2015
misspicy:

Yes....and u would be shocked that many still dont use condom at all,some men be feeling like,kingkong....grin

How did you know this?
Re: Why Condom does not guaranty HIV prevention. by Kgdavid(m): 4:30pm On Dec 24, 2015
Toks2008:

I think you should go to google to corroborate your assertion dude.

I have a Bachelor's degree in Microbiology and for you to say the embolden is even a reason for me not to reply you.

Oga at the top, sir, where did you go to school?

Peruse these links for your own enlightenment:

http://www.thebody.com/Forums/AIDS/SafeSex/Q177398.html

http://www.catie.ca/en/pif/fall-2011/exposure-infection-biology-hiv-transmission

http://www.medhelp.org/posts/HIV---Prevention/Protected-sex-with-fresh-cut-on-testicles/show/1405059

2 Likes

Re: Why Condom does not guaranty HIV prevention. by Mike008(m): 4:34pm On Dec 24, 2015
Toks2008:

In-fact i don't use condom to make love as i prefer to remain faithful to one woman and hopes she no go out go carry am come.

"Wise man"
Re: Why Condom does not guaranty HIV prevention. by Seventeen(f): 4:45pm On Dec 24, 2015
Toks2008:

This is why i say condom use is only a way of reducing but not eliminating the risk.

And even if you marry an HIV negative partner,what is the probability that he/she wont go out to be reckless?

This is why even as individuals,we can only reduce the chance of contracting it by staying faithful to one sexual partner and hope he/she does not bring the virus home.
smiley i agreed with u naa. Dont be defensive and too serious naa, i wasnt attacking ur comment, i honestly meant my comment on a light mood and in a humourous way smiley... Was only expressing my occassional thoughts and fear of how easily one culd also still get this evil virus even wen faithful to a partner, cos it only takes one careless day of falling into temptation by the other party to bring it home. I was like thank God u said 'hope ooo' cos na hope all of us (the faithful ones) the hope o say our partner will also remain faithful. grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Somali Man Weds Two Women At Once In Kenya, Encourages Other Men To Do Same / Confessions Of A Rough, Rugged And Raw 9ja Guy (Me Against The World) III / Pre-wedding Photo Of A Medical Doctor And A Nurse

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 152
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.