Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,953 members, 7,810,639 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:33 PM

Why Condom does not guaranty HIV prevention. - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Condom does not guaranty HIV prevention. (36746 Views)

Smart Condom Detects STDs, Lets Users Know How Good They Are In Bed / When A Girl Says She Does Not Have A Boyfriend / When A Girl Says She Does Not Like Sex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Condom does not guaranty HIV prevention. by Nicepoker(m): 1:46pm On Dec 24, 2015
jonaifame22:
But I don't use condom na
u don't ave problem be that. U only contact HIV when u use condom.
Re: Why Condom does not guaranty HIV prevention. by flamingREED(m): 1:46pm On Dec 24, 2015
#teamAFTERtheLASTaltarHYMN

Re: Why Condom does not guaranty HIV prevention. by Chrisbenogor(m): 1:46pm On Dec 24, 2015
So let's see, is the OP a medical practitioner? virologist? No he doesn't even frequent the health section to share these his " earth shattering tips"
This write up is a load of crap. Condoms have saved more lives than all these useless mouth talk from people who cannot even sit to proffer solutions to bigger problems like malaria.

Oh and by the way there's new ones which change color when in contact with STI's made by 13 and 14 year olds......una go dey here dey celebrate mediocrity mscheeeeww

6 Likes

Re: Why Condom does not guaranty HIV prevention. by Nobody: 1:48pm On Dec 24, 2015
Tell them o!!! Because information reaching us is the rate of Sexually transmitted disease( STD) is alarming plus most girls in the higher institution are at a higher risk of transmitting it to men.
Re: Why Condom does not guaranty HIV prevention. by Chrisbenogor(m): 1:50pm On Dec 24, 2015
angry
Re: Why Condom does not guaranty HIV prevention. by Chrisbenogor(m): 1:50pm On Dec 24, 2015
Why on earth is this even in the romance section?
Hiv prevention should be sent to the health section

Seun
Re: Why Condom does not guaranty HIV prevention. by Gkemz: 1:55pm On Dec 24, 2015
misspicy:

Yes....and u would be shocked that many still dont use condom at all,some men be feeling like,kingkong....grin

Having sexual intercourse with several partners increases the chances of contacting HIV even with the use of condom is like sitting comfortably on a weak rubber-coated wire but not using it at all is like driving at night without a functioning headlamp.

1 Like

Re: Why Condom does not guaranty HIV prevention. by Kgdavid(m): 1:57pm On Dec 24, 2015
Toks2008:
I know this topic will shock many people who believe in the propaganda that the use of condom is a formidable prevention against HIV but unfortunately,using a condom does not prevent you from contracting HIV but only reduces the chance of contracting it.

Now read this and i doubt if you will ever read this anywhere else because the condom industry is a huge one and facts like this may not be widely disseminated but here i give it to you to ponder over.

-Human immunodeficient Virus(HIV) is very virulent and can pass through through unnoticeable and painless skin abrasion on the penile shaft as well as the vaginal region.

-The viral load is present in cervico-vaginal fluid and of-course in the blood.

-We will agree that in most cases if not all,the condom no matter how carefully worn still exposes some part of the penile shaft and this is where the problem lies because in most cases,the vaginal secretions come in contact with this exposed region of the shaft.

-This means an automatic entry of the virus from the vaginal fluid into the man especially when there are some abrasions on the penile skin which of-course is so delicate and easily bruised.

-If the man also has the virus and he happens to have any form of abrasion on the penile shaft then the woman can easily contract the virus once the Unclad part of his shaft touches the walls of the vaginal.

This is just a simple illustration to show that condoms are no guarantee prevention against HIV.

Staying faithful to one sexual partner who is HIV negative and will not be silly enough to indulge in careless sexual act with an infected individual remains the best way to prevent HIV.

The bottom line is that no one is really safe and we all stand the risk of contracting it as the Virus has a transient period between when it is contracted and when it can be detected in the blood so you may meet someone who is tested negative today and later may test positive.

GOD HELP US.

Oga at the top, this is not quite factual. Hiv is not transmitted through bruised skin. The primary way in which hiv is transmitted during intercourse is by vaginal and seminal fluids coming in contact with mucuous membranes (such as the vaginal wall and the head of the penis). It's not that hard to use google to corroborate your hypothesis before you create a thread to spread erroneous beliefs.

the bottomline, though, is STOP FORNICATING!!

2 Likes

Re: Why Condom does not guaranty HIV prevention. by Nobody: 2:02pm On Dec 24, 2015
Toks2008:

Doc you and i know that the diagrammatic illustration is exactly the case in most cases except you get a condom that covers the scrotal sac so apparently there is no way one can effectively wear it that it will not slide down especially when really enjoying the act without pulling it up intermittently.

Honestly condom is a pleasure killer.
Honestly,you are trying to derail your thread by stylishly changing the topic of discussion...you know what I am talking about..or you are just confused

2 Likes

Re: Why Condom does not guaranty HIV prevention. by HRich(m): 2:03pm On Dec 24, 2015
Toks2008:
I know this topic will shock many people who believe in the propaganda that the use of condom is a formidable prevention against HIV but unfortunately,using a condom does not prevent you from contracting HIV but only reduces the chance of contracting it.

Now read this and i doubt if you will ever read this anywhere else because the condom industry is a huge one and facts like this may not be widely disseminated but here i give it to you to ponder over.

-Human immunodeficient Virus(HIV) is very virulent and can pass through through unnoticeable and painless skin abrasion on the penile shaft as well as the vaginal region.

-The viral load is present in cervico-vaginal fluid and of-course in the blood.

-We will agree that in most cases if not all,the condom no matter how carefully worn still exposes some part of the penile shaft and this is where the problem lies because in most cases,the vaginal secretions come in contact with this exposed region of the shaft.

-This means an automatic entry of the virus from the vaginal fluid into the man especially when there are some abrasions on the penile skin which of-course is so delicate and easily bruised.

-If the man also has the virus and he happens to have any form of abrasion on the penile shaft then the woman can easily contract the virus once the Unclad part of his shaft touches the walls of the vaginal.

This is just a simple illustration to show that condoms are no guarantee prevention against HIV.

Staying faithful to one sexual partner who is HIV negative and will not be silly enough to indulge in careless sexual act with an infected individual remains the best way to prevent HIV.

The bottom line is that no one is really safe and we all stand the risk of contracting it as the Virus has a transient period between when it is contracted and when it can be detected in the blood so you may meet someone who is tested negative today and later may test positive.

GOD HELP US.
What is that Banana fore?
Re: Why Condom does not guaranty HIV prevention. by Ryda(m): 2:06pm On Dec 24, 2015
So banana no dey wear dah tin finish shocked

Banana men in d house i troway salute o.
Re: Why Condom does not guaranty HIV prevention. by Toks2008(m): 2:10pm On Dec 24, 2015
Kgdavid:

Oga at the top, this is not quite factual. Hiv is not transmitted through bruised skin. The primary way in which hiv is transmitted during intercourse is by vaginal and seminal fluids coming in contact with mucuous membranes (such as the vaginal wall and the head of the penis). It's not that hard to use google to corroborate your hypothesis before you create a thread to spread erroneous beliefs.

the bottomline, though, is STOP FORNICATING!!

I think you should go to google to corroborate your assertion dude.

I have a Bachelor's degree in Microbiology and for you to say the embolden is even a reason for me not to reply you.
Re: Why Condom does not guaranty HIV prevention. by misspicy2(f): 2:11pm On Dec 24, 2015
miqos02:
I say amen to ur signature
lol,them do you strong thing too? grin
Re: Why Condom does not guaranty HIV prevention. by Toks2008(m): 2:12pm On Dec 24, 2015
HRich:
What is that Banana fore?

lol! i for put the real thing?
Re: Why Condom does not guaranty HIV prevention. by Toks2008(m): 2:14pm On Dec 24, 2015
akthedream:

Honestly,you are trying to derail your thread by stylishly changing the topic of discussion...you know what I am talking about..or you are just confused

My problem with many people is the way they discuss vital issues.

I am happy a certified doctor discussed this with me extensively and intellectually in the first page so i really dont need to batter words with you.

If you are ready to discuss like a scholar let me know.
Re: Why Condom does not guaranty HIV prevention. by miqos02(m): 2:19pm On Dec 24, 2015
misspicy2:

lol,them do you strong thing too? grin
I posted a new topic, imeediately I was banned I was banned for 24hrs, u won't believe that the same topic made frontpage, with my name as op
Re: Why Condom does not guaranty HIV prevention. by monex(m): 2:20pm On Dec 24, 2015
Toks2008:

The embolden is why i don't use condom because i don't do causal sex. Its either i do it with a lady i would marry,my wife or abstain. I hate casual sex with every drop of fluid in me.

I can't recount how many casual sex i have turned down because i don't see these ladies as the type i can marry. Its about principle.
Oga the risk is that the lady might not be as "principled" as you. so it might be wise to still do with protection until you are married.

2 Likes

Re: Why Condom does not guaranty HIV prevention. by Nobody: 2:20pm On Dec 24, 2015
Toks2008:

My problem with many people is the way they discuss vital issues.

I am happy a certified doctor discussed this with me extensively and intellectually in the first page so i really dont need to batter words with you.

If you are ready to discuss like a scholar let me know.
Are you really a Doctor?...that's interesting to know.
I thought the best advice that should come from a Doctor is to use condom if one can't abstain from casual sex..your own doctor na wa.

4 Likes

Re: Why Condom does not guaranty HIV prevention. by kingthreat(m): 2:20pm On Dec 24, 2015
If this is true then over 50% of people should have HIV

2 Likes

Re: Why Condom does not guaranty HIV prevention. by Seventeen(f): 2:22pm On Dec 24, 2015
Toks2008:

I have known this long ago and i have always preached it but there is no harm letting many other people who are ignorant know abi no be so?

In-fact i don't use condom to make love as i prefer to remain faithful to one woman and hopes she no go out go carry am come.
my brother i like that u used d word 'hope' there, cos, omo, na only hope all of us dey hope oo.. I always think to myself that even in a so called faithful relationship all that is needed for a spouse or partner to carry dis tin com gv person na just one careless day of falling into temptation by the other party ooo. Na God go help us oo.
Re: Why Condom does not guaranty HIV prevention. by misspicy2(f): 2:24pm On Dec 24, 2015
miqos02:
I posted a new topic, imeediately I was banned I was banned for 24hrs, u won't believe that the same topic made frontpage, with my name as op
lmao grin

na human being dey behind that bot
Re: Why Condom does not guaranty HIV prevention. by Nobody: 2:24pm On Dec 24, 2015
That Banana Looks just like my Pwick
Re: Why Condom does not guaranty HIV prevention. by Toks2008(m): 2:26pm On Dec 24, 2015
akthedream:

Are you really a Doctor?...that's interesting to know.
I thought the best advice that should come from a Doctor is to use condom if one can't abstain from casual sex..your own doctor na wa.

I am not a pastor nor a doctor but as i wrote,i did Virology under Microbiology and what i wrote holds true but you won't find it anywhere else on the Internet because CONDOM MUST SELL.
Re: Why Condom does not guaranty HIV prevention. by Nobody: 2:27pm On Dec 24, 2015
monex:

Oga the risk is that the lady might not be as "principled" as you. so it might be wise to still do with protection until you are married.
Wise talk bro..I wonder if that guy is really a Doctor..Talking as if Hiv is written on people's forehead..
Re: Why Condom does not guaranty HIV prevention. by Nobody: 2:27pm On Dec 24, 2015
Something must kill a man.
Re: Why Condom does not guaranty HIV prevention. by meh1(m): 2:29pm On Dec 24, 2015
Toks2008:

I don't keep girlfriends dude. I go for a lady and take the risk.

You can't run from risking sex with one partner because you must marry one day.
I don't even do a lady i don't see myself marrying.
dah means all d Bleep wey u don dey Bleep since,na marriage Bleep be all of dem
Re: Why Condom does not guaranty HIV prevention. by fortunechy(m): 2:31pm On Dec 24, 2015
condom prevent hiv if properly handled.
Re: Why Condom does not guaranty HIV prevention. by Toks2008(m): 2:32pm On Dec 24, 2015
Seventeen:
my brother i like that u used d word 'hope' there, cos, omo, na only hope all of us dey hope oo.. I always think to myself that even in a so called faithful relationship all that is needed for a spouse or partner to carry dis tin com gv person na just one careless day of falling into temptation by the other party ooo. Na God go help us oo.

This is why i say condom use is only a way of reducing but not eliminating the risk.

And even if you marry an HIV negative partner,what is the probability that he/she wont go out to be reckless?

This is why even as individuals,we can only reduce the chance of contracting it by staying faithful to one sexual partner and hope he/she does not bring the virus home.
Re: Why Condom does not guaranty HIV prevention. by Nobody: 2:33pm On Dec 24, 2015
Toks2008:

I am not a pastor nor a doctor but as i wrote,i did Virology under Microbiology and what i wrote holds true but you won't find it anywhere else on the Internet because CONDOM MUST SELL.
Guy,next time you listen to a condom advert..pls open your ears..They always make mention of Condom not being 100%....that is no news..
I am actually concerned about you preaching against the use of condom...giving preference to skin to skin(not your wife o) as if Hiv is written on people's head..or do you always fvck raw immediate you get her/their hiv result?...funny
Re: Why Condom does not guaranty HIV prevention. by dasparrow: 2:35pm On Dec 24, 2015
@Post

Abstinence is the only way one will not catch STDs. That is why the bible said that it is better to be single because those who marry will face many troubles. Do you know that:

"More than half of all people will have an STD/STI at some point in their lifetime" according to Koutsky L. (1997). Epidemiology of genital human papillomavirus infection. American Journal of Medicine, 102(5A), 3-8.

"Over 14 million people acquire human papillomavirus (HPV) each year, and by age 50, at least 80 percent of women will have acquired genital HPV infection. Most people with HPV do not develop symptoms" according to Myers ER, McCrory DC, Nanda K, Bastian L, Matchar DB. Mathematical model for the natural history of human papillomavirus infection and cervical carcinogenesis. Am J Epidemiol. 2000;151:1158-1170.

Culled from: http://www.ashasexualhealth.org/stdsstis/statistics/

Too many people are carrying one or more STD/STIs in their bodies but exhibit no symptoms and don't even know it. That makes having sex in this day and age a very risky venture. I love being healthy and sex to me is over rated. Its one of those things that I can certainly do without, without much problems. The rising rate of infertility in Nigeria might also be as a result of STD/STI which many Nigerians have due to their risky sex life. Worse yet, many refuse to get tested for fear of what they might find out.
Re: Why Condom does not guaranty HIV prevention. by ekefre4(m): 2:38pm On Dec 24, 2015
No need 4 condom na afterall something must kill a man grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Confessions Of A Rough, Rugged And Raw 9ja Guy (Me Against The World) III / Pre-wedding Photo Of A Medical Doctor And A Nurse / LADIES: See How To Tighten Your Vaginaa If Too Wide...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.