Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,811 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:04 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 - Travel (121) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 (784980 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) (123) (124) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by dannybrown19: 11:01pm On Nov 27, 2015
burgessdon:
Help everyone Plz.must I submit my DS 160 before I go ahead with the appointment part?
NO, but you must keep the application ID very well

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by warriboy21(m): 11:12pm On Nov 27, 2015
afolabibalogun:
Good day to you all. I have always wanted to leave Nigeria, to work and earn some money in a foreign country. Right now, I have access to about 500k, and I need advise on which country I can relocate to without hassle with that amount.

The country can be on any continent, but should be somewhere I can process and get into within the next three months with the 500k I have. Please, if you are in a country outside Nigeria where you know I can relocate to with little hassle, and make at least 400-600 dollars monthly from menial jobs, please reply this post. Thanks

any continent u say??
zimbabwe shud do d trick...dia dollars get levels die...abi no b dollars u de find

but dis thread is for schoolin abroad,,,in d us...n dat ur 500k na jus for visa processing n i20 den mayb cheap flight..
so u gat ready millions

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by djmakson(m): 11:12pm On Nov 27, 2015
dannybrown19:

NO, but you must keep the application ID very well

You just misled/mis-informed that guy up there. He has to submit his DS160 and get a confirmation page which he'll print. It's the NUMBER on the confirmation page he'll use in scheduling an appointment. Note that the confirmation number must be same as the one of your appointment otherwise you'll be turned back at the consulate.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Babalola1990: 11:16pm On Nov 27, 2015
dannybrown19:

what part of North Dakota are you?
Minot. You?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Babalola1990: 11:17pm On Nov 27, 2015
Mayflowa:

sorry!!!
thank you Jare my brother. I tire. angry
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by dannybrown19: 11:26pm On Nov 27, 2015
djmakson:

You just misled/mis-informed that guy up there. He has to submit his DS160 and get a confirmation page which he'll print. It's the NUMBER on the confirmation page he'll use in scheduling an appointment. Note that the confirmation number must be same as the one of your appointment otherwise you'll be turned back at the consulate.
I didnt submit my own DS160 form because there were missing information onit
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by dannybrown19: 11:27pm On Nov 27, 2015
Babalola1990:
Minot. You?
will be coming to minot this spring...Minot State University.
i just sent you a pm
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Babalola1990: 11:34pm On Nov 27, 2015
dannybrown19:

will be coming to minot this spring...Minot State University.
i just sent you a pm
cool. Make sure you're prepared for moon-landing. grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by dannybrown19: 11:37pm On Nov 27, 2015
Babalola1990:
cool. Make sure you're prepared for moon-landing. grin
grin can i get a shared accommodation between 300 to 400 usd?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Babalola1990: 11:51pm On Nov 27, 2015
dannybrown19:

grin can i get a shared accommodation between 300 to 400 usd?
A single room might go for 400 cos most two bedroom apt are usually between 750 - 900. It depends on you getting someone to share room with.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by dannybrown19: 11:54pm On Nov 27, 2015
Babalola1990:
A single room might go for 400 cos most two bedroom apt are usually between 750 - 900. It depends on you getting someone to share room with.
guess i can get a room mate during the orientation right?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by kellycute(m): 12:10am On Nov 28, 2015
Happy birthday to myself kellycute. Thank you Lord God.

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Denvan: 1:46am On Nov 28, 2015
kellycute:
Happy birthday to myself kellycute. Thank you Lord God.
Happy bday to you. WYLLAP.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by electronic(m): 9:04am On Nov 28, 2015
@house
Please are there schools where you can apply for Admission with an uploaded GRE Score?
or has anyone used this approach.

At least for the admission process... I don't see myself dashing ETS $25 not to talk of Application fees....

lastly, do i really need TOEFL to secure GA/TA etc..... especially when it is waived for admission..

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by udeyokay: 12:38pm On Nov 28, 2015
electronic:
@house
Please are there schools where you can apply for Admission with an uploaded GRE Score?
or has anyone used this approach.

At least for the admission process... I don't see myself dashing ETS $25 not to talk of Application fees....

lastly, do i really need TOEFL to secure GA/TA etc..... especially when it is waived for admission..
What's name of your school?
Let's see. I think there are some schools that waive application fee for some students
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by tjsolight1000: 1:00pm On Nov 28, 2015
Kudos to the guys here and the gurus. you are such a life safer. I got my F1 visa approved recently and i would be travelling to Minnesota state university (MNSU) towards end of December for spring semester. Please, I would like to know if there is any Nigeria guy currently in MNSU on this thread. @least a Nigeria guy that can give me the scope of that place and the most preferred airline to fly me there. Help pls...

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Emmasmith2016: 1:00pm On Nov 28, 2015
Good afternoon everyone...my embassy interview is comin up soon...plz I need advice on...Body language. Rules of engagement.. And other stuffs that's gonna help me on that day..any advice that is useful...thank you!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by MrMann1(m): 2:02pm On Nov 28, 2015
Emmasmith2016:
Good afternoon everyone...my embassy interview is comin up soon...plz I need advice on...Body language. Rules of engagement.. And other stuffs that's gonna help me on that day..any advice that is useful...thank you!
Read alot of interview transcript both successful ones and failed ones. Observe the most common questions. Some are reason of picking a particular school, course and home ties. Confidence is body language also commit to prayers
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by KELVIN086: 2:13pm On Nov 28, 2015
bigfrancis21:

You do stand a strong chance of being made a lecturer on completion of your PhD. For many universities, a PhD is the minimum requirement to have to be considered for a lectureship position. So yes, you do stand the chance.
but sir how do u remain in the country when by then ones f1 visa would have expired, or would the school file an h1-b visa for you or there are some other ways around this. And i heard getting an h1-b visa after study aint an easy task.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by electronic(m): 2:18pm On Nov 28, 2015
udeyokay:

What's name of your school?
Let's see. I think there are some schools that waive application fee for some students
Application fee is not the problem, am talking about uploading GRE scores....without paying 25 dollars per school thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Moana(f): 2:21pm On Nov 28, 2015
McEwen:

Baby!

I'm back kiss kiss
lolz sweetheart how u dey?
So its now u have seen that those ashawos you were following up and down will make you run back to me abi? grintongue
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by imperiouxx(m): 3:58pm On Nov 28, 2015
GboyegaD:
Happy Thanksgiving to you all.
Imperiouxx, abeg holla me.

Ok. Sir.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Walspring: 4:06pm On Nov 28, 2015
burgessdon:
Help everyone Plz.must I submit my DS 160 before I go ahead with the appointment part?

Not really and it not compulsory you submit before booking your appointment interview but make sure you submit your ds160 form at least 72 hours before going for your interview
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Walspring: 4:11pm On Nov 28, 2015
djmakson:

The moment he starts filling the ds160 form after clicking start application, the confirmation code comes up and he can use that to book his appointment and no need to submit it before booking appointment.

Therefore he didn't misled the guy but to get early date for interview and to be on a safer side and not to create another ds160 confirmation code; it's always advisable not to submit incase applicants want to edit or add information because once applicant submit (s)he can't edit and the only remedy is to create another ds160 so that he can edit and add the information (s)he wants to include.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by udeyokay: 4:54pm On Nov 28, 2015
imperiouxx:

Ok. Sir.
My graduate co-ordinate just wrote me last tuesday that I have been currently considered for half research assistanship.That I will be working for 15hrs in a week with hourly pay of $8.25 per hour. Guru, how do you guys see such offer?

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by udeyokay: 4:56pm On Nov 28, 2015
udeyokay:

My graduate co-ordinate just wrote me last tuesday that I have been currently considered for half research assistanship.That I will be working for 15hrs in a week with hourly pay of $8.25 per hour. Guru, how do you guys see such offer?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 6:30pm On Nov 28, 2015
udeyokay:

it's not bad. But ask if it will cover your tuition aside the work
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by McEwen(m): 6:54pm On Nov 28, 2015
Moana:
lolz sweetheart how u dey?
So its now u have seen that those ashawos you were following up and down will make you run back to me abi? grintongue
Baby,i swear down no one like you kiss kiss

Your Diamond Ring is ready...Pm me wink
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by udeyokay: 7:01pm On Nov 28, 2015
slimmy05:
it's not bad. But ask if it will cover your tuition aside the work
He did not mension anything like that but,I will still ask him about it on monday.he said he will convey the official award in two weeks time starting from that tuesday.
Thank you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by finestcash: 9:58pm On Nov 28, 2015
tjsolight1000:
Kudos to the guys here and the gurus. you are such a life safer. I got my F1 visa approved recently and i would be travelling to Minnesota state university (MNSU) towards end of December for spring semester. Please, I would like to know if there is any Nigeria guy currently in MNSU on this thread. @least a Nigeria guy that can give me the scope of that place and the most preferred airline to fly me there. Help pls...
I will be going to southwest minnesota state university towards dec ending u can pm so we can talk better
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Emblem(m): 10:02pm On Nov 28, 2015
Hello House,

I currently have a valid B1/B2 visa but planning to apply for an F1 visa. I am married with a kid (US citizen). I don't know whether to bring my wife to the US on her B1/B2 Visa and then change status to F2 when she gets to the US.

What if her F2 get rejected, would she still be able to come to US on her visitor visa or does her visitor visa gets rejected too? Kindly advise

Also, if i get denied F1 visa, what happens to my valid B1/B2 visa.?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Obynocyse: 10:53pm On Nov 28, 2015
Good people, can someone sponsor him/her self

(1) (2) (3) ... (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) (123) (124) ... (401)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 / Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.