Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,615 members, 7,823,683 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:16 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 - Travel (123) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 (785645 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (120) (121) (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by hayaorbah: 2:03pm On Nov 29, 2015
Pls who is going to Virginia soon or staying in Virginia a female precisely
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 2:52pm On Nov 29, 2015
Justwise
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by pennstate(m): 3:18pm On Nov 29, 2015
What is going on here?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Glocal1: 3:29pm On Nov 29, 2015
prayerrain:
please help,
for those that have done WES evaluation.
please do I have to pay for the evaluation before I can get a reference number or
can I get the reference number just by signing up/ registering on the WES site?
thank you.
U av to pay b4 being assigned a ref no.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by bigfrancis21: 4:10pm On Nov 29, 2015
purplesummer:
bigfrancis21, I'm aware you are quite knowledgeable about WES evaluations. However, I'm about to use the AACRAO (that's the required /recommended platform). I would like to know if AACRAO would "butcher" my CGPA or is it likely that they use the same grading system with WES?
Meanwhile, I've got two transcripts, will they evaluate them separately or jointly?
....lol, shey I'm asking you these questions as if you work with AACRAO? grin

The thing with AACRAO is that they are fast in transcript evaluation, much faster than WES. The conversion scale of AACRAO is slightly lower than WES. In WES, our A remains A on the US scale (4 points), our B is B+ (3.3), our C is B (3 points), our D is C+, our E is C and F is F. On the WES scale, there are no Ds and Es after conversion, any Ds and Es in our transcript are converted to C+ and C, meaning more points towards your final CGPA. However, with AACRAO, our A, B and C are their A, B+ and B respectively, but our D and E are their C and D respectively. With AACRAO, there is a D grade and also notice the significant drop from C+ and C in WES to C and D respectively in AACRAO, meaning a slightly lesser final GPA with AACRAO compared with WES.

But, AACRAO is quite faster in their evaluation compared with WES and is also cheaper. The issue with WES is that it takes time for evaluation but where the delay usually lies in is in the transcript verification stage after your school (or you using your school's name and address as sender) has sent your transcript to WES and they've sent it back to your school to verify that it is valid before they proceed with the evaluation. Usually, after the verification is received back from the school, it takes about 1 week for WES to do the translation and mail out a copy to the address as listed on your application form. You can be proactive in your WES evaluation process by following up with your school to know when WES has sent the verification request so you can nudge your school to respond as quick as possible.

If your 2 transcripts are OND + HND, they should accept it from you and convert it to a 4-year US bachelor's equivalent since they are both of 2 years each.

9 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by bigfrancis21: 4:21pm On Nov 29, 2015
rawlizo:
. Always on point. My man!!

Freshest in Canada...I sightest thou sir... cheesy

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by bbdd: 4:56pm On Nov 29, 2015
udeyokay:

Thank you brother for the elaboration.
I have accepted it already I am just waiting for. The official letter which will be ready in roughly one week two days time.

$500 is just good enough for rent
It will taxed by the state and federal government
So the money might end up being around $400 per month.

It's better than nothing but certainly you need another source of funds for eating and surviving.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 6:56pm On Nov 29, 2015
McEwen:

Baby kiss kiss kiss kiss
Oga, behave yourself and stop acting silly. You can do this in the romance thread. Justwise I see no reason why these people haven't received a ban.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by purplesummer(f): 7:38pm On Nov 29, 2015
bigfrancis21:

The thing with AACRAO is that they are fast in transcript evaluation, much faster than WES. The conversion scale of AACRAO is slightly lower than WES. In WES, our A remains A on the US scale (4 points), our B is B+ (3.3), our C is B (3 points), our D is C+, our E is C and F is F. On the WES scale, there are no Ds and Es after conversion, any Ds and Es in our transcript are converted to C+ and C, meaning more points towards your final CGPA. However, with AACRAO, our A, B and C are their A, B+ and B respectively, but our D and E are their C and D respectively. With AACRAO, there is a D grade and also notice the significant drop from C+ and C in WES to C and D respectively in AACRAO, meaning a slightly lesser final GPA with AACRAO compared with WES.

But, AACRAO is quite faster in their evaluation compared with WES and is also cheaper. The issue with WES is that it takes time for evaluation but where the delay usually lies in is in the transcript verification stage after your school (or you using your school's name and address as sender) has sent your transcript to WES and they've sent it back to your school to verify that it is valid before they proceed with the evaluation. Usually, after the verification is received back from the school, it takes about 1 week for WES to do the translation and mail out a copy to the address as listed on your application form. You can be proactive in your WES evaluation process by following up with your school to know when WES has sent the verification request so you can nudge your school to respond as quick as possible.

If your 2 transcripts are OND + HND, they should accept it from you and convert it to a 4-year US bachelor's equivalent since they are both of 2 years each.

Thank you so very much for the lecture. You more than did justice to the question.

I would have loved to use WES despite their notoriety for delay, but the schools I'm applying to keep mentioning the AACRAO. My two transcripts are; a 5-year university bachelors transcript and another from the Nigerian Law School.

I guess I should go with AACRAO and hope for the best.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Mekurexx: 8:09pm On Nov 29, 2015
Happy new week guys!.
@Bigfrancis21 thanks for your input and replies to folks on here. Its been really helpful.
However would like to ask if you know about IERF evaluation grading? is it like WES or lower than WES?
Cuz I am using them to apply and just want to know how they work? or if anyone has used them pls can you share. thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by McEwen(m): 8:20pm On Nov 29, 2015
slimmy05:
Oga, behave yourself and stop acting silly. You can do this in the romance thread. Justwise I see no reason why these people haven't received a ban.
undecided
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by fizzile(m): 9:08pm On Nov 29, 2015
tjsolight1000:
Kudos to the guys here and the gurus. you are such a life safer. I got my F1 visa approved recently and i would be travelling to Minnesota state university (MNSU) towards end of December for spring semester. Please, I would like to know if there is any Nigeria guy currently in MNSU on this thread. @least a Nigeria guy that can give me the scope of that place and the most preferred airline to fly me there. Help pls...
Am applying into MNSU too. Just sent u a pm
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by bigfrancis21: 9:31pm On Nov 29, 2015
Mekurexx:
Happy new week guys!.
@Bigfrancis21 thanks for your input and replies to folks on here. Its been really helpful.
However would like to ask if you know about IERF evaluation grading? is it like WES or lower than WES?
Cuz I am using them to apply and just want to know how they work? or if anyone has used them pls can you share. thanks

I am not really familiar with IERF.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by bigfrancis21: 9:35pm On Nov 29, 2015
purplesummer:

Thank you so very much for the lecture. You more than did justice to the question.

I would have loved to use WES despite their notoriety for delay, but the schools I'm applying to keep mentioning the AACRAO. My two transcripts are; a 5-year university bachelors transcript and another from the Nigerian Law School.

I guess I should go with AACRAO and hope for the best.

Since you already have a 5-year bachelor's degree, AACRAO will evaluate it into a US bachelor's degree equivalent, and your law school transcript will also have to be evaluated independently.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by purplesummer(f): 10:19pm On Nov 29, 2015
bigfrancis21:

Since you already have a 5-year bachelor's degree, AACRAO will evaluate it into a US bachelor's degree equivalent, and your law school transcript will also have to be evaluated independently.

It's much clearer to me now. I appreciate.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by udeyokay: 6:07am On Nov 30, 2015
bbdd:

$500 is just good enough for rent
It will taxed by the state and federal government
So the money might end up being around $400 per month.

It's better than nothing but certainly you need another source of funds for eating and surviving.
Okay. Thank you for the info. Atleast The research assistnship can also serve as one of the strong points of choosing my school during my visa interview. I don't depend on that pay at all
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by fizzile(m): 7:05am On Nov 30, 2015
Bigfrancis has a way of giving you concrete info. Indeed he's a great guy.

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by electronic(m): 8:12am On Nov 30, 2015
@HOUSE
pls what is the exchange rate for PayPal? I am about to cut my leg and pay for my GRE exam....
I see N240 on local banks but Google gives me N199. So am not sure of the amount PayPal would charge * N199 or 240.
Any body who just payed for GRE with PayPal please help out.....thanks..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by donkotman(m): 8:12am On Nov 30, 2015
Good morning to the gurus in g house
@bigfrancis21, pls I need clarification on dis, I did diploma in psychology before gaining direct entry admission into 200level. my question is am about to send d transcript of my degree to WES for evaluation, will I also send my diploma transcript with it considering I later spent 6 semesters in my degree.

your quick response will be appreciated. thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (120) (121) (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) ... (401)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 / Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14

Viewing this topic: Tinamoore(f) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.