Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,211 members, 7,815,229 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:23 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 - Travel (226) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 (783955 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (223) (224) (225) (226) (227) (228) (229) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 7:33pm On Feb 09, 2016
Which school are you going to, bro?
Femora002:

Slimmy my chairman. It would be a privilege to meet you ooo. Jehovah's willing am heading to Kansas for the fall session. I will look for a way to see you Sha. I spoke with virginice recently. She was very receptive and kind.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by dicapino: 7:42pm On Feb 09, 2016
AgreatMan:

Thanks, I will call them later today. As per your admission, nuclear is some really strange shiitt. Maybe you can connect with current graduate students on Linkedin or fb.

Yeah I have started doing that.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 7:54pm On Feb 09, 2016
Femora002:

Slimmy my chairman. It would be a privilege to meet you ooo. Jehovah's willing am heading to Kansas for the fall session. I will look for a way to see you Sha. I spoke with virginice recently. She was very receptive and kind.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 7:56pm On Feb 09, 2016
slimmy2005:
Sirriddy, I am patiently waiting for your interview transcript. I'm also coming to Kansas Fall, 2017 for my PhD program. I've decided to take the bold step.
Bro.. The dickhead just checked his box and he got it there.. He said he thought he would get a notification if any stuff gets to his box. That means he didn't check before coming, he went back on Saturday.. Thanks boss,. I really appreciate.. Your head is over-valid!.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 7:58pm On Feb 09, 2016
profojah2:

Bro.. The dickhead just checked his box and he got it there.. He said he thought he would get a notification if any stuff gets to his box. That means he didn't check before coming, he went back on Saturday.. Thanks boss,. I really appreciate.. Your head is over-valid!.
I was wondering lol, cos I did post it to him. Good he got it now.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Richmond996: 8:03pm On Feb 09, 2016
worry359:

Some confusion here!
You need to apply to the higher school (university) to get a visa.
Then when you get to Obamaland, transfer to a community college.
But remember C.C. is a lower school and their certificates are worth less in the job market!

If you know how much people spend on CC you won't call the certificate worthless.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 8:04pm On Feb 09, 2016
dicapino:

Yeah I have started doing that.
Leo.. Been trying to call you, which kain phone you dey use sef..

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by imperiouxx(m): 8:44pm On Feb 09, 2016
oganlalasokun:
My friend who applied to renew his visit visa through a dropbox was later called to appear at the embassy for interview, when he got there, they asked him why he spent 5 months instead of then intended 1 month hetold them at the interview, he explained to them them that on arrival to the US, he got an admission to do a masters programme and he then applied for a change of status to a student visa and when it was not approved, he had to return home at the 5th month. He didn't want to overstay.
Now, the VO asked him to come back for his passport in 3 months time, by then his visa would have expired. What could be the problem pls for holding his passport that long ?

I will note this post and requote it here many times when those I Too Know start arguing that USCIS will change your visa status just like that when you're in U.S on other kinds of visa apart from F2 and you apply for change of status.

As per this case, it's simple, the VO/USCIS/DHS doesn't entertain cheap conversion of visa status in U.S. If you're a tourist, you can only remain in U.S for the main reason to which your visa application was granted. If you like to change to a student visa, you must not enroll in classes while waiting for your change of status and put forward a student visa application at home. The come back in 3 months is for your visa to expire and apply for another visa and get subjected to more scrutiny. Also by then you would be out of the semester completely. Though on USCIS website they wrote that it's possible to change status but the truth is that applicants from countries such as Nigeria are treated differently.

Also USICS take all the time in the world just to open your application and when they do, you might have even forgot that you submitted an application somewhere. My I-90 application has been with the USCIS since May 10, 2015. Just last month they asked that I submit the original card I'm replacing and that my application has gone back to the initial stage....... That means it might take many months before they reach my file again.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by worry359(m): 8:45pm On Feb 09, 2016
Richmond996:

If you know how much people spend on CC you won't call the certificate worthless.

Ritchboy,
I will not debate with you, People will see who is correct.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 8:46pm On Feb 09, 2016
slystanley:

Ok boss, the statement of result worked??
I graduated from the university of Benin and am applying for fall admission at southern Arkansas university.

Quote ) ( Report) ( Like) ( Share )
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2
by kaycome : 6:25pm On Feb 12 , 2012
guys ! I check my wes status and it has change
to evaluation in progress. I guess my skool have
gotten my document n they hav replied them. Am
very happy after waiting 4 3 mnth. Ojap i believe
nw that jut the scan copy of my statement of
result is all i need to send to u now. Or do i need
any oda tin? My email addys is
akinwolekay@gmail.com thank everybody for ur
advice
( Quote ) ( Report) ( Like) ( Share )
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2
by drslip: 8:33pm On Feb 12 , 2012
guys ! I check my wes status and it has change
to evaluation in progress. I guess my skool have
gotten my document n they hav replied them. Am
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by dicapino: 8:48pm On Feb 09, 2016
profojah2:

I go buzz you now
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Mekurexx: 8:53pm On Feb 09, 2016
Hey Guys, Who has used DHL recently or TNT etc. What is their current rate to send an envelope to the US? I'm considering using NIPOST Express, Who has used this particular service?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 8:54pm On Feb 09, 2016
slystanley:

Ok boss, the statement of result worked??
I graduated from the university of Benin and am applying for fall admission at southern Arkansas university.

https://www.nairaland.com/823866/general-u.s.a-student-visa-enquiries-part2/22
you can follow the link above and ask the guy with Kaycom Monica. I think he had the same issue...
I hope this helps
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by purplesummer(f): 9:07pm On Feb 09, 2016
Mekurexx:
Hey Guys, Who has used DHL recently or TNT etc. What is their current rate to send an envelope to the US? I'm considering using NIPOST Express, Who has used this particular service?
I used nipost's EMS to send 3 LORs late last year. It took about 5 working days for my parcel to get to Pennsylvania. I was charged #8,920 or something in the neighborhood of that amount.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by imperiouxx(m): 9:12pm On Feb 09, 2016
anikemoses:
its not far,once u get cleared after arrival,ask the policemen u will see at the exit,they will give u direction on trains to take..or better still install uber or lyft app,they are way cheaper than patronizing those Pakistanis who from ur accent and body expressions can tell ur a first timer and exploit u..I paid over $80 during my time for a trip that costs not more than $10 according to the policeman I met...cheers

Only if the police said $10 by taking the bus and subway but if not, then you have to remember the police and go back to slap him.

oganlalasokun:
Pls what is the distance from JFK airport to a greyhound station in new York, and like how much will one pay to get a taxi that will carry one to the station.
Thanks

JFK to Port authority in Manhattan is not really far and not so close and hold up around that side during rush hour na hell. Taxi on an average with rush hour holdup will be about that $80 - $110. You can use http://www.taxifarefinder.com/ The price is always more than the online quoting because those drivers are smart a$$es.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Mekurexx: 9:15pm On Feb 09, 2016
I'm sending LORs and also bank statement plus SOP. One envelope goes to the department and the other to the grad office. I tot DHL was around 8k and NIPOST cheaper. My budget is actually 10k. Btw the EMS had tracking number right?
purplesummer:

I used nipost's EMS to send 3 LORs late last year. It took about 5 working days for my parcel to get to Pennsylvania. I was charged #8,920 or something in the neighborhood of that amount.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by imperiouxx(m): 9:24pm On Feb 09, 2016
UNIXLover:
Hello Guys,
Please advice me on this. I got my F1 Visa in December but was unable to travel and the school said I can come in Summer.. But I am not sure I want to go in summer. Whats the probability of getting the Visa if I re-appear again in fall since my current Visa would have expired by August.

Please Urgent !

You should have waited till you're good before applying for the visa in the first place. Getting the visa again might be very hard because you have to have a solid prove to show that such scenario won't happen again during the next interview. Best of luck

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by imperiouxx(m): 9:28pm On Feb 09, 2016
vivyval:
Hi guys, I need schools for msc mechanical engineering with funding preferably in California, Maryland or Texas.
Cc: bigfrancis,Deetus,walspring,ojap, impreoux...
Thanks buddies.

It's good you looking into schools in TX, rumor has it that they are generous around there. I would remove CA and MD from my list and concentrate on TX. Best of luck.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by imperiouxx(m): 9:33pm On Feb 09, 2016
davido05:
I just got an i-20 to study @ victory bible college. Can anyone assist me with infors concerning questions @ d embassy?

Ok, another religion study.... right? Before asking for info, have you checked this thread from 6 - 12 months back? If not, you need to fast fast. There are quite few people that have gone for theirs with the RS, the interview transcripts and results will give you much idea on what you should do and except. Best of luck
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by koolkenzo(m): 9:52pm On Feb 09, 2016
Hello House, i was having a conversation with a friend today about my wife with a B1 valid visa but she has an intention of applying for her masters some time this year, he said her B1 could be revoke if she is denied the F1. Though i really doubt him but i just want to hear from someone that have similar experience.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 10:01pm On Feb 09, 2016
Richmond996:

That is not what he meant. He is not talking about the cost of the degree but its value back home here. Because what you will spend to attend a C.C in states like CA,NY,DC,TX,FL and some other states is more than what a university student will spend in some other states in the U.S. In CA, a studio goes for $500 above monthly.but most universities have cheaper dorms, so when you calculate the cost of attending, C.C is very expensive because almost all C.C don't have dorms.But aside that people still get visa with the C.C I-20. The visa ish is all about luck and how confident and truthful you are thats all. Moreso, from the C.C you can always enter 300L in the university.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by imperiouxx(m): 10:16pm On Feb 09, 2016
koolkenzo:
Hello House, i was having a conversation with a friend today about my wife with a B1 valid visa but she has an intention of applying for her masters some time this year, he said her B1 could be revoke if she is denied the F1. Though i really doubt him but i just want to hear from someone that have similar experience.

I doubt that. A good B1 status increases the chance of getting F1 if it's done in the right way. Apply from home.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by purplesummer(f): 10:18pm On Feb 09, 2016
Mekurexx:
I'm sending LORs and also bank statement plus SOP. One envelope goes to the department and the other to the grad office. I tot DHL was around 8k and NIPOST cheaper. My budget is actually 10k. Btw the EMS had tracking number right?
I'm sorry for the delayed response. Yes, EMS has a tracking number. Well, I sent One envelope containing the 3 LORs. I wouldn't know if they'd charge you for each separate envelope even though both are going to the same school but different departments. Why don't you pay them a visit and have these sorted out?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by anikemoses(m): 10:22pm On Feb 09, 2016
imperiouxx:

Only if the police said $10 by taking the bus and subway but if not, then you have to remember the police and go back to slap him.

JFK to Port authority in Manhattan is not really far and not so close and hold up around that side during rush hour na hell. Taxi on an average with rush hour holdup will be about that $80 - $110. You can use http://www.taxifarefinder.com/ The price is always more than the online quoting because those drivers are smart a$$es.
the policeman told me about an easier route which is same thing u talked about..that wouldn't cost more than $10,but I was just so naive and didn't want to miss my bus schedule...almost same thing played out on my trip to college park..All am saying is there are taxi drivers that takes advantage of first timers...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by imperiouxx(m): 10:37pm On Feb 09, 2016
anikemoses:
the policeman told me about an easier route which is same thing u talked about..that wouldn't cost more than $10,but I was just so naive and didn't want to miss my bus schedule...almost same thing played out on my trip to college park..All am saying is there are taxi drivers that takes advantage of first timers...

I wasn't disputing you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by temi4fash(m): 10:44pm On Feb 09, 2016
profojah2:

Boss I need your help as regards my LOR'S
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 10:46pm On Feb 09, 2016
temi4fash:

Boss I need your help as regards my LOR'S
You still have my number?.. Send me a message
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by temi4fash(m): 10:50pm On Feb 09, 2016
profojah2:

You still have my number?.. Send me a message

Yes boss...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by oganlalasokun: 1:05am On Feb 10, 2016
Greetings all.
Pls can someone travel to the US for a one month vacation with our local food items. The include:
(1) gaari
(2) grinded dry pepper ....ata gigun
(3) grinded melon.... Egunsi
(4) ogii (pap)
(5) dry fish and cray fish
(6) elubo
(7) vegetables, both ewedu and ugwu leaf
(cool iruu
(9) maagi

Pls can someone carry all above without having any issues at the POE for a visit of 4 weeks vacation. However, some of the items belongs to someone else
Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by zeezahbee(f): 1:59am On Feb 10, 2016
koolkenzo:
Her B1 can not be revoked. if she get the F1 visa, her B will be cancelled. if she doesn't get the F1, she can still travel the B1 visa.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 2:46am On Feb 10, 2016
zeezahbee:
Her B1 can not be revoked. if she get the F1 visa, her B will be cancelled. if she doesn't get the F1, she can still travel the B1 visa.

Aunty, happy new year! cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by olumide098(m): 2:49am On Feb 10, 2016
Anybody coming to Boston? if yes then I have a shared apartment for you. but need to explain to you on how its gonna be. just 300 dollars monthly. contact me or message me on ( Closer to Salem university, Neu, northshore community college etc) will be expecting your message or inbox me. bye

(1) (2) (3) ... (223) (224) (225) (226) (227) (228) (229) ... (401)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 / Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.