Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,078 members, 7,811,019 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:49 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 - Travel (229) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 (783286 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (226) (227) (228) (229) (230) (231) (232) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 6:09pm On Feb 11, 2016
dannybrown19:

What would you wanna knw bro?

Hello,
You asked if there is anyone that knows someone that attends minot state university. So i asked if its the one in state of north dakota to be sure. Is it?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 6:14pm On Feb 11, 2016
grin grin
Thanks bro.
imperiouxx:

That tells you some schools are just dumbs. Low ranked school with high admission criteria. Dumb.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Richmond996: 6:34pm On Feb 11, 2016
Jchi9876:

run for your dear life from these bloody indians who are no good. Customer service is. terrible. no wonder they say awuf dey run belle.

if you wanna do a wire transfer from your account straight to a dorm account in nigeria and have peace of mind just use your account its a flat rate charge of $40.

Western union or money gram no dey do straight deposit to account and Naija banks won't let recipients deposit $$ value in their dorm.

So if you need your naija peeps to have more money for whatever deposit into their dorm they withdraw call abokiii in the streets and shikena.

All these vvirtual people claiming they will do transfer to an account in naija for $3 better i have been a terrible victim (upon how i smart reach) when moneygram or westy's lowest charge depending on amount you sending is abt $12.

Worldremit is scam slow fraudulent. terrible service and glorified money laundering

You just dey slam worldremit with no prove. I actually used them yesterday, fast and cconvienent, its the best way to send money for now. Western union don't work no more and they suck
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by happney65: 6:39pm On Feb 11, 2016
Richmond996:

You just dey slam worldremit with no prove. I actually used them yesterday, fast and cconvienent, its the best way to send money for now. Western union don't work no more and they suck

Who told you Western union does not work anymore?Which kain news be that?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 6:51pm On Feb 11, 2016
Richmond996:

exchange rate 194?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by kennyrony(m): 6:54pm On Feb 11, 2016
happney65:

When last did you use western union
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by dannybrown19: 7:00pm On Feb 11, 2016
Rahmeek:

Hello,
You asked if there is anyone that knows someone that attends minot state university. So i asked if its the one in state of north dakota to be sure. Is it?
I m not the one asking and I attend Minot state university. Minot state university is only in North Dakota.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by happney65: 7:00pm On Feb 11, 2016
kennyrony:

When last did you use western union

Received through WU Today..Both WU and MG no get issues at all..I no know where the guy hear that news
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by dannybrown19: 7:05pm On Feb 11, 2016
Jchi9876:

run for your dear life from these bloody indians who are no good. Customer service is. terrible. no wonder they say awuf dey run belle.

if you wanna do a wire transfer from your account straight to a dorm account in nigeria and have peace of mind just use your account its a flat rate charge of $40.

Western union or money gram no dey do straight deposit to account and Naija banks won't let recipients deposit $$ value in their dorm.

So if you need your naija peeps to have more money for whatever deposit into their dorm they withdraw call abokiii in the streets and shikena.

All these vvirtual people claiming they will do transfer to an account in naija for $3 better i have been a terrible victim (upon how i smart reach) when moneygram or westy's lowest charge depending on amount you sending is abt $12.

Worldremit is scam slow fraudulent. terrible service and glorified money laundering
Boss, hw does the transfer work from an account here to a domiciliary account in Naija and what's the maximum one can transfer?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 7:24pm On Feb 11, 2016
dannybrown19:

I m not the one asking and I attend Minot state university. Minot state university is only in North Dakota.

Oh i know the school, i wanted to go there before someone who has been to ND advised me not to go there. You school there?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by nairaspace: 7:59pm On Feb 11, 2016
Omo it is wa o. This forum keeps growing like a Wild Plant. Kilode... I cant even keep up!..

Hi to everyone and thanks for keeping this forum going. Oluwa ni ishola!

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by sofadj(m): 8:23pm On Feb 11, 2016
bigfrancis21:

Hey, congrats on your admission to UMD. I am an alumnus of the school, having graduated last december.

UMD is quite a huge campus with a teeming student population. As you probably know by now, it ranks among the top schools in the US. As you would expect, it is quite a tough school academically but you should be fine. It is located in the city of college park, in the Prince George's county of Maryland. The school is about 15 minutes drive to the white house and about 5 minutes drive away from Washington DC (very close). Housing around the school is average and you can rent a room in a house for between $400 to $600 per month, with or without utilities. It is about 45 minutes drive from Baltimore. The public system in the DMV area (DC, Maryland and Virginia) is quite well developed and many buses run that cover several routes. Maryland's weather is usually not too extreme - neither too cold as in NY or Boston nor too hot as in Florida. The weather is in-between.

UMD has a diversified reliable school shuttle system covering the Prince George's county and environs. Thus there is strong chance that you could get a house off campus along a shuttle route that would take you to and bring you back from school.

There are many Nigerian students (foreign and US-born) going to school here. I'm sure you'll be able to connect with Nigerian students here.

In all, it is a good school to attend. Go terps!

Thanks a lot.

Any suggestion for securing financial aid?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by dannybrown19: 8:38pm On Feb 11, 2016
Rahmeek:

Oh i know the school, i wanted to go there before someone who has been to ND advised me not to go there. You school there?
Yeah I school there
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Richmond996: 9:07pm On Feb 11, 2016
slimmy2005:
exchange rate 194?

Same thing with worldremit 194. Western Union charges $5 for transfer while world remit charge $4… western union is just a rip off, when you go to collect the money, they give you naira instead of dollar knowing how much you could change it at the black market
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Richmond996: 9:09pm On Feb 11, 2016
happney65:

Oga e no dey work for people receiving in the US
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by happney65: 9:17pm On Feb 11, 2016
Richmond996:

Oga e no dey work for people receiving in the US

Ahaaaaa..Mogbe..Is that the kind of information you peddle around here?WU is still being received and sent within the US and international so also MG till tommorow..Na Wahooo..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by happney65: 9:23pm On Feb 11, 2016
Richmond996:

Same thing with worldremit 194. Western Union charges $5 for transfer while world remit charge $4… western union is just a rip off, when you go to collect the money, they give you naira instead of dollar knowing how much you could change it at the black market

It is a CBN Policy for them to give Naira and not WU..You could choose which one you want to receive in the past but not anymore..Enough of False info being peddled on here..profojah2 come and see ohh
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Richmond996: 9:37pm On Feb 11, 2016
happney65:

It is a CBN Policy for them to give Naira and not WU..You could choose which one you want to receive in the past but not anymore..Enough of False info being peddled on here..profojah2 come and see ohh

why you dey call another person for this matter. I never peddled any false info, na u get your mouth
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 10:11pm On Feb 11, 2016
dannybrown19:

Yeah I school there

Please how is the school like?
Are there African restaurants?
I applied there but awaiting a decision coz my Wes evaluation is not ready.
Are there financial aids for international students?
I am applying to master of education program with a concentration in cognitive science.
How is the housing like?
How cold is it?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by happney65: 10:17pm On Feb 11, 2016
Richmond996:

why you dey call another person for this matter. I never peddled any false info, na u get your mouth

The Info you shared here is false..Kindly check your information before you come here..Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 10:20pm On Feb 11, 2016
dannybrown19:

Yeah I school there

Alright. Heard it is very cold there. Sparsely populated and a white stronghold [90% white 10% others including blacks combined].
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 10:35pm On Feb 11, 2016
Hello House,
I think US student F-1 visa is difficult to get in NOVEMBER/DECEMBER/JANUARY (spring/winter semester). Also in JUNE/JULY/AUGUST (fall semester) .Easier to get MARCH/APRIL/MAY (summer). Or what do you think guys?? Drop your comments grin grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by IIZER29: 10:44pm On Feb 11, 2016
Rahmeek:
Hello House,
I think US student F-1 visa is difficult to get in NOVEMBER/DECEMBER/JANUARY (spring/winter semester). Also in JUNE/JULY/AUGUST (fall semester) .Easier to get MARCH/APRIL/MAY (summer). Or what do you think guys?? Drop your comments grin grin grin

This is an absolute myth. No such thing of it being difficult to get F1 Visa in certain months.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Richmond996: 11:11pm On Feb 11, 2016
happney65:

The Info you shared here is false..Kindly check your information before you come here..Thanks

And who authorized u to declare what I said as false.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by imperiouxx(m): 11:34pm On Feb 11, 2016
IIZER29:

This is an absolute myth. No such thing of it being difficult to get F1 Visa in certain months.

Approval rate for fall is higher than other semesters. Fall is like first semester.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by dannybrown19: 12:29am On Feb 12, 2016
prayerrain:

Please how is the school like?
Are there African restaurants?
I applied there but awaiting a decision coz my Wes evaluation is not ready.
Are there financial aids for international students?
I am applying to master of education program with a concentration in cognitive science.
How is the housing like?
How cold is it?
There is an international market where you can buy African foods or better still order online, as for financial aid, I don't think because they offer in-state tuition. Undergraduates tuition is 6390 USD while masters is around 7000 USD a year.
Housing is cheap, u can get a shared apartment for 370 to 400, utilities are like 40 a month
The beaver lodge in their website is 2086 for a semester.
Bro I go tell u the truth, the cold no be here, but they said this year own is not all that weird to compare last year. The most weird I have seen since I came is -9F.
But the place is pretty much good for study

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by dannybrown19: 12:33am On Feb 12, 2016
Rahmeek:

Alright. Heard it is very cold there. Sparsely populated and a white stronghold [90% white 10% others including blacks combined].
Yeah, better cold and the 10% , I would say Naija plenty pass for the 10%.
Which school are you?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 1:44am On Feb 12, 2016
dannybrown19:

Yeah, better cold and the 10% , I would say Naija plenty pass for the 10%.
Which school are you?

Would be attending university of Houston or Houston community college, Houston,TX. I applied to both. Have not made final decision yet. You can help me with some advice if you got any. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 1:47am On Feb 12, 2016
IIZER29:

November,december the embassies are usually crowded. The visa issuance rate is low because of our high number and also due to the fact that it is a festive period, their visa policies usually get hardened. For security purposes. Now if you visit the embassies the crowds are not much like nov,dec. but just like you said also, US visa is just luck,confidence and honesty.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Mayflowa(m): 2:10am On Feb 12, 2016
vivyval:
Hi Mayflowa, will be entering the US by next month, and my passport will expire April 2017; will be in Nigeria by December, and I plan to renew it then,will I have issues at the POE?

Not at all. You are good to go. Once your passport is valid 6 months into the future at the POE, no one will question you on it.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 2:14am On Feb 12, 2016
Paulbets them don dey enter o.

Please you guys that have been TAs, how was the experience?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by dannybrown19: 2:56am On Feb 12, 2016
[quote author=Rahmeek post=42845284]

Would be attending university of Houston or Houston community college, Houston,TX. I applied to both. Have not made final decision yet. You can help me with some advice if you got any. Thanks[/quote
If you have got the money for both, its cool.
Texas is quite a good state for one to be. Looking at going there some day.
But why did you change your mind on Minot?

(1) (2) (3) ... (226) (227) (228) (229) (230) (231) (232) ... (401)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 / Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.