Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,973 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:08 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 - Travel (227) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 (783896 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (224) (225) (226) (227) (228) (229) (230) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 2:54am On Feb 10, 2016
olumide098:
Anybody coming to Boston? if yes then I have a shared apartment for you. but need to explain to you on how its gonna be. just 300 dollars monthly. contact me or message me on ( Closer to Salem university, Neu, northshore community college etc) will be expecting your message or inbox me. bye
How you dey?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by olumide098(m): 2:58am On Feb 10, 2016
Am fine. need a female student coming to America to school

slimmy2005:
How you dey?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 3:03am On Feb 10, 2016
warriboy21:

E needs a gmat.. I can't get to d office today though.
E can email graduate school at d website.
Very responsive attendants
you mentioned a company that one can use to send money to Nigeria with better exchange rate.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 3:04am On Feb 10, 2016
olumide098:
Am fine. need a female student coming to America to school

which better way person fit use send dollars go Nigeria?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by olumide098(m): 3:05am On Feb 10, 2016
La nacional 285 naira per dollar here in Boston

slimmy2005:
which better way person fit use send dollars go Nigeria?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by ejirostephen(m): 5:57am On Feb 10, 2016
Morning All, opinions needed. Targeting fall 2016 resumption but as it is, it is scary to start acquiring dollars at NGN300/Naira...That would ofcos cut to half my supposed budgeted fund. Whats the best way forward on this please. Thanks all.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 7:03am On Feb 10, 2016
ejirostephen:
Morning All, opinions needed. Targeting fall 2016 resumption but as it is, it is scary to start acquiring dollars at NGN300/Naira...That would ofcos cut to half my supposed budgeted fund. Whats the best way forward on this please. Thanks all.
If only you could ask your former leaders what happened, then you'll understand more.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by sharlorhm(m): 7:09am On Feb 10, 2016
meritdee:

Oh sorry bro, just seeing this. I'm now in Maryland.
boss, u still in maryland?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by koczee: 9:35am On Feb 10, 2016
Well done guys for all the great information shared here.Please I need some good graduate school in the US that offers Master's in Public Health.thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Jahbless82: 10:04am On Feb 10, 2016
Slimmy05...I sent you mail
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by vivyval(f): 10:22am On Feb 10, 2016
FedEx charges 12k. (If you are in Lagos, try the branch at Allen Avenue ikeja).
Mekurexx:
Hey Guys, Who has used DHL recently or TNT etc. What is their current rate to send an envelope to the US? I'm considering using NIPOST Express, Who has used this particular service?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by MrMann1(m): 11:42am On Feb 10, 2016
Anyone living in houston, close to texas southern uni. I need someone who I can share apartment with... plssss
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by devonpaul(m): 1:51pm On Feb 10, 2016
[quote author=ejirostephen post=42782226]Morning All, opinions needed. Targeting fall 2016 resumption but as it is, it is scary to start acquiring dollars at NGN300/Naira...That would ofcos cut to half my supposed budgeted fund. Whats the best way forward on this please. Thanks all.[/quote
In d same shoes right now. It's saddening
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by zeezahbee(f): 1:55pm On Feb 10, 2016
Amefrica:

Aunty, happy new year! cheesy
same to you jawe better pikin. How the weather na ?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 2:55pm On Feb 10, 2016
zeezahbee:
same to you jawe better pikin. How the weather na ?

Thanks oo, the weather is brutal but we're dealing with it. How's US and studies?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 3:00pm On Feb 10, 2016
cuteconnec:
Bros, i advice you to send email to the university to transfer your sevis details to the community college before you travel. Also inform the international students advisor at the community college to accept your sevis and prepare a new i20 for you.(after you get the visa to the university)
You can travel directly to the community college witgout having to show at the university after these steps.
Finally i dont think its a good idea to mention community college to the VO. Just tell him the universities you applied and why you applied there.

i had a similar transfer case between 2 universities.

This little things are the things that cause problems for nigerians in the U.S. In anything you are doing just be truthful.if it is the community college you want just apply and go for the interview like that, if it is the university do the same. Because all these shady plans make you start having problems with the immigration and mind you anything you do in the U.S is entered into your profile in the department of state system. That is why you will see some nigerians that have schooled in the US for 4years but after their studies, the embassy wont issue them a visa again. BECAREFUL MAN.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by ladelade11: 3:37pm On Feb 10, 2016
mubarakopeyemi:

Jst want to know if there are Nigerians in the skul and the city in general. Jst got addmited for my Msc program and going for my interview this month
Hi, what do u wanna know about them
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by malory84: 3:46pm On Feb 10, 2016
MrMann1:
Anyone living in houston, close to texas southern uni. I need someone who I can share apartment with... plssss

Hi dear. I want to apply to TSU for fall admissions. pls how is the school? Do they give financial aid, GA, RA OR TA to international graduate students? What what your GRE score?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by MrMann1(m): 6:22pm On Feb 10, 2016
malory84:

Hi dear. I want to apply to TSU for fall admissions. pls how is the school? Do they give financial aid, GA, RA OR TA to international graduate students? What what your GRE score?

I am not yet in the school. By the grace of God, I will be attending the sch by fall semester. No financial aid for intl students but after a session, one would be eligible for GA, RA, TA.
My GRE score is a bit low... 282
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by aadeyi: 6:47pm On Feb 10, 2016
ejirostephen:

Western Union has a lower rate around 245-250. If u can send it to someone in the US to hold for u or when u get to the US someone sends it to from naija.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by aadeyi: 6:52pm On Feb 10, 2016
MrMann1:

Why not look for somewhere to stay in Houston for the first few days, and you look for room mates in school who lives closer to the school.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 7:28pm On Feb 10, 2016
MrMann1:

Check "extended home stays". You can get a room for atleast $100 a week before you get a place. It is not advisable to just move into anyones place without knowing the person well. Our nigerians in yankee are something else especially the ones in houston,tx. Make sure you know the person very well before you move. Best of luck.

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by sofadj(m): 7:39pm On Feb 10, 2016
anyone in University of Maryland College park? Any opinion on the school? Looking to attend this fall. Secured admission already, currently seeking funding opportunities.
Any info will be appreciated.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by warriboy21(m): 8:18pm On Feb 10, 2016
[quote author=Rahmeek post=42796986][/quote]
sup u sch in CA?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by warriboy21(m): 8:18pm On Feb 10, 2016
slimmy2005:
you mentioned a company that one can use to send money to Nigeria with better exchange rate.
worldremit
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 9:07pm On Feb 10, 2016
warriboy21:

sup u sch in CA?

All good. No i don't. I have relatives there. But i am going to houston this may by grace of God.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by MrMann1(m): 9:50pm On Feb 10, 2016
Rahmeek:

Check "extended home stays". You can get a room for atleast $100 a week before you get a place. It is not advisable to just move into anyones place without knowing the person well. Our nigerians in yankee are something else especially the ones in houston,tx. Make sure you know the person very well before you move. Best of luck.

Hmm... Thanks for your advice.

aadeyi:

Why not look for somewhere to stay in Houston for the first few days, and you look for room mates in school who lives closer to the school.
Good advice. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by slystanley: 10:54pm On Feb 10, 2016
hello house....please I need your advice, am applying for fall admission at southern Arkansas university, how's the school please?? do you think I can get admitted and visa cos am going for master's in public administration, someone trying to discourage me about going for the course that I may not get a visa maybe because, the vo may perceive it's better to study the course here.....please you advice is needed
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Walspring: 11:24pm On Feb 10, 2016
drOdu:

N20k for dhl,FedEx,ups...

anyone has stories of missing documents through regular courier?

can I-20 be replaced if missing by a courier service?

Yes a new i20 will be issue for you

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Walspring: 11:27pm On Feb 10, 2016
slystanley:
hello house....please I need your advice, am applying for fall admission at southern Arkansas university, how's the school please?? do you think I can get admitted and visa cos am going for master's in public administration, someone trying to discourage me about going for the course that I may not get a visa maybe because, the vo may perceive it's better to study the course here.....please you advice is needed

You better stop getting bad advise somewhere and focus on how you will tell VO that you truly have passions for the course..

When it comes to visa interview each applicants case/interview are treated different therefore what was used to deny someone does not mean it will be used to deny somebody
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 11:30pm On Feb 10, 2016
Walspring:

Yes a new i20 will be issue for you

Is it usually issued free? Or one must pay again?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Walspring: 11:33pm On Feb 10, 2016
Rahmeek:

Is it usually issued free? Or one must pay again?

Schools issued I20 free as long as you are admitted and also pay application fee if required

(1) (2) (3) ... (224) (225) (226) (227) (228) (229) (230) ... (401)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 / Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.