Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,141 members, 7,814,999 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:16 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 - Travel (228) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 (783905 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (225) (226) (227) (228) (229) (230) (231) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by imperiouxx(m): 11:34pm On Feb 10, 2016
slystanley:
hello house....please I need your advice, am applying for fall admission at southern Arkansas university, how's the school please?? do you think I can get admitted and visa cos am going for master's in public administration, someone trying to discourage me about going for the course that I may not get a visa maybe because, the vo may perceive it's better to study the course here.....please you advice is needed

You can get the visa with the PA if you can convince the VO at your interview. What you need to address is "of what good my public administration degree would be to me in U.S after my degree"?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 11:35pm On Feb 10, 2016
slystanley:
hello house....please I need your advice, am applying for fall admission at southern Arkansas university, how's the school please?? do you think I can get admitted and visa cos am going for master's in public administration, someone trying to discourage me about going for the course that I may not get a visa maybe because, the vo may perceive it's better to study the course here.....please you advice is needed

Good day,
My advice to you is just follow your heart. The only thing you are to enquire about is the quality of the school that is all. Weather it is masters in barbing or washing plate once you have your I-20 the key is just honesty,confidence then luck that is all. Just do your thing. Best of luck.

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Walspring: 11:38pm On Feb 10, 2016
aadeyi:

Western Union has a lower rate around 245-250. If u can send it to someone in the US to hold for u or when u get to the US someone sends it to from naija.

Nice one but in case he didn't trust anyone with his money, then he can be the sender and receiver as well when using western so that when he get to USA he can pick his money himself since it takes 180 days before western union return the money back to the sender if it is not picked up

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 11:38pm On Feb 10, 2016
Walspring:

Schools issued I20 free as long as you are admitted and also pay application fee if required

Oh thanks alot
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Walspring: 11:41pm On Feb 10, 2016
Rahmeek:

Oh thanks alot

Let's give the thanks to God

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Walspring: 11:44pm On Feb 10, 2016
sofadj:
anyone in University of Maryland College park? Any opinion on the school? Looking to attend this fall. Secured admission already, currently seeking funding opportunities.
Any info will be appreciated.

Cc bigfrancis21
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by bigfrancis21: 2:11am On Feb 11, 2016
sofadj:
anyone in University of Maryland College park? Any opinion on the school? Looking to attend this fall. Secured admission already, currently seeking funding opportunities.
Any info will be appreciated.

Hey, congrats on your admission to UMD. I am an alumnus of the school, having graduated last december.

UMD is quite a huge campus with a teeming student population. As you probably know by now, it ranks among the top schools in the US. As you would expect, it is quite a tough school academically but you should be fine. It is located in the city of college park, in the Prince George's county of Maryland. The school is about 15 minutes drive to the white house and about 5 minutes drive away from Washington DC (very close). Housing around the school is average and you can rent a room in a house for between $400 to $600 per month, with or without utilities. It is about 45 minutes drive from Baltimore. The public transportation system in the DMV area (DC, Maryland and Virginia) is quite well developed and many buses run that cover several routes. Maryland's weather is usually not too extreme - neither too cold as in NY or Boston nor too hot as in Florida. The weather is in-between.

UMD has a diversified reliable school shuttle system covering the Prince George's county and environs. Thus there is strong chance that you could get a house off campus along a shuttle route that would take you to and bring you back from school.

There are many Nigerian students (foreign and US-born) going to school here. I'm sure you'll be able to connect with Nigerian students here.

In all, it is a good school to attend. Go terps!

8 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by biikeys(m): 3:53am On Feb 11, 2016
slystanley:

Why don't you go for a course with better carrier prospects...makes your life easier as well in the long run.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by dannybrown19: 4:30am On Feb 11, 2016
bigfrancis21:

Hey, congrats on your admission to UMD. I am an alumnus of the school, having graduated last december.

UMD is quite a huge campus with a teeming student population. As you probably know by now, it ranks among the top schools in the US. As you would expect, it is quite a tough school academically but you should be fine. It is located in the city of college park, in the Prince George's county of Maryland. The school is about 15 minutes drive to the white house and about 5 minutes drive away from Washington DC (very close). Housing around the school is average and you can rent a room in a house for between $400 to $600 per month, with or without utilities. It is about 45 minutes drive from Baltimore. The public system in the DMV area (DC, Maryland and Virginia) is quite well developed and many buses run that cover several routes. Maryland's weather is usually not too extreme - neither too cold as in NY or Boston nor too hot as in Florida. The weather is in-between.

UMD has a diversified reliable school shuttle system covering the Prince George's county and environs. Thus there is strong chance that you could get a house off campus along a shuttle route that would take you to and bring you back from school.

There are many Nigerian students (foreign and US-born) going to school here. I'm sure you'll be able to connect with Nigerian students here.

Better soup na money make am like that grin

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Mayflowa(m): 7:45am On Feb 11, 2016
rogerdavid:
Hello Folks

I am a new member here. I have read through several posts here; i must say that I am quite impressed with your astute, sound and relevant advice.

As I prepare for my Graduate studies come Fall this year, I have questions on my mind. But let me start with these:

With my I-20 from, how soon can I apply for visa, considering the fact that Fall semester won't start until August/September?

Secondly, my passport will expire in December 2016 and I am sure you are aware that I can't get renewal from immigration before a six-month pre-expiry timeline. What do you suggest I do about this?
Thank you

You can actually renew your passport before six month to its expiration. I had same issues but it was renewed without stress. Like 9 month to Expiration. Renew your passport before filling your DS2019.

However if you choose to go with your current passport, there won't be any issue at the embassy. You only have to go do renewal before you travel lest you will be denied entrance at the POE
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by dest4real(m): 7:53am On Feb 11, 2016
Hello
I got 66% in my masters degree here in Nigeria. Is there a way i can convert this (66%) to CGPA? The school i want to apply to for my PhD is requesting for CGPA, not percentage. What do i do? how do i convert it?

Thanks .
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 9:41am On Feb 11, 2016
Please Is there anyone in MiNot State University? Please I need your help.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 11:43am On Feb 11, 2016
prayerrain:

Please Is there anyone in MiNot State University?
Please I need your help.

The one in North Dakota?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by vivyval(f): 1:38pm On Feb 11, 2016
Hi Mayflowa, will be entering the US by next month, and my passport will expire April 2017; will be in Nigeria by December, and I plan to renew it then,will I have issues at the POE?
Mayflowa:

You can actually renew your passport before six month to its expiration. I had same issues but it was renewed without stress. Like 9 month to Expiration. Renew your passport before filling your DS2019.

However if you choose to go with your current passport, there won't be any issue at the embassy. You only have to go do renewal before you travel lest you will be denied entrance at the POE
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Mekurexx: 1:59pm On Feb 11, 2016
Alright thank you very much... I used EMS. was charged N9000
purplesummer:

I'm sorry for the delayed response. Yes, EMS has a tracking number. Well, I sent One envelope containing the 3 LORs. I wouldn't know if they'd charge you for each separate envelope even though both are going to the same school but different departments. Why don't you pay them a visit and have these sorted out?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Mekurexx: 2:00pm On Feb 11, 2016
Thank you Vivy!
vivyval:
FedEx charges 12k. (If you are in Lagos, try the branch at Allen Avenue ikeja).

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by sharlorhm(m): 2:43pm On Feb 11, 2016
bigfrancis21:

UMD is quite a huge campus with a teeming student population. As you probably know by now, it ranks among the top schools in the US. As you would expect, it is quite a tough school academically but you should be fine. It is located in the city of college park, in the Prince George's county of Maryland. The school is about 15 minutes drive to the white house and about 5 minutes drive away from Washington DC (very close). Housing around the school is average and you can rent a room in a house for between $400 to $600 per month, with or without utilities. It is about 45 minutes drive from Baltimore. The public system in the DMV area (DC, Maryland and Virginia) is quite well developed and many buses run that cover several routes. Maryland's weather is usually not too extreme - neither too cold as in NY or Boston nor too hot as in Florida. The weather is in-between.

Bigfrancis Sir, l mite be a student of that school soon sir, l will be needing help from your side sir. Is cybersecurity an okay course there? Dad wants me to go for d course
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by purplesummer(f): 2:50pm On Feb 11, 2016
Mekurexx:
Great! 9k isn't bad right?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 2:53pm On Feb 11, 2016
Mekurexx:
Track it and make sure it's left Nigeria to avoid delay coz sometimes these guys at EMS do mess up. I had bizarre experience with them and so, had to ask for their boss hehehe.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Mekurexx: 3:00pm On Feb 11, 2016
Fair enough, my budget was 10k....so still on check
purplesummer:

Great! 9k isn't bad right?

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Mekurexx: 3:01pm On Feb 11, 2016
Will do that...Thanks man
DeeTus:
Track it and make sure it's left Nigeria to avoid delay coz sometimes these guys at EMS do mess up. I had bizarre experience with them and so, had to ask for their boss hehehe.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Jchi9876: 3:10pm On Feb 11, 2016
warriboy21:

worldremit

run for your dear life from these bloody indians who are no good. Customer service is. terrible. no wonder they say awuf dey run belle.

if you wanna do a wire transfer from your account straight to a dorm account in nigeria and have peace of mind just use your account its a flat rate charge of $40.

Western union or money gram no dey do straight deposit to account and Naija banks won't let recipients deposit $$ value in their dorm.

So if you need your naija peeps to have more money for whatever deposit into their dorm they withdraw call abokiii in the streets and shikena.

All these vvirtual people claiming they will do transfer to an account in naija for $3 better i have been a terrible victim (upon how i smart reach) when moneygram or westy's lowest charge depending on amount you sending is abt $12.

Worldremit is scam slow fraudulent. terrible service and glorified money laundering

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by ukwalife(m): 3:16pm On Feb 11, 2016
Hello guy please I'm looking for Nigerians based in NY or PA, please if you no anyone you can email me at emperorkc@gmail.com i will like to get in touch with you guys. Thanks. 1love
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 4:06pm On Feb 11, 2016
Just got my decision from Auburn. BIG FAT REJECT
70 dollars just waste.
Funny enough, University of Kansas is ranked higher and they accepted me.
Chronicles of Admission...

The Committee on Graduate Study in Computer Science and Software Engineering, MS (Thesis) has contacted the Graduate School concerning your application for admission. I regret to inform you that the Committee did not recommend your admission. Applications for admission are evaluated on a number of bases, including departmental resources, standardized test scores, grade point averages, letters of recommendation, statements of purpose, and other means. Admission is therefore competitive and the program did not feel it had adequate resources to support you in your pursuit of a graduate education.

The Committee requested that I convey to you its appreciation for your interest in the Computer Science and Software Engineering, MS (Thesis) program at Auburn University. Although you were not admitted to this graduate program at Auburn at this time, I wish you much success in your academic endeavors.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 4:23pm On Feb 11, 2016
sirRiddy:
Just got my decision from Auburn. BIG FAT REJECT
70 dollars just waste.
Funny enough, University of Kansas is ranked higher and they accepted me.
Chronicles of Admission...

The Committee on Graduate Study in Computer Science and Software Engineering, MS (Thesis) has contacted the Graduate School concerning your application for admission. I regret to inform you that the Committee did not recommend your admission. Applications for admission are evaluated on a number of bases, including departmental resources, standardized test scores, grade point averages, letters of recommendation, statements of purpose, and other means. Admission is therefore competitive and the program did not feel it had adequate resources to support you in your pursuit of a graduate education.

The Committee requested that I convey to you its appreciation for your interest in the Computer Science and Software Engineering, MS (Thesis) program at Auburn University. Although you were not admitted to this graduate program at Auburn at this time, I wish you much success in your academic endeavors.
Terrible location for schooling. Auburn na yeye school, they are intimidated by your profile. Imagine the Application fee angry
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 4:27pm On Feb 11, 2016
E pain me sha but I am getting over it.
Reject na bad thing o.
Thanks boss.
slimmy2005:
Terrible location for schooling. Auburn na yeye school, they are intimidated by your profile. Imagine the Application fee angry
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 4:48pm On Feb 11, 2016
sirRiddy:
Reject na bad thing o.
Thanks boss.
I am applying to just one school. I'm already intouch with the graduate coordinator. I will work on getting my thesis work published. Don't have that much time for plenty application. When you apply as a domestic student, you have upper chance.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 5:08pm On Feb 11, 2016
Sounds like a nice plan. Good luck!
slimmy2005:
I am applying to just one school. I'm already intouch with the graduate coordinator. I will work on getting my thesis work published. Don't have that much time for plenty application. When you apply as a domestic student, you have upper chance.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by warriboy21(m): 5:31pm On Feb 11, 2016
Jchi9876:

run for your dear life from these bloody indians who are no good. Customer service is. terrible. no wonder they say awuf dey run belle.

if you wanna do a wire transfer from your account straight to a dorm account in nigeria and have peace of mind just use your account its a flat rate charge of $40.

Western union or money gram no dey do straight deposit to account and Naija banks won't let recipients deposit $$ value in their dorm.

So if you need your naija peeps to have more money for whatever deposit into their dorm they withdraw call abokiii in the streets and shikena.

All these vvirtual people claiming they will do transfer to an account in naija for $3 better i have been a terrible victim (upon how i smart reach) when moneygram or westy's lowest charge depending on amount you sending is abt $12.

Worldremit is scam slow fraudulent. terrible service and glorified money laundering

ooooh israel what is dis 1 saying ...

for me world remit is very fast reliable and genuine. and its not owned by indians.. i even top airtime or right from my bed ere to friends n family phones back in 9ja and it dont even take more dan 5mins... 400naira mtn recharge is like $2.75..

what i like about dis world remit is dat it gives u flexibility to dash out some certain amount like ($13) 2000naira or 1500naira to friends or family in 9ja..n de will receive it in not less dan 5mins smiley

pls dont allow dis jchi guy to discourage u from enjoying d service o...u can google n read d reviews urself ..#peace wink

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by dannybrown19: 5:40pm On Feb 11, 2016
prayerrain:

Please Is there anyone in MiNot State University?
Please I need your help.
What would you wanna knw bro?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by imperiouxx(m): 6:09pm On Feb 11, 2016
sirRiddy:
Reject na bad thing o.
Thanks boss.

That tells you some schools are just dumbs. Low ranked school with high admission criteria. Dumb.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (225) (226) (227) (228) (229) (230) (231) ... (401)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 / Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.