Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,092 members, 7,811,062 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:59 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 - Travel (234) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 (783291 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (231) (232) (233) (234) (235) (236) (237) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by dicapino: 6:29pm On Feb 14, 2016
imperiouxx:

You can take min of 9 and max of 12 credit hour/semester. When on GA, they will hardly let you take more than the min.

Bros thanks a lot.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by SophiaLisa(f): 7:38pm On Feb 14, 2016
imperiouxx:

Oh sorry about your experience. I don't know your definition for a good city. To me, Manhattan, Brooklyn or 2/3 of the Bronx doesn't fit in a good city for living. I came from the southern US and can't withstand the filth and filthy look of Manhattan, Brooklyn and the Bronx. 1/3 of Queens is good but the majority of Queens is far from the city (NYC). I live in south Staten Island that look more like the south U.S. 1/3 of Staten Island is bad too but the south where I'm has clean roads and safe neighborhoods, being the fact that it's white dominated part.

So where are you in Staten Island?

Hi, I am in Wandel Avenue, Staten island.

Thanks for the words.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by imperiouxx(m): 8:21pm On Feb 14, 2016
SophiaLisa:

Hi, I am in Wandel Avenue, Staten island.

Thanks for the words.

Oh, I see. I always pass through adjacent street (van duzer) almost every time I go to Richmond terrace.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by temi4fash(m): 8:37pm On Feb 14, 2016
MrMann1:

Your best bet is to get your transcript evaluated by the recommended firms the school advises. You wanna evaluate yourself and send to them

Lol....

I can't do that..

But have got to email them to know that right?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by MrMann1(m): 10:14pm On Feb 14, 2016
temi4fash:

Lol....

I can't do that..

But have got to email them to know that right?
Ok.. Pls email the school official, if you are serious with admission, just follow whatever they advise.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by temi4fash(m): 10:16pm On Feb 14, 2016
MrMann1:

Ok.. Pls email the school official, if you are serious with admission, just follow whatever they advise.

Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by djmakson(m): 11:37pm On Feb 14, 2016
For the benefit of those who want to know what their GPA is gonna be after WES evaluation, here is a GPA Calculator from WES that would give you the exact value: http://www.wes.org/calculator/igpa.asp

All you need do is enter your course units and scores correctly. Tested and trusted!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by phatdon4u: 12:20am On Feb 15, 2016
Hi everyone! Need ur advise, pls... I studied project management as undergrad and finished wt 4.03. Any advise on schools that offer assistantship? Criteria and necessary info. Scored 88 on TOEFL and preparing for GRE. I need ur contributions pls. I'll prefer Minnesota or states very close to it. Thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by AlbertEinstein: 2:11am On Feb 15, 2016
Hello house. Been a while. Sorry I've been tryna "settle down" in the states

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 2:53am On Feb 15, 2016
I've gained alot knowledge about US visa app ever since i joined this forum. Thanks to yo all
do i stand a chance of being granted visa if apply to any US university with my 2011 waec result?
2. Considering the fact that dollar exchange rate is about 325,at what rate will i be charged for sevis, Wes and all that ................................

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by fizzile(m): 10:35am On Feb 15, 2016
Hey gurus,please can some of you volunteer to review my statement of purpose. Will really appreciate. @bigfrancis,sirriddy,profojah,imperiouxx,inshort all the gurus.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by malory84: 11:09am On Feb 15, 2016
Good morning guys. pls o. For those that applied to like 5 schools and sent official transcript, did you get your school to send to each school at a total price? to send official transcript from my school is 30,000. so does it mean that for each school i send to , its 30k.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 11:33am On Feb 15, 2016
malory84:
Good morning guys. pls o. For those that applied to like 5 schools and sent official transcript, did you get your school to send to each school at a total price? to send official transcript from my school is 30,000. so does it mean that for each school i send to , its 30k.

For unilag you pay 2,500 for 2 transcripts and 10k for each destination in the US. Btw I applied to 9 schools. 7 required official transcripts. And 1 school had me send official docs to them thrice.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 11:35am On Feb 15, 2016
fizzile:
Hey gurus,please can some of you volunteer to review my statement of purpose. Will really appreciate. @bigfrancis,sirriddy,profojah,imperiouxx,inshort all the gurus.

Where r u applying to, and for what academic year? I'm not a guru but I don't mind reviewing your sop if you like.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Mekurexx: 11:38am On Feb 15, 2016
Thats waste of cash... Evaluate your transcript using IERF (best-from my experience), WES, ECE etc You just pay their registration fee and sending of your (Evaluated report)transcripts will cost $20 each or less. You need to email or call the schools to find out which evaluation service they accept
malory84:

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by paulbets: 11:38am On Feb 15, 2016
Fortissimo:

For unilag you pay 2,500 for 2 transcripts and 10k for each destination in the US.
thats if one wants it to be sent through dhl. One can as well pay N400 and have it sent through Nipost. How are arrangements and prep bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 11:42am On Feb 15, 2016
paulbets:
thats if one wants it to be sent through dhl. One can as well pay N400 and have it sent through Nipost. How are arrangements and prep bro

Oboy na dhl/ups I use for all o. I can't even estimate how much I've spent so far. I've only gotten two schools now. Waiting for the other 7 then I decide. How your side?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 11:43am On Feb 15, 2016
Mekurexx:
Thats waste of cash... Evaluate your transcript using IERF (best-from my experience), WES, ECE etc You just pay their registration fee and sending of your (Evaluated report)transcripts will cost $20 each or less. You need to email or call the schools to find out which evaluation service they accept

Some schools do not accept 3rd party evaluations.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by fizzile(m): 11:44am On Feb 15, 2016
paulbets:
I think u r confusing this guy. Many undergraduate schools send transcripts themselves and not by the student,so how do u expect him to send himself through nipost or dhl? D undergraduate school sends. Secondly not all schools accept anytn unofficial. Plz advice him well.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 11:48am On Feb 15, 2016
fizzile:
I think u r confusing this guy. Many undergraduate schools send transcripts themselves and not by the student,so how do u expect him to send himself through nipost or dhl? D undergraduate school sends. Secondly not all schools accept anytn unofficial. Plz advice him well.

Some schools ask you or give you the option of them sending it through courier or nipost or even electronically.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by fizzile(m): 11:48am On Feb 15, 2016
malory84:
Mail the schools to know if they accept notarized copy of transcripts. What I mean by notarized is try and see hw u can get a copy of ur transcript,make coloured photocopies then take it to the high court for it to be legalized den post tru nipost or ems to reduce cost. Another option is out of the five schools,check the schools that accept evaluated transcript,then send ur transcript to d evaluation agency n dey wl evaluate and send to the schools. Else if u don't go with these options,be ready to spend 30000 times 5 which is 150k.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by fizzile(m): 11:50am On Feb 15, 2016
Fortissimo:

Some schools ask you or give you the option of them sending it through courier or nipost or even electronically.
Yeh ur right. That's why I told him to mail the schools to know the options they accept. I just sent u a pm.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by paulbets: 11:51am On Feb 15, 2016
Fortissimo:

Oboy na dhl/ups I use for all o. I can't even estimate how much I've spent so far. I've only gotten two schools now. Waiting for the other 7 then I decide. How your side?
dhl for 9 schools? Man you are the real obo o. Actually the nipost works fine (atleast from my experience) especially when its not ones first time of requesting for transcript. Omo but my side gallant o... Fingers crossed
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 11:53am On Feb 15, 2016
fizzile:
Yeh ur right. That's why I told him to mail the schools to know the options they accept. I just sent u a pm.

I've replied chief.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 11:55am On Feb 15, 2016
paulbets:
dhl for 9 schools? Man you are the real obo o. Actually the nipost works fine (atleast from my experience) especially when its not ones first time of requesting for transcript. Omo but my side gallant o... Fingers crossed

Hahaha amen o. Just keep believing and expecting the best.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by paulbets: 11:55am On Feb 15, 2016
fizzile:
i was pointing out something regarding unilag srecords to fortissimo.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by paulbets: 11:57am On Feb 15, 2016
Fortissimo:

Hahaha amen o. Just keep believing and expecting the best.
thanks bro. Best to us all
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 12:08pm On Feb 15, 2016
paulbets:
thanks bro. Best to us all

Yeah man. If you get pwc offer will u still go?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by paulbets: 12:19pm On Feb 15, 2016
Fortissimo:

Yeah man. If you get pwc offer will u still go?
it depends. There's a lot that is not very clear now but by May/June. First of all, let them offers be coming in!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 12:28pm On Feb 15, 2016
paulbets:
it depends. There's a lot that is not very clear now but by May/June. First of all, let them offers be coming in!

Ok brother.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by cremeuc: 1:24pm On Feb 15, 2016
Good Afternoon house,
Please i want to ask how easy it is for getting GA in USA as an international student.
I want to ask about the probability of getting it?
What schools really grant students this opportunity.

Regards.

(1) (2) (3) ... (231) (232) (233) (234) (235) (236) (237) ... (401)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 / Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.